Why PvP Servers are the best!

94 Human Warlock
Vex
I logged in today thinking, "Hey, I think today I'm gonna pick those scallions that Jogu was talking about."

WRONG.

Before I could see what was happening, I heard my pet whirlwinding about and when the game actually loaded I was at 10% HP!

I scrambled to make sense of wtf had happened, as I have a tendency to log out in more than compromising situations, especially when alcohol has been added to the mix, but I soon realized I was just getting attacked by a fellow player, one with some most sinister intentions, as he seemed very determined to kill me.

Needless to say, the fight ended poorly for me, and although I did get a bountiful harvest from Jogu's recommendations, I would caution wary travelers to watch out for Barbeaubot and his gang of misfits who seem content killing people in what I see as the most efficient means of world HKs possible.

War brings out the genius in everyone.

edit: Barbeaubot informed me he acted alone. I saw many red nameplates briefly before my quick death, so I can only assume those were simply bystanders enjoying the "fight". I apologize for the misunderstanding, and for implying that Barbeaubot's glorious kill required the help of others, which he made clear did not.
Edited by Partydown on 11/13/2012 12:35 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Orc Death Knight
While reading this I wasn't sure if you were actually going to throw my name in there or not. I'm glad you did.

First off, let me just say that writing an angry thread and trying to mask it with sarcasm/light facetiousness never works well for anyone. It's never well-received by the reader, and it just makes you look like a whiny baby who didn't know how to approach the subject they're trying to cast in a negative light.

Second, it's a PVP server, what do you expect? Whining isn't going to help anything. Don't like it? Don't log out in an inn that I've been slaying people at since I noticed there were no guards at months ago.

Did you notice how I said "I"? Your little "gang of misfits" claim is untrue. I don't want or need a group of people to kill others at Halfhill. Know what else? I don't whine about it when I get killed by a group of people there, or get killed by the guards, or when people manage to get away into their farm. I suggest you try the same. Or maybe you should spam Blizzard with tickets about your unhappiness with the current town guard situation regarding the inn. If you don't want to do that, there are plenty of dead PVE servers you could transfer to if you don't like what's happening on this one.

Honestly, what did you think would come of making a thread like this? A bunch of people from both factions rising up to say "Yeah! You're right! That Barbeaubot and its D-cups of Justice are a bad influence on the server! Gosh, world PVP on a PVP server just shouldn't happen unless both sides are prepared and ready to fight!"?

You know, when you CAN actually pick your battles (unlike when I ran your face into the dirt), you should definitely think a little harder about the ones you choose to take part in. You certainly didn't win this one, either.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
I don't get playing on a pvp server, and then complaining about getting killed.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warrior
Barbeaubot, Mayor of Rudetown
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
Also, if 3B does form a gang of misfits.

Dibs on Misfit #1.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Death Knight
I'm more of a flunky or crony kind of guy myself.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
Im not going to say much here, so all im going to say is this.

PvP or PvE, try earning your HKs.

That is all.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Death Knight
Im not going to say much here, so all im going to say is this.

That is all.

I do earn my HKs. I kill people by myself, without bias, in PVP zones (wow, you mean PVP happens in contested zones?), and 90% of the time they just run away in Halfhill, like you did earlier.

That is all.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman

Farming BGs doesn't earn you a high horse anymore.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Monk
11/13/2012 04:40 AMPosted by Catparty
Farming BGs doesn't earn you a high horse anymore.

Even back in the day, there was quite a handful of "special" Grand Marshals.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
I'm pretty upset I wasn't involved in this PvP.
Reply Quote
94 Human Warlock
Vex
11/13/2012 12:14 AMPosted by Barbeaubot
Honestly, what did you think would come of making a thread like this?

That you and others would respond and give my boring work day some excitement, and breathe some air into the dying forum that is known as Thunderlord.

If you genuinely think I am upset, I don't think there is anything I can say to change your opinion of that. The reality is I like to have fun with this game, despite the fact I dislike and probably will never like many aspects of PvP. You seem to think that me telling an anecdote about my hilariously pathetic PvP skills equates to me being upset about getting killed 1 time about 3 steps from a graveyard.

I never implied you were at fault, in fact I even applauded your clever use of the system. I have been on this server since vanilla, and as such, have amassed quite the alt army, so the idea of leaving for PvE server pastures isn't really feasible economically ($250 in xfer fees) nor is re-leveling 10 alts with max professions. As much as I hate PvP, all my alts and friends play here, so I'm trying to make the best of a bad situation.

PS - you've killed me many times before while doing my GL dailies, often in equally compromising situations. This particular death legitimately surprised the !@#$ out of me since I had just gotten home from the bar and all I wanted to do was gather my crops and go to bed. To be fair though, I did use your strategy and managed to kill an unsuspecting orc before I left for the night.

I think, maybe, you are more upset about this post than I ever wasn't mad about getting killed in a video game.
Reply Quote
94 Human Warlock
Vex
Also - call me a huge RP nerd, but I rolled on a PvP server (and have stayed, even after hating PvP) because it brings a real sense of danger that I didn't experience on a PvE server. Something about the idea that I can get killed during or doing nearly anything may seem like a nightmare to most, but to me it adds a little excitement to what otherwise equates to a mindless daily grind.

And even though I am terrible, I like the idea of fighting till my last breath, even if that breath only lasts a second or 2 after logging into the game.

/hugs
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
TL;DR version: I got killed on a PvP server and now i'm mad so i'll just !@#$% and ^-*!@ on the forums.

Do enjoy threads like these though, makes things on Tlord ever so slightly more exciting.
Reply Quote
94 Human Warlock
Vex
You guys are adorable with all your assumptions :)
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
I get what you are saying. I'm not a big pvp'er at all, but I still enjoy the fun it brings to the game.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
I get what you are saying. I'm not a big pvp'er at all, but I still enjoy the fun it brings to the game.
Reply Quote
94 Human Warlock
Vex
There's a glitch in the matrix!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]