Are we "leaders" anymore

29 Goblin Shaman
11/12/2012 12:13 PMPosted by Nightmare
Tanks and Healers are the leaders of the group, and they must be on the same page.

I agree.

As tank, I've handed the reins over to my betters before. But for the most part, if I so much as pull out my map, the whole damned group falls apart....

You have to tank, and know where the hell you're going too.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
11/12/2012 12:13 PMPosted by Nightmare
Tanks and Healers are the leaders of the group, and they must be on the same page.

Nope.

Because at this point for everything bar a few pulls the healer isn't part of the book.

They're just the bookmark.

Helpful to have, but not needed if you just remember where you were.
Edited by Ðemolition on 11/12/2012 10:54 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
When I tank I lead. When I'm not the tank, I let the tank lead unless he doesn't know wtf he's doing.

Thing is the tank has to control the adds, choses where the boss is, and if it moves, so he chooses the strat used. If the dps & healer aren't onboard, it's either going to work the tank's way anyways, or it's a wipe.
Reply Quote
85 Orc Warrior
11/07/2012 11:27 PMPosted by Ðemolition
just "accidentally" tab to the stuff he should have pulled.

God you're one of those people. Most annoying thing ever when DPS decide how much a tank can handle. We're tanking, we know our damage intake not you, don't pull for us.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warrior
I remember someone calling tanks tour guides some months back. I think that is more accurate.

No one is really needed in the leveling instances, some just make it go smoother. Leading there is like trying to herd cats. Better off just dangling something shiny for them to follow. I wonder if sparklefever ever has issues getting them to follow?

I am the guy packing mobs into shiny deeps, that does not make me a leader.

LFR is just a mob mentality no one leads, sometimes someone pretends.

Heroics, everyone knows the drill due to the grinding that is done for LFR gear. Every now and then someone explains something to the new guy.

Edit: I did not answer the question.

There are no leaders in this game short of normal raids, and there leaders are not chosen by their toons.
Edited by Magtrent on 11/13/2012 12:34 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
While leveling and doing randoms I find most tanks to be egotistical self-centered prima donna a-holes.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
11/15/2012 08:25 AMPosted by Sadiie
While leveling and doing randoms I find most tanks to be egotistical self-centered prima donna a-holes.

I leveled up as prot and found the exact same thing.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]