Account-wide Cloud Serpent Riding?

(Locked)

90 Blood Elf Paladin
Another thing that needs to be changed is Reins of the Thundering Ruby Cloud Serpent.

Getting this mount requires a good deal of farming already just to get the shards you need. You then have to find it and tag it. You would think thats be enough, but noooo, you need THREE different reputations up just to ride this rare mount you took so much time on. One revered and two exalted reputations. Its insane.
90 Human Priest
10/30/2012 03:51 PMPosted by Teradel
QFT, I earned the netherwings on 3 seperate toons before the account wide mounts went into play. Earn it per toon or !@#$ imo. A rep requirement is a valid reason to not have it on every toon.

Gotta love the "I was hazed so I want everyone else to be hazed, too" line of thought.

I agree with the other posters that this is very inconsistent with all the other mounts. The only other mount/pet rep thing I've noticed is that my argent squire only has a pony on the toon I bought it on.
Edited by Divinitia on 6/4/2013 9:07 AM PDT
90 Blood Elf Paladin

Netherwings say Hi.

The Sha'tari Skyguard also say hi!

actually, the reputation grind of EVERY SINGLE REPUTATION that has a mount as an exalted reward say hi in chorus.

My Tiller goats say "Maaaaa!!!".
10/30/2012 04:13 PMPosted by Andruz

None of that is required to effectively raid (equal/better gear can be had via raiding than can be purchased/crafted). Head/shoulder enchants were (there was no other option for enchanting your head piece or shoulders).

Dude head enchants were not more of a raiding requirement tham VP gears are, 1 piece of VP gear beats a head enchant hands down lol. At least on cata you neded 1 faction for the head enchant and that was that. And dont try to tell me the August Celestials/Shado Pan enchants arent mandatory for raiding and even worse those 2 factions are gatted behind another faction.

They aren't mandatory, though. Faction VP gear isn't BiS, whereas head enchants from faction vendors were all that were available to make your BiS head piece better. You're confusing "mandatory" with "desirable." If you can't get that one piece of gear from MSV to drop, then yeah, that pair of pants from Shado-Pan (or whomever, I don't know who has what gear by heart) would be really nice. But, even then, it's not necessary. You can start raiding MSV with an average ilvl of 463 in my guild, which you can get just from Heroic dungeons.

Btw, faction VP gear will be even LESS necessary once 5.1 arrives and we get the ability to use VP to upgrade gear we already own.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Whatever keeps those disgusting abominations from being all over the place.
100 Human Hunter
I'm glad the cloud serpents can only be used by toons that have gotten to exalted with the order. I have a lot of very cool flying mounts and only having a select few toons able to use the cloud serpent means I get to use those other mounts on my alts. If all my toons could use the cloud serpent my other cool mounts would just collect dust.
74 Undead Warlock
10/30/2012 03:30 PMPosted by Rygarius
Some account-wide mounts have restrictions based on profession, faction, or class. In this instance, cloud serpents have a factional requirement.

So is there any plans for auto changing mounts and what-not to the opposite faction account wide if you have the equivalent to the other faction? Or is that just too complicated and time consuming for you right now?
90 Human Death Knight
10/30/2012 04:21 PMPosted by Qamaits
I'm glad the cloud serpents can only be used by toons that have gotten to exalted with the order. I have a lot of very cool flying mounts and only having a select few toons able to use the cloud serpent means I get to use those other mounts on my alts. If all my toons could use the cloud serpent my other cool mounts would just collect dust.

You could just download a random mount addon like GupPet or Yay Mounts.

I use at least one skin of every type of mount I've earned.
90 Troll Shaman
10/30/2012 03:08 PMPosted by Dippindotss
The mount itself is account wide, but you can't ride it unless you have the flying? That doesn't really make sense.

my level 20 cant ride my time lost proto drake. its account wide.. WHY CANT HE USE IT fix it blizz :P
100 Human Hunter
10/30/2012 04:23 PMPosted by Tyrathius
You could just download a random mount addon like GupPet or Yay Mounts.

True but i own mounts I will never ride simply because i needed them for the 100 mount achievement. I only have a handful of mounts I use regularly and i have enough alts to cover them all. I might be crazy but it gives each of my toons a little added diversity outside of class and race.
90 Undead Warlock
10/30/2012 03:50 PMPosted by Dippindotss
Some account-wide mounts have restrictions based on profession, faction, or class. In this instance, cloud serpents have a factional requirement.
None of the examples you listed apply to previous raid achievement mounts. Nor did they need a specific flying training from a faction.

It's true that you get double rep after you get your main there. I'm still wondering why the decision was made though, this didn't really answer my question.

Also as somebody else pointed out, netherwings don't apply to this either. Once you get it, you have it on all characters, and that's exactly the same method as cloud serpents. You're not restricted to just the character you got the mount on...

Netherwing never had to have it, since back when the rep was relevant, there were no account wide mounts.....it was good enough to simply have the rep the way it was. However, it was similar in one very important fashion. You got one free mount when you hit exalted.

Finally, I am so damn tired of ppl whining about one of the easiest rep grinds in the game. Cloud Serpent Riding quests are all in a fairly small area and there are usually multiple of them in very close proximity. Finally, they provide the best rep of any. Check the rep you get for these quests, then double it, then come back and tell me that is only a bandaid fix......these aren't like the Golden Lotus dailys that give you 100 rep each.
90 Undead Warlock
Another thing that needs to be changed is Reins of the Thundering Ruby Cloud Serpent.

Getting this mount requires a good deal of farming already just to get the shards you need. You then have to find it and tag it. You would think thats be enough, but noooo, you need THREE different reputations up just to ride this rare mount you took so much time on. One revered and two exalted reputations. Its insane.

Using the Sky Crystal tags it. You are not going to lose the mount to someone who is faster at hitting Alani than you are :p.
72 Tauren Paladin
It has nothing to do with ease or difficulty. It's another blatant waste of the players time.

Blizzard takes such a stance about alts and playing the game the way you want and everything is locked behind "well if you want this you HAVE to do it on this toon".

Spirits of Harmony, valor gear, mounts the list goes on and on. They're doing what they've always done. They recognize a problem and their solution is overkill to the opposite side of the needle and then they wonder why their playerbase gets bent out of shape over it.
90 Pandaren Rogue
Honestly, it's rather irksome that I have to grind this rep on every single character in order for them to be able to ride these mounts. It was perfectly acceptable to have to grind the rep the first time around to earn the riding/mounts. However, I've pretty much consigned myself to the idea that my other toons aren't going to be riding cloud serpents any time soon, if at all.

If not an account wide cloud serpent riding, why not have a tome or some such that I can buy and mail to my alts? I realize that the rep boosters are incoming and such, but the idea of regrinding this upwards of ten more times is just awful.

And for those of you that are going on about how we should appreciate our account wide mount feature and shut our mouths, change cannot be guided without feedback. Just because we have something shiny new doesn't mean it can't be improved. Nothing is perfect, and everything requires tuning. To imply that just because you have it, you can't suggest change is pretty silly.
90 Blood Elf Paladin

Using the Sky Crystal tags it. You are not going to lose the mount to someone who is faster at hitting Alani than you are :p.

True. That still doesn't make the 3 reputations any less retarded.
90 Human Warrior
10/30/2012 03:40 PMPosted by Killercaitie

Soooo... it's just there to mock our alts.

Take that, alts.
100 Night Elf Warrior
I just went from neutral to exalted after grinding eggs for about 8 hours all together. I did dailies 3 times.

If you want it, go and get it.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]