Sick of Blizz Lies about hearing feedback

90 Tauren Druid
11/13/2012 08:07 PMPosted by Draekodas
We are always interested in learning better ways to approach these design challenges and make fun and compelling content, though

Yeah, nah not anymore it would seem. there is no way you lot had Fun in mind when creating the daily experience for MoP, atleast not for the other half of you're player base who doesn't get off on logging on every day.

This whole thing, and Blizz's attitude about it lately has been sickening, such blatant and stubborn disregard towards customers, i have never felt more disrespected as a customer in my life.

I'm not asking for a miracle i know what a toll redesigning the system or even adding a secondary one would take on other content development cycles, but you could at least have the damn courtesy to aknowledge the large portion of youre playerbase you completely ignored.

it's just...so...SICKENING....my god.....

What makes it kinda funny though is when you have CMs popping in and and trying to make it sound like they're being polite when they're basically just called people idiots for thinking of dailies as an annoyance.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
11/13/2012 08:52 PMPosted by Rhozul

Don't ever say that again. Ever.

I became incredibly infuriated when Jay Wilson said that when someone questioned the horrible story in Diablo III.

It's unprofessional and shows you know you're wrong, but won't accept it.

I don't agree with that. People are entitled to their own opinions on matters, even game developers. Being unwilling to accept that other people have an opinion different from your own shows more unprofessionalism in my opinion. I for one enjoed Diablo III's storyline; my problem with the game was that I was expected to play it over and over again to reach max level with the only different being an increase in difficulty. While this may be true in World of Warcraft, the repetition doesn't happen until after you've reached max level, and even then the story still continues.

Saying you "agree to disagree", essentially is saying that you don't care about the other person's opinion enough to talk about it. I mean if developer or CM just felt like there was no point arguing, they could just not say a word, and it would be actually be more polite to have done that.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
It was a tongue in cheek post, though I've re-read it and I still don't find it particularly offensive. Agree to disagree?

This is an interesting example of dissonance in the style of communication that the community wants though. There's a segment of the community that would prefer nothing but perfectly polite, all-the-sharp-edges-grinded-off kind of customer service speak. Meanwhile, there were many players in this thread requesting 'bluntness'--some specifically to the point of rudeness. I think I usually tend somewhere in the middle, with a touch of humor thrown in now and then.

Apparently Blizz does not teach its employee's that this is a service based platform so even if you do not like what people say or how they need to be dealt with they are to control them self.
Reply Quote
100 Orc Hunter
Some of the changes they make are flat out full retard.

Things like PvP balancing and commenting on that (like burst across the board is fine; that comment made my head hurt with the sheer stupidity it presented).

Things like CRZ with blatant disregard for what it would mean to low pop servers.

Like removing CHOICE (something that is central to RPG's) under the pretense of "it didn't make sense" (removal of dungeon rep grinding especially when it DOES make sense).

Like flat out lying in older blue posts about what their aims for pvp were (CC arms race GC blog pre-Cataclysm).

I can go on forever. But at the end of the day I think they DO listen to a lot of feedback and some of it makes it through; I just don't know if it's the RIGHT feedback that they listen to.

Honestly though, I'm more than willing to put up with all of the above if they never sacrifice fun (which they seem to be doing lately).

Gone seem to be the days when Blizzard made the game THEY would enjoy. Here are the days where they go head over heel to maintain an enormous playerbase.
Edited by Flaks on 11/13/2012 10:28 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
That's fairly rude and unbecoming of someone who is in the position you are in, Dax.

Treating people like an animal by saying, "No! Bad!" and then rubbing their nose in it for jumping the gun is definately not what you should have done. Rather, you should have POLITELY STATED the incorrectness of it and moved on.

In this case, both parties here made an error in judgment. Shame to both of you.

It was a tongue in cheek post, though I've re-read it and I still don't find it particularly offensive. Agree to disagree?

This is an interesting example of dissonance in the style of communication that the community wants though. There's a segment of the community that would prefer nothing but perfectly polite, all-the-sharp-edges-grinded-off kind of customer service speak. Meanwhile, there were many players in this thread requesting 'bluntness'--some specifically to the point of rudeness. I think I usually tend somewhere in the middle, with a touch of humor thrown in now and then.

Dax, I completely understand how you feel here. I work at Walmart as a cashier and customers expect a lot from us. Sometimes it can be hard to judge as what is suppose to be friendly play that turns out to be offensive to them. Kinda like a teeter totter, it can go either way.

With a new policy that just came out for the store I work at, we have to card everyone on pretty much everything, ranging from Mature rated games to Alcohol and I absolutely hate asking someone who is 75 years old for their ID because they're buying a case of beer. Someone actually told me it was offensive to ask for their ID. Others stormed out. I feel completely bad about it, but there's nothing I can do.

I also worked at Best Buy for a short while. Had a ripped one dollar bill that literally looked like someone took a bite out of it, I tried to humor the customer about it and they took it the wrong way. Ended up having to call my manager over so they could get a new one dollar bill.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Im sorry but i had to chime in, i have to give credit where its due.

First, to the OP
This is the dumbest thread ive come across in a LONG time. Sure the cross realm zones is kinda a pain, but not see the upside to it? are you on drugs? Try forming a sha grp at 5am on a low pop server, and youll be glad CRZ exist. Also, when your a lowbie, leveling, its kinda nice to have some people in desolace (or any random, remote region) to help you finish up that quest, kill the elite, or atleast to make /1 a little interesting.

Brawlers Guild
Lets complain more before its even out. Im sure the game on the PTR = the game on the LIVE realms, becuase no changes were made, ever, from one to the other.

Dailies
Yea. Dailies suck. Bad. But 5.1 brings the boost of rep to alts. I wish they had added in a BOA tabard, purchasable at exalted, to speed up rep on alts, or provide rep in dungeons on alts, but hey, whatever.
And the big difference between the enchants, Sure, the enchanters need to go farm the reps, Not every toon! which is great if you have lots of high level toons. My enchanter farmed the reps, all my toons get the enchant. Seems pretty awesome to me.

We havent even scratched at the surface of this expansion, the entire wow population is barely into challenge modes, and how many people do you see walking around with all the reps at exalted, geared, with all the cool rare items they added in... and combat pets at lev 25? not one, ever? yea ok

And second piece of credit to where its due, Blizz.
This expansion has its bugs, and its problems, sure, but it is STRIDES above the previous expansion. You cant go more then 10 yards in pandaria, without coming across a rare mob, a quest, a rare item like a mining pick or whatever, or a critter to combat with. Not just the fact theres loads of more stuff to do in the same-ish amount of space, but how many times have the realms crashed since MOP was released? Maybe once or twice? Seriously, do you remember ulduar? where all of northrend would crash every time you zoned in? Sure the maintenance can be hefty, but atleast its just tuesdays. i have yet to be in a raid and have the realms crash. Remember cata? a large portions of players would DC in org! latency and DC issues were rampant, blizz fought with AT&T and other companies, and the issues were endless. This is the best and smoothest patch by blizz so far, and they deserve an thumbs up for really taking it to another level. I remember the first couple of days after the patch, there was SOOOOO much to do, stuff to farm, and so on.... and its still full of stuff to keep you out of the forums, and in the game. (thanks for that, btw).

TLDR:
OP: What reality do you live in? /tin foil hat saves lives.
Blues: /thumbs up. next time, add tin foil to packaging plz.
Edited by Thirdhorn on 11/13/2012 10:34 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
11/13/2012 10:33 PMPosted by Thirdhorn
Lets complain more before its even out. Im sure the game on the PTR = the game on the LIVE realms, becuase no changes were made, ever, from one to the other.

Blizzard often implements things they put on their PTR. It's why they have a PTR, it's to test the things they're thinking of putting in the live game. If no one ever complained about things there then they could end up with more things coming into Live that would annoy people.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Here is an economics lesson, all:

1) Blizzard is in business to make money.

2) When they see that their changes decrease their subscribers, they alter those changes!

Your words mean nothing. Blizzard isn't monitoring the opinions of forum-goers; why would they adjust their policies on subscribers that are still playing? It's based on the declination/inclination of subscriptions, as well as the feedback given at the time of cancellation. (We have all done those surveys).

In order to continue to make money, they base their decisions on a lot more than a handful of angry subscribers. They have research analysts and staticians for this.

But, by all means, keep posting! It will make a difference! *Rolls eyes*
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
The current dailies might feel that mandatory to some particularly progression focused players, but it is entirely possible to skip them, and the gear they provide, pretty much entirely and still arrive at the same level of character potency.

Yeah, sorry, when a blue says something like this, for a player like me who does not have a raiding guild, can't get into a raiding guild, and used to be able to gear up from heroics and them VP gear... Sorry when I see you saying that, all I hear is my internal bull#%$ alarm going off.

VP gear being locked behind faction rep is THE ENTIRE PROBLEM! I can't belive I am going to say this, but the Cata method of having one vendor for JP and VP gear and the faction quartermasters having their own gear was INFINITELY preferable to what you have done this time.

I do like the fact that we get faction rep from doing things FOR said faction instead of just via a tabard, but puting ALL of the JP and VP gear behind faction rep locks, some of which take weeks to do, was just poor design.

Please take another look at this system and the anger it has produced, and learn from your mistakes.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Warrior
Someone please, think about the children!!!!
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
11/13/2012 09:42 AMPosted by Temnozar
except for some minor bugs CRZ is fine and you don't have to do dailies

Don't listen to this guy, hes probably just a blizzard alt!
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
11/13/2012 10:26 PMPosted by Flaks
But at the end of the day I think they DO listen to a lot of feedback and some of it makes it through; I just don't know if it's the RIGHT feedback that they listen to.

"The right feedback" is incredibly subjective. In the end, it's Blizzard deciding if it's right or good for the game. It is their baby after all.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]