Sick of Blizz Lies about hearing feedback

90 Undead Rogue
One example on what I was talking about when I said that Blizzard tells us what we want and don't want is a response that Nakatoir posted in regards to a spectator mode.

Now I'm not arguing that there should or shouldn't be a spectator mode implemented into the game and I fully understand that it would be something extremely major and would take several hundred if not thousands of hours of work to implement.

My argument is simply that Nakatoir's response is that a spectator mode is something that we wouldn't use.

You also have to remember that while there are players that want a spectator client, the number that would actually use it regularly or even continue to use after its initial release is quite low.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/5937443702

Blizzard should take that same response and apply it to Scenarios. But instead we hear how great Scenarios are and how we love them.

The fact that Blizzard constantly responds to feedback telling the community what we want and don't want is absolutely pathetic.
Edited by Tomms on 11/19/2012 7:07 PM PST
Reply Quote
26 Draenei Shaman
Posted by Keppet
I don't particularly like CRZ either. However....the people on the forums do not constitute the majority of the players in the game. Even if each post was made by a different person.

How long did it take you to realize that? Isn't that pretty obvious?

Good question, how long did it take YOU to realize that I was pointing it out to someone else that did not seem to find it quite so obvious, and not just now finding out for myself.

In LK and Cata, the gear supplemented your character, and did not supplant it. Same thing with patterns and formulae. It'll be a cold day in Uldum before I drag my level 85 warlock through 3 months of grinding just to be able to learn enchants, despite the fact those enchants are pretty much required for competitive end game raiding.

Even WOTLK required rep for recipes. Rep you could only get by raiding. There was gear that required dailies to obtain.

You still had to jump through hoops to get what you wanted. This is no different.
Reply Quote
26 Draenei Shaman
And THAT fail argument isn't stale and hasn't been debunked a bunch of times already.

Regardless of what you have been spoon-fed by the development staff and others with a bad case of fanboyitis, the forums, as a general rule ARE a self selecting sample which always skews the results. On that much we agree.

So if you don't agree with an argument, you label it stale and the person who posted a fanboy?

Doesn't make it any less true...

(and you're assuming that the number of people who do post are actually representative of those who don't. You don't know that...)
Edited by Keppet on 11/19/2012 8:24 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Death Knight
11/19/2012 06:52 PMPosted by Nassin
I see the usual trolls have been dragged out of hiding in their CRZ fan clubs by this post.

Man, you start out so hostile right from the start. All this negative energy will just make the Sha of Anger much more powerful.

If you ask me, I think I would have a tough time judging the actual troll post.

How long did it take you to realize that? Isn't that pretty obvious?

Sarcastic much?

11/19/2012 06:52 PMPosted by Nassin
It may not be a "failure" yet, but it's yet another example of how Blizzard gives us a big run-up to a feature, building all sorts of hype and expectations, then throws in a "gotcha" at the last minute that not only ruins any hype they built up, it ends up being yet another broken promise.

Sounds of past disappointments I believe.

For a game, and XP, that is more casual-friendly than ever before, the amount of people who seem to think hardcore grinding should be required to remain competitive with other players is somewhat surprising. If anything, I was expecting Blizzard to make it easier, not harder, to experience end-game content. It's somewhat of a letdown that after how beautiful and enjoyable levelling from 85 to 90 was, that the endgame is nearly unreachable beyond LFR difficulty unless you have many hours to devote to the game each week. I used to be able to run DS10 6/8H in 2-3 hours; now, being retired from raiding, I sit and watch my guildies need 2 3 hour nights of raiding just to get 2/6 in MV, mostly due to the fact that no one has time to grind reputations to get geared sufficiently enough to make the content in 10 man normal doable without needing to be perfect in their execution.

Sounds like they have been listening to feedback, that of all the hard core players complaining that gear is too easy to get.

Of the players who played Burning Crusade, if they were to be polled, I suspect that this "feature" would rank somewhere near the absolute bottom of things they wanted to see returning in MoP. In LK and Cata, the gear supplemented your character, and did not supplant it. Same thing with patterns and formulae. It'll be a cold day in Uldum before I drag my level 85 warlock through 3 months of grinding just to be able to learn enchants, despite the fact those enchants are pretty much required for competitive end game raiding

soooooo, you want all everything as soon as you ding 90? Then what will you do until the next expansion?
Reply Quote
Well another friend threw in the towel today.

I went over to his house and after some talking he deleted his toons and canceled sub due to World of Dailiescraft. Really sad to see this happening more and more. We need our rep tabards back.
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Paladin
@ Nassin - PUH LEEZE! Where is the grind for recipe at in MoP? Enchanting is the only profession in this expansion where you truely need to grind rep to get mandatory end game recipe. All other recipes are available at honored. My rogue got is LW at honored with Golden Lotus...this pally only needs honored with Klaxxi to get his BS recipe...my Priest got his tailoring recipes at honored with Golden Lotus....WHERE IS THE GRIND? SHOW ME!!!!!

Where do I need to get exalted to get recipes? WHERE? Unless you are an Enchanter grinding for prof recipes just DOES NOT EXIST!
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Paladin
Well another friend threw in the towel today.

I went over to his house and after some talking he deleted his toons and canceled sub due to World of Dailiescraft. Really sad to see this happening more and more. We need our rep tabards back.

The sad part of all this is that Blizz has bend over backwards for the casuals like you and Meiyun and at the end of the day all they get is a bunch of people coming in here with my so and so friend just cancelled because of too many dailies...oh I can't stand WoW anymore....blah blah blah. Never has this game been more friendly towards the casuals than ever before. You are pretty much able to get the very same gear that are available to most normal raiders. But noooooo.......too many dailies....I need to get all the gear NOW! and FAST!
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock

The sad part of all this is that Blizz has bend over backwards for the casuals like you and Meiyun and at the end of the day all they get is a bunch of people coming in here with my so and so friend just cancelled because of too many dailies...oh I can't stand WoW anymore....blah blah blah. Never has this game been more friendly towards the casuals than ever before. You are pretty much able to get the very same gear that are available to most normal raiders. But noooooo.......too many dailies....I need to get all the gear NOW! and FAST!

Honestly, it amazes me when I hear that people are incapable of making a simple decision to just play the parts of the game they enjoy. We've needed more things to do for so long, and now we have them people start complaining because they invented reasons to make them mandatory for themselves and refuse to admit to themselves things just aren't the same as in earlier expansions. If people keep on thinking "if it's there I have to do it", they're going to burn themselves out, and the only thing that can change that is those people themselves realizing that they really don't have to.
Reply Quote
87 Blood Elf Hunter
The OP is very correct. For a simple and current example, there has been an outcry of people asking for the option to opt of crz's, yet Blizzard won't implement that policy; even though major issues with CRZ's break parts of the game, they still won't give us an opt out option.

Seriously if CRZ's are so great and everyone will love them, then why no opt option?!? Again, like the OP clearly states, it's all the hypocrisy of Blizzard and their "You must play our game the way we intend for you to play it" mentality.

Gawd, I really miss the days of cool options; like paladin healers in cloth, going 21/5/15 in a talent spec, etc... But those obviously never confirmed with Blizzard's motto (see end of previous paragraph).
Reply Quote
26 Draenei Shaman
Honestly, it amazes me when I hear that people are incapable of making a simple decision to just play the parts of the game they enjoy. We've needed more things to do for so long, and now we have them people start complaining because they invented reasons to make them mandatory for themselves and refuse to admit to themselves things just aren't the same as in earlier expansions. If people keep on thinking "if it's there I have to do it", they're going to burn themselves out, and the only thing that can change that is those people themselves realizing that they really don't have to.

People will always find a reason to complain. They will also always insist that if they don't get their way, they're leaving and they're just absolutely sure so many people feel the same way that they're sure they'll get what they want...

It reminds me of a scene in "tough guys" between Kirk Douglas and some kid ordering frozen yogurt, and constantly changing his mind.
Reply Quote
26 Draenei Shaman
11/19/2012 08:58 PMPosted by Calyssa
The OP is very correct. For a simple and current example, there has been an outcry of people asking for the option to opt of crz's, yet Blizzard won't implement that policy; even though major issues with CRZ's break parts of the game, they still won't give us an opt out option.

Just because they haven't given people one thing they want, doesn't mean they haven't listened. They've done a lot of things people have asked for, and the refusal to, thus far, not change CRZ does not negate those things.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
11/19/2012 05:01 PMPosted by Rambalize
it's much harder than it sounds... they've explained that and it's not number 1 priority either. More important things to do atm.

Yes, they've been spending all this time working hard on the 8th anniversary letter.[/quote]

I'm pretty sure 1 guy wrote that or something. Probably took 20 seconds lolol
Reply Quote
65 Gnome Priest
11/19/2012 08:58 PMPosted by Calyssa
Seriously if CRZ's are so great and everyone will love them, then why no opt option?!? Again, like the OP clearly states, it's all the hypocrisy of Blizzard and their "You must play our game the way we intend for you to play it" mentality.

Seriously? Hypocrisy? It kinda is how they have been doing things since they created World of Warcraft, or any other game before and after that. You really think if they don't immediately change the game just for you that they don't listen to feedback?

It an Artistic Creation, not an accounting software package. You can't just make an option for everyone to make everyone happy. Here's a button to add CRZ, and another to skip dailies. Oh, here's a button give me epics off every boss. Here's one to make dungeons harder. And another to make it easier. How about an option put a force field around me while I level on a PVP server.

As with any artistic creation, they would very likely want to make the game enjoyable for as many people as possible, but they will, in the end, follow their own design. Not too hard to understand.

Yes, and bring on the moronic "Fanboy" comments. I am just pointing out the simple truth that feedback will likely direct development, but that doesn't mean that the players create the game. People give them suggestions and opinions, but it's still on the development team to make the choice of how they want the game to be made.

I don't see how the developers of the game could ever want to hear the "Feedback" from these forums. Nothing but hate for a game they claim to love.
Edited by Litlhelp on 11/19/2012 11:02 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
11/19/2012 12:26 PMPosted by Daxxarri
Any ETA on CRZ fixes? Not troling/whatever but i am interested when all the bugs are going to be worked out. Good Luck all!

No specific ETAs, but there are some changes coming in 5.1 that may help address some of the issues with the timing of holiday events, confusion over realm time zone changes, and the like.

are they ever going to change it so if i leave my pve server to play with a friend, I wont get flagged because they are on a pvp realm?

that is one of the most annyoing parts of CRZ for me personally.... we try to help each other but we get ganked alot
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]