Account-wide Cloud Serpent Riding?

(Locked)

90 Undead Warlock
I don't understand why we need cloud serpent riding on each separate character if we already have the mount. It's one thing working to get the flying to ride the mounts in the first place, that's fine and all, but why is this not an account wide thing?

I mean, this kind of screws the people who worked hard on Glory of the Pandaria Raider AND getting exalted with the faction. The mount itself is account wide, but you can't ride it unless you have the flying? That doesn't really make sense.
Edited by Dippindotss on 10/30/2012 3:08 PM PDT
90 Dwarf Shaman
I'm fine with it being for each individual toon. I love the account wide mount system they have now, but was totally fine without for the past 7 years, not sure I can say the same for you.
Community Manager
Some account-wide mounts have restrictions based on profession, faction, or class. In this instance, cloud serpents have a factional requirement.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Agreed. Should be account-wide. Blizz just wants to make us Grind Moar Dailies!
90 Night Elf Druid
Welcome to the World of Dailycraft. Conform or perish!
10/30/2012 03:36 PMPosted by Senari
There is no reason for the Serpent Mounts to be character bound other than complete stupidity.

Well it is a good thing they are not.
90 Human Warlock
10/30/2012 03:30 PMPosted by Rygarius
Some account-wide mounts have restrictions based on profession, faction, or class. In this instance, cloud serpents have a factional requirement.

Soooo... it's just there to mock our alts.
90 Draenei Hunter
Be happy they're at least letting us get double the rep once one character reaches revered.
90 Orc Warrior

I think the OP is trying to ask "Why?".
90 Pandaren Rogue

But WHY?

What possible reason do you have for forcing the players to do this arbitrary rep grind every time they want to use a mount they earned?

Come on.
90 Blood Elf Priest
10/30/2012 03:42 PMPosted by Demetriel

I think the OP is trying to ask "Why?".

I answered for them in post #4 :)
90 Pandaren Mage
You do realize that account-wide ANYTHING beyond heirlooms is only a month old or so....be thankful they made anything account-wide at all...cuz 2 months ago, if you had a mount on your main and wanted it on your alt....guess what.....
90 Undead Death Knight

And all account wide mounts have restrictions based on riding skill (and other training).

You can use a ground mount without the skill 75 riding training.
You can't use a flying mount without the skill 225 riding training.
You can't fly in Northrend without Cold weather flying.

Etc.

Just because a mount is in your account wide character's list doesn't mean you meet the requirements to use it.

The cloud serpents need a faction reputation to be used.
90 Pandaren Rogue
10/30/2012 03:41 PMPosted by Neiara
Be happy they're at least letting us get double the rep once one character reaches revered.

How about no?

That is a horrible hackfix and does nothing but put a small bandaid over the large gash. I am not happy with that, as I should not be forced to do that unbearable rep grind once again for some arbitrary reason.
90 Troll Rogue
I would be all fine with it, IF EVERY NEW RAID MOUNT WASN'T A CLOUD SERPENT!
50 Gnome Warlock

We know this. We're saying it sucks and comes across as very random when no other reputation based mount requires exalted with their respective faction to be used by alternate characters.
50 Gnome Warlock
10/30/2012 03:44 PMPosted by Abracadafur
You do realize that account-wide ANYTHING beyond heirlooms is only a month old or so....be thankful they made anything account-wide at all...cuz 2 months ago, if you had a mount on your main and wanted it on your alt....guess what.....

"Things were worse back when..." isn't a valid counterargument to things not working appropriately, or performing poorly, now.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]