Sick of Blizz Lies about hearing feedback

90 Blood Elf Paladin
11/13/2012 12:30 PMPosted by Seebach
So what is the purpose of VP then?

With 5.1, it will be useable to upgrade items as well. I think more or less this is what they are trying to do to make vp and jp by extension more flexible.

It was mostly rethorical -- now consider that I've capped VP every week since I turned 90 (which was like 4 days after release) -- if it wasnt for the fact that I've been doing dailies in order to get reputation, in order to get spend VP on, i woulda have capped halfway thru october with nothing to spend it on if all I had done was heroics/scenarios/lfr/raids -- why? because you need reputation in order to buy gear!
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
I'm not buying another blizzard game after this. I got a refund from D3 cause it was awful, I should also note.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
We all know D3 was terrible.

And we still don't have Fishing Tournaments back, that's a big kick in the nuts for some of us.
Edited by Cloudzen on 11/13/2012 12:37 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Priest
11/13/2012 12:27 PMPosted by Llamasham
Dailies aren't needed for enchants.

yes, they are. Dailys suck, and they are shoved down our throat.

Here, blizz, i just wrote your script for the next 3 xpacs quest lines...kill 10 of these, collect 6 of them, and find one item with a low drop rate.

Pay me :)
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
Hmm, once you are fully 489+ geared, the only thing left to spend VP on are gear item level upgrades. This is actually a very good way to do things.

If you can't get a decent drop at least you can upgrade what you already have. But as Satella (Satellizer) pointed out in the post above, what do we spend our VP on in the mean time? The cap should be raised until we can actually find something to spend VP on.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
11/13/2012 12:36 PMPosted by Zefrum
yes, they are

Nope. You can get an enchanter to make you the enchants you need, ALL WITHOUT HAVING ANY REP! :O
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
11/13/2012 12:33 PMPosted by Cloudzen
And we know how Alt-friendly Pandaria is.

The thought of unlocking all the valor vendors in my DK and Shaman is enough to make me cringe.
Reply Quote
11/13/2012 09:47 AMPosted by Zaxan
I have one question: Where's the proof?
You want proof they sit and read what you type?

What do you want, a video of them reading the forums?

LoL
Reply Quote
That's fairly rude and unbecoming of someone who is in the position you are in, Dax.

Treating people like an animal by saying, "No! Bad!" and then rubbing their nose in it for jumping the gun is definately not what you should have done. Rather, you should have POLITELY STATED the incorrectness of it and moved on.

In this case, both parties here made an error in judgment. Shame to both of you.

It was a tongue in cheek post, though I've re-read it and I still don't find it particularly offensive. Agree to disagree?

This is an interesting example of dissonance in the style of communication that the community wants though. There's a segment of the community that would prefer nothing but perfectly polite, all-the-sharp-edges-grinded-off kind of customer service speak. Meanwhile, there were many players in this thread requesting 'bluntness'--some specifically to the point of rudeness. I think I usually tend somewhere in the middle, with a touch of humor thrown in now and then.

It's your right to disagree, I call it like I see it. I feel that as a person of higher power, such as yourself, wouldn't have to stoop yourself to a level akin to your average upset forum goer.

If I had your power, I definately wouldn't send a message that it is okay for those with power can verbally abuse the forum goer, and would strive to make myself better, since I am above those without the power.

I realize that you can't say certain things about the game, but I also realize that there are certain things you just shouldnt' say.

Again, debasement of others should never be considered a form of comedy. Tongue in Cheek is subjective at best, and remember that when that tongue is in the cheek, and you talk, you have a good chance of biting it.

This said, I'm not you, but I definately hold you in higher regard than I do other forum posters because of what you represent.

Today, you've represented yourself as someone that I really don't have respect for, and by attachment, respect for blizzard as a whole has been lost because you decided to go for the "tongue and cheek" response, rather than be the bigger man, the better man, and correct him in a more becoming fashion.

I'll take bluntness, but I'll definately not have it with a side of crass.

But then, I suppose degradation is the common forum speak isn't it?
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
11/13/2012 10:35 AMPosted by Daxxarri
I have one question: Where's the proof?

The OP has a point.. They did specifically say that they felt it was too much for players to feel that they had to grind reputations for head and shoulder enchants and then they turn around and put the enchants for other slots behind reputations.

Not really. They're different things. The enchantments were absolutely, without-question mandatory, because there was no other way to obtain those particular power increases no matter what else you did in the game.

The current dailies might feel that mandatory to some particularly progression focused players, but it is entirely possible to skip them, and the gear they provide, pretty much entirely and still arrive at the same level of character potency.

Shoulder enchants and gear might not be the same, but the item level upgrades connected to VP are. You will be forced to do all types of things you may not want to to get the best gear possible since the best gear possible is tied to grinding VP.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Hunter

Are you really complaining about getting really good items through dailies. Dailies that aren't mandatory? Dailies that give you gold, and lore, and keep you busy and finally give you something to do while doing Archy, Gathering, Bg's, dungeons, LFR, or alone time with your hand? Are you trolling?

Some of us don't gather, aren't fond of nested RNG, pvp with premades, run randoms and LFR with friends and get instant queues. Just for the record.
innocentface.jpg
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warrior
11/13/2012 12:27 PMPosted by Bluêmoon

You'll have to wait until you have earned rep with those various factions in order to spend the VP.

Eh? Shadopan took a day or so to get honored... after doing the initial quests there. It was awesome fast. 90 coins a week... thats enough to get to honored with most factions you need for gear. Seriously. Very easily. Rings from golden lotus? You should be easily able to get something.

Already got a ring with GL. My problem stems from the fact that my biggest upgrades for VP are revered with Shado-Pan and August Celestials, and I am prolly 3 days straight of GL dailies away from actually start on them...
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
Eh, people will always take the path of least resistance. In this case, it's Heroic dungeons because they are ridiculously easy. I'm betting if they were as hard as Cata heroics were at release, people would be asking for more benefits from dailies (Yeah, you could run with guildies but guildies aren't always around).

If Blizzard said they were thinking of a change where you could just run one Heroic per week and get full Valor capped and 10k rep for each faction, I'm betting a lot of people would go for it.

Path of least resistance.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
The current dailies might feel that mandatory to some particularly progression focused players, but it is entirely possible to skip them, and the gear they provide, pretty much entirely and still arrive at the same level of character potency.

You mind giving an example of this alternative route? Because... I don't see it.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Mage

you could raid..
He could. And could wind up being where I am -- no kills. Or, no loot. Having to get lucky from a Normal Mode raid to qualify for LFR just seems backwards, doesn't it?

Everyone talks about dailies being optional, but for those of us actually skipping them, it's pretty rough. Moreover, even from Blizzard's perspective, this design puts a lot of stress on the RNG, the itemization team to ensure there are very few holes, and the small segments of the endgame that don't reward Valor since that's a useless currency for daily-less folks.

I think the question that really remains and is the key issue is this -- what is the real cost/drawback of removing rep from Valor gear? Measure that against all this angst. This problem is screaming for a cost-benefit analysis. If Blizzard has already done so, then perhaps they could share the results so at least we can understand.

I'd love to raid, but I don't have the time any longer to dedicate to a regular raiding guild. My game time comes in fits and spurts, not on a metered schedule. This hasn't been a problem up until now as I could always (slowly) make SOME progress by doing dungeons - and later LFR.

To me, the really bizarre thing is that gear progression in this expansion looks like this:

JP (458)
Heroics (463)
MSV LFR (476) = Crafted (476)
HoF/ToES LFR (483)
MSV N (489) = Dailies (489)
HoF/ToES N (496)
MSV H (502)
HoF/ToES H (509)

How did dailies end up on par with regular raiding?!
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Priest
If i want the best enchanting recipies, i must grind rep on my enchenter alt.
Not an option, the dailys are not fun once, let alone twice.

So..one less person doing enchenting on my server, when you pay top dollar for a chant towards end game mop, remember how many of us with alts with 600 pro's have been effectively cut out of the market by poor/zero foresight.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]