What Raids do YOU solo as a Warlock?

90 Human Warlock
At 85, I could do MC (lol faceroll), all of AQ ruins, all of AQ temple except for twins/c'thun, fagtheridon, gruul's lair, karazhan, and most of TK. Mostly just focused on MC for the legendaries and kara for the horse, though. With TK, I'm sure I could go all the way, but I got bored halfway through. ;)

I really should try it all again as a 90, as I'm sure it's easier than ever.
Edited by Alma on 10/30/2012 12:49 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
10/29/2012 01:37 PMPosted by Lokthen
Curious (since I'm also an engineer). What do you use to get past Razorgore? I'd love to try and get my hands on tier 2 if I could do so without pestering other guildies.

You have to rocket boost then parachute/glider onto one of the ledges to the side of where the orb is. What you do is you kill the first guy and his 2 adds, then Razorgore will run at you. Make sure yo get aggro on him by doing a little damage. Then get on that ledge(make take some practice) and set your demonic teleporter up there. when you get up there he will evade and you'll instanhtly gain aggro on all the adds. Once you jump down all the adds will stay on you and you can control the orb in peace. What I did is I used glyph of DA in demo with the soul link+GoSac setup so the adds would never kill me even though I just stood there.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
10/29/2012 11:22 AMPosted by Lokthen
How do you solo Kologarn? My brother and I went in on 25 man to try for Mimiron's head, and determined that we MUST have 5 people because of his right arm grip mechanic grabbing and auto-killing 3 people at a time.

Does he grab the main tank? If he doesn't, the answer is solo it. Make sure you don't have a pet out either.

There's videos of warlocks soloing kologarn 10-man pre-MoP (so at level 85).

Turns out he can grab the tank (and people not even in the room), however his grip is disabled if you solo him. So solo: easy. Duo: Impossible.

And learning we can change to 25 man after getting to Yogg in 10 man helps considerably.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock

How about that? you just grab feathers, fly and zerg?

Pretty much.

I've been running with my normal spec/glyphs, with Glyph of Conflag changed to Glyph of Siphon Life. Sacrificing my Voidwalker.

Soulstone yourself before pull, run up and make the Firelord near Rhyo run away then just die and rez to clear the little adds. Then when she does her tornados, stack Immolate to it's max duration and fly over there. You get a nasty DoT for being out of bounds but you can heal through it with practice.

Aim to have 4 embers stacked for the tornado phase, then start with Shadow Bulwark (Voidwalker ability), and Ember Tapping 2-3 times as needed. When the damage starts getting higher, pop Unending Resolve, Dark Regen and Glyphed Healthstone. Then Dark Bargain at the end if needed, which I haven't been needing the last 2 weeks. If it gets messy you can also Death Coil one of the nearby critters, and use the last Ember Tap as well.

Haven't been able to kill her in one lap yet hence why that is necessary.

Awesome, I want to try this now. Question, how do you deal with the trash before you get to Aly? Trash soloable too?
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock

How do you solo Kologarn? My brother and I went in on 25 man to try for Mimiron's head, and determined that we MUST have 5 people because of his right arm grip mechanic grabbing and auto-killing 3 people at a time.

Sorry I just now noticed this.

Just kill the right arm before it grabs is all I did. I was doing 10m though and not 25m so it might be different, but I did die once. I would just kill the right arm, dps the boss, and kill the right arm again when it spawned.

I was finally able to solo Reliquary of souls, so most of BT is now soloable. I still don't think I can do council though, but haven't tried yet
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock

Sorry I just now noticed this.

Just kill the right arm before it grabs is all I did. I was doing 10m though and not 25m so it might be different, but I did die once. I would just kill the right arm, dps the boss, and kill the right arm again when it spawned.

I was finally able to solo Reliquary of souls, so most of BT is now soloable. I still don't think I can do council though, but haven't tried yet

I've done all of BT a few times, only reading guides when absolutely stumped. Most everything is easy enough to figure out for yourself.

Reliquary is a nuisance, but my best approach so far is a Soul Link Voidwalker parked in the room, with me around the corner with the wraiths. Grimoire of Service and Imp Swarm for non-mana damage sources. Use no Fury at all on first face, the unload EVERYTHING on the second guy, after the initial unload, portal out to your corner and put the pet passive, let the boss wander back and forth (applying dots while you still have lingering fury/mana) as you wait on a new Doomguard/Service/Swarm to pop out.

Council was a mild nuisance solo, but I am sure you can figure out a way to get them without death. However.... Soulstone yourself before the fight, and when you die wait for the doors to open before you use the stone, heal up and re-engage. You'll find that the shared health pool for the council returns to what it was when you died previously. Proceed to mop them up with no issues whatsoever.

On Illidan... the only problem issue is burning down the two big guys faster than they try to burn you. If you approach it as "ho-hum, another fight phase" you will likely die. But if you focus fire on one of them and kite away, you will likely not be touched at all. The phantasms are a nuisance, and if you ignore them after the fight they can kill you before the loot is available.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock

Pretty much.

I've been running with my normal spec/glyphs, with Glyph of Conflag changed to Glyph of Siphon Life. Sacrificing my Voidwalker.

Soulstone yourself before pull, run up and make the Firelord near Rhyo run away then just die and rez to clear the little adds. Then when she does her tornados, stack Immolate to it's max duration and fly over there. You get a nasty DoT for being out of bounds but you can heal through it with practice.

Aim to have 4 embers stacked for the tornado phase, then start with Shadow Bulwark (Voidwalker ability), and Ember Tapping 2-3 times as needed. When the damage starts getting higher, pop Unending Resolve, Dark Regen and Glyphed Healthstone. Then Dark Bargain at the end if needed, which I haven't been needing the last 2 weeks. If it gets messy you can also Death Coil one of the nearby critters, and use the last Ember Tap as well.

Haven't been able to kill her in one lap yet hence why that is necessary.

Awesome, I want to try this now. Question, how do you deal with the trash before you get to Aly? Trash soloable too?

Yes the trash is soloable as well.

You will need Shadowfury for the trash.

Pull the trash and Shadowfury the 2 casters as soon as they start casting, then drop Infernal for 2nd cast. After that they will die from the birds, just make sure to be standing on top of the casters so that's where the birds target first.

After they die, run over to an egg pile, and slowly stutter-step around the egg pile so the hatchlings are getting caught in the birds fire and are getting killed by it. They CAN be stunned with Shadowfury too, to help kill them. Once the first egg pile dies, run over to the other one and rinse/repeat.

When both Egg Piles are down, stand under one of the birds so it kills itself, then do the same for the other. Easy money.

On another note...

Just tried Ony10 for the first time, and it was a lot easier than expected...

Stood there and nuked her for P1. Then when all the whelps came, FNB'd an Immolate onto all of them, dropped Rain of Fire, then Demonic Gateway'd to the other side of the room. FNB'd Incinerates made short work of them after that. Then just nuked her again for P3.
Edited by Devïance on 11/3/2012 2:57 AM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
I solo Maly and Ony 10 from Wrath, for their mounts
Kael'thas in TK from TBC, for Ashes of Alar
And Garr in MC, for the last friken binding to Thunderfury.

Maly P3 was the hardest until I got some gear, drakes scale by ilvl.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
10/29/2012 07:06 AMPosted by Curseword
So far just MC but I am wondering if I can solo some BC raids, specifically SC and TK.
TK is insanely easy as demo with DA. I banged my head in cata with my 400ilvl blood dk to get it done, but DA just makes it trivial. You dont even need to kite the 4 adds thru the raid anymore. And KT didnt drop me below 80%. Try it. I have been working on yogg 0 light 25 man for mimis head, but it is taking some attempts to get it down smoothly and try different specs =/ The adds pile up fast on 25 tho
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
I have solo'd:

MC (Geddon needs to drop my binding)
BWL (after pets)
AQ10 is easy
AQ40 (after pets and rep)
Onyxia 10
Malygos 10
Sarth 3D 10
VoA 10
Mount Hyjal
Kara
TK The Eye
A little of BT. Still need to work out parts of it
Naxx 10 (cept KT)
Ulduar 10 (cept Thorim, General, Yogg, and Observer)

I have not yet attempted anything else.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
I haven't solo'd any vanilla raids since I collected pretty much all the sets in cataclysm. Every week I do;

Onyxia, EoE, TK, and for the last 3 weeks ulduar 25 with my hunter pet for mog gear

I also did os 3 drakes a few weeks ago to get a friend their first drake mount
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
Had some fun farming T6 over the weekend - mostly solo through Mt Hyjal & BT. Aff the whole time w/ Soul Leech, Mortal Coil & Glyph of Siphon Life, usually sac'ed the VW. A Rogue friend came along both times when I was nearly done, so I can't say that I completely soloed them, but Hyjal was cake up through Azgalor. Does he cast Doom on you if you're by yourself? If so, that might be problematic, if not then he's pretty easy. Archimonde definitely seemed soloable (especially if you don't noob out like I did the first time and forget to pick up your Tears.)

BT was smooth sailing up until the Reliquary, was struggling with him/her/them/it when the same Rogue buddy showed up & wanted to take a shot at a Warglaive. With the 2 of us,RoS & IC were a breeze. Illidan himself seemed soloable - keep your max burst capabilities for the Flame phase.
Edited by Uragoth on 12/10/2012 12:31 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
How does one go about and kill gorefiend as afflection? and BWL for that matter would like tips =). I'am doing kara for voidheart set did gruul's and magtharadon but i would like to get some tips on the others like tempest keep the eye and so forth. Got felheart set though and iam getting tired of see MC every time I have to in there for something.
Edited by Pamireynn on 1/4/2013 7:38 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
So far just onyxia. I have soloed 25 man onyxia, but usually I'm too lazy and just go 10 man.
Reply Quote
What dungeons/raids can be done in Affliction vs Destro vs Demo-tank style? Are there any drastic changes based on gear level?
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
I was soloing BC raids like Gruul and most of Kara at 80. Chess was pretty much impossible, but I could usually get a second person to come for that.

Lol i as soloing that at 80. At 85 TBC raids and lower are a joke. I just got Warglaive from illidan today and i will try to get the other one tomorrow. It all depends on the gear you have. Pretty must from Cata down you can solo if you have the right gear. Fot the illdri counsel use pet that taunts and keep them off of you while focusing on one for you kill one you kill them all. This goes the same way for blood counsel in ICC. When soloing Illidan save your cd's till the Flames of Azzinoth for they will go berserk in 5 secs after they spawn. LK i soloed him on Heroic and is pretty tough with that necro plague. Avoid his shadow traps and utilize the imps and Immolation aura in your case the Teleport when your grabbed by the valky'r (they can also be stunned) fight by the stairs to void knockbck off the stage and aoe the ghosts when you get trapped in his sword (heroic only) For the first boss in ICC go DA with Shiva/Suc for while tanking him you will not get bone spiked. Going to go for full Heroic elite gear to solo 25 man. The only time i needed heler wwws on the Green dragon part which was a HPS battle

Reliquary is a nuisance, but my best approach so far is a Soul Link Voidwalker parked in the room, with me around the corner with the wraiths. Grimoire of Service and Imp Swarm for non-mana damage sources. Use no Fury at all on first face, the unload EVERYTHING on the second guy, after the initial unload, portal out to your corner and put the pet passive, let the boss wander back and forth (applying dots while you still have lingering fury/mana) as you wait on a new Doomguard/Service/Swarm to pop out.

Fight them as Demo you won't have any mana issues. Demonic fury ill burn them down. Blow Cds on Desire for tht is the one you must watch out for. Soullink is horrid now. Use Sac or Bargain.

Council was a mild nuisance solo, but I am sure you can figure out a way to get them without death. However.... Soulstone yourself before the fight, and when you die wait for the doors to open before you use the stone, heal up and re-engage. You'll find that the shared health pool for the council returns to what it was when you died previously. Proceed to mop them up with no issues whatsoever.

Read above.....I never die from them.

On Illidan... the only problem issue is burning down the two big guys faster than they try to burn you. If you approach it as "ho-hum, another fight phase" you will likely die. But if you focus fire on one of them and kite away, you will likely not be touched at all. The phantasms are a nuisance, and if you ignore them after the fight they can kill you before the loot is available.

Read above......
Edited by Endymios on 1/7/2013 8:54 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
Anyone given Kael'Thas a shot yet? Everything in Tempest Keep was incredibly easy, up until he throws his council at me all at once.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
01/04/2013 07:34 PMPosted by Pamireynn
How does one go about and kill gorefiend as afflection? and BWL for that matter would like tips =). I'am doing kara for voidheart set did gruul's and magtharadon but i would like to get some tips on the others like tempest keep the eye and so forth. Got felheart set though and iam getting tired of see MC every time I have to in there for something.

Didn't have any problems with Gorefiend. I just popped everything and burned him down. No real trick to it as I recall. I do run Glyph of Siphon Life & Soul Leech (for now, anyway) which really cancel out an amazingly high % of the inbound damage in old content.

I would have to think that BWL is cake once you get past Razorgore (stuff will just die soooo fast,) but I've got a paladin guildie working on the Judgment set so I haven't had to try that one alone yet. I have found that the Suppression room is the best use of Fel Flame since sniping Peasants at Lion's Landing, though.
Edited by Uragoth on 1/8/2013 7:17 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
ok now that i did BWL (all bosses) how do i do the trial of the crusader 25man normal as afflection/demon (DA) spec
Edited by Pamireynn on 1/13/2013 6:18 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]