Sick of Blizz Lies about hearing feedback

90 Pandaren Monk
11/13/2012 01:30 PMPosted by Koviko
CRZ needs revamping and I hope Blizz is working on it.
Suggesting how to improve the system is fine. Expecting Blizz fix the bugs is fine. It's the people demanding there be an opt-out, or the entire feature be scrapped that are being unreasonable.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
11/13/2012 01:22 PMPosted by Act
The current dailies might feel that mandatory to some particularly progression focused players, but it is entirely possible to skip them, and the gear they provide, pretty much entirely and still arrive at the same level of character potency.

Sure, you could skip dailies completely -- and you'd be left with exactly what to do ingame?

There's no depth to this expansion at all. It's dailies or nothing.

Another useless post. What, will you suggest takes the place of dailies? Grind mobs for resistances gear to provide longevity? A content block has always meant to last at least 4-5 months of entertainment.

This means giving players things to do when they log in, pray tell what else can Blizzard implement that you have not yet dismiss as "not interested"? You certainly didn't list BG, Arena, Pet Battles, alts, archaeology, dungeon runs, LFR, raids. The entitled bunch of whiners have dismissed any and everything as not interested, not fun if it does not provide almost immediate increase in power.

MMO has always been and always will be a grind game, the amount of whining and the massive nit-picking of any blue post is disgusting. This is not feedback, this is some sort of agenda to force Blizzard to change the direction of the game yet AGAIN like the great cataclysm dungeon nerfs.

I sincerely hope Blizzard stays strong and not bend over backwards for these whiners, because every single time Blizzard made earth-shattering changes, another bunch of whiners will just hop out and whine and beg for more.

For example, once players stop doing dailies, the amount of other activities that grant VP is simply not enough, and capping VP becomes difficult. They will end up doing 25 dungeon runs, which is about 15-20 minutes each totalling to 7-8 hours. The same whiners will come here crying and begging Blizzard to increase VP for dungeon, and they will utterly refuse to do anything else in the game.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
I'm getting tired of repeating this....
YOU DON'T NEED TO DO DAILIES TO GET GEARED, of you lvl up to 90 you would probably be hnored with the klaxxi or sha do pan... There, you have like 3 epics to spend VPs on... Why do you need more???

I completed 99% of the quests leveling to 90 & afterwards was only friendly with Klaxxi & Shado Pan...
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
11/13/2012 01:44 PMPosted by Daralii
Suggesting how to improve the system is fine. Expecting Blizz fix the bugs is fine. It's the people demanding there be an opt-out, or the entire feature be scrapped that are being unreasonable.

I wish they'd fix issues with it that take you "out of the game." Timezone differences change the sunlight which alters that atmosphere. Entering a CRZ when you are in combat and kiting something is detrimental to gameplay. And load times when traveling in open world is extremely annoying.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
He could. And could wind up being where I am -- no kills. Or, no loot. Having to get lucky from a Normal Mode raid to qualify for LFR just seems backwards, doesn't it?

Everyone talks about dailies being optional, but for those of us actually skipping them, it's pretty rough. Moreover, even from Blizzard's perspective, this design puts a lot of stress on the RNG, the itemization team to ensure there are very few holes, and the small segments of the endgame that don't reward Valor since that's a useless currency for daily-less folks.

I think the question that really remains and is the key issue is this -- what is the real cost/drawback of removing rep from Valor gear? Measure that against all this angst. This problem is screaming for a cost-benefit analysis. If Blizzard has already done so, then perhaps they could share the results so at least we can understand.

with your 466 ilvl you should be more then ready to kill at least a couple of bosses in MV without much throuble. get a couple of LFR gear and maybe some craftables and you should have ilvl for HoF LFR and keep going and you will be just fine.. you will probably get geared faster right now going that route then if you sundenly stopped everything and went to do dailies imo..
We tried. Best attempt was 13% before they enraged.

I'll obviously get more gear from LFR than dailies because I'm not doing any dailies. My point is -- there's a doughnut hole of players who don't have the personal schedule that permits a daily-friendly lifestyle and who aren't in the highest quality raiding structure. I can't pug an MSV because the general population has more time than me so they did the dailies. So, I'm stuck. And there's no way for me to solve the problem on my own because the single method of deterministic PvE character progression at level 90 is entirely incompatible with my lifestyle.

So Warcraft's evolution into a daily-focused game means I probably should move on. Thus when my annual pass expires I will do so, unless Blizzard can deliver a real solution in production before that date. No promises or words either. I'll need an actual solution that fits my needs live before my AP expiration date. The last time I listened to Blizzard, it turns out their definitions and perceptions of reality were different than mine. In this case, it's not a who's right and who's wrong thing, but just an acceptance of the fact that their version of reality is not the same as mine, so I need to see actual results rather than read posts and promises.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
I'm getting tired of repeating this....
YOU DON'T NEED TO DO DAILIES TO GET GEARED, of you lvl up to 90 you would probably be hnored with the klaxxi or sha do pan... There, you have like 3 epics to spend VPs on... Why do you need more???

I completed 99% of the quests leveling to 90 & afterwards was only friendly with Klaxxi & Shado Pan...

sorry but you didnt complete that many quests then, shadopan you cant get to honored you will get really close like less then a day of dailies to honored but klaxxi you get to honored without even finishing everything in dread wastes. i got honored before doing any dailies with then and only after i was 50% past revered that i found out i didnt have 2 of the klaxxi heroes yet and still had a couple more quests to do to get the achievement from dread wastes.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Priest
11/13/2012 01:42 PMPosted by Koviko
There currently are a PLETHORA of avenues to and ways to get gear.

There actually aren't many avenues of getting gear. Random drops, Valor, or Honor/Conquest.

However, the primary one, raiding and rated battle grounds, require a certain amount of effort beyond what people normally associate with video games. The primary avenues of getting the best gear and the gear that we all want remain true to the fundamental aspect of an MMO -- working with other people. This can be problematic for a people who expect MMOs to be a single player RPG with the OPTION to work with other people. MMO's are designed in reverse: the intent is that you'll work with other people with the OPTION to go off on your own.

So, it is your opinion that you should not only be able to get gear, but the BEST gear without being able to coordinate with others... in an MMO.

It doesn't matter what people associate with video games. It matters what people associate with MMOs. MMOs aren't built for the lazy. If you want your character to be strong, you have to work for it.

Uh...not exactly no. That post was a response to something else...I was trying to explain that the primary avenue of getting gear is through raiding and that's where you find the best gear. Valor gear is just extra...you could go into normal MV in 363 gear and do just fine. All i was saying is that people seem to expect the best gear to be instantly available through valor -- that's not how this game was designed.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
11/13/2012 09:37 AMPosted by Librily
I have one question: Where's the proof?

Real id on the forums fiasco was one of the many.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter

with your 466 ilvl you should be more then ready to kill at least a couple of bosses in MV without much throuble. get a couple of LFR gear and maybe some craftables and you should have ilvl for HoF LFR and keep going and you will be just fine.. you will probably get geared faster right now going that route then if you sundenly stopped everything and went to do dailies imo..
We tried. Best attempt was 13% before they enraged.

I'll obviously get more gear from LFR than dailies because I'm not doing any dailies. My point is -- there's a doughnut hole of players who don't have the personal schedule that permits a daily-friendly lifestyle and who aren't in the highest quality raiding structure. I can't pug an MSV because the general population has more time than me so they did the dailies. So, I'm stuck. And there's no way for me to solve the problem on my own because the single method of deterministic PvE character progression at level 90 is entirely incompatible with my lifestyle.

So Warcraft's evolution into a daily-focused game means I probably should move on. Thus when my annual pass expires I will do so, unless Blizzard can deliver a real solution in production before that date. No promises or words either. I'll need an actual solution that fits my needs live before my AP expiration date. The last time I listened to Blizzard, it turns out their definitions and perceptions of reality were different than mine. In this case, it's not a who's right and who's wrong thing, but just an acceptance of the fact that their version of reality is not the same as mine, so I need to see actual results rather than read posts and promises.

it will take a little longer but there is not much that can be done to help you progress then to wait for loot of for a nerf, i really doubt there will be any major changes to the way things work right now at least till a patch after 5.1 hits, and to be honest, what difference it will make other then alts to have ilvl 489 by then? even you wont need this gear when that time comes.. unless you just stop now and wait without playing then yes maybe you will need those pieces but then i dont think there will be the same requirements for pugs anymore.
Reply Quote
11/13/2012 10:35 AMPosted by Daxxarri

The OP has a point.. They did specifically say that they felt it was too much for players to feel that they had to grind reputations for head and shoulder enchants and then they turn around and put the enchants for other slots behind reputations.

Not really. They're different things. The enchantments were absolutely, without-question mandatory, because there was no other way to obtain those particular power increases no matter what else you did in the game.

The current dailies might feel that mandatory to some particularly progression focused players, but it is entirely possible to skip them, and the gear they provide, pretty much entirely and still arrive at the same level of character potency.

No doubt someone will mention profession recipes. Profession recipes have virtually always required some hoop jumping - ranging from RNG raid drops to rep grinds; the best recipes have always required a little something extra.

I'm not interested in citing the entire massive list directly, but World of Warcraft has a long history of adjustments in response to player feedback. A couple simple recent examples would be raising the Arena and Rated Battleground base point caps or the upcoming changes to the way that Pandaria faction reputation is gained by alternate characters on an account.

When something you feel strongly about hasn't been changed, that doesn't mean that we've dismissed feedback. In fact, sometimes we really like a suggestion, but implementing it doesn't quite fit into the schedule yet, or there are technical or design reasons why it doesn't fit into the game yet. Sometimes, we want to wait til we can implement a more elegant solution. And, of course, sometimes we simply disagree that a particular change is the right course for the game. Nonetheless, in none of these cases is feedback dismissed - it was still taken into account during the decision making process.

How do we know you are really telling us the truth...this is the internet - where lies are truth?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
And the n00blet tears continue to flow...

mists is getting better and better
Reply Quote
82 Human Paladin
I think if Blizzard finds something that should not be added into the game yet, but rather most likely in the future they should say it so the topic can be properly dismissed instead of being an ongoing discussion of confusion.
Reply Quote
Ret Paladins: Ghostcrawler, our burst is kinda high and our sustained kinda low. Makes for boring dps and could cause problems in PvP.

Ghosctcrawler: *buffs ret burst and nerfs sustained further*

Ret's: *have stupid high burst along with several other classes*

Good thing GC listens to feedback. What do we players know?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
11/13/2012 01:44 PMPosted by Daralii

It may not be what happens, but it's no more unreasonable than wanting realID scrapped.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage

I find that its manditory, and here is why:
Stat itemization on items, for firemages alot of the best gear outside of HoF and Terrace and after 5 mans, comes from the valor gear - from MSV there is only a necklace, (shoulders if you have enough hit rating that you can use the crit / haste shoulders) a weapon, and possibly the trinket. thats 3 - 4 items, the valor gear has helm, shoulders, pants, boots, belt, and a ring - thats 6 - there is better upgrades with valor than there is with MSV
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Death Knight
UE
11/13/2012 02:08 PMPosted by Mesphito

I find that its manditory, and here is why:
Stat itemization on items, for firemages alot of the best gear outside of HoF and Terrace and after 5 mans, comes from the valor gear - from MSV there is only a necklace, (shoulders if you have enough hit rating that you can use the crit / haste shoulders) a weapon, and possibly the trinket. thats 3 - 4 items, the valor gear has helm, shoulders, pants, boots, belt, and a ring - thats 6 - there is better upgrades with valor than there is with MSV
You don't have to have perfectly itemized gear to clear content. Reforging the gear you get is good enough.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]