WoW remote API...

1 Draenei Paladin
Hello.
My post is about WoW-remote app.

As this question already asked many times, i think there is no correct answer.

Why there is still no documented protocol for remote features? And why you limited it with guild chat only?
I can understand why there is no ability to send whispers to non-guildies (spam). But why not to share remote experiense for whole battle.net?

It will be great to have Battle.net client, not only WoW. Imagine - you can chat with your RealID and BattleTag friends from your mobile. Isn't it great?

Oh, and if Blizzard will decide to publish protocol documentation there will be not only stock Android and iOS apps, but many more for other mobile and desktop operating systems.
Me personally wants to have Miranda plugin.

I think there are two main reasons:
1) Blizzard laziness
2) Security reasons. But hey, there are already tons of reverse-engineered stuff about WoW, so hackers will always find new ways to scam us, with or without documented remote protocol -_-

P.S.: if wow-remote subscription was set to free unlimited just because of it low popularity, ability to create 3rd-party clients can help with it.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
I see a huge security issue with account compromises happening if they allow 3rd parties allowed to access the chat features and etc within the WoW remote app on phones. The reason why is because if their Authenticator is on the given Droid or iPhone then what's so hard on getting this information and making an illegal auth to this client's account. I wouldn't recommend something like this at all to happen.
Reply Quote
1 Draenei Paladin
As a simple solution - make separate password for IM features -_-
Reply Quote
1 Draenei Paladin
Well, i think Shakem misunderstood me. I meant protocol definitions. Every 3rd party soft will still be 3rd party, so user will see if it's official app or not.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]