What Raids do YOU solo as a Warlock?

90 Worgen Death Knight
Great thread, great advice. Makes me want to give them a try on my unholy (not blood unless absolutely needed) and gives me motivation to keep leveling my lock. Thanks to all that posted and to the OP for getting it started.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warlock

Awesome, I want to try this now. Question, how do you deal with the trash before you get to Aly? Trash soloable too?

Yes the trash is soloable as well.

You will need Shadowfury for the trash.

Pull the trash and Shadowfury the 2 casters as soon as they start casting, then drop Infernal for 2nd cast. After that they will die from the birds, just make sure to be standing on top of the casters so that's where the birds target first.

After they die, run over to an egg pile, and slowly stutter-step around the egg pile so the hatchlings are getting caught in the birds fire and are getting killed by it. They CAN be stunned with Shadowfury too, to help kill them. Once the first egg pile dies, run over to the other one and rinse/repeat.

When both Egg Piles are down, stand under one of the birds so it kills itself, then do the same for the other. Easy money.

On another note...

Just tried Ony10 for the first time, and it was a lot easier than expected...

Stood there and nuked her for P1. Then when all the whelps came, FNB'd an Immolate onto all of them, dropped Rain of Fire, then Demonic Gateway'd to the other side of the room. FNB'd Incinerates made short work of them after that. Then just nuked her again for P3.

IIRC my current record on Ony10 is like 45 seconds. (although, haven't gone back since I got the drake, maybe something for later on).

But yeah, like the thread says, basically everything up to Cata is more or less an easy solo within reason.

There are a few cockblocks:
1) Vashj (not impossible, just not really worth the effort)
2) Viscidus
3) Fathom-Lord Karathress
4) Thorim
5) Dreamwalker's not doable due to mechanics

Honestly, Malygos, despite giving me the Blue Drake 3 weeks in a row now (yes, that's 3 deleted Blue Drakes now), is one of the more amusing solos just for "let's see how low I can get him before he goes out of range". Current best is 13%.

I haven't tried much on 25 man yet except for a Malygos where I forgot to switch the raid difficulty from 25 to 10 after a trip to Tempest Keep. (Spoiler alert, it wasn't that difficult, just had a moment of "why is my damage so low?" *looks at skada* "the hell?" *glance at maly's hp* "oooooh...oh well, mise well finish this")
Reply Quote
MC
Maly 10
Ony 10
All of Naxx 10
Sarth 10 3d
SSC
BT
Sunwell, just walked past Kal
TK
Gruuls
Ulduar 10 including Algalon
Kara
Hyjal
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
Viscidious is soloable as demo, at least. Imp Swarm FTW. (You don't need to do frost damage to him anymore)
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
For those who have solo'd:
1) how do you solo Kara chess?
2) how do you solo 1st boss in black temple--spiked mechanic
3) how do you solo bwl control orb dragon egg room?

These mechanics don't seem to work solo
Kara I think is just bugged

Would appreciate any input.
Thx
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock

Thx

1) I'm terrible at that and have no idea.
2) you need around 60k or so dps to get him. I was soloing him at 85. All it requires is a ton of burst.
3) You can do it as any spec, but I suggest running DA with soul link+GoSac. The damage done to you will not interrupt the channel, and you have so much hp/passive regen the mobs will never kill you. Even if they start doing damage to you(they wont) you can always harvest life them. As for the eggs, just go around the room useing the "4" key I believe it is on the eggs.
Reply Quote
80 Human Warlock
The chess event is easy, it just takes some practice and a few tries. I do it on my 80s all the time just to get the t4 pieces. You should go in being ready to play at least 4-5 games before you win since sometimes he pops fire repeatedly on the king and you lose. You have to be very quick in switching pieces during the fire too, its nice to get an old DBM loaded so you know when hes going to cheat and you can get the king ready ahead of time.

What I do is start out by moving pieces in front of the king and the mage, so when the fire hits they don't both sit there and die. Then after i have moved 2 pieces i go to the mage and kill pieces 1 by 1 as they approach. As soon as the priest or warlock come into range, nuke them down fast! this will help tremendously. If at anytime the king comes into range start blasting him with the mage, eventually his hp will be so low that when they start to kill your king he will die first. I usually prioritize like this king/warlock or mage/priests if those aren't in range go for the doomguards/elementals. You need to keep a constant eye on the king and mage, i only ever use those 2 pieces. Occasionally i will use the priest to heal but its almost always not worth the time. As long as you are moving them both out of the fire and your prioritzing targets with the mage then you will win eventually. It usually takes me 2-3 attempts everytime i go in but theres no repair bill so who cares.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock

Thx

#2 I haven't done, personally.
#3: Soul Link/Sac - take off all your gear then throw it back on. Kill the controller so you can take the orb, then let the other mobs beat on you while you channel. The self heals from Grimiore of Sac should help glue the adds to you and keep you alive. Throw out an AoE to glue the rest of them to you once the first channel ends.
#1: Move the pawns out from in front of the King and Queen first, then out from in front of one of the Knights. Move the rook out diagonally twice to the center. When Medivh cheats and leaves fire on the king, move him out immediately. Queen too, if he gets that space also.
From that point, make sure to keep the king out of fire, try to drag opponent pieces into it if possible. Remember that your allied pieces will continue to attack if you're not in them.

Videos can be found online, people were soloing it back in BC.

Edit: Robez was right, you have to be ready to run to a piece, get in, move, and IMMEDIATELY right-click the "Control Piece" buff. You get a 10 second debuff called "Recently in game" that you have to wait off before you can hop into the next piece. Get in and out of those pieces like a cheap prostitute and you should be good to win. :)
Edited by Devilwithin on 1/14/2013 4:08 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock

Thx

Swap the first 2 pawns that are in front of the warlock and warchief for they will be set ablaze each time you swap you will not be able to use them for 10 secs so use this wisely. Have the Acolyte behind the Warchief for the heals and his linear attack. Use your wrlock to Hit the King from afar for he has the farthest range. If the King is fighting you warchief make sure your necrolyte is behind him switch to your Necrolyte to constntly heal aand inflict damage on the king. Continue this process till he dies.
Edited by Endymios on 1/14/2013 6:39 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
For Razorgore (first boss of BWL) all you have to do is use Dark apothesis then put you back near the edge behind the orb so that all the enemies who come up the stair to attack you from the front will have a higher chance to miss.

As for the Egg breaking you need to kill all egg within 2 mind control, if you do that they wont have time to kill him, you might also throw a sleep between 2 egg kill on the big dragonkin guys if Razorgore get aggro (number 5 if I remember). Once the timer for the first MC end you might want to do one AoE, but remember you need to re-MC him quick and resume the egg killing if you want to make it in time.

So far i can easily kill him with my lock, my lv90 Druid tank and my lv86 Blood DK.
Edited by Urmomishere on 1/14/2013 10:39 PM PST
Reply Quote

Thx

Hey, I can give you advice about #2 and #3 since I did #3 weekly before I got the pets and the tier, I still do #2 every week.

With number #2, as I only play demo I used the felguard to tank him doing a lot more dmg that the voidwalker so you can let him kill the boss if you get a spike. I usually end the fight with a spike on top of me and the boss dies for the dots and the pet still doing damage.

#3 is all about controlling the orb right away after starting the event, don't kill the guys around the orb, just start the fight clicking the orb to control Razorgore and start destroying orbs that are on the way from the platform where he is to where you are (don't destroy any of the eggs on the boss platform just start with the ones on the floor), try to destroy all that half of the room before the first adds start spawning so when you are by the orb they will aggro your toon and not the boss, then start your way back to the boss platform, some adds will start hitting him, you only need to face them all the time so he can dodge the attacks and reduce his dmg input by a lot (you can rotate him when he is destroying the eggs without interrupting the channeled cast).
If you see that a lot of adds are hitting the boss, stop the orb control and do some AOE dmg and pop a HS if you want, or drain life, most of the adds hitting him will aggro you, he also would put some of them to sleep, after you see some of them aggroed, get back to controlling him (don't let him hit you or stunt you) and finish the eggs, he would have around 3/4 of his life when all the eggs are destroyed, dps him and voila, save your SS because on the next boss you will die.

I have soloed all bosses of these raids: MC, BWL, TK, BT, Hyjal, Naxx 10, Magtheridon, Karazhan.

Worst fights for me would be BT's council and Naxx's Kel'thuzad.
Edited by Raikkonen on 1/15/2013 1:54 PM PST
Reply Quote
73 Blood Elf Warlock
Some people mentioned soloing TK but no one mentioned how to kill the last boss when he sends all his guys in at once, any suggestions?
I'am Demonology spec'd and I'am after the tier head piece that drops on that fight.
Thanks.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Some people mentioned soloing TK but no one mentioned how to kill the last boss when he sends all his guys in at once, any suggestions?
I'am Demonology spec'd and I'am after the tier head piece that drops on that fight.
Thanks.

Easiest but slowest way to do it,

1. Drop Demonic Circle just oustide Kael's room.
2. Engage boss, quickly run to the door and portal past the barrier then run to the beginning of the instance.
3. Wait for the first guy to come after you, kill him, then kill the second guy.
4. Start running back to Kael, you'll meet the Caster about halfway, kill her there.
5. Kill the Engineer next to the barrier.
6. Kill all the weapons, loot and equip the staff.
7. Because the 2 melee are dead at the instance start, you'll have plenty of time to fight the Engineer and the Caster 1v1 before they get close, which makes it easier to kill them again.
8. After all 4 are dead, Kael will come running out of his room, just finish him off.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
Thanks mate will give it a go at 90, see how it goes :)
Also Chess for Kara is the next one to work out but I'll try some of the suggestings here first.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock

1st boss in BTemple is now easy. He won't spike you if you dismiss your demon or sac him. As long as you tank it alone you won't get spiked and won't die. He has a shield or bubble, but it doesn't help him much, and if you just hit him, he dies.

I play as destro and it is an easy fight.

When I am soloing and find I am dying suddenly I go to DK guides: Usually I find out what I have to do is dismiss my pet and then it is fine.
Reply Quote
You can solo all of BC and below as a warlock pretty easily. The one place I'm stuck on right now in Wotlk is Thorim in Ulduar. I'm not really sure how to do it as a warlock yet, but I haven't put much effort into it. It's simple to duo it though.

BWL is tricky to solo at parts. Plus then the suppression room is just annoying. :)

I made a quick video of how to avoid the supression room altogether, not alot of people know this trick so hopefully it helps someone out :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpJoalcYKPQ
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
Thanks.

What Deviance said above:). When I did this fight though I killed the Caster first in Round 2 because of her CC abilities, and stayed 8 yards from her to avoid her fears. Deviance's way might be easier I really don't know. I did the fight as destro, but any spec should work.

I used the guide linked below. It's great whenever I get stuck on anything, or for a quick preview if I don't want to do a lot of reading :).

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6036454104
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warlock
Thanks.

Kael drops tier chest, if you need the head piece you need to do vashj.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]