Sick of Blizz Lies about hearing feedback

90 Human Rogue
When are they gonna give me my compact airship mount though? I demand feedback!
Reply Quote
33 Human Warrior
11/13/2012 10:43 AMPosted by Diamora
In other words, I've yet to see any player suggestions implemented, and more continued defence along with this token line of "we're listening"

Player suggestions/ideas that have been implemented :

Transmog
Guild Banks
Void Storage
Hunters no longer having a ranged requirement
Flying in Azeroth
Monks (they have been suggested repeatedly as a playable class over the years)
Pandaren (again, they were asked for repeatedly)
Portals to all the cities (taken out with Cata, put back in at the new Alliance/Horde holds in Pandaria)
Making vanity pets more than just vanity
Dual spec
Quest tracker

Do you need some more examples of them listening to the community?

Just to add to this...literally every paid optional service (guild transfers, realm transfers, faction changes, race changes, etc.) we have available to us came from customer feedback, as well.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Priest
Yeah, Blizzard hasn't changed this game since release at all *sarcasm*
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
UE
And, of course, sometimes we simply disagree that a particular change is the right course for the game.
You don't say this enough. Many thread topics that are spammed throughout the week would be cut down or at least be confined to one thread if you would simply state, "this is how it is", more often.
Reply Quote
32 Troll Hunter
I think that the problem is they want to water down the game on thier end to make it easy to run. And they seem to not have people who have been around long enough to remember why they started using tabards that gave faction in the first place. Dailies was just mainly for the gold or late add in factions not something for the base factions of an expantion. Kind of lame that 75%+ of the quests while leveling does not have a faction attached to it!!! I think if they had tabards in addition to leveling quests and dailies that gave faction they would have made everyone happy!!!

It is true they have added many good things to the game. BUT it feels like at least to me that we are chained to doing dailies instead of having fun in game!!!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
Does it really matter that you aren't granted immediate access to an optional activity like Brawler's that, as far as I've seen, doesn't have anything must have attached to it?
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
This whole post is a waste of time. Well thought out, but a waste of the OP's time. This thread will be deleted by a manager without actual Blizz employees ever knowing it existed.
Edited by Narakuu on 11/13/2012 10:51 AM PST
Reply Quote
86 Blood Elf Priest
The OP does have a few Valid points. Here is 1 more example of the contradiction.

Divine aegis bubbles went to PW:S graphic last expac. They released it was a bug. Then they re-released it was intended so big graphics were not distracting.

A bug to a redesign amazing!

We got them back but its still case in point. A perfect example.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
Just to add to this...literally every paid optional service (guild transfers, realm transfers, faction changes, race changes, etc.) we have available to us came from customer feedback, as well.

yay, we love paying for extra services, weeee, off to do 400 more dailies and then hang myself with my mouse cord
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
@ OP:

I'm going to be honest. I didn't read your whole post. So I'll only touch on one point:

We're not even at the first patch yet.

I think that a lot of people fail to remember or realize that a lot of big fixes come with patches. Not just content. Not everything is fix-on-the-fly, and it's entirely possible that the rounds of restarts we've been suffering the past few weeks have been them TRYING to fix bugs, such as those in CRZ. There's no way for us to know, but it's possible. This "all or nothing" mentality most people have regarding fixes - i.e. remove it, fix it, or gtfo - is a ridiculous demand. Wait for the patch, see if fixes and/or changes have been made, and then continue with your complaining.

Here's my biggest concern with your post, even though it's technically true.

The same thing was said to me about CRZ . . . back in the beta.

It's been more than one patch since CRZ was released. . .

Also, yeah, they totally can disagree with people and do whatever they want.

What I would appreciate, however, is for Blizz to be more frank about it.

Frankly, they mislead people and give them false hope thinking that creating a giant thread for them to rant about complaints. But frankly, it's all for nill.

So yeah, I'm not complaing really about CRZ, brawler's guild, or dailies.

I'm complaining about horrible PR that initially gives me hope, but leaves me feeling nothing but mislead and bitter.

Well I can sympathize with you in that regard to a degree. I was pretty disappointed about the Dance Studio being scrapped even though it was one of the features listed on the box that the game came in! That was the closest to false advertising I think they ever got so it's possible that maybe they learned from that and are more careful today about what they tell us? It's hard to know, they don't tell us. ;)

While it's true there has been some patches, Blizzard has said before that some things come with major content patches. Sort of a bundled-fix deal, I guess? I'm not trying to defend their stance, I'm just trying to offer perhaps a different consideration. It's impossible for me to think that any business would intentionally tick off its customers, but on the same token they can only do so much.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
The people who post on the forums are NOT the majority of players. Blizzard would be utterly foolish if they changed the game willy-nilly to cater to the people who post here. And yes, that includes me. My opinion is just one-ten-millionth of the player-base's POV.

And they do read what we say, both here and in tickets. I know they do because I got banned on the Diablo 3 forums when I was furious about that game and got, er, overly-mouthy, lol. But also I know this because I have had a couple very nice responses from both CMs and from GMs . . .the kind of responses that are clearly a personal response.

(The GM who responded to my complaint phrased as a song parody responded with a song parody of his/her own. Geeze, that made me laugh so hard. It also reminded me that those blue texts are written by real people who are doing a job to pay their bills . . .and I should be nice to them. Many of them are pretty cool people, actually.)
Reply Quote
Here's just one example from the top of my head.

The Darkmoon Fair tanking trinket was incredibly weak. People brought it up on the forums. A blue said to explain, and they did, that it had no base stats.

Next fix it was fixed. It's still not a great trinket but at least it's decent.

You mean the one that just got a huge nerf? Yeah, they nerfed all the dmf cards.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/3012-Patch-5-1-PTR-Build-16297-Interview-Garalon-Hotfixes-Blue-Posts-Weekly-Roundup?#comments
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
11/13/2012 10:37 AMPosted by Hashtaggyolo
I have skipped dailies COMPLETELY on my druid and I am 474 ilvl. Been there for about a month.

That's funny since you have a necklace that requires Revered with Klaxxi. You also have a crafted piece, some free gear (1 piece that isn't available anymore) and some gear from Sha that you had to get entirely lucky on (not like me who gets double gold more often than not).
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
XMog would be a better example of Blizzard not listening. A lot of us pleaded to relax the restrictions. We even went as far to point to other MMOs that have had an appearance feature for years (even pointing to the MMO that introduced it to the genre: EQ2). Blizzard said they might relax the restrictions at a later time. That's been how long? Comfortably over a year now. Many of us asking for less restrictions even said that it be closer to never when they would relax the restrictions. I could go into all the other details about XMog that we pleaded for them to change so it was not arbitrarily restrictive. We used constructive threads and posts. We were ignored and are still being ignored.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
11/13/2012 10:51 AMPosted by Narakuu
This whole post is a waste of time. Well thought out, but a waste of the OP's time. This thread will be deleted by a manager without actual Blizz employees ever knowing it existed.
am guessing your blind?
11/13/2012 10:35 AMPosted by Daxxarri
I have one question: Where's the proof?

The OP has a point.. They did specifically say that they felt it was too much for players to feel that they had to grind reputations for head and shoulder enchants and then they turn around and put the enchants for other slots behind reputations.

Not really. They're different things. The enchantments were absolutely, without-question mandatory, because there was no other way to obtain those particular power increases no matter what else you did in the game.

The current dailies might feel that mandatory to some particularly progression focused players, but it is entirely possible to skip them, and the gear they provide, pretty much entirely and still arrive at the same level of character potency.

No doubt someone will mention profession recipes. Profession recipes have virtually always required some hoop jumping - ranging from RNG raid drops to rep grinds; the best recipes have always required a little something extra.

I have one question: Where's the proof?

I'm not interested in citing the entire massive list directly, but World of Warcraft has a long history of adjustments in response to player feedback. A couple simple recent examples would be raising the Arena and Rated Battleground base point caps or the upcoming changes to the way that Pandaria faction reputation is gained by alternate characters on an account.

When something you feel strongly about hasn't been changed, that doesn't mean that we've dismissed feedback. In fact, sometimes we really like a suggestion, but implementing it doesn't quite fit into the schedule yet, or there are technical or design reasons why it doesn't fit into the game yet. Sometimes, we want to wait til we can implement a more elegant solution. And, of course, sometimes we simply disagree that a particular change is the right course for the game. Nonetheless, in none of these cases is feedback dismissed - it was still taken into account during the decision making process.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
11/13/2012 10:48 AMPosted by Snow
And, of course, sometimes we simply disagree that a particular change is the right course for the game.
You don't say this enough. Many thread topics that are spammed throughout the week would be cut down or at least be confined to one thread if you would simply state, "this is how it is", more often.

there's actually a good reason they don't say it often. Things change. Before they said they would never allow PvE to PvP realm transfers, it made some happy, it made others accept it. Then they changed and people called them hypocrites and got mad. So in a sense either saying nothing or saying "Not at this time" is better in the long term.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]