Sick of Blizz Lies about hearing feedback

90 Troll Hunter
It would be nice if they'd listen to us about people stacking mounts on NPCs.

It would be nice if they could make a zone around these NPCs no one can cross. Close enough to click on, not so close as to hide the NPC. Or something. Anything.

It would be nice if every Thanksgiving, etc., we're not frustrated trying to access NPCs.
Reply Quote
72 Gnome Priest

It would be nice if they could make a zone around these NPCs no one can cross. Close enough to click on, not so close as to hide the NPC. Or something. Anything.

It would be nice if every Thanksgiving, etc., we're not frustrated trying to access NPCs.

They have already addressed the multi-person mount bug. They will fix it when they are able to fix it.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin

Finally, as Zarhym mentioned elsewhere. We are paying attention and want to do better in the future. We're not in a position to completely re-work the way players interact with dailies on-the-fly, right-this-second. That expectation is unrealistic. We are always interested in learning better ways to approach these design challenges and make fun and compelling content, though.

Could I get a refund on the whole expansion? I'd earnestly take it if I had a chance. The dailies make this feel like a chore and you guys knew better. You know dailies suck.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter

They have already addressed the multi-person mount bug. They will fix it when they are able to fix it.

I'm going to make a prediction: they cannot fix the two-person mount bug. When crossing into a cross-realm zone you are disconnected from one server's IP address and connected to another server's IP address (your character is moved to whichever server is hosting that zone at that particular time). It's the same reason why when you take a flight path you remain on your own server and ignore CRZ. If flight paths were connecting and disconnecting to each cross-realm zone along the flight path, your character would disconnect (and plummet to their death or automatically land at the next flight stop forcing you to choose the flight path again). The problem with cross-realm zones is not that these issues are bugs, they are evidence of a problem with the design of cross-realm zones. CRZ was put into place without all the possible ramifications considered.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
11/13/2012 10:35 AMPosted by Daxxarri
upcoming changes to the way that Pandaria faction reputation is gained by alternate characters on an account.

That's a bad example to be citing. The complaint was "we don't like mandatory grinding for rep, and especially don't like the idea of grinding for rep on alts." Instead of fixing the problem (the grind), you just made it a marginally faster grind for alts.

But, let's go down that list, shall we.

Over widespread community disagreement, you removed Have Group; Will Travel. While you never gave an official explanation, the best I can gather from the green-posting wolves in sheep's clothing is "something something world pvp, something something get people into the world" and the ever popular "OMG just get a Warlock." Despite people pointing out how harmful that choice has been to pve servers and raiding, it remains in place.

You nerfed our ghost movement speed perk for no apparent reason, and when people objected responded with a lukewarm "it was hotfixed on such and such a date."

Despite repeated explanations that while dailies are not forced on us, anyone who is at all interested in raiding feels compelled to do them. The only people defending you on this are the high-level raiders whose position is less "no one has to do them" and more "if you don't want to do it, you suck, noobs."

Despite repeated explanations that CRZ causes more harm to levelling and exploration than it solves, you have done literally nothing to change it. I don't even try for things like the TMPD, but it is annoying (especially doing old content).

So, if you'd like to go point by point, that's fine, but you're not being entirely fair if you really believe this is just a matter of "we listen, but don't always agree."

Hell, I'll ask for just one: give me a single good reason why you got rid of HG; WT.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage

you're so eager to shoot down complaints about CRZ. Take some time and read what is written. It's not about the multi person mount bug.
Reply Quote
1 Human Warrior
11/18/2012 01:44 PMPosted by Astore
Hell, I'll ask for just one: give me a single good reason why you got rid of HG; WT

so you go out into the world and actually see the zones. i.e. one person goes out to the raid and uses HGWT and the rest of the raid doesnt have to leave the city to get to the raid.
Reply Quote
72 Gnome Priest

How does covering NPCs with mounts have anything to do with the multi-person mount bug?

Failure to read correctly.

I do wish there there was a knockback effect to these people that stay in one place too long on an NPC, or at least a bubble around NPCs.
Reply Quote
72 Gnome Priest

you're so eager to shoot down complaints about CRZ. Take some time and read what is written. It's not about the multi person mount bug.

You are correct. I was mistaken. I would have to agree with the post.

Also, I wasn't "Shooting down" a CRZ complaint. The point about the CRZ bug is a valid complaint (It's severity may b up for discussion). I was pointing out the fact that it been mentioned in a blue post already.
Edited by Litlhelp on 11/18/2012 3:45 PM PST
Reply Quote
72 Gnome Priest

I'm going to make a prediction: they cannot fix the two-person mount bug. When crossing into a cross-realm zone you are disconnected from one server's IP address and connected to another server's IP address (your character is moved to whichever server is hosting that zone at that particular time). It's the same reason why when you take a flight path you remain on your own server and ignore CRZ. If flight paths were connecting and disconnecting to each cross-realm zone along the flight path, your character would disconnect (and plummet to their death or automatically land at the next flight stop forcing you to choose the flight path again). The problem with cross-realm zones is not that these issues are bugs, they are evidence of a problem with the design of cross-realm zones. CRZ was put into place without all the possible ramifications considered.

I believe that the can, eventually fix this bug, but it won't be for a long time. They obviously missed this when they designed the CRZ, or could not overcome a limitation in design, and don't have any way to fix this unless they change some core communications within CRZ.

It is obvious from Blizzards own statements that this will probably have to be a major patch to fix this. Also, they may not be wanting to assign the amount of designing resources needed to fix this quickly because they probably don't see this as a gamebreaking bug that effects a large number of people, and they are under pressure to create new content quickly to keep people playing in Pandara happy.

I know this won't make a lot of people happy, but you might want to get used to it, if you want to keep playing WOW. Or you can just keep hoping that they reverse CRZ. Whie there may be a lot of backdoor discussions, every statement Blizzard made seems to indicate that CRZ won't be going away anytime soon.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
11/18/2012 02:40 PMPosted by Wesleysnipe
Hell, I'll ask for just one: give me a single good reason why you got rid of HG; WT

so you go out into the world and actually see the zones. i.e. one person goes out to the raid and uses HGWT and the rest of the raid doesnt have to leave the city to get to the raid.

This would imply that meeting stones are bad as well; it only takes two people to start summoning an entire raid to the raid location. It's a little bit of a longer process, but it accomplishes the same goal.

HGWT was removed for another reason: the perk was allowing people to skip through entire sections of raids to get to the boss that they wanted without actually beating previous bosses.

In effect, it was 'cheating' the system.
Reply Quote
93 Undead Death Knight
11/18/2012 03:28 PMPosted by Wexlur

This would imply that meeting stones are bad as well; it only takes two people to start summoning an entire raid to the raid location. It's a little bit of a longer process, but it accomplishes the same goal.

HGWT was removed for another reason: the perk was allowing people to skip through entire sections of raids to get to the boss that they wanted without actually beating previous bosses.

That does make some sense, but I would think that they could fix this with more barriers behind the bosses. I had thought that they explained the removal of HGWT because they want more people to explore the content.

Had anyone used this to port a raid into Org or Stormwind? I had, some time ago, stealthed around Stormwind and Ironforge (Pre HGWT), and may years laterthinking how cool is sounded to be able to bring an entire 40 man group into the heart of the city all at once.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
It would be nice if you two were remotely talking about the same thing I'm talking about, or else would stop quoting me in your unrelated posts.

Once again, for clarity: It would be nice if every holiday a bunch of pathetic attention hogs would stop parking their single-person mounts on top of the holiday NPCs we need to access, making it impossible to get to said NPCs and get anything accomplished.

It would be nice if this complaint hadn't existed for years and years and years, and Blizz could solve this problem.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter

I believe that the can, eventually fix this bug, but it won't be for a long time. They obviously missed this when they designed the CRZ, or could not overcome a limitation in design, and don't have any way to fix this unless they change some core communications within CRZ.

It is obvious from Blizzards own statements that this will probably have to be a major patch to fix this. Also, they may not be wanting to assign the amount of designing resources needed to fix this quickly because they probably don't see this as a gamebreaking bug that effects a large number of people, and they are under pressure to create new content quickly to keep people playing in Pandara happy.

I know this won't make a lot of people happy, but you might want to get used to it, if you want to keep playing WOW. Or you can just keep hoping that they reverse CRZ. Whie there may be a lot of backdoor discussions, every statement Blizzard made seems to indicate that CRZ won't be going away anytime soon.

I'm hopeful they'll fix things too but I'm feeling pessimistic given their seeming commitment to "damn the torpedoes, full-speed ahead" with cross-realm zone design. I think they're giving up too much about the game for this one concept. This ties into this thread about feedback -- these issues were reported in the beta months ago and still here we are.

In their initial roll-out of cross-realm zones, they thought it was ok to subject the player base to 12 or 15-hour time jumps between zones, destroying timed events and making the game unpredictable for turn-ins. Even the current 3-hour jump limits when players can interact with these events (heck, we'll probably never have timed events ever again). In addition, cross-realm zoning extends to sub zones within larger zones so that I can be standing next to a mob and yet I cannot see it because of a cross-realm zone boundary. You can see this in numerous places such as the area around Razorfen Downs and the Barrens for example. What your character can see is not what may actually be there anymore. And this was all done so people could see a few more people while questing? I can accept it's probably here to stay but I don't understand how this rationale calls for breaking the underlying nature of the game and I think it's a huge mistake in the long-run.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Priest

Here's my biggest concern with your post, even though it's technically true.

The same thing was said to me about CRZ . . . back in the beta.

It's been more than one patch since CRZ was released. . .

Also, yeah, they totally can disagree with people and do whatever they want.

What I would appreciate, however, is for Blizz to be more frank about it.

Frankly, they mislead people and give them false hope thinking that creating a giant thread for them to rant about complaints. But frankly, it's all for nill.

So yeah, I'm not complaing really about CRZ, brawler's guild, or dailies.

I'm complaining about horrible PR that initially gives me hope, but leaves me feeling nothing but mislead and bitter.

Well I can sympathize with you in that regard to a degree. I was pretty disappointed about the Dance Studio being scrapped even though it was one of the features listed on the box that the game came in! That was the closest to false advertising I think they ever got so it's possible that maybe they learned from that and are more careful today about what they tell us? It's hard to know, they don't tell us. ;)

While it's true there has been some patches, Blizzard has said before that some things come with major content patches. Sort of a bundled-fix deal, I guess? I'm not trying to defend their stance, I'm just trying to offer perhaps a different consideration. It's impossible for me to think that any business would intentionally tick off its customers, but on the same token they can only do so much.

Don't forget about aerial combat vehicles printed on the original "Wrath of the Lich King" box. Then we're told that WE turn things into broken promises. When it's advertised on the product's box and not delivered what do you expect?
Edited by Sendji on 11/18/2012 5:36 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest

That does make some sense, but I would think that they could fix this with more barriers behind the bosses. I had thought that they explained the removal of HGWT because they want more people to explore the content.

Had anyone used this to port a raid into Org or Stormwind? I had, some time ago, stealthed around Stormwind and Ironforge (Pre HGWT), and may years laterthinking how cool is sounded to be able to bring an entire 40 man group into the heart of the city all at once.

HG:WT was changed back sometime in 4.1-ish when rogues would stealth to the end of an instance, summon the group, and get instant valor/justice/bag (whatever was level appropriate). It was changed so HG:WT could only be used OUTSIDE instaces OR right next to the portal on the inside, I think within 10 yards of the portal/spawn-in point. In Raid Finder, this also included Loot Ship MkII, the encounter in EoE, and also the Maelstrom - but once again, only within a certain distance from the portal.

The reason it was removed is more likely due to CRZ - If our raid on Feathermoon is in Orgrimmar, and someone flies out to Ony, then tries to summon us, it will fail - we don't exist on whatever realm it is CRZ put Duskwallow Marsh in.
The only way it would work now would be within that 10 or so yards from Instance portals - which removes a huge chunk of its purpose to aid low-level characters and move raids quickly.

Another possible reason may be the fact that it was used, often and constantly, in FTA/FTH raids - one rogue stealths to a safe spot near the faction leader, summons the raid, and there is no time to call in a defense of any kind - an instant 40-man raid takes out the boss, other than the mage who remains in the safe corner building a portal out, or the one person waiting in the next city to use HG:WT to summon the raid out the instant the leader dies.
I saw this in Org late one night, around 1AM server time on Feathermoon while investigating Local Defense. By the time the news traveled through Trade and our "defense force" channels, Garrosh was at 30% and dropping. By the time any defense raid started forming, he was dead, and the raid was gone.
..... It didn't stop me from going in and dancing on his corpse, though.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
11/18/2012 03:28 PMPosted by Wexlur

That bug was fixed early on, HGWT was only useable outside the instance portal after the fix. Your example hasn't been valid since probably 4 months into Cata.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]