<25[H] Avacyn> LFM

90 Pandaren Shaman
Avacyn is a newly formed guild here on mug'thol, created and led by highly experienced and skilled players (top 15 us 25 man experience THIS tier) both in MOP and previous expansions. With the implosion of our previous guild, in lou of trialing and sitting bench for the rest of the tier in another guild (Which is what always happens when you trial in a top end guild during progression), we have decided instead to take our chances with forming our own guild.

A brief list of our collective accomplishments:
US top 30 4HM
US top 20 t5 Clear
US 18th Archimonde
US 23rd Illidan Stormrage
US 14th Eredar Twins
Cleared BC in the top 50 US
US top 30 Zero Light
15% Heroic Lich King 25

With the obvious difference in raid difficulty our goal is to resume 25 man progression as soon as it is practical. However, we are willing to take the time we need to ensure that our roster is as strong as possible before doing so. This will take time, but in return you will be among others who take the game as seriously as you do, and put in the same amount of effort with the same expectations of results that you do.

What we are looking for:
-Adaptability:
Nobody cares when you killed madness, or how good you were in cata, wrath, bc, etc. The game is constantly changing and your class along with it, if you do not take the time to stay on top of your class changes, then you are wasting ours.
-Resourcefulness:
We need players who can think for themselves and perform necessary tasks without being told to mid pull. We expect all classes with raid cooldowns to know their order in the rotation and be ready with cooldowns as needed. We expect battle reses to be used at the earliest possible time without being called for and without overlapping cooldowns. We expect all raiders to know the roles of their fellows and be able to pick up the slack in the event of an emergency/bad rng.
-Preparation:
We expect all raiders to be outside the instance with freshly updated addons, full consumables and repaired equipment before invites go out. We expect all raiders to show up for progression with as much foresight into a new encounter as possible. Most people even at the high end hardcore or semi-hardcore still try to limit their raiding to around 14-18 hours per week. This schedule has been successful in the past, but only in guilds where people come prepared, and not wasting an entire hour out of a raid night being told how the encounter works. If you would like to raid 25+ hours per week, then that may be an option.
-Attitude:
The trait we desire most in our recruits is the willingness to improve, no matter how good you already are. There is a sickening trend in this game of bad players who think they are amazing. At the top end, its the exact opposite. The best players in the world do not sit around drooling over their wol parses, they constantly seek ways to do better. We desire recruits who can accept and indoctrinate criticism, who can admit to their mistakes and improve upon them.
-Gear:
As a new guild we are not requiring any specific item level and far from best in slot. What we want to see, however, is that you have put all of your resources into perfecting the gear you can obtain. If you feel that a 463 blue is not worth putting an enchant on because you can just be carried to 502 gear, look elsewhere. Someone who has completely min/maxed their half blue half raid finder gear will impress us much more than someone with 497 pieces filled with green gems and 50 cent enchants.

We should have our level 25 guild transfered over by next week, until then feel free to send an in game mail to myself or kuroashi or wisper us in game if we do not appear to be busy.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
I'll be in contact with you!
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Hunter
^
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Our guild has struggled with recruitment, we have two tanks and two heals with US 200 experience and 3 of us have played together for awhile. We're interested in merging, and 3 of us have dedicated off specs, and want to get back into heroic progression as soon as possible.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
11/13/2012 07:48 PMPosted by Nascennt
in lou of

What the hell is the world coming to when it takes over 20 hours for somebody to point this out?!

Sounds like a hyperaggressive derpfest, as most New Xpac guilds are. Diva syndrome errywhere!
Reply Quote
What a nice bump
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
Did you get the name from MTG?
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Hunter
The name is from a Mace, that's all i'm going to say :)
Reply Quote
^
Reply Quote
^
Reply Quote
^
Reply Quote
Avacyn is a newly formed guild here on mug'thol, created and led by highly experienced and skilled players (top 15 us 25 man experience THIS tier) both in MOP and previous expansions. With the implosion of our previous guild, in lou of trialing and sitting bench for the rest of the tier in another guild (Which is what always happens when you trial in a top end guild during progression), we have decided instead to take our chances with forming our own guild.

US top 30 4HM
US top 20 t5 Clear
US 18th Archimonde
US 14th Eredar Twins
US top 30 Zero Light
15% Heroic Lich King 25

With the obvious difference in raid difficulty our goal is to resume 25 man progression as soon as it is practical. However, we are willing to take the time we need to ensure that our roster is as strong as possible before doing so. This will take time, but in return you will be among others who take the game as seriously as you do, and put in the same amount of effort with the same expectations of results that you do.

What we are looking for:
-Adaptability:
Nobody cares when you killed madness, or how good you were in cata, wrath, bc, etc. The game is constantly changing and your class along with it, if you do not take the time to stay on top of your class changes, then you are wasting ours.
-Resourcefulness:
We need players who can think for themselves and perform necessary tasks without being told to mid pull. We expect all classes with raid cooldowns to know their order in the rotation and be ready with cooldowns as needed. We expect battle reses to be used at the earliest possible time without being called for and without overlapping cooldowns. We expect all raiders to know the roles of their fellows and be able to pick up the slack in the event of an emergency/bad rng.
-Preparation:
We expect all raiders to be outside the instance with freshly updated addons, full consumables and repaired equipment before invites go out. We expect all raiders to show up for progression with as much foresight into a new encounter as possible. Most people even at the high end hardcore or semi-hardcore still try to limit their raiding to around 14-18 hours per week. This schedule has been successful in the past, but only in guilds where people come prepared, and not wasting an entire hour out of a raid night being told how the encounter works. If you would like to raid 25+ hours per week, then that may be an option.
-Attitude:
The trait we desire most in our recruits is the willingness to improve, no matter how good you already are. There is a sickening trend in this game of bad players who think they are amazing. At the top end, its the exact opposite. The best players in the world do not sit around drooling over their wol parses, they constantly seek ways to do better. We desire recruits who can accept and indoctrinate criticism, who can admit to their mistakes and improve upon them.
-Gear:
As a new guild we are not requiring any specific item level and far from best in slot. What we want to see, however, is that you have put all of your resources into perfecting the gear you can obtain. If you feel that a 463 blue is not worth putting an enchant on because you can just be carried to 502 gear, look elsewhere. Someone who has completely min/maxed their half blue half raid finder gear will impress us much more than someone with 497 pieces filled with green gems and 50 cent enchants.

We should have our level 25 guild transfered over by next week, until then feel free to send an in game mail to myself or kuroashi or wisper us in game if we do not appear to be busy.
Reply Quote
15 Gnome Mage
Need More DPS :)
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Hunter
^
Reply Quote
1 Undead Rogue
raid times and days established yet?
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
Talk about an interesting little contradiction you make....

-Adaptability:

And then previously you decided to list your own accomplishments, so if our kills do not matter to you, why does this matter to us?
US top 30 4HM
US top 20 t5 Clear
US 18th Archimonde
US 14th Eredar Twins
US top 30 Zero Light
15% Heroic Lich King 25
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
If you apply the concept, it actually proves my point entirely, each tier, each expansion, for the most part, involves significant changes to each class, each role, each specialization, to be able to stay consistent through multiple tiers in multiple expansions

That being said, I acknowledge that I did not play cataclysm for the most part, which is why I took the time to explore my class to the fullest on beta, as to avoid being a complete liability to my raid group/guild in this tier.

What you have quoted simply establishes that I would want my raiders/guild mates to do the same
Reply Quote
^
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
if you guys are interested in melee dps, i've got a few questions. if either of you can add my battletag, its ozomatli#1921. appreciated
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
I've got a rogue if your still in need of melee dps
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]