The Final Patrol ((OOC2))

90 Worgen Death Knight
The trouble is that there isn't really a thought process, as such. Not while he's Carnifex, at least. If any of you have read the Starfire series by David Weber and Steve White, Carnifex is sort of like the Arachnid Omnivoracity: he simply is. He's a set of action/reaction responses that are very good at imitating intelligence. Which means that the only times when I can write any differentiation between his various aspects are when they're separate, and right now I've really only worked through the personalities of Ein and Abaddon.

Also, each faction of entities is responsible for controlling a different aspect of Ein's abilities: Abaddon controls the runeblade summon and icebound fortitude/pillar of frost, another thing controls his anti-magic shell, another controls chains of ice, etc .etc.

This is honestly the first time I've ever tried writing a character like this, and I'm still "working out the kinks" as it were.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
I understand the "Carnifex Complex", if you will ;)

That makes sense to me. But, like you said, when his aspects are seperate is what I meant.
SEYL!!1! is that a "no" to my proposal? =(
I'd hate to see you go. . .

And did anyone see where War went off to? Some raid or something. . .
>.>
<.<
-.-
And for that matter, where did Istella go? =O
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
ok posted finally, decided to have Sam play dead until he decides whether he can trust the Horde or not. Also Gaream I don't know what you had in mind for getting Sam out, but I like Lynara's idea would be fun:P not telling what to do though, but yeah Sam is technically awake now:3
Reply Quote
Don't worry, I have a fun idea of my own, and invloving less bloodshead of people you are going to want alive later to fight the twilight forces lol

edit-it is up, hope sam is capable of moving now lol
Edited by Gaream on 12/4/2012 6:53 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
Sam is out of the Horde forces, but was ambushed, and his now collapsed on the side of the road, Lyn if you want to help Sam that would be wonderful:3 You can't miss him he has two arrows sticking out of his body:P
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
Lynara is doing her thing.
Reply Quote
95 Worgen Mage
That was pretty far from quality, but there ya go. The dragon distraction has been UNLEASHED.

Illusions, illusions everywhere!
Reply Quote
posted again (have a lot of time tonight lol). grats lynara, you have caused the commander to declare what amounts to open war against the patrol thanks to the death of two of his people.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Hunter
Jaggo.

Really you have no idea how much I am loving the shear ridiculousness of that illusion dragon! I even want to try drawing the blimmin' thing now xD
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Druid
R.L + raiding took up a lot of my time recently....

Once i can I will put a hyjal post up...

WTB free time again...... I swear R/l sucks... qqqqqqqqqqqq

./thud
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
Lynara Sam would be so touched that you came to rescue him... you know if he was concious:P

may get a post up soon we will see if I do it will most likely be a dream sequence, so not sure if I should:/
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
R.L + raiding took up a lot of my time recently....

Once i can I will put a hyjal post up...

WTB free time again...... I swear R/l sucks... qqqqqqqqqqqq

./thud

/hug
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
12/04/2012 10:37 PMPosted by Gaream
posted again (have a lot of time tonight lol). grats lynara, you have caused the commander to declare what amounts to open war against the patrol thanks to the death of two of his people.

Lynara don't care, the original goal was to sneak through the camp, probably kill a few more, then Sam has to go running off.

But yep can't change what she would do because of OOC knowledge.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
Also, the scout was outside the camp, and the grunt was patrolling the perimeter.
Reply Quote
well, sure, but the grunt was still in the camp, even if on the edge. he would have been found shortly after the commander finished. As for the scout, they would have searched for him after he failed to report in. In the intrest of letting the story flow, I kinda skiped over the few minutes it took to find them. Sorry. Reguardless of how long it took to find them, they would have been found, and the same result hapened, the commander decareing war on the patrol
Edited by Gaream on 12/5/2012 12:48 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
Go easy here Gaream, Meep is not here to mediate. I looked over the posts and I see no reason the Horde commander can't just accept it was an Alliance arrow. I doubt Lynara has specific markings to indicate it was from the patrol.

It does bring up a rather interesting tension, but no reason for the Horde to go barging in to attack the Patrol, who is actually attacking the Fortress. If we is smart he will sit back and wait until they are decimated by the Cultists. Why, if he cares for his men, would he risk them in an encounter already started?
Reply Quote
Well, maybe he wants to kill them himself? just sitting back and letting them get killed by someone else denys him the glory and honor of killing them himself. however, if eveyone agrees, I can scale it back some. Sorry.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warrior
Argh, I really wish I wasn't sick right now, or I'd actually want to write.

I should probably read the thread again though :(

[e]: Also Lynara might have special arrows depending on whether or not she's still got the ones Low made her from the first thread...LYNARA KNOWS WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT D:<
Edited by Lowmaine on 12/5/2012 2:49 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
Yeah, so they should look like more regular alliance arrows, with a three bladed head.

Made of starwood and hippogryph feathers. And of course Elementium heads.
Edited by Lynara on 12/5/2012 3:42 PM PST
Reply Quote
ah, this was something I was completly unaware of. my bad. I will edit in a bit, somewhat tied up at the moment
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]