Real Tanks of Genius

100 Tauren Warrior
Bud Light presents: Real Tanks of Genius
(Real Tanks of Genius!)

Today we salute you, Mr. Pull Everything in the Instance Guy.
(Mr. Pull Everything in the Instance Guy!)

Boldly you charge through entire packs of mobs, stomping on anything that moves.
(Look at me!)

Like a driver on the way to deliver a pizza, you want to be done in 20 minutes or less.
(I said look at ME!!!!)

The group questions your ability to hold everything, but you shout back, "Don't worry, I've got this."
(No seriously I SAID LOOK AT ME!!!!!)

So crack open an ice cold Bud Light, oh Brother of the Bulldozer.
(Chick!)

Because of you, we get to make healers die a little inside.
(Mr. Pull Everything in the Instance Guy!)
Reply Quote
90 Human Monk
Yes!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
lolololol.
love it.

with that being said, every time I do an instance, I always try to pull a few more into one group than I did the time before, provided I was able to not come close to dying previously.

the faster I clear the instance, the faster I can do other things, and lets face it, getting as many satchels as possible in as small time frame as possible is the only way to go.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
Love it,

My head put in the voice overs without me thinking about it.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Well played, good sir.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Druid
simply amazing
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Excellent.

/salute
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Very nice :)
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Awesome :D
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Priest
You know what? I'm fine with pulling a lot and getting through quicker. 3-minute CDs are there to be used on trash.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Monk
Mountdew Brewing Company Presents: Real Tanks of Genius.
(Real Tanks of Genius.)

Today we salute you, Mr Clueless Looking For Raid Tanking Guy.
(Clueless looking for raid tanking guy.)

No matter how many youtube videos, online strategies, or in-game hints are posted, you never, ever bother to read up on the strats.
(That's because reading is for sissies!)

You charge into the fray and fail to grab threat in the first few seconds, then laugh as your best DPS die.
(Haha, look at those newbs!)

Challenging healers with your superhuman squishines, you plunge to your doom on Elagon and get sucked into the Wind Lord's tornadoes time and time again.
(Look at me while I fly!)

While other tanks know where their taunt button is, and carefully position mobs, you stand your ground no matter how bad things get.
(Holy $#%@, what do all these stacks do?!!)

Do you kno how to play your class? No. Do you know how to abuse the queue? Absolutely.
(I like my instant queues!)

So here's to you oh actively non-mitigating meat shield of doom. Because even though your raid may hate you, you keep your the repair vendors in business, and for that you'll always be a hero... to us.
(Mr Clueless Looking for Raid Tanking Guy.)

This message brought to you by Mountain Dew Brewery. Healers not provided. Remember to tank responsibly.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
02/13/2013 08:09 AMPosted by Lightning
You charge into the fray and fail to grab threat in the first few seconds, then laugh as your best DPS die.

Seems like this calls for a post on Real DPS of Genius: Mr. Blow Every Cooldown You Have In The First 5 Seconds Guy.

Do you kno how to play your class? No. Do you know how to abuse the queue? Absolutely.
(I like my instant queues!)

Er... I thought tanks had the longest LFR queues of all. If I queue as tank and healer, I'm 99% likely to be assigned healer. Tanks only get good queues in LFD.

02/13/2013 08:09 AMPosted by Lightning
get sucked into the Wind Lord's tornadoes time and time again.

Sadly, this part is completely true. Even if I'm nowhere near them on my screen, I still get sucked in and dragged halfway across the room. And if I do manage to get near the end, then they start spawning right on top of me.

Although, technically, the guy with all the tornadoes is the Blade Lord. The Wind Lord is the guy who throws his blade at you and throws tons of blades at the whole raid. Weird, but there it is.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
10/10 would read again
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Monk
02/13/2013 08:46 AMPosted by Calonderiel
Seems like this calls for a post on Real DPS of Genius: Mr. Blow Every Cooldown You Have In The First 5 Seconds Guy.

I always wait a good 15-20 seconds before I blow CDs on any fight. However, I find that Elemental Blast > Flame Shock > Lava Burst > Chain Lightning Spam on Ele Shaman or Jab > TP > RSK > SCK spam on monk will pull threat more often than not.

In fairness though, I believe Real DPS of Genius would be even more hilarious and sadly even more often true.

02/13/2013 08:46 AMPosted by Calonderiel
Er... I thought tanks had the longest LFR queues of all. If I queue as tank and healer, I'm 99% likely to be assigned healer. Tanks only get good queues in LFD.

Every time I queue up DPS we always seem to be waiting on tanks. Could just be my battle group or the days I do LFR.

Although, technically, the guy with all the tornadoes is the Blade Lord. The Wind Lord is the guy who throws his blade at you and throws tons of blades at the whole raid. Weird, but there it is.

Good point. And weird.

Also, all of it is intended to be tongue in cheek. I actually see more good tanks than bad ones. But the bad ones... lol.
Reply Quote
73 Dwarf Warrior
This kind of reminds me how the old Warrior block system would work... BoA's at level 30 in WotLK, I could pull half of SM Graveyard and put on Shield Block, and since my strength was so high, it would block all damage. In that invincibility window, my Mage friend managed to kill most or even all of what I pulled with a couple blizzards.

Great times, and great post. Make more! :D
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Warrior
The great thing is the music was playing in my head the whole time i read these and even used the same voice from the commercials.
10/10
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
...I'm missing something, aren't I.
Reply Quote
73 Dwarf Warrior
02/13/2013 02:50 PMPosted by Krinu
...I'm missing something, aren't I.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ETrWZsYYJOQ
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
11/06/2012 11:59 AMPosted by Thenia
You know what? I'm fine with pulling a lot and getting through quicker. 3-minute CDs are there to be used on trash.

yes thank you, and I personally don't aim for 20 I am for 15. Heck the longer challenge mods are cleared in 20 I'm sure I can clear it with better gear (while non scaled gear) and a 15% damage buff faster.

Now there's a difference between pulling to get to the end and pulling everything in sight and knowing how much mana your healer has, and knowing what CDs you have available.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]