CRZ Feedback #11

(Locked)

90 Undead Warlock
Seeing as we hit thread cap again:

Seeing as the mega-threads and minor threads have all capped this shall be version 11.

Bilithi's thread: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6490400373
Sweep's thread: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6489980790
Docterfreeze's thread: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6522892251

Davids CRZ Feedback thread: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6521292325 (first MEGA thread, 546 pages)
Blue post thread: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6679517893 (second MEGA thread, 663 pages)
Drtickles thread: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6864316776 (now deleted)
Alicia's thread: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6893649484
Chorigos's thread: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6893609981?page=1
Numenorian's thread: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6933953578?page=1
Part 7: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6933954542
Part 8: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6934185527
Part 9: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6934196171
Part 10: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7004401004?page=1

Continuing to give constructive feedback. Our voices shall be heard!
Edited by Psychomagus on 10/29/2012 12:32 PM PDT
90 Blood Elf Paladin
It's fine.
90 Human Paladin
10/29/2012 12:31 PMPosted by Zìsh
It's fine.

I agree 100%. Feels more like a mmorpg out in the world again, instead of just a single player game with a queue system.
100 Human Monk
Meh, if I didn't see these threads, I probably wouldn't even have known people don't like them.

The most fun threads though are the people on PvP servers complaining about PvP. It's fun how the try to find the most evasive way to say they don't want to have to PvP on their PvP server.
90 Undead Warlock
This discussion has devolved into a rant of those who are for or against it and nothing more. I think it needs to evolve.

The reason that CRZ is in the game is that there is a financial benefit for Blizzard to do it. It's not about getting you in the world or seeing others players, there are other ways to accomplish that if that was the goal.

However, it was never presented as a way to save the game in the future. By reducing costs it allows them to continue development, it allows them not have to cut other areas.

I don't know if Blizzard doesn't think that its customer base is business illiterate or what, but if they approached the idea by embracing the community they might be surprised at the reason.

If they said 'Hey...if we make CRZ for levels 20-50 it would save us $50 million a year, I would sign up for that in a second. I want the game to be successful, but I don't want to be 'handled' like CRZ is beneficial to me in some way.

What good does it do for me to see a person from another server, that I will most likely never see again? It's not. But if it's good for the game overall, I can buy that.

Just looking for a little intellectual honesty from Blizzard shouldn't be that much to ask for.

I agree. Also, very well written post, Sweet :).
90 Blood Elf Mage
10/29/2012 12:32 PMPosted by Znsk
It's fine.

I agree 100%. Feels more like a mmorpg out in the world again, instead of just a single player game with a queue system.

That's odd because the current CRZ feels like a queue system. Every time I enter a new zone, I am queued into a random set of players from disparate realms, and the zone I am in has a random time zone. As well, of course, there's no predicting who will show up from old zone to new zone.
85 Night Elf Rogue
This discussion has devolved into a rant of those who are for or against it and nothing more. I think it needs to evolve.

I would love that. So what do you all think about not having server identification? We cannot say that Blizzard, while exhorting us to develop our server's community, has ever, in any fashion, attempted or implied server rivalry, can we?
90 Human Mage
I really don't understand what the problem is. In most of those threads people don't like CRZ. Some do, they like seeing random people from other realms they'll never see again, or they like having their time zone messed with or they like omg I see other people! or they like whatever.

But if you went through and counted every unique poster, more wish CRZ would go away then stay.

Either make it optional, limit it to PvP servers so they don't whine about no world PvP or give an opt out (or opt in) option.

I can't even leave the gates of Stormwind and be on my own server for crying out loud. Not to mention the lag, the "your in the wrong zone" messages and having to deal with ***hats from other servers as if my own server doesn't have enough. RP servers are being griefed, which is totally unfair to them, as is the server Proudmoore, not fair.

We rolled on specific servers because those were the servers we wanted to play on. Trying to make the world look more populated so new players think the game is thriving is smoke and mirrors. Not even new players are going to buy it.
85 Night Elf Rogue
10/29/2012 01:03 PMPosted by Sweetpeaz

I would love that. So what do you all think about not having server identification? We cannot say that Blizzard, while exhorting us to develop our server's community, has ever, in any fashion, attempted or implied server rivalry, can we?

Not since battlegroups. Server ID means nothing any longer.

So you do not acknowledge that there is a definable difference as you travel from server to server - within the classifications, naturally?
90 Worgen Priest
10/29/2012 12:45 PMPosted by Superhero
The most fun threads though are the people on PvP servers complaining about PvP. It's fun how the try to find the most evasive way to say they don't want to have to PvP on their PvP server.

They don't get to pvp on their server any more.
100 Blood Elf Priest
For all of you who say we want a single player game, and we just want farming to ourselves, I invite you to point out WHERE in this post, anything is mentioned about wanting a single player game:

Posted by ME in CRZ Feedback #10, original post here:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7004401004?page=11#209
There was more, but context doesn't fit, and has been removed.

So. The breakdown:

Bugs - this has been covered multiple times.
Glitches - this has also been covered multiple times.
Summary of both include:
* Dismount between zones from both single- (rare occurrence) and multi-person mounts (persistent/common occurrence)
* Taxi issues (including flight paths, boats, and zeppelins vanishing when crossing zones, and in the case of boats and zeppelins, chained loading screens, freezing and transporting the player back to where they started or simply in the middle of the transport, which has caused the old "Stuck Falling In Stonetalon" effect of falling through the world unable to logout, become unstuck, or on force-closing the WoW client can cause characters to be unable to log in properly, or to be dead in various zones (commonly Crossroads for Horde players) upon login)
* 5-10 seconds of freezing between zones
* Severe FPS drops,
* Random phasing "realm" changes in Sub-Zones (named areas within a zone, such as, in Northern Barrens for example (in random order, going from memory, and my boyfriend currently flying around checking Sub-Zone names): Gold Road, The Forgotten Pools, The Stagnant Oasis, The Sludge Fen, Dreadmist Peak, Thorn Hill, The Dry Hills, Lushwater Oasis, Shine of the Fallen Warrior Merchant Coast, and towns/quest hubs. I'm sure there are more Sub-Zones, but this list gives a good example of what I'm talking about.
* Time-Zone changes that can result in jarring night-to-day, day-to-night, and abrupt weather condition changes, the lighting effects of which have been known to cause headaches, nausea and in rare occurrences, seizures - all of which are legitimate medical issues; some of the people I know avoid raiding due to the lighting effects causing them headaches and possible seizures.
* World Events do not function properly due to the fact that they may be in a Cross Realm Zone, where the time is never consistent (Brewfest Tapping of the Keg, Burning of the Wickerman, Darkmoon Faire Portal, Gurubashi Arena) - to the point where Fishing Tournaments WERE REMOVED because of CRZ's timing issues.
* Pet Battle spawns do not function properly due tot he fact that they may be in a Cross-Realm zone, where the time is never consistent (Widow Spiderling, Restless Shadeling)

Exploits:
Many of these are called "features of CRZ" and are "working as intended":
* Asking AFK/Low Level Real ID friends to invite them to their low-population or "dead" server to farm
* Asking AFK/Low Level Real ID friends to invite them to their low-population or "dead" server to gank/grief/harass

Forced Work-arounds:
* In outdoor groups/raid groups, for events, World PvP raids, RP events so all participants are on the same server
* In outdoor groups/raid groups, to ensure all participants are on the CORRECT server (in the case of Cross-Realm Real-ID based raids for Sha of Anger in Pandaria)
* In Real ID groups for questing to ensure that all players are in the correct phase of the quest

Harrasment/Griefing:
* Players in /say, /yell or in optional General or Local Defense chat telling other servers' players to "Get off my server" in usually rather rude ways, usually including expletives
* Players killing NPC quest givers specifically so players from realms other than their own cannot pick up or turn in quests
* Players killing quest targets specifically so players from realms other than their own cannot complete quests they do have
* Players from PvP servers that know they are cross-realm zoned with NON-PvP servers waiting for unsuspecting PvE players to cross borders or zone into areas to kill them before they've loaded in - usually done in such ways that there is no hope of fighting back (Level 90s camping in groups/raid groups in Blasted Lands near the Dark Portal, for example)
* Players camping lower-level players, then jumping across zone borders when the hint of a defense group shows up to return fire (on both PvE->PvP crosses and on PvP servers) so there is no way to properly fight back (in the case of PvP resolutions to PvP issues)
* Lower level players cannot properly call for help on PvP servers due to Gankers crossing borders and disappearing
* Lower level players cannot properly call for help on PvP servers due to CRZ placing the incoming helpers on a different realm than the player(s) calling for help
* No way to Ignore OR report players from a realm other than your own for any kind of harassment and griefing, or for Name and/or Guild Name reports, or for Language

Community Breakdown:
Many of these are listed above, but will be repeated here:
* Realm choice is no longer our choice
* Lower level players cannot call for help properly on PvP servers
* RP events and scheduled outdoor raids cannot go forward due to griefing, CRZ dropping players in a different phase/realm than the one where the event is happening (SOME may have work-arounds to clear up the problem, some do not)
* World Events do not function properly
* Players constantly hear "Get off my server" from players not on their own server
* Many have mentioned that once they would let others finish quests, but now wish they could kill their own faction just so they can get things done.
* Fewer people go out "into the world" and instead hide in areas that do not (currently) have CRZ implemented.
* Proudmore - Nothing more needs to be said here.

Fraud:
* Blizzard continues to accept payment for server transfers, when in fact the server that a person pays to join may be part of the Cross-Realm cluster of the server they paid to leave, negating the reason to pay to transfer characters to another server, and thus reneging on a paid service, as no effective service has been rendered (other than, at CURRENT, in Orgrimmar, Stormwind, and Pandaria). In cases of people leaving due to hostile environment, this is particularly bad.

False Advertising:
* World of Warcraft is no longer a game where all play styles are supported, pushing away younger or "casual" players (those with very limited time to play due to Real Life), when prior to CRZ, being able to play for only 15 minutes a day could be productive and fun.
* There is now a jarring 5-10 second loading time between zones, and some sub-zones, when advertised as a seamless game.
* Victims of harassment and griefing have no recourse (violations of the ToU/ToC/ToS go unpunished)
* Players no longer have the CHOICE of what realm they play on.

I'm sure I've missed things, and I'm still seething with anger.

They want us to shut up, and I REFUSE to shut up. This unwanted, un-asked for "feature" causes more issues than it ever solved.
The four family members who were interested (and one who I found out used to play, heard that Chen got his own story and wanted to come back), I have warned to not bother with the game, when it was I who introduced them to the idea and had several of them who watched me raid back in Wrath, and wanted to be part of the Awesome Game I played.

It's no longer an Awesome Game.

Pandaria? Phenomenal. Lore everywhere. Making your character feel important as an individual, and making them develop as the heroes they are, making them look "inward" at themselves. Making them wonder what IS worth fighting for before the War begins.
Mists of Pandaria is an incredible expansion and I feel that Blizzard outdid themselves with it.
They ruined it with CRZ.
I so rarely leave Orgrimmar when I'm in old content that I have nearly forgotten what the rest of the world even looks like.
I could be out getting candy buckets! Easy XP for my little ones, and for the ones not yet in Pandaria, and for my little guild on Wyrmrest - So much XP from just picking Candy from a bucket!

Where am I?
I'm posting on the forums in anger because I'm NOT able to get those candy buckets because I am dropped from my boyfriend's Sandstone Drake and eaten almost immediately upon landing by things in whatever zone I'm dropped in, OR, I am dropped and simply fall to my death, OR I'm dropped and have to twiddle my thumbs while my boyfriend goes back and forth over zone borders to find out where I am.
The same thing happens when it is me carrying HIS little ones around.

CRZ was supposed to make me want to go do stuff in old content.. why, exactly?
85 Night Elf Druid
@Sweetpeaz

Some intellectual honesty would be welcome. That is a frustrating aspect with this "debate". Obvious intentions are obscured behind "benefits" that are contradictory to game design concepts and available player choices that have been in place for years. WoW's front page now has a 5 dollar sale for a battlechest of Vanilla, BC and Wrath. Essentially that is what is offered in-game now too. CRZ is a discount bin version of those previously fantastic worlds. The problem is many of us paid full price and have paid monthly subscriptions for years to maintain those games at the highest quality. Don't BS us that this feature is an improvement in game quality.
100 Blood Elf Hunter
10/29/2012 01:04 PMPosted by Halanna
I really don't understand what the problem is. In most of those threads people don't like CRZ. Some do, they like seeing random people from other realms they'll never see again, or they like having their time zone messed with or they like omg I see other people! or they like whatever.

Honestly, I feel like a plant now. I treat my Christmas Cactus with more respect than the people I see from other servers treat me with in these zones. No one from the other servers even acknowledge me, save for 2 people from Echo Isles.
90 Undead Warlock

So you do not acknowledge that there is a definable difference as you travel from server to server - within the classifications, naturally?

Not since the bugs have been worked out. My biggest gripe is that in major cities I can take literally one step outside to do a daily quest and be around people I have no idea who they are.

For that reasoning I think that CRZ should be limited to leveling zones. Not zones with cities in them.

Let me clarify one item. I chose to be on the server that I am on. I paid a lot of money to transfer my characters to that server. I should be able to have the experience in the game, with the people that I chose to be with, in the persistent world that is supposed to be WoW.

That being said, if Blizzard would be honest about their reasoning that doesn't mean that I wouldn't adopt a different mentality.

I just don't buy the explanation given by Blizzard. How does flying out of Org to get 6 swine bellies for a cooking daily and to be surrounded by idiots choosing that area as their PVP dualing pit, allow me to have a better experience?

Well, the problem is, the areas outside the main cities are leveling zones, so even that wouldn't solve the problem some ppl are having. Durotar is the major leveling zone for orcs and trolls after they get past Valley of Trials, the same goes for the areas outside UC, Thunder Bluff(not that many ppl camp there anyway), etc.
90 Human Paladin
10/29/2012 12:54 PMPosted by Rypkord

That's odd because the current CRZ feels like a queue system. Every time I enter a new zone, I am queued into a random set of players from disparate realms, and the zone I am in has a random time zone. As well, of course, there's no predicting who will show up from old zone to new zone.

Ill take that anytime over /who in the zone and its just me. Between both factions, lol.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]