Sick of Blizz Lies about hearing feedback

90 Human Warlock
11/16/2012 01:58 PMPosted by Daxxarri
"Mostly" is a key part of that sentence. There are certainly still improvements to make.

Mostly is also not the word I'd use. >_>
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
CRZ *snip* It's also a lot more than that. We're aware of the concerns that players have expressed about it, and we'll continue to improve it so the experience that players have with it only gets better.

I'm an outspoken opponent of it's current iteration, but I do appreciate this. Thank you.

Yes, the current design for dailies is very much based on player feedback, and it fixes some of the things that, ultimately, really weren't working well in Cataclysm. Now we're seeing a totally different kind of feedback, and we'll learn from that too. World of Warcraft is still very much an iterative entity.

And always will be.

We'll continue to listen to player feedback as we design into the future - but we also know that we can't please all the people all the time. If nothing else, history has absolutely taught us that.

Of course, we're still going to try.

Thank you, I think that's all we can reasonably ask for or ever expect.
Edited by Wexlur on 11/16/2012 2:01 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
For example, one of the largest debates World of Warcraft has ever seen revolved around something as essential and commonplace today as offering non-raiders access to epic items. Some of you will recall that this was an extremely active debate, and opinions were harshly divided (and harshly expressed) on the subject.

I was not playing WoW when this debate happened, but good lord I can imagine the results and I am shaking in my baby seal leather boots at the very thought...
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Warlock
11/16/2012 02:02 PMPosted by Addelaide
For example, one of the largest debates World of Warcraft has ever seen revolved around something as essential and commonplace today as offering non-raiders access to epic items. Some of you will recall that this was an extremely active debate, and opinions were harshly divided (and harshly expressed) on the subject.

I was not playing WoW when this debate happened, but good lord I can imagine the results and I am shaking in my baby seal leather boots at the very thought...

I can verify that this was indeed a HUGE forum debate for months and months. Hell, that's where the whole "Casual vs. Hardcore" terminology and debate originated from.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
BORING! Time for next expansion pls
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Death Knight
11/16/2012 01:49 PMPosted by Daxxarri
Obviously they listen to feedback. But that doesn't necessitate any applause. When they discount feedback (even after listening to it) that was well reasoned and highly supported, they should offer better explanation (if they want to keep their community feeling like communication is valuable). They should be judged based upon the context of the time, and right now the context does not look good.

Brace yourself, because I'm about to say some things that will probably ruffle a few feathers. Got your feathers ready? Okay, here we go:

We have a long tradition of explaining our design decisions. In addition the various posts we make on the forums, there are numerous Dev Watercooler blogs authored by Ghostcrawler and other developers that exist solely to discuss what we're thinking, and why we're thinking it. Those vary in frequency since, ultimately, developer time is best spent doing things like developing World of Warcraft.

That said, there will be times when, after reviewing the feedback, we still stick to our guns and not offer a follow-up explanation regarding why. There are pitfalls to starting a discussion to provide our rationale after such an event:

• Players that are okay with or neutral toward the situation don't particularly care.
  • The players that aren't okay with the situation almost certainly aren't going to change their minds because we made a post. They're almost always heavily invested in a particular position on the subject, and further discourse won't alter their opinion. In these cases, the expressed desire for follow-up on feedback doesn't result in useful clarification; it simply provides more ammunition for a debate. Typically a debate that already played out in prior feedback and resulted in a decision one way or another.
  • While sometimes it's necessary to make our stance clear, refraining from a 'this is just the way it is, and here's why' statement can offer us the latitude to change our minds in the future. In some cases, we're still evaluating a situation, but we need to see how it plays out for longer than a few weeks.

And, on that note, it's very much worth noting that we change our minds with a fair amount of frequency. Our decision to provide alternative means to acquire Brawler's Guild invitations was based on player feedback, but I didn't create a post to discuss why that decision was made, just as I probably wouldn't have created a post to explain why we didn't make the change--the rationale was already out there, and it's still largely in place. That change is a compromise.

CRZ is harshly criticized by some, and praised by some, but mostly it fits seamlessly into the gameplay of many (as it was intended to). The technology makes possible some truly cool things, like cross realm parties. It's a response to the many complaints that the old world felt empty and devoid of life. It's also a lot more than that. We're aware of the concerns that players have expressed about it, and we'll continue to improve it so the experience that players have with it only gets better.

Yes, the current design for dailies is very much based on player feedback, and it fixes some of the things that, ultimately, really weren't working well in Cataclysm. Now we're seeing a totally different kind of feedback, and we'll learn from that too. World of Warcraft is still very much an iterative entity.

Finally, some food for thought. Some changes that are pretty much universally embraced now were highly contentious in their time. For example, one of the largest debates World of Warcraft has ever seen revolved around something as essential and commonplace today as offering non-raiders access to epic items. Some of you will recall that this was an extremely active debate, and opinions were harshly divided (and harshly expressed) on the subject. We'll continue to listen to player feedback as we design into the future - but we also know that we can't please all the people all the time. If nothing else, history has absolutely taught us that.

Of course, we're still going to try.

you've learned nothing its very apparent that you take select peoples feedback from said guild over others..and guess what that is gonna hurt at the end of the day: YOUR WALLETS.

People are gonna leave in flock there is enough of a grind to deal with at to 90 then to heroic dungeons then normal raids but lfr too incase your whole guild isn't skilled enough to kill said boss...its very sad blizzard that you have taken a route like this.
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Monk
11/16/2012 02:02 PMPosted by Alera

Mostly is also not the word I'd use. >_>

Me either. Heck, most people I've encountered both in-game and on the forums fall into one of two categories: one, they hate CRZ as it is currently implemented; two, they don't know what CRZ is and often mistake it for cross-realm grouping/dungeons. I've also seen people who love it and think it is the salvation of the game, but they seem to be in the minority.

I would think the entire second camp describes exactly what Daxx was saying. It's seamless, therefore you don't notice it...

Note that he said it was mostly seamless for many people. Not mostly seamless for everyone. >.>
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
CRZ is harshly criticized by some, and praised by some, but mostly it fits seamlessly into the gameplay of many (as it was intended to). The technology makes possible some truly cool things, like cross realm parties. It's a response to the many complaints that the old world felt empty and devoid of life. It's also a lot more than that. We're aware of the concerns that players have expressed about it, and we'll continue to improve it so the experience that players have with it only gets better.

Who's legging are you pulling?How many toons have you lvl'd now with CRZ? it does NOT fit seamlessly into the gameplay of ANYONE lvling pre-mop zones. Leveling on a pvp server is now almost utterly impossible because you don't know seem to understand the type of people that play this game. Ganking and griefing is at an all time high. Being camped endlessly by lvl90 players is horrible. Respawn of quest mob's way to long for the amount of people in the zone. Camping rares, farming nodes, and even going after specific pet battle pets nearly impossible to do now thanks to CRZ. You said you'd adjust respawns of nodes and rares, I dont think anyone can see the difference one bit. Flying around outlands looking for herbs or mining nodes, there are NONE.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
"Mostly" is a key part of that sentence. There are certainly still improvements to make.

Yes and they don't seem to be coming anytime soon.

CRZ breaks quite a few things (mounts, PvP areas, fishing tournaments) makes some things unpredictable (beginning and end times of Holiday/timed events).

And yet Blizzard doesn't seem to be in any rush to fix it. Or worse case Blizzard DOESN'T know how to fix it (i.e. two seater mounts crossing zones).

I FEAR the day Blizzard finally decides to "grace" the MoP areas with CRZs.

It's obvious with the lax attitude the Blues have towards CRZs that our concerns aren't making much of an impact.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk

I can verify that this was indeed a HUGE forum debate for months and months. Hell, that's where the whole "Casual vs. Hardcore" terminology and debate originated from.
Welfare purples.

Yeah, that was a fun era.

CRZ breaks quite a few things (mounts, PvP areas, fishing tournaments) makes some things unpredictable (beginning and end times of Holiday/timed events).
Fishing tournament's back in 5.1, they're working on the timezone issues. Fixing things in a game this big isn't as simple as hitting a magic [FIX THINGS] button. I shudder to think how many millions of lines of code the devs have to comb through.
Edited by Daralii on 11/16/2012 2:12 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Monk
11/16/2012 02:07 PMPosted by Superhefer

Who's legging are you pulling?How many toons have you lvl'd now with CRZ? it does NOT fit seamlessly into the gameplay of ANYONE lvling pre-mop zones. Leveling on a pvp server is now almost utterly impossible because you don't know seem to understand the type of people that play this game. Ganking and griefing is at an all time high. Being camped endlessly by lvl90 players is horrible. Respawn of quest mob's way to long for the amount of people in the zone. Camping rares, farming nodes, and even going after specific pet battle pets nearly impossible to do now thanks to CRZ. You said you'd adjust respawns of nodes and rares, I dont think anyone can see the difference one bit. Flying around outlands looking for herbs or mining nodes, there are NONE.

Did you play in vanilla? Honest question. This is exactly how the game started out, with TONS of people in every zone.

So no, I don't really notice it or care about it, since it's how the game started for me.

This panda was not a RAF, and not my first 90. I maxxed out herbalism without any issues for nodes.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Death Knight
Wonder if people make theis types of pots just to get a blue post O.O
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
11/16/2012 01:58 PMPosted by Daxxarri
Your guess is spot on. We are constantly gathering and analyzing information on gameplay. Raw data is tremendously useful, but it doesn't really offer context, which is why other sources of information are essential.

If that's the case would you be able to see that CRZ people rarely speak to each other and don't group up when randomly running into each other in the world ?

CRZ is fantastic to allow cross realm buddies to quest and level together but having all these randoms roaming around on our servers that don't interact with anyone isn't doing a damn thing to improve the game. Not only do we feel like our home servers have been invaded and lost to this system its also ruined many servers economy.

This technology needs to be only used when RID or Btag friends want to level together and let everything else go back to normal because there have pretty much been no positives come from this little experiment and the only people that like it are the world PvPers (read gankers)
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
11/16/2012 01:49 PMPosted by Daxxarri
Yes, the current design for dailies is very much based on player feedback, and it fixes some of the things that, ultimately, really weren't working well in Cataclysm.

Wow I sure don't remember sitting around thinking "Gee I sure would like some repetitive, boring content and I hope much of what I want is locked behind reputations directly connected to said boring and repetitive content." I do remember wanting more creative content like scenarios. But then you make the most creative content the least rewarding.

Plus once you have your gear from the dungeons, 1 week tops, there is no need to go back into the LFD except for once a day because after that the VP is not worth the frustration.

I don't know why you guys cannot admit you made a mistake and just give us some alternate ways to gain rep. Many excellent suggestions have been made and yes, before you say it, making the dailies the only path to reputation progression was a mistake.
Edited by Tatertawt on 11/16/2012 2:12 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Monk

I would think the entire second camp describes exactly what Daxx was saying. It's seamless, therefore you don't notice it...

Note that he said it was mostly seamless for many people. Not mostly seamless for everyone. >.>

It's not that, haha. Some people have argued that they love CRZ since they can queue for dungeons with their friends from different servers. You've been able to do that for a LONG time before CRZ came out.

Sorry, I was responding to the part of your post stating they didn't know what it is. Not that they were mistaking it for something else.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Daxx, you and all the other CM's are level 90 wordsmiths. I bet you guys could moonlight as therapists. /salute
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]