Sick of Blizz Lies about hearing feedback

90 Blood Elf Mage
So... Thank you Blizzard for making it so that I am only able to enjoy one class this expansion. Thank you Blizzard for making it so that people can only able to raid with one toon per week as there has not been enough time to level up and gear up alts.

Huh? I went into LFR with maybe 1 piece of valor gear from Klaxxi...which you can buy (rep wise) just by finishing the quest chain in Dread Wastes. Valor gear is not preventing people from raiding, or getting gear. Between dungeons, scenarios, and crafted gear it takes no time at all to be 460 and good to go. When we are talking 1.5-2 years in the lifetime of an expansion, its a gross understatement to say that 1-2 days of 'work' on an alt is preventing you from playing more than 1 toon...
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest

Sure, you could skip dailies completely -- and you'd be left with exactly what to do ingame?

There's no depth to this expansion at all. It's dailies or nothing.
Raid with guild, do lfr, dungeons, scenarios, pet battles, arena, random battlegrounds, rated battlegrounds, world pvp, fish, farm for something, level an alt, or run old content for xmog. I apologize if i left anything out.

You forgot "work on the more obscure and challenging achievements" and "challenge mode dungeons".

Other than that ./highfive
Edited by Tinymanz on 11/13/2012 1:29 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
When most pugs and raid teams are currently 4/6, and typically asking for at least 475+ i-level. Tell me, how long do you think it will take someone, with no vp gear from dailies, to actually reach that level?

Again, the argument is similar to saying you don't money to live. That's true - but boy, it sure makes things easier! People telling raiders they don't need to do dailies is like telling people you don't need money to live.
No, it's like telling you that you don't need a second job to buy that sports car you don't need.

If they can't find a guild that will take them, start a guild and find people with similar gear. I doubt he is the only player on that server with his item level.

PuGs try to minimise their fails and some times get unrealistic requirements, requiring 475+ ilvl to do MV is their way to try to get ppl that cleared it already and can carry everyone.

if you have around 460~465 ilvl you can do MV just fine, not facerolling but fine, you need to get a decent group, know the fights, work good together and play your class good and you will progress just fine.

still need more upgrades to make things easier? keep doing LFR and soon enough you will be 475+ ilvl without a problem. if even then you cant clear MV normal then the problem is not in the game.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Suggestion for daily solution:

For those that enjoy dailies and grinding out the reputation:
1) Remove the VP gain from the daily quests but keep the coins in order to purchase 463 gear.
2) Make it so that the currency for the factions is the coins.

For those that enjoy dungeon grinding:
1) Make is so there is a vendor that you DO NOT need reputation for that you can use JP/VP to buy other 463 gear that you have not been fortunate enough to see drop in dungeons/raids.

You will need to make it so that the cap for the coins is similar to the cap for JP/VP. I believe that this will help to solve some of the issues and complaints focused towards dungeons, dailies, gearing, and alts.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
CRZ needs revamping and I hope Blizz is working on it.

But dailies are fine. It gives you something to do if you actually care about your character. If you don't care about it, then don't do the dailies. Dailies are a nice way to pad the gap between the determined and the lazy. The Hardcore crowd is always asking for ways to increase this gap.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
All in all I suspect there will be a great deal less complaining about dailies once the raid content gets nerfed in the progressive stages that they were talking about. Once the fights start to become less demanding of awareness, attention and research PuGs will have greater success and people will have more access to gear.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
1) Remove the VP gain from the daily quests but keep the coins in order to purchase 463 gear.

1) Make is so there is a vendor that you DO NOT need reputation for that you can use JP/VP to buy other 463 gear that you have not been fortunate enough to see drop in dungeons/raids.

So, you think the solution is to give players multiple avenues of loot at the same time? Unless they halved the Valor cap and made the rep items cost a lot of coins, then this wouldn't be a good solution. The pacing of gear is fine.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
UE
No, it's like telling you that you don't need a second job to buy that sports car you don't need.

If they can't find a guild that will take them, start a guild and find people with similar gear. I doubt he is the only player on that server with his item level.

PuGs try to minimise their fails and some times get unrealistic requirements, requiring 475+ ilvl to do MV is their way to try to get ppl that cleared it already and can carry everyone.

if you have around 460~465 ilvl you can do MV just fine, not facerolling but fine, you need to get a decent group, know the fights, work good together and play your class good and you will progress just fine.

still need more upgrades to make things easier? keep doing LFR and soon enough you will be 475+ ilvl without a problem. if even then you cant clear MV normal then the problem is not in the game.
Making something easier is different than not having money to live. Like you posted, you can live/raid just fine with dungeon level gear. That's the only thing that is required.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter

Making something easier is different than not having money to live. Like you posted, you can live/raid just fine with dungeon level gear. That's the only thing that is required.
if you cant tell i agree with you =P i was just elaborating more on the answer to the guy you quoted since it was easier then finding his post and replying directly
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest

So, you think the solution is to give players multiple avenues of loot at the same time? Unless they halved the Valor cap and made the rep items cost a lot of coins, then this wouldn't be a good solution. The pacing of gear is fine.

There currently are a PLETHORA of avenues to and ways to get gear. However, the primary one, raiding and rated battle grounds, require a certain amount of effort beyond what people normally associate with video games. The primary avenues of getting the best gear and the gear that we all want remain true to the fundamental aspect of an MMO -- working with other people. This can be problematic for a people who expect MMOs to be a single player RPG with the OPTION to work with other people. MMO's are designed in reverse: the intent is that you'll work with other people with the OPTION to go off on your own.
Edited by Tinymanz on 11/13/2012 1:37 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
11/13/2012 01:28 PMPosted by Anastrasza
So... Thank you Blizzard for making it so that I am only able to enjoy one class this expansion. Thank you Blizzard for making it so that people can only able to raid with one toon per week as there has not been enough time to level up and gear up alts.

Huh? I went into LFR with maybe 1 piece of valor gear from Klaxxi...which you can buy (rep wise) just by finishing the quest chain in Dread Wastes. Valor gear is not preventing people from raiding, or getting gear. Between dungeons, scenarios, and crafted gear it takes no time at all to be 460 and good to go. When we are talking 1.5-2 years in the lifetime of an expansion, its a gross understatement to say that 1-2 days of 'work' on an alt is preventing you from playing more than 1 toon...

Okay, so you quested to lvl up. What about those that did dungeons or pvp to level up and now decide they would like to raid. Those people are starting with ZERO reputation with Klaxxi and are UNABLE to do ANY of the daily quests to start gaining reputation with them. If it did take "1-2 days of 'work'" as you so suggest, then there wouldn't be people out there that are still having issues getting into LFR (for clarification here, I'm talking about those people who work 40+ hours per week, have a spouse and/or children they spend time with, are in a progression-minded raid group, AND are wanting to gear up alts, all while getting the highly-recommended 6-8 hours of sleep a night.).
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
Nice more BS damage control..

Lay off the damage control.

We know why the developers locked content behind daily grinds; because they learned from CATA's loss of subs how to keep players hooked for prolonged periods or committed.

Result is the daily system you are using now, so please stop lying to us; your systems are based on maximizing sub profits and not designed to be fun.

Why do many blue posts mention 'as the panderian say take it slow' your own CS team is telling us to play slowly. How much clearer can you make it to us.... you are GREEDY.

GREED is what ruined call of duty and GREED is what is destroying WOW.
GREED is what ruined Diablo 3, anyone whose been here long enough realizes this.

Blizzard since selling out and merging now have become a profit oriented company; video games were art before this and now are cash machines to keep your stockholders happy.

Just stop the damage control and stop your obvious GREED.
Its only shooting your company in the foot by lying to us with your PR damage control bullocks blue posts.

You keep talking about "GREED." What are you playing? A pick-up-and-play first person shooter game or a casual mobile phone game? Or are you playing an RPG, a game where you slowly build your character and then pit it against strong enemies?

MMORPGs aren't mean to be sped through. You are SUPPOSED to spend lots of time playing it. You are SUPPOSED to show determination, effort, and skill. You are SUPPOSED to dump loads of time into it. People with more time will surpass you. If the game were ever designed so that a casual could keep up with a hardcore player, then and only then would the game be broken.

Cata made a mistake. When they made Cata, they tried to make the game easier. Casuals were able to complete content quickly and hardcore players were left with nothing to do. The game ran out content quickly because they tried it your way. Your way doesn't work. Its not just about them making money. It's about them making a game that we can actually enjoy long enough for content to keep being released.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
11/13/2012 01:33 PMPosted by Idiotspoon
So what's your excuse for my rotation on my rogue being virtually unchanged since BC?

That perhaps you play your rogue the exact same way since BC?
Reply Quote
UE
if you cant tell i agree with you =P i was just elaborating more on the answer to the guy you quoted since it was easier then finding his post and replying directly
Yah I saw, you just gave me a chance to elaborate too.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
check out my armory... im full pvp geared - gemmed enchanted, i even have my cooking up to like 575 or somthing like that. i think it was my 50 dailys completed yesterday? its a acheivement... in 2 years of playing... i got my 50 daily acheivement.

do i feel obligated to do dailys at all? probably not. am i enjoying the content? leveling professions? most likely yes. whoever feels the NEED (need is somthing u need to do like eat - sleep - breath) who ever feels the NEED to do dailys - id reccomend either the bar or a hospital. take ur pick

im so sick of ppl screaming need about dailys its not even funny.

*edit* i was wrong about my 50 daily acheives time.... i accually did 50 dailys on 2/__/2012. but it has been 8 months and i still have not hit 200 daily acheive. and btw - i play wow about 10 hours a day? give or take. - stay at home dad - p.s. - i still have not run out of content to play in wow - 10 hours a day - 5 days a week - constantly playing not sitting in sw trollin like u. if u cant find content outside dailys - its cus ur stupid?
Edited by Anrazio on 11/13/2012 1:47 PM PST
Reply Quote
You know what? I HATED with the passion of a thousand burning suns the new CRZ. I was ready to quit. I hated being on a weird server that wasn't "mine", I hated the rude people I would run into in the old worlds, I hated the competition...to be honest I hated absolutely EVERYTHING that the CRZ represented. I felt like I was an intruder on someone else's realm or that they were intruding on mine. I staying in Pandaria exclusively.

Then I started doing rated battlegrounds with my guild. And we were having some trouble filling in the entire group. So my guildies started asking in gen chat outside Orgrimmar. And we got some awesome people to join that are from another server with similar issues to ours when it came to full PvP groups. After this I have started seeing the potential CRZ has. I have met some really cool people who aren't so different because they are on another server. My only complaints are the transitions at this point. And that hopefully can be improved.

'
'

Thank you for a very constructive pro-CRZ post. Even though I still want CRZ to die, I really appreciate players who can give legitimately good, constructively written reasons to keep it.

I think that that particular issue could be solved another way, however, without needing CRZ. But glad you're getting some benefit from it. :)
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
11/13/2012 01:36 PMPosted by Tinymanz
There currently are a PLETHORA of avenues to and ways to get gear.

There actually aren't many avenues of getting gear. Random drops, Valor, or Honor/Conquest.

However, the primary one, raiding and rated battle grounds, require a certain amount of effort beyond what people normally associate with video games. The primary avenues of getting the best gear and the gear that we all want remain true to the fundamental aspect of an MMO -- working with other people. This can be problematic for a people who expect MMOs to be a single player RPG with the OPTION to work with other people. MMO's are designed in reverse: the intent is that you'll work with other people with the OPTION to go off on your own.

So, it is your opinion that you should not only be able to get gear, but the BEST gear without being able to coordinate with others... in an MMO.

It doesn't matter what people associate with video games. It matters what people associate with MMOs. MMOs aren't built for the lazy. If you want your character to be strong, you have to work for it.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]