[H] <Raging Spears> LGBT Guild - Coilfang

90 Tauren Druid
Just wanted to put our recruitment thread here in the Coilfang forum in addition to the Guild Recruitment forum.

Who are the Raging Spears?

Back at the release of The Burning Crusade, in January 2007, a group of forumers over on Gaygamer.net got together and decided they were tired of playing in guilds where the usual homophobic banter was bandied about. Regardless of whether it's meant to offend or not, it often makes things uncomfortable. So was formed The Raging Spears! (because nobody likes a flaccid spear).

Now, with the Mists of Pandaria parted, we venture forth to new lands in search of cool stuff and things to beat up.

What kind of guild are we?

I would call us 'Casual', at least for now. That does not mean our members don't raid or are not serious about it, but that we have never been big on the "You have to be here on these days every week or you lose your raid spot" idea. Especially now that the LFR tool exists. We will never get a server first kill, but we see all the content and look good doing it.

Since we are a guild organized less around raiding/pvp and instead gather for social reasons, the guild tends to become what the members want it to be.

So... does everyone in this guild need to be gay?

No. We have no restrictions on that. While a large portion of our guild is of course gay, straight people, bisexuals, what have you, are certainly welcome. All we require is supportive and open people.

Let's say I'm interested in playing with the Raging Spears, what kind of character should I roll?

Roll whatever character you will have the most fun playing. We don't force our members to take specific classes. However, if you are really stuck on the character screen and can't decide, Tanks are always in demand for heroics.

How do I join?

Simply roll a character on Coilfang Horde, and send a message to us! If you are considering a transfer, we recommend rolling a lowbie and hanging out for a while, so you are sure the atmosphere of the guild is right before you spend $25. We try to keep things casual and friendly.

To get an invite, simply type '/who Raging Spears' into your chat window in-game, and ask one of those friendly folks to get an officer for you. Make sure you let us know where you saw us listed!
Reply Quote
85 Goblin Priest
One of the Coilfang originals still going strong, bump for a stellar group of people and some old friends that I haven't seen in a while. Hope all is going well in Pandaland!
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warlock
11/04/2012 04:06 PMPosted by Trolladin
ew

I don't get it. Do you think you're funny?
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
This guild was a huge part of the heart and soul of Coilfang in BC and Wrath...so happy to see them still here and active. You won't find a better bunch of people to play with. Much love!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
11/04/2012 09:04 PMPosted by Chic
ew

Do you even play on this server? No? Then leave.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Warlock
11/05/2012 12:30 PMPosted by Trolladin

Do you even play on this server? No? Then leave.

Just because my main isn't on Coilfang, doesn't mean I haven't been for 4 years. Another disappointing response from "Troll"adin. Keep going buddy, you're almost on Palyhealsftw's level and that's a pretty big achievement. I'm rooting for you :)
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Paladin
bump for legit guild
Reply Quote
46 Blood Elf Paladin
is there a LGBT guild on Moon Guard? iv been trying to find one with no luck :(
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I sure remember Raging Spears, rare see some of them tho. they pretty nice people around for sure either. bump
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
damn this thread is on the first page and it's so old... this forum is so dead lol...

anyways I always wanted a character in this guild, since im a big gaaaaymer, but my precious we are all pretty ugly is just too enticing
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]