CRZ Feedback #11

(Locked)

well if an opt out is unpractical. they would have to raise spawn rates of all mineral/herb nodes, quest items/quest mobs, and rare spawns in these zones to atleast double what they are now. example I am currently trying my best to level herbalism (a profession I have maxed 4 times since cata came out on two seperate realms) I've hit a wall in hyjal. i use to farm hyjal nonstop throughout cata and would average 10-15 nodes per lap. now with crz im lucky to find 2-3. ive spent 3 hours already trying to gain 25 skill points...
85 Night Elf Rogue
<snip>Just because you don't like it does not mean it should go away. I hate Arena, but I know many who like it. So I would not wish for my selfish ways of wanting arena gone inflected on the people who like it.<snip>

Well, the issue here is that this is the first feature launched to address population availability that is not optional.

Personally, I think I've finally hit a zone that represents what others are discussing when they feel displaced.

No horror stories. No jerks. Well, one, possibly, but you can never really tell someone's intent if you can't speak with them. However, General chat for the zone was not my server's general chat. It was a different server's general chat as identified by it's tone and content and instigators and contributors.

It is not a good thing when, in the middle of questing you think to yourself: "God, this server is going downhill - perhaps I don't want to transfer here". And then, naturally, it hit me. This is _not_ my server's chat. In fact, I don't even know who's chat I'm in.

What to do? Normally, I would report it. It's a departure from my server's tone and a TOS violation. Yet. I've visited that other server - it was business as usual for that server. Should I report 3 players and start them up the volcano because they, without asking, were exposed to me and I to them? I know for sure I should not be pressed to leave the general channel for the zone. This CRZ cuts both ways. Had I acted, everyone would get to have a bad time.

This is what bothers me the most about CRZ. This lack of control in placement, even knowledge, is very negative. What if I could know: - Hey <fill in alt name> you are now visiting <fill in server name>? Then, when the chatter is moronic to me I can say: "Wow! I'm sure glad I'm not on this server. leave /1". Let that server police it's own. If they like it that way, who am I to disrupt it?

Letting players at least know what server they were on, would be of benefit, I believe. Potentially cut down on tickets, as well.
90 Human Warrior
I grant thee the Brannoch award, for coming to terms with what we've been trying to say and actualy acknowledging that that there are things that need fixed and information doled out.

This award is so named after the first person who saw the light.

Thank you.

Your welcome, don't think I've seen you post in a while hehe.
90 Draenei Monk
10/29/2012 06:02 PMPosted by Palemoon
And interesting. I tried to sticky this, and they said I already had ... which is a lie. This is a new thread and I just started in it.

I did.

Which might mean you can't if someone else did first.
90 Orc Hunter
Sure there are bad points about it, but WoW feels like old vanilla WoW again! I can play with lots of other people in the non-high-end-zones. It's brought a lot of life back into the game.

Ganking and griefing are just a part of WoW and MMOs.

Do you actually play with those people, or are they scenery that gives the zone the illusion of having people in it?

I don't like having the people of my server whisked off to who knows what server, while I'm whisked off to another random server. I'd rather see two people from my server than 50 from others. I feel so isolated being around random strangers.
90 Draenei Monk
10/29/2012 06:44 PMPosted by Palvarosa
Do you actually play with those people, or are they scenery that gives the zone the illusion of having people in it?

AFAIK, scenery. They just like the fact it "feels" full. They probably don't want to interact with them either.
90 Human Warrior

Pardo's back though so thats a plus.

I'm on the up-and-up with game developers -- who's Pardo, and why is his return a good thing?

He's the dev who did vanilla and BC, believe he got yanked from wrath to head up Titan.

He's the one we loved.
90 Human Warrior
I'm not sure how Ghostcrawler used to be before Cata, but I've heard some people claiming that he used to be a better person. This was taken from MSB, the guy that wrote that long review on Amazon about why Cata was bad

http://www.amazon.com/review/RQVR6TKNVWF9D/ref=cm_cd_pg_pg21?ie=UTF8&asin=B002I0HKIU&cdForum=Fx2520C801QIJBS&cdPage=21&cdThread=TxRBB0ZEUUISKZ&store=videogames#wasThisHelpful

"In all fairness, though, GC and most of the current team were also responsible for WotLK - which I feel was (overall) a great success. So I'm not sure how much blame lies with GC and the dev team, how much of it is corporate pressure to increase profit margins, and how much of it is the fact that they're using a game (and graphics) engine which was already old (it was a modified Warcraft 3 engine!!!) when WoW was released, but it doesn't make financial sense to rewrite.

Keep in mind that Ghostcrawler used to be very, very good about communicating with players. I remember starting and/or participating in many threads to which GC responded, nearly all of which resulted in actual changes to the game. The WotLK Priest healing style (cast a spell x times in a row to get a speed boost on others, etc.) was entirely the result of GC responding to and encouraging a thread on making healing more interactive. There was also a thread on "making raid healing more fun" where players came up with an encounter where the rest of the group would have to keep the healers alive for a change while they "downed" a boss via healing - GC loved it, and the Dreamwalker encounter came out less than a year later. The late-WotLK Warrior TC and Revenge buffs were also the result of GC/player discussion, among many others.

I used to really like GC. I barely recognize him in the condescending blog posts which he started posting with Cata. Maybe he let it get to his head, maybe he's trying the best he can with what he's given. Whatever the case, though, WoW is definitely on the decline. After seeing this reply, I looked up the latest WarcraftRealms.com faction activity levels, and the Horde #'s are down to TBC levels - that's a drop of over 50% since Cata's release. And SWTOR (which I won't actually be playing) is already closing in on more US pre-orders than Cata had *world* pre-orders. GW2 and many others will arrive in quick succession right after that. WoW has never been this vulnerable, and the competition has never been this well-developed."
90 Night Elf Hunter
10/29/2012 07:24 PMPosted by Alicia
1.) Servers need to be Grouped by type ONLY: PVE with PVE, PVP with PVP, RP with RP, etc. Going a step further, Players are not and should not be identified by server. It needs to be invisible. Not "Macbethcoil-Silver Hand", Just "Macbethcoil" Thats the big one. This kills the "Invader! Gtfo my server!" mentality.

I agree with this one heavily, but how would this fix the time zone issue? (not all PvE or PvP servers share same time zones?)

2.) Sharing all Mobs: Assign the same rule as LFR Looting to the Mob if you have to, or just assign individual loot or whatever must be done. Regardless of anything else, this "Tag or Die" Mentality has to go if CRZ is going to stay. No player in their right mind likes to be Told by Dabu the Orc: "Go kill fifteen wolves", only to leave the Town and find that Private Ownsusohard, the local level 90 prick has killed every single one of them in the lower Barrens Ecosystem for the hell of it.

well that can work in groups, but the "Tag or Die" mentality is meant to keep others from stealing. It sounds good, but then Ownsusohard would just go steal those Bear Flanks as he kills them (Not criticizing your good ideas)

3.) Account Wide Ignores: Technology is in place to phase griefers out now. Ignore them? They poof and you go to a different CRZ Zone. This would be ideal if it worked on a Account Level and then no character you see on that account ever need bother you again.

THIS! ^^^^ This would be the Excalibur that would save Blizzard if they implemented this.

4.) (Most Important) Lag between Zones / Day to Night Skipping: This has to go. Players are used to and want the seamless world that they have enjoyed for 8 years. Taking it away? They feel screwed. No customer likes to feel like he's just been screwed. It is bad for business and in the Game Industry, word of mouth is far more damning than any glossy review. Players dont want 1-2 second Freezers and Lag because they zoned out of Swamp of Sorrow and entered the Sunken Temple. They dont want the moon leaping to the sky or vanishing / Daylight breaking because they flew into Redridge Mountains.

Seems to be more of a common issue to a new program, but I'm sure they'll have that fixed as well

5.) A Opt-Out: This I think becomes the least important, as I foresee it would not be used as much if the above four were in effect, and it'd be a huge boon for RP Servers especially who rely on their world-servers to do RP events.

The Opt-Out would only be a band-aid for a lobbed limb problem. It would only keep the players on their servers, but not trolls/griefers/Competition/Wpvp off your server

however, I do praise you for your interesting ideas right here. Some I would have thought myself as well
90 Night Elf Druid
I agree with the rest - CRZ should never have been in "starting" and "capital" city zones - Mulgore, Durotar, Teldrassil, Azuremyst, Tirisfal Glades, Elwynn Forest, Eversong Woods, Dun Morogh, Lost Isles, Gilneas should never have been touched, the same goes for Crystal Forest in Northrend (ever get dismounted while flying to Dalaran back in Wrath? It happens again...), and Terokkar Forest in Outland.

Removing CRZ from those zones would have fixed a lot of Brewfest issues (Barking quests and random phasing to carry barrels, as well as the timing of the Tapping of the Keg), and should also fix most timing issues with the Darkmoon Faire, since Mulgore and Elwynn Forest will be on "Home Realm" (you know, the server WE CHOSE TO PLAY ON) time.
Removing CRZ from Stranglethorn Vale zones would enable the Fishing Tournaments to return.

GC himself stated that it can be turned on and off at will. Why is this so difficult, then?

Of course that won't fix the bugs and issues in the REST of the world, but at least it would help a goodly chunk of the complaints.

I could live with this.
90 Draenei Priest
10/29/2012 06:18 PMPosted by Reshaari
And interesting. I tried to sticky this, and they said I already had ... which is a lie. This is a new thread and I just started in it.

I did.

Which might mean you can't if someone else did first.

I've had it happen to me both ways. I was able to request a sticky on one of the threads right after it was created, but I've gotten the message that I've already requested a sticky for the topic every other time I've tried--which is, indeed, a lie. I very rarely request a sticky for anything, and I'd remember if I had done it, tyvm.

If I had to guess, I'd say that the system will let everyone request a sticky for every thread once, but what happens on these threads is that it takes a little while for the CMs to find the new one and flip some switch that will tell whoever requests a sticky for it after that that they already have. So until they do flip that little switch, sticky requests will work, but after that they will feed that lying message to anyone who tries.

They just don't want to see how many people request a sticky for these topics, so they override the system on it. In other words, they know we're here, but they don't want to hear it, and for some odd reason, they don't have the guts to just lock and or delete the threads, probably because they know that many players will take that as the "suck it up" response that means nothing will ever change, and promptly opt out by canceling their subscriptions. Many people haven't' done that yet because they still have hope that something will change.
90 Blood Elf Priest
People are funny.

People who didn't play in 2005 and have an opinion about CRZ are even funnier.

If you can't appreciate what CRZ brings to this game you need to stop playing an MMO and go fire up the Wii and play Zelda or something.
90 Troll Monk
CRZ, horrible idea. No opt-out, horrible idea. Did I mention, horrible idea?
85 Night Elf Rogue
I'm going to add here my suggestions on how CRZ could be livable by all I reckon on the off chance people in the Company are reading these threads:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7004452315

1.) Servers need to be Grouped by type ONLY: PVE with PVE, PVP with PVP, RP with RP, etc. Going a step further, Players are not and should not be identified by server. It needs to be invisible. Not "Macbethcoil-Silver Hand", Just "Macbethcoil" Thats the big one. This kills the "Invader! Gtfo my server!" mentality.

Except you are forgetting why it is like that - there may already be a "Macbethcoil". One that players only know through the forums. Who will be expecting things when they run across that player out in the world.

Also - easily worked around. The "invader" mentality is the same mentality of the griefer. They work hard at their play-style too. So all you do by removing the server designator is cause wasted time - "What do you mean you can't trade/join my guild?", and potential reputation mix ups "There's 'Macbethcoil'! Get him!".

<snipped 2 - 4, agreed>

5.) A Opt-Out: This I think becomes the least important, as I foresee it would not be used as much if the above four were in effect, and it'd be a huge boon for RP Servers especially who rely on their world-servers to do RP events.

Opt-Out brings with it a host of issues, not the least of which is AH activity. I prefer my solution for keeping parties together - A meta raid character "flag" (internal) that functions the same way you would join a chat channel. Once you're joined (something that you can do yourself, and if the creator so designates: regardless of faction) CRZ can be programed to see that you zone into the same instance of the world. All other CRZ rules apply. It just functions to form a keep parties together, w/out a complex interface, while the players retain the ability to form Raids and/or Parties as normal.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]