Double Time vs Juggernaut (PVP)

Pick whatever you want, you kill in a global, remember? Also you don't even need charge, you can intervene your own banners, and heroic leap to wherever you want!

lol real game
Reply Quote
11/06/2012 11:22 AMPosted by Caargon
Has anyone considered that if you actually timed it you can double time charge every 10 seconds, as opposed to 12 from jug?

No you can't. 2 uses of charge, use 1, goes on cooldown. Wait 10sec, use charge, 0 uses, 10sec left on cooldown. Use charge, 0 uses, but 20sec left on CD because it doesn't start recycling until the first one finished.

Odd I have never noticed a 20 second wait except when i charge back to back and the tooltip reads as individual cds. Gonna have to test it. But for pvp double charging happens a friggin lot specially when fighting mages/locks/hunters/priests
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
I've tried both and I'm sticking with double time. I mainly pvp lately and that 2nd charge helps alot as mentioned above when kited, chasing that flag carrier or out of interupts..heroic leap away and charge that healer!!
> Engi nitro boost, 2 charges + heroic leap...you can run but you can't hide. =D Oh did I forget to mention to new goblin chute? hehe
Edited by Topdogg on 11/6/2012 12:02 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Also, ever use a charge on the wrong target? Ex: hunter feigns death, you have pet targeted but haven't noticed so you charge...Doh! With double time, tab target and charge again!
Reply Quote
11/06/2012 12:06 PMPosted by Topdogg
Also, ever use a charge on the wrong target? Ex: hunter feigns death, you have pet targeted but haven't noticed so you charge...Doh! With double time, tab target and charge again!

I friggen HATE that.
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
Double time seems to give me a charge whenever i need it most
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
I like double time because it's the closest thing we have to the old charge/intercept that gave you so much play and room for some interesting finesse stuff. I've been missing that viciously since it was removed.
Reply Quote
91 Orc Warrior
i use double charge becaues im old school and what we use to do before is charge fear intercept pew pew
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
"No you can't. 2 uses of charge, use 1, goes on cooldown. Wait 10sec, use charge, 0 uses, 10sec left on cooldown. Use charge, 0 uses, but 20sec left on CD because it doesn't start recycling until the first one finished."

This is correct. I thought it was simply 2 separate charges, each one on its own 20 sec CD, but after testing I see the two CDs will not tick simultaneously. In cases where both charges are on CD, the first one ticks off, and when the CD is up, then and only then does the second one begin ticking it's full 20 seconds. Tooltip is somewhat ambiguous here.

Having said that, the reason I haven't noticed this is that double time + glyphed HL very rarely leaves me without a way to get where I need to go. The real limiters of my mobility are roots and snares, and it gets back to having timely dispells in certain cases for maximum uptime, as usual.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
For PvP, juggernaut is the better choice as with certain glyphs (gag order for now to keep them silenced) and talents (shockwave) you can keep a player from using their escape moves for around 8 or so seconds after you charge them.

When they do have a chance to use their escape techniques, your charge is almost ready again, so you can pretty much stay on them for an extended period of time, giving you a very nice window to take them down.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warrior
Double Time.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warrior
Double time because if you spec into blitz, whitch stuns 2 other targets when you charge, it can be used as peeling or offensive play when interrupting casts. GG
Reply Quote
i dont think that one is better than the other, they are both available just so when you charge a kiter they dont get a read of all your cooldowns and know for sure if or when your next one is available. with having both to choose from, kiters dont know if they should waste roots, blink, disengage, and all that good stuff only to see you right there in their face again without missing a beat. keeps us ranged guys honest.
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Monk
11/05/2012 06:15 PMPosted by Aeronautic
famous pvpers

ugh.....
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]