Sick of Blizz Lies about hearing feedback

90 Blood Elf Paladin
11/18/2012 06:12 PMPosted by Eliarana
That bug was fixed early on, HGWT was only useable outside the instance portal after the fix. Your example hasn't been valid since probably 4 months into Cata.

I did not know that. Then again, I was in and out for the majority of the last expansion; my job had me on some odd hours. Odd being closer to 'the cray-cray.'

11/18/2012 05:36 PMPosted by Briyanna
Another possible reason may be the fact that it was used, often and constantly, in FTA/FTH raids - one rogue stealths to a safe spot near the faction leader, summons the raid, and there is no time to call in a defense of any kind - an instant 40-man raid takes out the boss, other than the mage who remains in the safe corner building a portal out, or the one person waiting in the next city to use HG:WT to summon the raid out the instant the leader dies.

I had never even considered that it could be used in an opposing faction's city.

I guess, in the grand scheme of things, I am too much of a 'sporting' player when it comes to things of that nature.

But it then again, people abusing the system to take advantage of a loophole should be expected.

And this is why we can't have nice things.
Edited by Wexlur on 11/18/2012 7:43 PM PST
Reply Quote
67 Gnome Priest
11/18/2012 05:36 PMPosted by Briyanna
The reason it was removed is more likely due to CRZ - If our raid on Feathermoon is in Orgrimmar, and someone flies out to Ony, then tries to summon us, it will fail - we don't exist on whatever realm it is CRZ put Duskwallow Marsh in.

Now normally I would think this is just another conspiracy theory, but this might possibly make sense (stress might). They may have had trouble getting HGWT working properly cross realm so they decided to remove it rather then delay it's release any longer.

But this would effect any summons, such as a meeting stone or a warlock summons, so it still sounds a little weak. But you say that summoning (I would assume warlock summons) does fail cross realm? This would be interesting if true.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
11/18/2012 07:41 PMPosted by Wexlur
That bug was fixed early on, HGWT was only useable outside the instance portal after the fix. Your example hasn't been valid since probably 4 months into Cata.

I did not know that. Then again, I was in and out for the majority of the last expansion; my job had me on some odd hours. Odd being closer to 'the cray-cray.'

Another possible reason may be the fact that it was used, often and constantly, in FTA/FTH raids - one rogue stealths to a safe spot near the faction leader, summons the raid, and there is no time to call in a defense of any kind - an instant 40-man raid takes out the boss, other than the mage who remains in the safe corner building a portal out, or the one person waiting in the next city to use HG:WT to summon the raid out the instant the leader dies.

I had never even considered that it could be used in an opposing faction's city.

I guess, in the grand scheme of things, I am too much of a 'sporting' player when it comes to things of that nature.

But it then again, people abusing the system to take advantage of a loophole should be expected.

And this is why we can't have nice things.

I had heard that this would be a possibly even before they added it. I just did not know if anyone had done a raid on Stormwind this way.

As with the raid fix, they could have just made the major cities a no-summons area if they really did not want people to use it this way. If the raid exploit was fixed, but the raid on the cities was not changed, I would assume that blizzard felt it was ok to leave it this way.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
Ehhh after reading all the blue posts i decided i'll throw some feedback into this feedback feedback?... eh

CRZ is awesome for me. I love World PVP. Yes i hate getting ganked, but i wouldn't play on a pvp server if i didn't want to. TLPD? 2-3 years trying to get him. Right. Yellow is an ugly color anyway hehe.

Dailies =/= Rep grinding. Hate it. I've always hated doing repeatable quests everyday just for something special. It's boring and just makes me rage. Although i have been doing my dailies until of late (boredom kicked in...)

Humor for the blue! (i forgot your name already lol.) I've also forget what the rest of the post said.

For all the other people here. This seems to be the way the game is going. They do make changes based on feedback which is awesome, but some changes are not the greatest. (i really don't like the talent respect system btw. Buy a bunch of tomes to respec everything else. Or pay 63g EACH to just do it in a couple click...) I actually stopped playing in cataclysm. I'm back full throttle in MOP. Must be doing something right! If you don't really like how the game is going, you don't have to play it anymore.

Just remember! Positive feedback = Positive changes!

/rawr

(edit... spelling..)
Edited by Rambalize on 11/19/2012 2:36 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
The reason it was removed is more likely due to CRZ - If our raid on Feathermoon is in Orgrimmar, and someone flies out to Ony, then tries to summon us, it will fail - we don't exist on whatever realm it is CRZ put Duskwallow Marsh in.
The only way it would work now would be within that 10 or so yards from Instance portals - which removes a huge chunk of its purpose to aid low-level characters and move raids quickly.

We used CRZ all the time when we did multi-server raids for ICC. Never had a problem. And since I haven't heard a peep from warlocks about not being able to summon cross-realm friends, I'm guessing it doesn't affect them (could be totally wrong, any warlocks with knowledge to the contrary please tell me so).

11/19/2012 02:35 AMPosted by Rambalize
For all the other people here. This seems to be the way the game is going. They do make changes based on feedback which is awesome, but some changes are not the greatest. (i really don't like the talent respect system btw. Buy a bunch of tomes to respec everything else. Or pay 63g EACH to just do it in a couple click...) I actually stopped playing in cataclysm. I'm back full throttle in MOP. Must be doing something right! If you don't really like how the game is going, you don't have to play it anymore.

We can certainly take our money elsewhere. That we don't might just suggest that we do enjoy this game but there are things that are hurting our ability to enjoy it.
Edited by Kimjongheal on 11/19/2012 2:53 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman

Just taking a guess here but I would think Blizzard generates a lot of its information just by watching how people play. What content they do and don't do, player activity, time spent playing, etc.

Your guess is spot on. We are constantly gathering and analyzing information on gameplay. Raw data is tremendously useful, but it doesn't really offer context, which is why other sources of information are essential.

Yes, for example, i have done a lot of dailies, most of them i hated (speciallty Golden Lotus, Shado Pan which are full of bugs and Klaxxi).

If you ee the raw data, you could get the impression that i like doing dailies, because its mostly the only thing besides raiding i am doing.

But in truth, what is happening is that daiies consume all my time some days, and other days after doing the daileis even when i have time to play, i am burned out from the game.

Seriously, dailies are killing the game for me....
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman

No, no, what he's saying there is that you can skip dailies and valor entirely as neither is mandatory.

You can grind dungeons to get up to the minimum ilvl for LFR and then grind LFR for more ilvls to do higher LFRs and then use that gear to be at the "same level of character potency" to do normal/heroic raids as everyone else who actually spent their VP for gear.

That said, I still think it's a silly (to be nice...) design to essentially lock the spending of VP after you earn them, unless you grind a second time.

"Grind once to earn, grind twice to spend!"

I hear you on this and second it.

Yea but be careful what you wish for; one alternative out of this is to reduce or remove the association of dungeons to valor and valor rewards, or to implement a lower dungeon valor cap (similar to arena cap) where you won't be able to cap without doing dailies. That would more closely tie the earning and spending activities to dailies together. I mean, they can rethink the entire concept of valor for dungeons.
Edited by Firestyle on 11/19/2012 11:57 AM PST
Reply Quote
Community Manager
I've seen the following statement I made quoted a few times:

Your guess is spot on. We are constantly gathering and analyzing information on gameplay. Raw data is tremendously useful, but it doesn't really offer context, which is why other sources of information are essential.

The responses it has received suggest that the responders didn't read the most important part of that statement, though:

Raw data is tremendously useful, but it doesn't really offer context, which is why other sources of information are essential.

We know that raw data doesn't give us the whole story regarding why players are doing one thing or another in-game - we're always trying to fill in the context behind why players make the choices that they do. It's not enough to know that an activity or feature is popular, it's important to try to understand why.
Edited by Daxxarri on 11/19/2012 12:11 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]