What Raids do YOU solo as a Warlock?

90 Blood Elf Warlock
One thing about Malygos (at least on 10 man) is that you can bring him all the way down to 1 health before he flies away making the third phase basically nonexistant.

I've been doing it as destro (and for a while too, probably under ilevel 460 the first time), but the idea is basically to save embers for chaos bolt, get the boss to maybe 60%, then stack the sparks after the first vortex. As soon as the second spark goes down go stand in them, pop all your cooldowns and burn him as much as you can (4x chaos bolts), he should get real low if not 1HP by the time he gets out of range.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
I soloed Razorgore this weekend I just sacked my pet and didn't kill the first guys next to the orb so they were taking my health away. The healing from the sac pet buff was enough to get aggro.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
MsV normal
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
02/04/2013 02:23 AMPosted by Solacia
One thing about Malygos (at least on 10 man) is that you can bring him all the way down to 1 health before he flies away making the third phase basically nonexistant.

Great idea, thanks! Feel stupid now not having thought of it, it is clearly the best tactic with our current available burst. I hate phase 3, I think all vehicle fights should die (currently stuck on ICC gunship battle, not really a vehicle fight, but still annoying :). The shorter phase 3 is, the better imo.

I only soloed Oculus once I found the vehicle/drake phase can be avoided completely and done as normal dps. But Malygos was still a pain even if a lesser one.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
01/08/2013 06:09 AMPosted by Xaviel
Anyone given Kael'Thas a shot yet? Everything in Tempest Keep was incredibly easy, up until he throws his council at me all at once.

Here is what I do:

* start fight behind KT, the platform he is on has room to walk around back
* start the fight and kill his first two guys there
* move all the way to the back of the room, and kill the caster/engineer
* stay in the back of the room when KT rez'z his buddies
* as soon as they are up, rekill the caster/engineer fast (easy as AFF)
* it takes a while for the first two guys you killed to run across the room
* finish off these two guys and then KT is super easy
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MCyzkHCs3YQ how to solo thorim
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
I just posted this in another thread, but I supposed I'll post it here as well.

I did it all as affliction (except for one fight) and roughly 470 to 475 iLvl.

BC Content
- Mount Hyjal
- Sunwell Plateau (just walk around the edge of Kalecgos' circle to skip him)
- Black Temple (went demo for council and just AoE nuked it)
- Up to Fathom Lord Karathess in SSC (I'm *NOT* able to do it as aff in this gear, heard it's easier in demo/destro though)
- Gruul's Lair
- Tempest Keep
- Karazhan (bugged chess is a PITA, but doable. I'd recommend bringing a friend, though)

Wrath Content - 10 Man
- Onyxia
- Sartharion (3 drakes up)
- Northrend Beasts in ToC (been told Jaraxxus is pretty easy but haven't tried yet) - If you don't kill snobolds fast enough or get hit by Paralytic Poison, this fight is a PITA
- Naxxramas (even got the remaining achievements I needed)
- Malygos
- Vault of Archavon

I haven't done any Vanilla or Cata content yet. I've been meaning to try Ulduar and ICC but haven't got around to it. Forgot about Magtheridon's Lair, but I don't see that being a challenge.

EDIT: Made a correction. I am unable to solo Fathom Lord currently.
Edited by Dreadlockjaw on 2/4/2013 10:12 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
02/04/2013 09:24 PMPosted by Dreadlockjaw
- Up to Fathom Lord Karathess in SSC (I'm able to do it as aff in this gear, heard it's easier in demo/destro though)

I've solo'd everything but Fathom Lord in SSC, also in Affliction (except Vashj, which took Demo spec, a dozen or more attempts, and lots of swearing).

02/04/2013 09:24 PMPosted by Dreadlockjaw
Forgot about Magtheridon's Lair, but I don't see that being a challenge.

Yeah, it's a piece of cake. Just make sure you clear out the trash on the way down, or you'll spend the first chunk of the fight getting chain-Feared.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
I figured since it was Monday and raids are resetting soon anyways, that I'd try out ICC 10 real quick. With a mix of demo/affliction I was able to down everything from Lord Marrowgar through Blood Queen Lana'thel with relative ease.

Lord Marrowgar - Tank 'n spank using DA.
Lady Deathwhisper - VW tanked her to reduce damage a bit while I dealt with adds.
Lootship - Build up heat and bomb ship as soon as it's visible. Focus on mortar dudes in the back and just ignore the front adds. Kill adds on your ship ASAP before hopping across to kill the sorc/mage. Quickly teleport back and repeat.
Saurfang - VW tank him. Kill adds ASAP. Resummon VW before he dies to prevent taking damage.

Festergut - Because of stacking debuff, I had my VW tank and I nuked him. If you've got high enough dps like myself, you could tank it yourself easily.
Rotface - Tank 'n spank with DA to prevent oozes from spawning.
Professor Putricide - Tanked him using DA. Being the only target, the oozes don't chase you. When P3 starts they all jump you, just pop a healthstone/mortal coil and finish him off.

Blood Prince Council - Tanked all 3 with DA. Blew CDs on Valanar at the start. Make sure your grab plenty of orbs before Keleseth is active (ignored that the first time and the damage added up quick). Ignored kinetic bombs if they weren't already near me.

Blood Queen Lana'thel - Due to the bite mechanic and being solo, you're the only one that can be bitten (she will not bite a pet as far as I can tell). Therefore, you have about 2 minutes to do a little over 14 million damage. I was pulling 156k dps (which means 78k without the bite) and she died with about 1.5 seconds left on the bite.

DA = Dark Apotheosis for any that don't know

From what I can tell, a lot of these fights can simply be zerged down as long as you have enough DPS and self heals because half the mechanics don't do anything when you're alone.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
I've been soloing some of this content for years. Mostly farming rep back in the Wrath days.

Up to this point I've solo'd all of Vanilla, BC (except Vashj - haven't tried, and Kalecgos), Wrath 10 up through ToC (except Thorim) and various Wrath 25 and ICC 10 bosses. I tried Omnitron 10, but couldn't get through the trash; same with Halfus. I haven't tried since I started getting epic gear though.

Viscidius is possible as demo thanks to Chaos damage. iirc it counts as all damage types. Chaos Wave will also 2-shot Chromagus :D

Also if you're having trouble with the first boss of BWL get rid of your pet. I can't ever use the MC device when I have one out. Between MCs I hit Dark Regen and my glyphed Lock Cookie. That generates enough heals to survive the back half of the phase and enough aggro to get mobs off the dragon.
Edited by Inissa on 2/6/2013 10:12 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
In TK on last boss running out of the room is fine and I can kill all the add bosses, equip the staff and kill the add bosses again but when the last boss comes out, 4mill hp, I can get him to 2 mill and its all over.
I'am popping everything and going into Meta when I can but I cant get him down.
Any suggestions?
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warlock
I've done aq(10man or small one), MC, Kara, onyxia, mag and I think that's it solo anyways.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Here is a link to a warlock soloing a bunch of stuff: http://www.youtube.com/user/Spygnesy

I remember (s)he did LK Heroic, some Dragon Soul bosses and some Firelands / Blackwing Descent bosses
Reply Quote
Ulduar is more of a demo job because of the mobs, until the final 2 bosses...
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
I had to stop raiding so I've been soloing stuff for fun. So far I have pretty much all of ulduar 10, ICC 10 up to dreamwalker/princes, and easy stuff like that.
Hardest bosses I've done are Occu'thar(dog boss in BH) which was really just a dps race. I did it in Demo.
I also did Al'Akir as Destro and cut it pretty close. I had like 20% hp left. Had to do Destro/Afflic due to last phase and I just preferred Destro at that time.

Now my question is what should I go for next? My gear is okay, but no where near the heroic levels of the guy in the video Lathun linked http://www.youtube.com/user/Spygnesy

I've gotten Morchok down to 48%. 90k dps, 15k hps, hit by no stomps and got in on all crystals. Was afflic suprem for voidlord. So am I unable to get it just due to gear or what?

Also any suggestions on what to go for next would be great.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
In TK on last boss running out of the room is fine and I can kill all the add bosses, equip the staff and kill the add bosses again but when the last boss comes out, 4mill hp, I can get him to 2 mill and its all over.
I'am popping everything and going into Meta when I can but I cant get him down.
Any suggestions?

I actually do that part as destruction, with a GoSac'd felhunter to interrupt. The only even remotely hard (more like annoying) part is the second round with the 4 adds--after that, it's a cakewalk. Here's why I suggest doing it as destruction instead of demo:

1) Ember Tap. Giving up a chaos bolt here and there for a big self heal is absolutely worth it, and actually trivializes the whole encounter.

2) Sacrificing your pet = no mind control, even without using the legendary staff.

When Kael comes out for the first time, make sure your pet is sac'd, then just hammer away at him with incinerates. Ember tap when low. When he pops his barrier and starts channeling pyroblasts, burn it down, then (once it's down) interrupt him. Avoid the bad stuff. Easy fight if you keep that in mind.

Last phase is even easier...just don't stand near him when he spams the nether beam/whatever, because that reduce-max-hp-by-90% debuff is just awful.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Monk
Viscidius is possible as demo thanks to Chaos damage. iirc it counts as all damage types. Chaos Wave will also 2-shot Chromagus :D

Also if you're having trouble with the first boss of BWL get rid of your pet. I can't ever use the MC device when I have one out. Between MCs I hit Dark Regen and my glyphed Lock Cookie. That generates enough heals to survive the back half of the phase and enough aggro to get mobs off the dragon.

Some extra tips for those--these are what I do, anyway:

Switch to AV for Viscidus. The passive damage reflection is some weird type (shows up as "spell" damage) that counts toward freezing him. Builds up pretty fast, too.

For the first boss in BWL, you can use GoSac for continuous, passive self healing that also seems to pull adds off Razorgore. Then, in between MCs, all you have to drop is drop a HoG (and pop Immolation Aura assuming you're using the DA glyph).

And yeah, the fight against Chromaggus was hilarious as demo. I'm like "Touch of chaos, touch of chaos...oh wait, where'd he go?"
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
MSV and ToES my damage too strong
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warlock
02/26/2013 09:21 AMPosted by Latree
MSV and ToES my damage too strong

No HoF? Weak
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]