Best dps class for Mists of Pandaria. (PvP)

90 Blood Elf Paladin
12/23/2012 04:58 PMPosted by Asasen
If you are willing to lose repeadetly while gearing up, and will take the time to practice and learn how to play a Subtlety, you will strive in the end. As i leveled and first hit 90 on my rogue i realized my class was not at the "top" class like it was in Cataclysm. This did not stop me from playing it though. There was no way i was gonna give up on my favorite toon/class. Well, long story short, I am now a force to be reckoned with. With the mal daggers i gained a HUGE upgrade in damage output and that also leads to more control. I am no one famous, nor am I a rank 1 player, but I beat every class out there right now in my realm and corresponding realms that are in cross-realm zones. Rogues are a force to be reckoned with when played and geared correctly!

Yep im prety sure you got it there. I play arenas and bgs a lot and theres a HUGE diference between a geared rogue and a non-geared rogue
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Rogues have always scaled well. Even if they aren't tops out the gate, in every expansion they have excelled later on. And the good rogues excelled even out the gate, simply because the rogue toolkit is very pvp friendly.

Historically speaking, speaking for the class as a whole and not a specific spec, priests, warlocks, rogues, mages have done well every arena season. Well, other than S5, but that doesn't count. Nobody did well that season unless they were a DK.

Of course, many people for some reason seem to think if they aren't number 1 in every area they aren't "viable", whatever that means. When I say done well I mean they had solid representation, which should be good enough for anybody.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Rogues have always scaled well. Even if they aren't tops out the gate, in every expansion they have excelled later on. And the good rogues excelled even out the gate, simply because the rogue toolkit is very pvp friendly.

Historically speaking, speaking for the class as a whole and not a specific spec, priests, warlocks, rogues, mages have done well every arena season. Well, other than S5, but that doesn't count. Nobody did well that season unless they were a DK.

Of course, many people for some reason seem to think if they aren't number 1 in every area they aren't "viable", whatever that means. When I say done well I mean they had solid representation, which should be good enough for anybody.

well said
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I've been playing around a bit and noticed that hunters are really good low level but they suck as a high level unless their geared
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Warriors are temporarily good. Mages have been OP for years.

Warriors have, like, 2 mediocre seasons out of 11 and act like they were so hard done by.

Got news for you, sonnyboy: the current state of warriors in pvp is the norm, not the exception.

I like how you take freedoms to redefine words in the English language, like mediocre at your own discretion. Also, Ret or Holy have pretty much always had a place in PVP.
Edited by Bloodletters on 12/27/2012 2:01 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
YAY someone noticed how good we are :)
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I honestly think that any class is good as long as you know what your doing and have gear
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
12/27/2012 03:01 PMPosted by Drougr
I honestly think that any class is good as long as you know what your doing and have gear

Quite true. Also having a good team helps when it comes to arena.
For the OP, I'm biased towards spriests (in terms of damage) just because I enjoy the toolkit in conjunction with execution skills and the occasional instant casts, thus providing a good level of damage. That said, mages are fairly powerful at the moment and tend to always be anyway.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Monk
Warrior or Mage are the best bet ... they are viewed by many devs as iconic classes and are never ignored for long when it comes to keeping them competitive in PvP. Plus they are both very fun to play in all types of PvP content.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
Rogue does the highest dps on short term damage, no one can beat rogues's dps in short term.

Rogues is pretty good for pvp.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
I usually top the my BG scoreboards in damage and kills. Many times I have 50% more than the number 2 person. If I am not the top, here are the classes that are over me in order from most to least.

Shadow Priests - I have seen the highest damage and kill numbers by shadow priests.

Another Hunter - Some are Beast Master some are Marks like me.

Death Knights - I haven taken the time to look at which spec, but I have seen many DKs rule the BG in kills and damage.

Mages - Nerfed or not, they are still able to bring the pain. However, I do not see them on top nearly as much as the other 3.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
11/08/2012 03:19 PMPosted by Hitthefloor
warlocks are fun, you will wipe the ground alot with your dead corpse, but you're capable of putting out tons of damage

We're also good at wiping the ground with the corpses of undergeared and bad players.

Against competent players, though, it's a different story.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
If you're talking TONS of dmg in a short time, it's a warlock, possibly a mage, or perhaps a boomkin with lucky RNG. But spriests put out some great sustained and are reeeally pliable when it comes to different comps, so I vote spriest.

For melee, people complain about warrior and feral burst. FDK has great sustained, hunter's not bad either.
Edited by Karnudge on 1/10/2013 3:20 AM PST
Reply Quote
shadowpriest overwhelming! (quote from the cheat code from starcraft "poweroverwhelming")
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
11/08/2012 05:29 PMPosted by Nagomalda
best dps in pvp is ele shaman.

But are soo damn squishy :/
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
Not sure as the only time I've PVPed this xpac was last week when I was forced to do it for the second legendary quest but spriests seem to be quite strong. I had one throw a shadow word: pain on me before dying and that one dot by itself did quite a bit of damage.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
ODG
I ran Nightmare of Shek'zeer last week with a Ret Pally that averaged 233k dps for the run. Nobody else got within 100k of that number, I didn't think that kind of dps was possible.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
01/14/2013 12:35 PMPosted by Torchhole
I ran Nightmare of Shek'zeer last week with a Ret Pally that averaged 233k dps for the run. Nobody else got within 100k of that number, I didn't think that kind of dps was possible.

Anything in that range of damage is posible if you have a good dmg and dps rating and know a good combo of attacks
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
Haha havn't seen a single person say dk as top dmg...I feel its a bit unfair that warriors can do so much more dmg in pve, and the two classes are so similar
Reply Quote
88 Blood Elf Hunter
do monks tear it up in bgs.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]