Sick of Blizz Lies about hearing feedback

90 Troll Hunter
11/13/2012 11:27 AMPosted by Snow
Yes, you are, because you didn't do the content that gave you that chance. As someone said in another thread, 'every advantage I don't take is a penalty'. Sure, ASSUMING your coins don't give you gear then you would be in the same place than if you hadn't done it. However, you won't KNOW if they didn't work unless you actually do it so by not doing it you have a 100% chance of not gaining that advantage.
And the system is set up for a player that puts in more effort than another to have more character progression. "Every advantage I don't take is a penalty", only applies to top players. The bar for raiding most content players are doing is set low. Get your dungeon gear and do sha every week and you will progress through the instance before the tier is over. If you want do do heroic content you will need to put forth the extra effort of dailies and lfr.

A system that lets players separate themselves from other players though effort is good. It encourages effort.

It's not even effort! It's just time! It would be one thing if we still had split raid locks. Then you could say that someone who does both 10 and 25 are putting forth the extra effort for their gear. This is completely gated content that requires little to no thought and at least an hour of time. It's not engaging content, most of it isn't even fun. That's not 'putting in extra effort', that's someone suffering through content they don't enjoy simply to try and get ahead in unrelated content. That's the difference. At least in Cata you could do dungeons over and over and those are vaguely related to raids. Here you are doing gated quest content in order to not lose extra chances at raid gear and to fill slots that aren't dropping for you in raids. Anyway, I'm done arguing this. I'm fairly sure the overwhelming majority of the playerbase are already tired of dailies if they've been doing them at all, most people I know don't even do them anymore because they can't stomach another day of them. They feel bad because they know they are losing an edge and sort of disrespecting the time of their raid but there comes a time where you can't do something mindless every single day in order to improve something fun you do 2-4 days a week.
Reply Quote
85 Human Warlock
CRZ is awesome. I always hated leveling in zones that were people-less. It's depressing. It's nice to see players on a regular basis. I don't understand what there is to hate about it...

Rare hunting? Who cares. More competition = less people with that item (ie TLPD or Aeonaxx). That's good... rare = special. Especially with account-wide mounts.
Reply Quote
83 Human Priest
11/13/2012 11:34 AMPosted by Ariannas
If two-seater mounts aren't going to get fixed, might as well get rid of the refer-a-friend mounts and just make them 1 person mounts.

i want a 2 seat magic broom!
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
I agree with u op Blizzard is all smoke and mirrors to tell yea the truth. There are so many great examples of them saying A then doing B.

Example is Diablo 3 They released it promising a PVP aspect to the game ... 7 months later no PVP in fact I don't even think they have mentioned the PVP aspect of the game in the last few months.

CRZ is another great example obviously I am on Area 52 where a "Extremely High Population Server"... I have noticed with rare mini pets such as "plagued whelp and mini inferno" they are not just heavy camped at restarts its absurdly camped. When I nabbed my Mini Inferno there where a minimal of 30+ people in the area.

Please don't tell me its optional to do and is not required. Video games are something fun and are meant to be enjoyed. Great example is Splinter Cell Conviction there are different ways to play and enjoy the game and your not penalized for using them. Why should World of Warcraft be any different?

Back to CRZ when blizzard first talked about the idea it was touted as a way for us to play with our friends on Different realms. This idea is great and should have been ran with. Instead we have a system where 8+ servers are throw together on the same realm which is not fun. This system obviously has many many draw back's.

Blizzard will never admit this and to tell yea the truth they will never be held accountable for there actions. I hate to admit this but with today's society people will huff puff and cry but never try to hold anyone accountable for the wrongs done to them.

As a player base to tell yea the truth we deserve exactly what we get. Assuming OP really does quiet I applauder him because he is one of the very few who will take a stand and say I am tired of it. Sadly the OP will most likely be one of the very few who does and blizzard will toll along making billions and producing garbage content the masses are unhappy with but will accept anyway.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Priest
11/13/2012 11:34 AMPosted by Seraphimilim
You know, people would probably have a higher opinion of the blue team at the moment if you guys would stop cherry picking out the "easy" posts to answer.

So when they don't reply, people complain. When they do reply with useful information, people still complain. Okay, carry on.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Death Knight
11/13/2012 09:48 AMPosted by Solaru
I have one question: Where's the proof?

In case you missed it...

Players: We want to change the way our armor looks.
Blizz: No. We are dead set against this. We have a theme and a vision for how things are to look....etc.
Players: PPPPLLLLLEEEEEAAAASSSSEEEEE!!!!
Blizz: Ok...lets do it but we'll start slow.
Players: Thanks for listening Blizz.

Anyone noticed at all that the pvp gear is just recolored and only helm/shoudlers got a remodel?
Reply Quote
91 Blood Elf Mage
There is so much !@#$ that needs fixed in this game. I just wish they would fix the obvious. I mean they have 8 hours of down time and I log back in to the same game with the same bugs.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
forum mods, stop locking threads that people are giving their feedback about this extension bs.

that is, if you want to keep people resubscribing to blizzards services.

youre just going to have more new threads for us to tell you how we feel about this nonsense.

we will not stop until we get a serious response, not a locked thread. if you want to keep it all in one thread, then MAKE ONE.

They always lock threads when there are 50000 of them about the same thing. 5 or 50 will do fine.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Mage
i kinda find it hilarous that most of the people that are talkin hella shyt are too afraid to show there real toon on the forums but instead use a lvl1-5 in its place for a mask.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Death Knight
UE
It's not even effort! It's just time!
Taking the time to do something is effort. Judging from many many posts on the forums, it takes a lot of effort to do dailies.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Warlock
You mean the one that just got a huge nerf? Yeah, they nerfed all the dmf cards.

No! Bad! Stop pointing to data-mined content as fact. The change that got picked up was actually an adjustment to Darkmoon Card trinkets for Challenge Mode stat scaling.

OMG Daxx, you just made my day!. Here I was wishing I could get a 12% refund on my DMC purchase :)

To OP: you are off base in several ways:

1) Game development is NOT a democracy. Blizzard listens to our feedback and then may opt NOT to listen to it. Their game, their rules.

2) Nothing but nothing is behind rep grinds that are mandatory for raiding. If you can't get to an enchant yourself, you can buy on one the AH or have one made by a guild mate.

[Edit: It is a fair point that we have no way to spend our VP pre-5.1 without rep grinds Daxx. They've got you there. Unless of course you want to do away with the paltry VP cap.]
Edited by Scathbais on 11/13/2012 11:46 AM PST
Reply Quote
91 Blood Elf Mage
11/13/2012 11:40 AMPosted by Coldnflu

In case you missed it...

Players: We want to change the way our armor looks.
Blizz: No. We are dead set against this. We have a theme and a vision for how things are to look....etc.
Players: PPPPLLLLLEEEEEAAAASSSSEEEEE!!!!
Blizz: Ok...lets do it but we'll start slow.
Players: Thanks for listening Blizz.

Anyone noticed at all that the pvp gear is just recolored and only helm/shoudlers got a remodel?

I wish I had the ability to choose the color scheme of my gear.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Death Knight
UE
CRZ is another great example obviously I am on Area 52 where a "Extremely High Population Server"... I have noticed with rare mini pets such as "plagued whelp and mini inferno" they are not just heavy camped at restarts its absurdly camped. When I nabbed my Mini Inferno there where a minimal of 30+ people in the area.
Yah so rare pets are rare. There is suppose to be competition for them. If anyone could go get them anytime they wanted, they wouldn't be all that rare. People really need to get over the competition argument against crz. There is suppose to be competition.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Hunter
11/13/2012 10:35 AMPosted by Daxxarri

The OP has a point.. They did specifically say that they felt it was too much for players to feel that they had to grind reputations for head and shoulder enchants and then they turn around and put the enchants for other slots behind reputations.

Not really. They're different things. The enchantments were absolutely, without-question mandatory, because there was no other way to obtain those particular power increases no matter what else you did in the game.

The current dailies might feel that mandatory to some particularly progression focused players, but it is entirely possible to skip them, and the gear they provide, pretty much entirely and still arrive at the same level of character potency.

No doubt someone will mention profession recipes. Profession recipes have virtually always required some hoop jumping - ranging from RNG raid drops to rep grinds; the best recipes have always required a little something extra.

I'm not interested in citing the entire massive list directly, but World of Warcraft has a long history of adjustments in response to player feedback. A couple simple recent examples would be raising the Arena and Rated Battleground base point caps or the upcoming changes to the way that Pandaria faction reputation is gained by alternate characters on an account.

When something you feel strongly about hasn't been changed, that doesn't mean that we've dismissed feedback. In fact, sometimes we really like a suggestion, but implementing it doesn't quite fit into the schedule yet, or there are technical or design reasons why it doesn't fit into the game yet. Sometimes, we want to wait til we can implement a more elegant solution. And, of course, sometimes we simply disagree that a particular change is the right course for the game. Nonetheless, in none of these cases is feedback dismissed - it was still taken into account during the decision making process.

Most times I feel bad that you have to reply to people like this, they are simply never happy in there lives.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]