Account-wide Cloud Serpent Riding?

(Locked)

90 Undead Warlock
10/30/2012 03:30 PMPosted by Rygarius
Some account-wide mounts have restrictions based on profession, faction, or class. In this instance, cloud serpents have a factional requirement.
None of the examples you listed apply to previous raid achievement mounts. Nor did they need a specific flying training from a faction.

It's true that you get double rep after you get your main there. I'm still wondering why the decision was made though, this didn't really answer my question.

Also as somebody else pointed out, netherwings don't apply to this either. Once you get it, you have it on all characters, and that's exactly the same method as cloud serpents. You're not restricted to just the character you got the mount on...
Edited by Dippindotss on 10/30/2012 3:55 PM PDT
100 Pandaren Warrior
10/30/2012 03:44 PMPosted by Bergoan
Some account-wide mounts have restrictions based on profession, faction, or class. In this instance, cloud serpents have a factional requirement.

Netherwings say Hi.

QFT, I earned the netherwings on 3 seperate toons before the account wide mounts went into play. Earn it per toon or !@#$ imo. A rep requirement is a valid reason to not have it on every toon.
91 Tauren Hunter
Yeah this is lame. That's right Blizzard LAME.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
10/30/2012 03:46 PMPosted by Inform
I would be all fine with it, IF EVERY NEW RAID MOUNT WASN'T A CLOUD SERPENT!

this guy up here hit it right on the number! in order to use any of the cool new mounts you get from achievements through raiding. you MUST do dailies lol. rough enough just getting the achievements, you guys talk about tabard double dipping. i say this is making us work twice for stuff. its just makes me not wanna do any of the achievements.
Edited by Kynigos on 10/30/2012 4:03 PM PDT
10/30/2012 03:43 PMPosted by Ashpaw

But WHY?

What possible reason do you have for forcing the players to do this arbitrary rep grind every time they want to use a mount they earned?

Come on.

Because they want Cloud Serpent mounts to retain some amount of "specialness."
90 Night Elf Rogue
What you guys complaining about they removed the head enchants, factions are completly opitional now, its not liek VP gear, profession plans, cloud serpent riding and many other things are atached to them.
What you guys complaining about they removed the head enchants, factions are completly opitional now, its not liek VP gear, profession plans, cloud serpent riding and many other things are atached to them.

None of that is required to effectively raid (equal/better gear can be had via raiding than can be purchased/crafted). Head/shoulder enchants were (there was no other option for enchanting your head piece or shoulders).
90 Pandaren Shaman
10/30/2012 03:46 PMPosted by Inform
I would be all fine with it, IF EVERY NEW RAID MOUNT WASN'T A CLOUD SERPENT!

^
90 Human Death Knight
I have 3 90s and 7 85s. I wasn't doing daily quests on the 2 90 alts I already have and this decision doesn't make me want to do the quests on the other toons I have once I get them up to 90.
Edited by Triteia on 10/30/2012 4:09 PM PDT
72 Tauren Paladin

Of course it is. Another way to artificially inflate the lifespan of content.

I love how the answer to Cata's "We don't have anything to do" seems to be "Go do 30 dailies on 14 different characters every day." So much for MoP being alt friendly.

Talk about insulting the playerbase's intelligence.
Edited by Mungoyoyo on 10/30/2012 4:14 PM PDT
85 Blood Elf Hunter

I am not sure this qualifies as a suitable example.

The Netherwing dragon faction would seem to have a similar requirement to unlock them.

And yet, once they are unlocked, all characters can ride them.
90 Troll Death Knight

Or rather, some aspects of this expansion have restrictions imposed for the sole purpose of stretching content.
90 Human Death Knight

I would really like to know what purpose this serves besides pissing people off.
90 Tauren Paladin

So let's change the rep.

1 quest on my alts should get me exalted because there is no way in hell I am doing 1 month plus of quests to ride mounts on my alts.

This is just a stupid restriction, it's okay you don't have to admit it is, the entire player base knows it.
90 Night Elf Rogue
10/30/2012 04:08 PMPosted by Mork

None of that is required to effectively raid (equal/better gear can be had via raiding than can be purchased/crafted). Head/shoulder enchants were (there was no other option for enchanting your head piece or shoulders).

Dude head enchants were not more of a raiding requirement tham VP gears are, 1 piece of VP gear beats a head enchant hands down lol. At least on cata you neded 1 faction for the head enchant and that was that. And dont try to tell me the August Celestials/Shado Pan enchants arent mandatory for raiding and even worse those 2 factions are gatted behind another faction.
92 Tauren Death Knight

Netherwings say Hi.

The Sha'tari Skyguard also say hi!

actually, the reputation grind of EVERY SINGLE REPUTATION that has a mount as an exalted reward say hi in chorus.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]