Sick of Blizz Lies about hearing feedback

90 Undead Rogue
11/13/2012 12:15 PMPosted by Wasabisauce
Meanwhile, there were many players in this thread requesting 'bluntness'--some specifically to the point of rudeness.

I am with this crowd.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Ive been playing for a while now; if you have cogshanks you can see all the toons I've leveled passed 85. That being said,I have no interest in doing dailies. I did all the Isle of Quel'danas ones, in wrath id id all the argent tourney dailies and a big portion of the molten front dailies.

As I hear people in my guild vent, they are just burning out of these dailies quickly, I haven't done them much, but, the biggest complaint has been the Golden Lotus dailies. After hearing all the grumbling from players that I have played with for many years now, I'm not sure I'm even gonna start them.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
I think it should also be noted that much of the outcry against dailies and other things that people perceive as grinds is on the wow forums; something that I can't help but suspect represents only a very small percentage of the total WoW population. People who post on the forums seem to think that ALL of the data that blizzard gathers comes from these threads. That's far from true...the game itself provides the developers with a massive amount of information on what aspects are being used and at what frequency.

It's unfortunate that people get into their minds that they have to do every daily, every day because they feel that they need to have the gear, the mounts, the enchants, everything, instantly. I doubt that this was blizzards design intent. As it stands, there are only two reps at one time that grant gear as rewards. Klaxxi and golden lotus were the first two and, assuming that you did all of the offered klaxxi and golden lotus dailies every day, then the next two would open up; Shado-pan and August Celestials. You might think "But i still have to do golden lotus dailies" since the next series opens up at revered; however, if you're doing those two sets of dailies for gear there's not reason to raise lotus rep to exalted...unless you really, really, really, really, want the mount. Getting to exalted could wait until later, when you're waiting for the new reps to be released or even farther down the line when you're waiting for new content to be released at the end of the tier. Since the other reps (with the valid argument that tillers might be important since you can grow motes noted), reward purely cosmetic things they too could wait until later.

Seen in that light, Blizzard did exactly what they promised to do: they threw a crap ton of stuff into the game and made it a process to get. At the same time though, by doing that, it seems that the "ranking mentality" that sweeps MMOs become more apparent than ever as people start to get burnt out from trying to do everything at once. That mentality is not something Blizzard can change easily, if at all. The small but vocal portion of the population that tries to do everything at once, both resent every minute of it and feels that they're doing too much for too little reward. That's a shame, in my opinion, since it's started to cause a much wider group of people to view good design in bad light.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
11/13/2012 09:43 AMPosted by Erras
The fact that Cata was the way it was proves they listened to us. And it ended up being terrible (for a lot of people, at least). I've come to realize that the less they listen to us, the better the game will be.

That is probably true of 99% of businesses. If you wanted to be generous, you could say that it is because customers are not privy to many factors that go into making business decisions. If you wanted to be less generous then it is because many customers are completely brain dead.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Death Knight
UE
11/13/2012 12:44 PMPosted by Cloudzen
The current dailies might feel that mandatory to some particularly progression focused players, but it is entirely possible to skip them, and the gear they provide, pretty much entirely and still arrive at the same level of character potency.

You mind giving an example of this alternative route? Because... I don't see it.
Raid with your guild.
Reply Quote
" In Mists, you can skip rep gear, and move on to better gear, and never miss the reputations you didn't earn in the long run."

Can I please have the roll hack you are using to skip dailies to gear up? in the past 3 weeks I have gotten two drops in lfr (both the same item) and zero from Sha of anger,even though I have had 30 chances at gear (21 from bosses + 9 elder charms).

So, basically unless you have tons of gold or the RNG gods like you, you are forced to do dailies.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
HURRRRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY UPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP ALREADYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply Quote
98 Goblin Hunter
If i want the best enchanting recipies, i must grind rep on my enchenter alt.
Not an option, the dailys are not fun once, let alone twice.

So..one less person doing enchenting on my server, when you pay top dollar for a chant towards end game mop, remember how many of us with alts with 600 pro's have been effectively cut out of the market by poor/zero foresight.

If you want the pattern, suck it up and do the dailies. You're basically putting free money in your pocket. Just because you can't buy your rep with gold or do it in a single day, doesn't mean it isnt worth your time.

I don't LIKE or ENJOY them on my alts either. Either start stocking up on Peace Pipes (lol 21 weeks) or start doing dailies.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Hunter
" In Mists, you can skip rep gear, and move on to better gear, and never miss the reputations you didn't earn in the long run."

Can I please have the roll hack you are using to skip dailies to gear up? in the past 3 weeks I have gotten two drops in lfr (both the same item) and zero from Sha of anger,even though I have had 30 chances at gear (21 from bosses + 9 elder charms).

So, basically unless you have tons of gold or the RNG gods like you, you are forced to do dailies.
um, you not wanting to wait for gear to drop from raiding doesn't mean you were forced to do dailies... lol
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
In reality these forums represent less than 1% of the community and blizzard has publicly stated that they don't consider the people on the forums "the voice of the player base"

For which I thank Odin on a daily basis.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Death Knight
UE

Gear up for what? Are you saying your character won't have an average item level of 489-496 before the next raid patch happens?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
I have one question: Where's the proof?

The OP has a point.. They did specifically say that they felt it was too much for players to feel that they had to grind reputations for head and shoulder enchants and then they turn around and put the enchants for other slots behind reputations.

Not really. They're different things. The enchantments were absolutely, without-question mandatory, because there was no other way to obtain those particular power increases no matter what else you did in the game.

The current dailies might feel that mandatory to some particularly progression focused players, but it is entirely possible to skip them, and the gear they provide, pretty much entirely and still arrive at the same level of character potency.

No doubt someone will mention profession recipes. Profession recipes have virtually always required some hoop jumping - ranging from RNG raid drops to rep grinds; the best recipes have always required a little something extra.

I have one question: Where's the proof?

I'm not interested in citing the entire massive list directly, but World of Warcraft has a long history of adjustments in response to player feedback. A couple simple recent examples would be raising the Arena and Rated Battleground base point caps or the upcoming changes to the way that Pandaria faction reputation is gained by alternate characters on an account.

When something you feel strongly about hasn't been changed, that doesn't mean that we've dismissed feedback. In fact, sometimes we really like a suggestion, but implementing it doesn't quite fit into the schedule yet, or there are technical or design reasons why it doesn't fit into the game yet. Sometimes, we want to wait til we can implement a more elegant solution. And, of course, sometimes we simply disagree that a particular change is the right course for the game. Nonetheless, in none of these cases is feedback dismissed - it was still taken into account during the decision making process.

I have to agree with the blue here. Blizzard does indeed respond to player feedback. They have done so in the past and recently with the scenario system revamp. And that's coming from a player that does recognize Blizzard lies and doesn't agree with the Blizzard moderators often. In fact, I think Blizzard responds to the feedback a little too often. Course responding to feedback is a good thing, but not all feedback should be taken seriously unless it's too popular to ignore or a glitch/bug report.

Btw still waiting on Blizzard to fix D3 and SC2 =/. Hope this upcoming SC2 expansion does the trick ><.
Edited by Rehtu on 11/13/2012 12:52 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warlock
11/13/2012 12:44 PMPosted by Cloudzen

You mind giving an example of this alternative route? Because... I don't see it.

Sure: regular dungeons > heroic dungeons > normal MSV (supplemented with MSV and HoF LFR gear) > heroic MSV/normal HoF > etc.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Honestly I dont care about it all, however I would be tickled if they would redo the older races avatars :) :) I want a chunky belf babeh mwa ha ha
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
11/13/2012 12:45 PMPosted by Zefrum
So..one less person doing enchenting on my server, when you pay top dollar for a chant towards end game mop, remember how many of us with alts with 600 pro's have been effectively cut out of the market by poor/zero foresight.

And I'm sure the enchanters that have less competition because of this are very, very happy. There's no point whatsoever in a system that just gives everyone every possible recipe. This makes those particular enchants far more exclusive. It's no different to having them as raid drops, except perhaps that it makes it possible for anyone to get them if they decide to put the time in, and removes the reliance on RNG, and.. .come to think of it, it's a far better system than making them raid drops.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Warlock
11/13/2012 12:35 PMPosted by Badbromance
I'm not buying another blizzard game after this. I got a refund from D3 cause it was awful, I should also note.

Sorry to hear that. Can I have your gold before you go?
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Priest
11/13/2012 12:49 PMPosted by Cantfocus
If you want the pattern, suck it up and do the dailies.

Life is to short.

I also have an alt with jc, so the panther mounts i can never have without rep either. Shall i grind to exs on a third toon? ugh

I really love blizz and there games but i dont think they really thought this through very well.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]