Sick of Blizz Lies about hearing feedback

90 Pandaren Monk

Finally, some food for thought. Some changes that are pretty much universally embraced now were highly contentious in their time. For example, one of the largest debates World of Warcraft has ever seen revolved around something as essential and commonplace today as offering non-raiders access to epic items. Some of you will recall that this was an extremely active debate, and opinions were harshly divided (and harshly expressed) on the subject. We'll continue to listen to player feedback as we design into the future - but we also know that we can't please all the people all the time. If nothing else, history has absolutely taught us that.

Of course, we're still going to try.

I remember those days.

Oh, the wailing. The gnashing of teeth. And then I remember....

People whined about Original ZG and AG20 giving epics and being source of must-have skillbooks and enchants, saying it would ruin "actual" raiding.

People whined about Alliance getting Shamans/Horde getting Paladins.

People whined about Badges of Justice, saying that it would remove the point of raiding.

People whined about the introduction of PvP gear, saying that no one would want to raid for gear anymore.

People whined about raids going from 40 to 25 man, "What are the 15 deadweight players supposed to do?!"

Is it odd that the biggest whining I've seen over the years came from 40/25-man 'hardcore' raiders? You'd think they feel like their toes get stomped on the moment Blizzard ever dares take consideration for people who aren't them yet take up the larger bulk of the player population.
Edited by Smakke on 11/16/2012 3:18 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Sick insulting others isn't constructive no matter if your complaints are valid. I'm not *proud* of defending Blizzard, I just do it. Again if anyone is butthurt it's you that I support Blizzard and tell you to stop being non constructive. You say the game is completely broken but if you're honest with yourself, you would know that's not completely true.

Again you think they're arrogant and say they don't give a crap. Why would they continue to balance the game if they didn't care? They obviously do if they didn't they wouldn't balance it and as you people like to use these buzzwords their *Bottom line* would suffer.

I don't know the extent of your complaints but going on and saying "YOU BLIZZ !@# KISSERS STOP IT!!" That's not very helpful.
Reply Quote
MVP
90 Night Elf Priest

I don't know the extent of your complaints but going on and saying "YOU BLIZZ !@# KISSERS STOP IT!!" That's not very helpful.

It's simple fact that anyone resorting to calling others a shill/fanboi is just someone that has no actual argument, so they resort to insults.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warrior
I personally have no real issues with CRZ...I just kind of ignore it. I don't let it phase me. I simply really don't care. I find it kind of fun because it does open up new doors for people, and it does open up a lot more diversity on all the realms. Like the other day..met a Hunter in Valley of the Four Winds...talked to him for 2 hours about lore and other things. Now its just everyday we're questing, doing dailies, and other things.

I mean yeah, you can do that without the CRZ and stuff, but all in all. It is what it is...and I think it is a great tool to expand diversity, influence social interaction, and ultimately just make the game feel more lively.

I think that I would much rather have bolstered zones and a lot of interaction going on then and an empty dead zone with 20 other numbskulls.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
11/16/2012 03:24 PMPosted by Alera
People need to get over the CRZ thing. It's in game. Deal with it or walk.

I cancelled my subscription as soon as my Annual Pass ended, but I still have time left on the account that has been paid for.

Thank you for your suggestion, though.

Well just saying you canceled your sub and not say why....not helping. Not sure why you would cancel after the Annual Pass. I mean they weren't forcing you.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin

TL;TR: Very tired of being mislead and lied to by this gaming company.

Then go play games from a different gaming company. Problem solved.

these kind of ignorant posts bring nothing constructive to threads please refrain
from derailing this thread
Reply Quote
Could we bring back the tabard system but instead of getting rep from killing mobs in duneons just have it award rep from ANY daily we run?

That way we're still out there doing work and championing the faction but we could do different dailies.

OR

Since the MoP faction tabards are available at exalted make them account wide and give them the ability to gain dungeon rep. That way someone earns exalted on their main, gets the tabard, and earns the right for their alts to gain rep in a different way.

editted for brain farts
Edited by Saturday on 11/16/2012 3:31 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior

Except cross-realm parties only help existing players who knows cross-realm friends, not new players who travel in empty zones and soon find WoW lackluster compared to other new MMOs, where players are still leveling.

Easily solved. Players who are new to the game all get thrown onto a "new player" realm. One realm per time zone. Once they reach level 20 (invalid for Starter accounts), they have the option of one free transfer to a realm of their choice. This option remains free up until level 60. After that, it becomes a paid transfer..

So creating duplicate server eh?
Just listing disadvantages

Scarab Lord all around the world will be enraged
What if the new players don't migrate, or even better, don't know how to migrate?
You put 20 fresh new players who don't know how to WoW together, they still don't know how to play WoW, who to ask or where to research? Remember, you and I are both experienced elite players who know what to do. It took me a month and a guidance from an experience player to know what threat was when I started in TBC.
Who runs the servers?
Is Blizzard going to employ new GM solely to teach the new players? That detracts from immersion btw.

It's really not as simple, especially when MMOs are getting a bad rep, most MMOs out there are closing servers after servers, Blizzard has to be cautious about opening new ones.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock

-misleads
-distorts reality
-pretends to communicate
-makes the bad seem good
-avoids or shifts responsibility
-creates incongruity between reality and what is said or not said

Sounds like most of the posters on these forums.
Reply Quote
31 Goblin Rogue

It's simple fact that anyone resorting to calling others a shill/fanboi is just someone that has no actual argument, so they resort to insults.

Ya, cuz Snowfox iz a fangurl :-)

ok, ok...I noes, back under the bridge with my billygoat, eh
Reply Quote
11/16/2012 02:44 PMPosted by Alera
Possibly for some people, but I'm still getting "You feel normal." spam every time I cross a CRZ border.

Sorry, I appear to have been slightly unclear. I meant that the "You feel normal." is still present, but the other 'seams' that show up in the chat log (like the sheerly massive amount of skill learning spam) have been fixed.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin

Just taking a guess here but I would think Blizzard generates a lot of its information just by watching how people play. What content they do and don't do, player activity, time spent playing, etc.

Your guess is spot on.

Hurray! I'm helping.

We are constantly gathering and analyzing information on gameplay. Raw data is tremendously useful, but it doesn't really offer context, which is why other sources of information are essential.

As someone who has worked in marketing I can sympathize with the difficulties in not only collecting data, but weighing its importance compared to other sources. The forums are good in that they allow players to spell out precisely how they feel on certain issues. The downside is that it is so easy to make a forum post that exaggerates how one truly feels. How many posts have said "Fix/Do X or I quit!" where you know the issue was not so severe that people would actually quit.
Edited by Mcdrunk on 11/16/2012 3:34 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
I think CRZ negative impacts the following at least from what I gathered.

-PVP realms

-Low pop servers(NOTE CRZ WAS NOT INTENDED FOR REALM POPULATIONS LOW LEVEL ZONES WERE THE INTENT)

-Servers with crappy economies compared to others.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin

Just for the record on the evolution forums even with a legitimate argument it can still be fun to throw in an insult.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior

Just for the record on the evolution forums even with a legitimate argument it can still be fun to throw in an insult.

Oh I'm sure people think it's fun, doesn't mean it's ok. It's rude and really is not constructive. And ...no Evolution forums. It's probably more rancid then DIII forums.

The possibility of players being up to 80 levels higher than you. (Max was 60)

True but I don't think that's a CRZ issue in itself, CRZ makes it happen but that seems more of because the expansions then CRZ itself makes people be at X level.
Edited by Lorthuron on 11/16/2012 3:43 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]