Sick of Blizz Lies about hearing feedback

90 Tauren Warrior
11/13/2012 12:04 PMPosted by Seebach

No! Bad! Stop pointing to data-mined content as fact. The change that got picked up was actually an adjustment to Darkmoon Card trinkets for Challenge Mode stat scaling.

That's fairly rude and unbecoming of someone who is in the position you are in, Dax.

Treating people like an animal by saying, "No! Bad!" and then rubbing their nose in it for jumping the gun is definately not what you should have done. Rather, you should have POLITELY STATED the incorrectness of it and moved on.

In this case, both parties here made an error in judgment. Shame to both of you.

I see most people in these forums act like children. They can cuss and complain and whine and scream at the Blues all they want but the second a blue snaps back, even in the slightest way they are baffled and shocked, and then claim to have been mistreated. I'm all for the blues actually putting their foot down sometimes and not letting people walk all over them. Bashiok has done it and that's why I think he's awesome.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I see most people in these forums act like children. They can cuss and complain and whine and scream at the Blues all they want but the second a blue snaps back, even in the slightest way they are baffled and shocked, and then claim to have been mistreated. I'm all for the blues actually putting their foot down sometimes and not letting people walk all over them. Bashiok has done it and that's why I think he's awesome.

Yeah the double standard gets pretty old. Treat people in a way that you would like to be treated. If you behave like a jerk, you should expect the same in return. The Blizzard CMs aren't unfeeling robots. They're people too.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior

No! Bad! Stop pointing to data-mined content as fact. The change that got picked up was actually an adjustment to Darkmoon Card trinkets for Challenge Mode stat scaling.

That's fairly rude and unbecoming of someone who is in the position you are in, Dax.

Treating people like an animal by saying, "No! Bad!" and then rubbing their nose in it for jumping the gun is definately not what you should have done. Rather, you should have POLITELY STATED the incorrectness of it and moved on.

In this case, both parties here made an error in judgment. Shame to both of you.

There was nothing "rude and unbecoming." It was extremely obvious he was being playful.

Some people. /facepalm

Thanks blues for the great job you do, and I don't even care if someone calls me a suck-up or brown-noser or anything. I read quite a bit on here and even if I disagree with some part of the game, I've VERY rarely seen any blue poster mishandle things. They're humans, and while they do provide "customer service" they aren't hired to handle you babies with kid gloves. Grow up.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warrior
This thread goes to show why this game has taken a turn for the worse. People come to the forums and QQ and every once in a while and way more often then it should, blizz gives in and makes the changes to accomidate the QQs. However, I like how with the new xpac they have seemed to back off and stick to their decisions of how the daily system works, and how you grind out gear. Let us hope for the love of god they do not continue to take the advice or head of the people who !@#$% on the forums.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Priest
11/13/2012 11:13 AMPosted by Locuid
No doubt someone will mention profession recipes. Profession recipes have virtually always required some hoop jumping - ranging from RNG raid drops to rep grinds; the best recipes have always required a little something extra.

Yea but the hoop jumping went nuclear this time. I have 10 alts and at the end of Cataclysm I had every single one at max profession. They were able to craft a couple pieces without a SERIOUS grind. Take the Helicopter from BC. A couple hours grind and I had it. Then in Cata I was able to reasonably get the Epic Head pieces from Engineering. I've gotten 3 characters to 90 and if I combine ALL the spirit of Harmony together, I MIGHT have about 6 TOTAL.

Coupling Living Metal WITH Trillium WITH Harmony is a bit much.
I completely disagree. The level process to maxed skill was never easier than it is now in MoP.
It's almost ridiculous easy.
The BC helicopter is a great example tho... It took you two hours to get it?
Copter is skill 375, and required level 70 to learn. So you went through the whole "grind" from 60 - 70 definitely not in 2 hours.
Once you were finally able to learn the recipe you were facing a ton of RNG.
Over 2 stacks of Khorium, the to date still rarest and most expensive crafting material in the game. You can spend 5 hours flying around and still don't have just one stack, if you aren't lucky enough. A crap load of felsteel bars, adamantite bars.
Anyone that tells me they had all those mats together in 2 hours had either a very deep wallet full of cash, or if they'd gathered them, lie to themselves. The farming of the 8 Primal Fires could have taken longer already. Especially for a fresh level 70 the task at hand was difficult.

And this is a fine example what I don't get here, especially when I see posts about people that play the unsub card all over the forums, on such topics.
TBC was so far the most difficult time period of the game, in regards of work that needs to be done for reward. Yet it was the very expansion that had the highest gain of subscriptions at the same time.
In idealized numbers the subs read like this:
End of Vanilla: 7 mio Subs
End of TBC: 11 Mio Subs.
End of WotlK: 11 Subs. (there was a peak to 12 mid WotLK)
End of Cata: 10 Mio subs.
MoP is on the path to regain the 11 mio amount.

For myself, there wasn't everything milk and honey during TBC. But in an overall. The system was better than ever before or after.
You had to do something, to get something. The more you did, the more you got.
It was rewarding, and it felt rewarding. One was able to set them self apart.
You weren't raiding. No problem, you could just go ahead and work on other things like professions and progress there. Then the cocky raiders came to you for those juicy enchants you got from factions reps you were willing to grind out.
Rep grinding from heroics.... Yeah sure....
Try Rep grinding to get into the heroic in the first place. Or even "worse" (wasn't worse, I loved it and most people I know in the game miss it like I do) you had to go through attunement quests. Shattered Halls key = keel that damn fel reaver and some other stuff on the side..

And here we sit, tons of pages long threads full of whining posts by a bunch of people who lack a basic principle of life...

You want something, you got to do something.
The less you do, the less you get.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
Adding my support for Blizzard (and Dax and Zarhym).

More pew-pew, less QQ

People, IT'S A FRICKIN' GAME! Get a life. Go outside for once.

I've been playing since Dec 2005. I remember Monday maintenance (EVERY WEEK) and I also remember Blizzard listened to their player base and moved maintenance to Tuesday. I remember when Blizzard first did rolling restarts. Wow, we had more time to play, but never did I feel that we were entitled to more play time.

What I don't recall is reading anything that states the players are entitled to 100% up-time or any amount of specific up-time. Maybe Blizzard should bring the servers down every Tuesday for 24 hours regardless of any required maintenance.

What I do know is that I have been paying the EXACT same price for seven years. What other game / service / item costs the same price it did 7 years ago?

http://www.wikihow.com/Cope-With-World-of-Warcraft-Maintenance-Day
Reply Quote
87 Undead Mage
i find ridiculous the fact that i need to daily for my PVP gear pattern. i mean, if i'm going to pvp with that grar, WHY THE HELL i need to daily for it?
Edited by Mushroomz on 11/14/2012 5:29 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
It's called doublespeak and it works particularly well against ignorant people.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
I'm more sick of them making changes to the class's every other day it seems like. Why can't they just leave them alone?
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
11/13/2012 08:41 PMPosted by Verthril
Agree to disagree?

Don't ever say that again. Ever.

I became incredibly infuriated when Jay Wilson said that when someone questioned the horrible story in Diablo III.

It's unprofessional and shows you know you're wrong, but won't accept it.

He was not wrong. You see, he didn't say anything offensive but some little !@#$ that has never been told no in his life got upset. The little %^-* wants to abuse the Blizzard spokespeople while they accept it with a smile. That isn't how people interact and it isn't doing the brat any good to think it is. However, the Blizzard spokesperson knows this isn't the place to get into a discussion on how to interact with whining customers and has done his best to disarm the situation.

One last thing, nobody cares that you don't like it.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
11/13/2012 08:41 PMPosted by Verthril
Agree to disagree?

Don't ever say that again. Ever.

I became incredibly infuriated when Jay Wilson said that when someone questioned the horrible story in Diablo III.

It's unprofessional and shows you know you're wrong, but won't accept it.

LMAO you sound butt hurt dude. Also I can agree to disagree with somebody who thinks women shouldn't have equal rights or *insert other ridiculous argument for reducing other people's rights based on ones beliefs* where I believe that everybody should have equal rights and should be able to choose what happens to them. Does that make me wrong? No. Stop being a butt hurt little child and grow up.
Reply Quote
20 Pandaren Mage
Why does everyone hate me? You're all so mean!
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I think we all understand that you cant totally revamp cross realms and rep grinding overnight. I think even the crankiest forum poster can agree with this. But perhaps someone saying "we hear what you're saying, we'll pit this against the other feedback from the community that we've received as well as our own data and desires for the game direction and see what we can do for you" That to me would be an acceptable customer service response. It makes the customer feel listened to, it makes the customer feel like they have input. Then following up that response in dev water cooler discussions and such reflecting what it is that has been mentioned in regards to something like the main 3 issues that we're hearing mentioned.

I dont think anyone is saying that they want to just be handed all of the free epics they can eat. Noone wants that. ok maybe a few players want that. But part of the enjoyment of our playing the game is working for items, raiding, questing, pvping whatever variety in the game it is they choose. We like as a whole to quest, raid, pvp, dungeon, explore... but what I'm seeing that we dont like is to feel as though we're being required to grind gated rep

I dont mind grinding out one or two factions in order to be successful at this game. I feel as though a small amount of grind adds to the flavor of the game and makes the player feel as though they're working for something epic. Like they're a part of a large scale effort to defeat the forces of evil, defeat the opposing faction and win the day. And there was much rejoycing. Yay

Gating content didnt work in classic. Sticking Naxx behind a rep grind. People didnt like it then. Sticking AQ gear behind gated rep. Grinding out the bug tunnel anyone? Now granted this is not sticking an entire raid behind a rep grind. But some medium level guilds DO require that you have at least LFR or valor or even justice gear in order to be a part of their raid. Now granted, noone is FORCED against their will, dragged kicking and screaming to those guilds. One could remain guildless, or be in a social guild. PUG raids and do LFR and be perfectly content. I'd prefer to be raiding with my guild. But that's just me. It is POSSIBLE to do the content guildless. It is POSSIBLE to do the content without ever grinding one single reputation. It would be a very lonely existance for me, but perhaps for others it would be a wonderful enriching gaming experience. And maybe that is what the game is coming to where one does not raid with one's guild, you just LFR and PUG raids and everything is wonderful and good.

I dont expect my comments or any one person's comments to be immediately met with "you know you're absolutely right, we'll have that fixed for you on our next hotfix rollout" It will never happen. I have a realistic expectation that this will never happen. I dont really expect that this will ever be listened to because it is an opinion, nothing more. Is it a bug with a suggestion on how to fix that bug? No. Is it a class imbalance or an ability that isnt scaling properly complete with testing data? No. It is just an opinion
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
Adding my support for Blizzard (and Dax and Zarhym).

More pew-pew, less QQ
What I do know is that I have been paying the EXACT same price for seven years. What other game / service / item costs the same price it did 7 years ago?

this is a very valid point. everything has gone up, except the subscription price. Lets stop complaining.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
11/13/2012 09:42 AMPosted by Temnozar
except for some minor bugs CRZ is fine and you don't have to do dailies
CRZ might be fine to you, it's not to me, I absolutely hate it.

Dailies are basically required (if you want to raid), the rate of rep gain is too slow and quickly becomes painful instead of fun. Why do I say they are basically required? Most quality raiding is done with a guild, not LFR. Having decent gear and skill gets you a position in a raid team. Therefore, those in your guild willing to drag themselves through the broken glass fun that are rep grinds, will be the people that get in the raids. Gear up fast, or get left behind. The only way to gear up fast is doing heroics, lfr and all the daily grinds. They are basically required.
Edited by Nayaga on 11/14/2012 5:58 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
bliz please go back to 40 man raids to let me take a year to earn a full set of gear insted of the handing out of epics like it is now.
Reply Quote
57 Pandaren Monk

Seebach,

ARE YOU SERIOUS BRO?

How in the HELL is he being rude? Why are you reading so much into the semantics? All he was saying was that you shouldn't take data mined b.s. as fact, nothing more, nothing less.

I wish the Community Managers could cuss 99% of you out because most of you act like big babies. I don't even see how you would be able to function in communication from day-to-day outside of the game. I bet you cry when someone does something even remotely bad to you, i.e. shoulder bumps you by mistake.

I hope the Community Managers get more freedom to say what they want without any repercussions, some of you special snowflakes are annoying as hell.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
Honestly people, this is absurd. Vaults is tuned to allow you to raid it geared out in Heroic blues. If your raid leaders are saying you have to be wearing LFR or Rep gear to get in then your issue is with them, not Blizzard.

I raided all the way through Vaults with no rep gear, and one LFR piece. I've only acquired rep gear in the past two weeks because I finally got around to doing some dailies. These are NOT required. You CAN progress without them, and you can progress quite far.

The blues in many posts have made a valid point about why they've changed how rep is gained: you used to run an instance and get the items dropped by the bosses, the currency to buy better epic items (JP/VP), and then the rep needed to buy other epic gear. What Blizzard's community reps are saying is that they feel the boss loot is a sufficient reason to run Heroics, and so they've spread the rewards out. You have to put the time in to get the better gear if you really want it.

Next we'll be seeing people complain that Normal mode raids are required. Why should I have to gear up in Normal raids to do Heroic raids? Blizzard, you should just put all normal raid gear on a vendor for me to buy so I can do Heroic raids. It's not fair that we should have to dedicate countless hours grinding bosses out for that gear...
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Monk
You know whats so entirely laughable about this entire thing is that Blizzard doesnt HAVE to listen to anything you or I or anyone who isnt on the dev team says, and hear you are whining about how they dont make the game the way you or 5k other people want it, when in reality, you should be grateful that they even bother to listen to the ungrateful moaning the community constantly does every update. If you are so dissatisfied, cancel your sub, get a degree, and make your own game, since you know so much about whats best in a game design for 11 million people.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]