Sick of Blizz Lies about hearing feedback

86 Dwarf Death Knight
11/13/2012 10:51 AMPosted by Eilu
We got them back but its still case in point. A perfect example.

A perfect example that they changed because of feedback?
Reply Quote
A couple simple recent examples would be raising the Arena and Rated Battleground base point caps or the upcoming changes to the way that Pandaria faction reputation is gained by alternate characters on an account.

I don't really agree with the OP's premise that Blizzard never listens, but this is a really bad example of Blizzard listening to feedback. It is, in fact, a prime example of Blizzard completely missing the point of feedback. We asked for an alternative to the daily grind, especially for alts, and you gave us a way to make the rep grind quicker. That isn't a solution to the issue we've raised.

The OP is quite hyperbolic, but I kind of see where he's coming from. Obviously, Blizzard has done a good job of listening to feedback historically, but -- and this may be my imagination -- it does seem like you're taking more of an, "our way or the highway" philosophy lately. Don't like dailies? Too bad; we're not offering an alternative model of progression. Don't like CRZ? Too bad; there's not going to be an opt-out.

I think you guys have forgotten -- or never realized -- that one of the things that made WoW so great was that it was a "big tent" game where people had a lot of choice in how to play. Moving away from that is only going to lead to players feeling disenfranchised.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock

Profession recipes have indeed been a matter of a little extra something but getting those slightly higher end MOP recipes involve a hell of a lot more. Some of those recipes require you to not only be revered with Lotus but then you must also rep with shadow pan.........

Truly higher-end recipes don't even exist yet. They'll come out during the second and third tiers the same way they did in previous expansions.

Why does it matter that they require shadow-pan or august celestial rep? That isn't any different than past expansions either, or the original game, just that those two are gated behind GL, which isn't even a big deal.

I spent more time getting Mongoose during TBC than I would spend getting exalted with the Celestials, even if I skipped every other day.
Reply Quote
3 Worgen Druid
11/13/2012 09:43 AMPosted by Erras
The fact that Cata was the way it was proves they listened to us. And it ended up being terrible (for a lot of people, at least). I've come to realize that the less they listen to us, the better the game will be.

Honestly, I do find myself in agreement with this statement. And I am certainly glad Blizzard has started taking matters more into their own hands, and less into the hands of the community.

Sure, MoP does have some quirks that should be worked out, but it certainly does still beat Cata by a long shot. I'm a happy customer.
Reply Quote
11/13/2012 10:44 AMPosted by Jabrezzul
They did add "The Wakener" title we have been asking for, and I am glad they reverted that awful Pyroblast cooldown.

Source?

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/7540458/Patch_51_PTR_Patch_Notes_%E2%80%93_November_2-11_2_2012
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
And btw... if some ppl are so sure of what and how should be, i think the best idea is for you to go out there and make your own game =) i play WoW because i like WoW, i play when i feel like it, i do things that i feel like doing, i like Pandaland and my little pokemons... and all CRZ is increased population, i don't truly grasp what is wrong with that...
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter

Where's the proof?

1) CRZ - THEY FIXED THE BUGS!
2) Brawler's Guild - BMAH puts up 5-10 of these a day so can't be controlled...
3) Dailies - You don't have to do them. I've yet to get one piece of gear from these rep vendors and I'm doing just fine getting gear from LFR and the Heroics you can EASILY do in blues...

So from what I can see all 3 of your posts are trolled which is exactly what everybody else is telling you. I understand you have plenty of time to troll forums since servers are down and all but wow man... grow up and stop crying
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Here's a thought. Blizzard wants to know how we feel, ask us. Put out a survey. You don't reply, you don't get heard. They could even make it one of those "we're too stupid to read what you say" rate between 1 and 10 on how you feel about the direction of the game. Just because 15 million people don't log on the forums and gripe doesn't mean there isn't a majority of people that have an opinion, positive or negative toward the changes in this game. I've been playing since 3 months of the game starting. With every expansion there have been things I loved and things I thought they missed the mark on but the blue posters are starting to get downright snarky and last time I checked customer service means just that... CUSTOMER SERVICE. If you don't give a hoot about how we feel then shut down the forums and run amok at your leisure but if the CUSTOMER takes the time to post their feelings and pages and pages of people are agreeing with the op then maybe just maybe there are a bunch of other people sitting in the background figuring if no one listens why should they bother? I've loved this game to death and I've played it religiously without breaks. I've built a guild that I'm proud of and is coming up on 4 years of existence. You have managed to take the one thing I've detested in this game and made it the core of my game play and that's dailies. You say they're not "required" but if you are a crafter, they're required. If you want to raid effectively, they're required. If you have multiple crafting characters.. god help us they're required on all your characters. It took a few of my guild members to basically start poking me on a regular basis to make it far enough with dailies to be able to raid with my guild but I swear if it wasn't for my guild, I'd walk away and never look back. So here is my challenge Blizzard. You want to know how we feel.. ASK US. Put out a survey, God knows you have everyones email address so this shouldn't be too tasking. Then put in a system that can automatically grade the responses of the surveys. If the majority of people really really hate something you've implemented then step up to the plate and admit you screwed up and fix it. You surely in the millions of dollars you make in subscriptions can scrape up a few dimes to make this happen. Don't sit back and read our posts.. or say you read our posts and then when the rubber meets the road tell us to suck it up, buttercups.
Reply Quote
80 Pandaren Mage
Instance out the Brawler's Guild to hold a maximum of 20 people per instance, allowing people to watch still and drastically reduce queue times. This still creates a hang out spot that isn't in front of the AH. With queue times brought down this way, invitations no longer have to be camped out on the BMAH, and are now obtained through a questline starting in Org/Stormwind that requires to kill certain npc fighters out in the world before getting an official invitation. No more pissed off poor people, (like me) feature still says the same, and we dont end up unsubbing because you (Blizzard) have decided to make the only "fun" feature of 5.1 into a wait to get to try game that has us stay subscribed longer when it doesnt need to.

There's a specific, and realistic, way to change entry into the Brawler's Guild that doesnt piss everyone off. You can just mail the checks to my home, and mark them with cash.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
11/13/2012 10:35 AMPosted by Daxxarri
I have one question: Where's the proof?

The OP has a point.. They did specifically say that they felt it was too much for players to feel that they had to grind reputations for head and shoulder enchants and then they turn around and put the enchants for other slots behind reputations.

Not really. They're different things. The enchantments were absolutely, without-question mandatory, because there was no other way to obtain those particular power increases no matter what else you did in the game.

The current dailies might feel that mandatory to some particularly progression focused players, but it is entirely possible to skip them, and the gear they provide, pretty much entirely and still arrive at the same level of character potency.

No doubt someone will mention profession recipes. Profession recipes have virtually always required some hoop jumping - ranging from RNG raid drops to rep grinds; the best recipes have always required a little something extra.

I have one question: Where's the proof?

I'm not interested in citing the entire massive list directly, but World of Warcraft has a long history of adjustments in response to player feedback. A couple simple recent examples would be raising the Arena and Rated Battleground base point caps or the upcoming changes to the way that Pandaria faction reputation is gained by alternate characters on an account.

When something you feel strongly about hasn't been changed, that doesn't mean that we've dismissed feedback. In fact, sometimes we really like a suggestion, but implementing it doesn't quite fit into the schedule yet, or there are technical or design reasons why it doesn't fit into the game yet. Sometimes, we want to wait til we can implement a more elegant solution. And, of course, sometimes we simply disagree that a particular change is the right course for the game. Nonetheless, in none of these cases is feedback dismissed - it was still taken into account during the decision making process.

Your quick mention of the profession recipes is a bit lacking in info and sugar coated? Profession recipes have indeed been a matter of a little extra something but getting those slightly higher end MOP recipes involve a hell of a lot more. Some of those recipes require you to not only be revered with Lotus (in order to even start shadow pan) but then you must also rep with shadow pan.........
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
11/13/2012 10:55 AMPosted by Elementie
And btw... if some ppl are so sure of what and how should be, i think the best idea is for you to go out there and make your own game =) i play WoW because i like WoW, i play when i feel like it, i do things that i feel like doing, i like Pandaland and my little pokemons... and all CRZ is increased population, i don't truly grasp what is wrong with that...

Just because you love a game does not mean you can't have serious issues with it. A friend and I both love playing WoW itself but are pretty pissed about 5.1, it's like Blizzard is trying to turn us off of the game.
Reply Quote
1 Pandaren Rogue
11/13/2012 10:35 AMPosted by Daxxarri
Sometimes, we want to wait til we can implement a more elegant solution.

How long do you plan on waiting before changing dailies? Another million or so subs lost? Make no mistake, people will burn out under the current model.

I already have, to an extent. I've done them once, but I won't be doing them on any alts (and at this point by extension, I have no desire to even level any alts).

While I can admire what the developers were trying to do with dailies, it simply isn't the right choice.
Reply Quote
86 Blood Elf Priest
11/13/2012 10:54 AMPosted by Parham
We got them back but its still case in point. A perfect example.

A perfect example that they changed because of feedback?

A perfect example they change their story to meet their needs. the change back was not instant but I enjoy how you try to not see the very clear point I made with THEIR posts.
Reply Quote
91 Orc Hunter
except for some minor bugs CRZ is fine and you don't have to do dailies
I want the mount reward from Shad Pan - Exalted. How do I get there without dailies? I'm glad there's another way to get exalted outside of dailies, can't believe I missed it!

If they hear us, and appreciate our feedback, they could at the very least, strike a middle ground. Dailies are lengthy and boring, and even in 470+ ilvl I'm finding mobs just take too long to go down; who here actually likes taking 10 seconds to kill a single generic unnamed quest mob... then needing 11 more of them? "The Bigger They Come" is one of my least favourite dailies of all of them, from any faction. High hp, packed mobs, and spawn camping. That's been the daily on my server for the last three days. Thank Jeebus I only need 4 of those.
Edited by Cozzene on 11/13/2012 11:03 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Warrior
I think their stocks show a little bit more disappointment in this expansion then they really want to admit. The expansion itself, I feel, is overall a joy, but it seems CRZ and the return of massive amounts of dailies has indeed turned people away. Whether they are mandatory or not, boring crappy content is boring and crappy.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Death Knight
UE
11/13/2012 10:54 AMPosted by Zuljit
You don't say this enough. Many thread topics that are spammed throughout the week would be cut down or at least be confined to one thread if you would simply state, "this is how it is", more often.

there's actually a good reason they don't say it often. Things change. Before they said they would never allow PvE to PvP realm transfers, it made some happy, it made others accept it. Then they changed and people called them hypocrites and got mad. So in a sense either saying nothing or saying "Not at this time" is better in the long term.
Well that's fine. They can state their reason for it and say not at this time. I'm for more posts stating intent.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Priest
Food for thoughts.......

If Blizzard wasn't listening to the feedback:
How come the community is so divided between the ones considered complainers, and the ones considered to rage about all those changes and nerfs because of the complainers?

Blizzard listens a lot. And often enough they listen even too much.
Edited by Phunkey on 11/13/2012 11:04 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]