Account-wide Cloud Serpent Riding?

(Locked)

90 Blood Elf Paladin
Guess it is time to put alts away for good and just focus on main toon!It is really stupid Blizzard want us to grind dailies for are professions and mounts on each toon!REDICULIS!
100 Orc Hunter
With the Revered boost to all of your alts plus the eggs on the island off the shore, it's child's play to get to exalted with the Cloud Serpents.

Also, try not to necro an old thread.
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
I complained about that myself, but when I decided to do the rep on another character out of curiosity I ended up getting to almost revered just by doing the first set of dailies after the starters.

Now I feel like a dumb@ss for wasting 5k gold on the other two mounts.
100 Worgen Mage
With the Revered boost to all of your alts plus the eggs on the island off the shore, it's child's play to get to exalted with the Cloud Serpents.

Also, try not to necro an old thread.

^ This. I hit 90 last week, I'll probably ping exalted in 2-3 days, tops. Next 90 will likely have it week 1.
90 Worgen Warrior
Yes. I agree that the "Cloud Serpent" riding skill should be account-wide. There is wayyyyy too much content and a lot of time, spent, trying to get toons leveled, complete quests, and dailies, to have to get Revered status with Order Of The Cloud Serpent. As said, the mounts are account-wide, so why should we have to go clear across pandaria, or Azeroth (depending on where you are playing), just to do the dailies to be able to ride mounts you already have on a particular toon.
Come on Blizzard, you can do better than that :)
100 Blood Elf Mage
The cloud serpent mounts are ugly as sin anyway, so I don't particularly care. Grinded the rep out once just for +1 to exalted total and I've never once used the hideous mounts.
99 Blood Elf Rogue
I don't want to do the dailies again, even with the rep bonus. I shouldn't have to. I suffered through it the first time, I paid the gold, I should be able to use it now on all my toons.
Edited by Dagnarus on 5/16/2013 4:59 PM PDT
100 Gnome Warlock
And all account wide mounts have restrictions based on riding skill (and other training).

You can use a ground mount without the skill 75 riding training.
You can't use a flying mount without the skill 225 riding training.
You can't fly in Northrend without Cold weather flying.

But NONE of those are gated behind an otherwise-pointless faction-grind.
90 Orc Hunter
Soooo... it's just there to mock our alts.

Its mocking my main too. I got the mount in February and still haven't bothered to do the dailies I'd need to ride it. I'll get around to it eventually, I guess.
100 Blood Elf Warlock
It's not like cloud serpent rep is hard to earn. Try grinding Netherwing then you might have something to complain about. Cloud serpent is a little over a week to get, less if you do the profession dailies.

But NONE of those are gated behind an otherwise-pointless faction-grind.

Before account wide mounts you would have had to earn the rep, and spend the gold buy each of the faction mounts provided in mop for each alt instead of once per account. This includes the Shado-pan tigers, the Tiller's goats, the Angler's Waterstrider.
So Blizzard was nice enough to make these mounts account bound, and you have one single faction that you have to earn special rep with for each alt to use the mounts which, you get free by the way just for being exalted, and people STILL COMPLAIN!
Be happy things aren't the way they used to be.
Edited by Tsavis on 5/16/2013 5:22 PM PDT
90 Goblin Hunter
It's not like cloud serpent rep is hard to earn. Try grinding Netherwing then you might have something to complain about. Cloud serpent is a little over a week to get, less if you do the profession dailies.

It was so fast on this character with the double rep bonus. Think I went out there 4 times total and I am exalted. Server is kind of dead so I was able to collect 3-4 eggs every time as well.

I do find the entitlement to mounts that account wide access has given kind of odd.
Edited by Asayne on 5/16/2013 5:24 PM PDT
100 Tauren Death Knight
getting exalted with the order of the could serpent doesn't even take tht long took me like four days no biggy
87 Goblin Priest
I'm surprised they haven't made other faction mounts exalted required.
Neitherwing and Skyguard being the most obvious ones.

I don't think there's any faction sets in northrend or cata that would be like that.
Yeah there's wyrmrest and argent, but those are mostly just generic mounts.
100 Dwarf Hunter
ohhh you poor poor dears......grow up...its not going to be changed anytime soon in MoP...it might be once we leave MoP for the next expansion...but if you want to use those wonderful mounts on your alts, right now....grind up the rep..its not hard with the revered tome you can get you get almost double the rep when you do the dailies....
91 Night Elf Druid
I think that a fair compromise would be to unlock the mounts and grant account wide CS-flying skills once you have done it on 3 characters the hard way, meaning you earned each mount.

I think you would have more people taking the time to do it, not only for the mount, but for an achievement.
100 Pandaren Monk
I just went from neutral to exalted after grinding eggs for about 8 hours all together. I did dailies 3 times.

If you want it, go and get it.

Same here. :-)
100 Worgen Druid
BC mounts don't have a restriction because they aren't current I guess. MoP=Cloud Serpent AND Account-wide stuff
90 Pandaren Priest
The cloud serpent mounts are ugly as sin anyway, so I don't particularly care. Grinded the rep out once just for +1 to exalted total and I've never once used the hideous mounts.

I used it once after earning the ability to use it. I didn't think it was ugly, per se. They're just really gaudy and bulky.

I don't see much of a problem with having to build rep to use them. Once you're revered on the first character, you can buy the thing to increase rep earned on all characters. What bothers me is that there's three different serpents you can get from them. They're all account bound. So, it seems a bit redundant to continue the dailies past the third character and yet... if you want to use a serpent on your fourth because you actually like the mounts (or have one of the cool looking serpents) you have to do them again.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]