Blue posts being counter productive

(Locked)

90 Human Warlock
When Draztal posts the things he does, he would do well to keep in mind that whatever comment he chooses to reply to will show up on the Mmo-Champion feed the next day, for all the world to see that yet again, Blizzard representatives have chosen to argue with their customers, rather than signal that they're understanding the feedback they're getting.

These endless threads of community managers trying to persuade the player base that it isn't perceiving LFR or dailies in the manner Blizzard intended, and that problems only exist in the players' minds, are quite simply a blemish on the company's reputation.

When you're making a blue post, consider whether what you're writing is actually of a quality that warrants attracting the world's attention to it. When you post this sort of unhelpful content:

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/242967-forcing-us-to-lfr-to-have-succes-in-normal-mode/

... it would be better off if Draztal just posted under a non-blue handle, anonymously, because that's the quality of contribution it is.
Edited by Elocyn on 11/6/2012 1:37 AM PST
66 Gnome Warrior
His replies weren't that bad and seemed pretty helpful.

I take it you've never worked in the service industry.
100 Orc Hunter
I actually read the whole stuff, i seriosuly can't see what's wrong with it, enlighten me please.
90 Human Warlock
When some of your players are telling you that they don't like LFR, or dailies; and that they don't enjoy being forced to do them in order to aid their progression in normal and heroic raids; then the honest - and correct - response is this:

"We have analyzed the preferences of our player base, and we have come to the conclusion that most of our players enjoy the presence of LFR / dailies / insert feature more than its absence. Even though it isn't as challenging and compelling as raiding with friends, experience has taught us it is better that we offer something for players to advance their main characters, rather than nothing. It is true that this creates incentives which mean that if you choose to not do LFR / dailies, your gear level, and therefore your perception of your status within your group, can be somewhat lower. It is true also that if your whole group chooses to not participate, your group progression will be slower. However, we believe that most of our players prefer this to the alternative, which is that there's no way to continue progressing your character after you're done raiding. We cannot have it both ways, so this is how it's gonna be, for now."

To an extent, we did see the above, in blue posts other than Draztal's.

In Draztal's posts, however, we are seeing lots of this:

"You aren't forced to do LFR / dailies. The problem is in your head. Raids are tuned for heroic gear. Your evening of wiping at 1% is imagined. Upgrades are optional."

This is straight, bold-faced lying, and is a discredit to the blues.
Edited by Elocyn on 11/6/2012 1:46 AM PST
100 Gnome Warrior
"You aren't forced to do LFR / dailies. The problem is in your head. Raids are tuned for heroic gear. Your evening of wiping at 1% is imagined. Upgrades is optional."

This is straight, bold-faced lying, and is a discredit to the blues.

except raids are tuned for heroic dungeon gear
90 Blood Elf Priest
BnB
11/06/2012 01:35 AMPosted by Catupecu
I actually read the whole stuff, i seriosuly can't see what's wrong with it, enlighten me please.

I agree, not sure what op is on about.
90 Human Warlock
11/06/2012 01:37 AMPosted by Loans
Those are just pretty much common sense replies dude...

I don't even agree with the people to whom he's replying. But the extent to which he misrepresents their sentiments, and attempts to persuade them their feelings are wrong, is so blatant and obvious, he really shouldn't be doing this for a living.

Yes, I know what working in Customer Service is like. He's doing it wrong.
90 Human Warlock
11/06/2012 01:39 AMPosted by Lavinnelly

Raids are tuned for seasoned players with good coordination in heroic dungeon gear. Most actual players need the benefit of gear in order to kill anything, so arguing that upgrades are optional for them is really disingenuous.

The percentage of guilds that can actually kill things with gear for which they're "tuned" is rather small.
100 Draenei Shaman
11/06/2012 01:14 AMPosted by Elocyn
http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/242967-forcing-us-to-lfr-to-have-succes-in-normal-mode/

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/5847924838#7
100 Orc Hunter

Raids are tuned for seasoned players with good coordination in heroic dungeon gear. Most actual players need the benefit of gear in order to kill anything, so arguing that upgrades are optional for them is really disingenuous.

The percentage of guilds that can actually kill things with gear for which they're "tuned" is rather small.

Which means sooner or later they will get the kill regardless, so it's not really wrong with it.

I do see where the complain is comming from tho, they want to kill it right on this instant, while their dedication / preparation / coordination says otherwise. They want the stuff at the same rate that the people who actually put effort on their hobby. See where this is going?
Edited by Catupecu on 11/6/2012 1:48 AM PST
71 Human Warrior
Raids are tuned for seasoned players with good coordination in heroic dungeon gear. Most actual players need the benefit of gear in order to kill anything

Well, then, it's a good thing they have the option to do LFR, isn't it?

If you can't beat the content with your current team, you have other options. You can figure out what is holding you back and help your team fix it, find a team that will be able to beat it with you, or simply wait until they nerf the content you want to beat to a level that your team can handle.

This expansion just came out, and people are already complaining that they can't beat it yet. It's baffling.
Edited by Vâlyse on 11/6/2012 1:50 AM PST
90 Human Warlock
11/06/2012 01:41 AMPosted by Loans
Perhaps what you should consider is how can you get 1% more out of your raid without using gear.

The assumption that this is possible, and achievable in the short run, is quite simply a mis-perception of reality.

A group will tackle a boss at a given group skill level. This skill level won't radically improve during their attempts to kill that boss. If the killing doesn't go that well, the group will break up sooner than the players will improve radically.
100 Blood Elf Paladin
Seems like a fair reply, doesn't insult anyone, nor does he simply ignore the point of the post. Even if the point is flawed.

Disagrees, give reasoning behind it, nothing false, addresses the person in a calm mature manner.

I cannot see how this could be perceived as counter productive in any way especially since he was talking to someone who was breaking forum rules (multiple posts of the same topic).
100 Orc Hunter
11/06/2012 01:50 AMPosted by Elocyn
Perhaps what you should consider is how can you get 1% more out of your raid without using gear.

The assumption that this is possible, and achievable in the short run, is quite simply a mis-perception of reality.

A group will tackle a boss at a given group skill level. This skill level won't radically improve during their attempts to kill that boss. If the killing doesn't go that well, the group will break up sooner than the players will improve radically.

Now you are just spitting out nonesense for the sake of it.

The skill level DOES radically improve DURING boss attemps, we (a least on my group) adapt, deal with the stuff, improve, and rejoice after a kill.

Right now, for example, we are stuck at Elegon because of a tiny lack of DPS that could have been fixed with everyone actually bringing potions, flask, foods, and doing stuff like pre-potting, CD magnament, ETC.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]