@NC

90 Orc Shaman
Congrats on your exploited Amber-Shaper kill, you don't have a Mage in your group, and suddenly your Shaman can't raid, and you bring in someone from out of the guild to fill in. Just so happens that Mage does 224k dps on the boss and completely trivializes the hardest part of the fight(phase 2). You can try to sugarcoat all you want, but someone knew damn well what was going on and how to exploit it.

NC = Northrend Cheaters
Edited by Rise on 11/11/2012 9:07 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
Damn someone is butt hurt.

Not going to lie, it was pretty retarded dps, but when our shammy Skypes me from his phone saying his internet wont be on, I guess we should just not raid *edit* or look for a pug.

Either way, didn't think we had to go into classes when you are lucky enough to have a rogue for Garalon and such.

I respect Cryptic, and didn't know it had a big baby in its guild, getting on level 1 toons and wspering people.

Taking a quick look at world of logs, Mages are pulling around 500k so.............................Maybe bring your mage for that fight? /shrug. I really am just awe struck that you made a thread over a mage pulling half of what others are. I didn't make a thread when your rogue pulled 140k(compared to some 200k rogues) on garalon?

If you raid with Cryptic, I hope you don't get butt hurt if you are bottom dps and start saying how your guildies classes are OP.
Edited by Wickedsoul on 11/11/2012 9:16 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
Not butt hurt, but exploiting a boss is BS and you know it is. I'm the GM, I'm a healer, it's just funny knowing that you guys will be locked out of Terrace if you don't clear HoF, is a pretty big reason to exploit. I know you guys wouldn't kill it without the mage, but somehow you get lucky enough to have your mage basically do all the work for you nooobs.

Case in point:

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-uj9a0xmen3cex5a7/analyze/dd/source/?s=2984&e=3414&target=40
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
I don't get why you're comparing Garalon to this. We're not even talking about a dps comparison to others. Personally I never knew about how they had changed cleave mechanics not double dipping anymore so I'm not sure I would consider that an exploit.

Amber Shaper's bug on the other hand is pretty much an exploit. You had to intentionally know and use your combustion at the right time to do that much damage. Pretty sure we can all agree that that is an unintended mechanic.
Edited by Kanki on 11/11/2012 9:37 PM PST
Reply Quote
GM huh. Well, keep posting on lvl 85 alts.

Either way, I am looking at logs and the DPS like I said is pretty retarded. His Combustion alone had an avg DPS of 770k~. Either way, glad to know that you watch us so closely and want nothing but for us to succeed. /sarcasm.

Kinda scratching my head over the GM thing, but you can do me a favor and go on World of logs, go under the HoF dps for Amber, Look at every guild who has a fire mage ranking, and go create a lvl 1 toon so you can tell them how they are exploiting, and that they should sit their mage. K thanks.

And maybe we will get locked out of Terrace? We do have a raid night tomorrow, and hopefully our shammy is back(which I hope you dont mind) We can bring the mage with us if you want? Maybe he can do something cool with combustion again and carry us(is this what you want me to say?) Either way, there is an option to extend HoF so we can kill the last boss, and work on terrace but we shall cross that point later.

I do think you should get your mind off this subject though, it seems to have upset you a lot, considering none of us are even close to getting a realm first heroic kill.

Remember to wsp those fire mages for me though!
Reply Quote
11/11/2012 09:31 PMPosted by Kanki
You had to intentionally know and use your combustion at the right time to do that much damage.

Idk, you can wsp Taska if you want since he suggested Cuder to us, but then again he always suggests him if we are down a person. Ill have a talking to our shammy and tell him how much trouble he has caused us for using a replacement.

and again, had no idea fire mages did this. I stick to raid, and DK forums, and mmo champion hasnt said anything about it at all so..........................nope, didn't know about it.

Come on for real though. We PROLONGED phase 1 and sat there doing no dps about to the boss(world of logs it if you want) and just got a !@#$ ton of pools to be everywhere. Phase 2 went by fast cause the mage apparently, but do you really think we wouldnt have killed it without a mage? We had about like 15 pools sitting around when the boss died, so IDK what you want from us. Maybe blizz will take the kills away? I really dont care tbh, cause the fight isn't as hard as you seem to be thinking it is.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
You do realize that Rise is what everyone knows him as right? So him posting on that character shouldn't be a surprise.

Just because other mages are exploiting that mechanic you're saying it's ok for you to do it? Or maybe you care so much about logs as to want to get ranked with an exploit? It's not a fun competition if you cheat to kill encounters.

It's not that the fight is hard or not or whether you would've killed it with or without a mage, it's that you would even allow him to do that in the first place. Doesn't it seem a bit strange to you that any class would do such a massive amount of damage?
Edited by Kanki on 11/11/2012 9:47 PM PST
Reply Quote
11/11/2012 09:44 PMPosted by Kanki
is what everyone knows him

Kay, Ill ask in Alliance Trade and maybe they can tell me how dumb I am and How I should have known his main. My B.

11/11/2012 09:44 PMPosted by Kanki
Just because other mages are exploiting that mechanic you're saying it's ok for you to do it? Or maybe you care so much about logs as to want to get ranked with an exploit? It's not a fun competition if you cheat to kill encounters.

AND WOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW. No, that is not what I am saying at all. It is just like when Heroic Rag was out. You are aware no one killed him pre nerf at all right? Not one guild, and you know why? Because people werent supposed to be able to sit in a tri force position and make a lot less ppl take dmg. But after 2 weeks of guilds practicing it that way, blizz didnt fix the bug that allowed them to do that and made it stay that way.

The point of that story is because I am sure every guild ranked right now(top 10) has a mage/fire mage in their group, and since they dont post logs, I can bet some of them had some OP mage !@#$ going on for their kills. and again, I didnt even know mages where doing this %^-* on amber, we dont have one, so I dont follow mages. I stick to seeing the classes we have and how they can do better.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Just to make it clear many people still call me Rise still, Rise was my main for a couple years, so I'm sorry if I had my toon selected as Rise and not my monk whom is like 3 months old. Also played a Shaman in Vanilla so I'm sorry if I'm a bit partial to them as I have 3 of them.
Reply Quote
Oh it is the OP monk healer. K, sorry I did not know about your celebrity status and should have known you are Rise, Shammy of Cryptic, leader of the Horde, and guy who Cries in his Cheerios in the AM.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
How can you say you respect Cryptic and not know Rise was the GM of Cryptic?
Edited by Kanki on 11/11/2012 9:54 PM PST
Reply Quote
How can you say you respect Cryptic and not know Rise was the GM for Cryptic?

You respect Paragon? Respect any other top end guilds? Happen to know their alts and mains names? If you do, teach me your ways.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
And actually our priest is more op than that baddie.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
Honestly I don't respect any guild. What have they done to deserve respect?
Reply Quote
11/11/2012 09:57 PMPosted by Kanki
Honestly I don't respect any guild. What have they done to deserve respect?

Damn, don't even Respect the great guild Cryptic? Boot her I say!

Either way, this isn't fun anymore since we stopped posting walls of text and mine was thrown to the way side.
Edited by Wickedsoul on 11/11/2012 10:00 PM PST
Reply Quote
http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/1223958-Insane-Combustion-damage-on-Amber-Shaper-Un-sok

Found a recent forums about it. I am sure you can go talk to them about your problems and go on a riot or something, or w/e the !@#$ you wanna do. Just dont get arrested, your guild needs you.
Reply Quote
!@#$%es be mad i do 230k dps, dont get too butthurt over it.. ;) xoxo
Reply Quote
Cuder, some mages did like 500k bruv, get on their exploit level.
Reply Quote
i mean if i knew about the exploit maybe i would try and build an actual ignite on him, maybe next week though
Reply Quote
MAN YOU AINT INVITED NEXT WEEK, YOU SEE WHAT YOU CAUSED!? YOU ARE MAKING RISE LOSE SLEEP OVER THIS.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]