Blue posts being counter productive

(Locked)

90 Human Rogue
From a pragmatic point of view, Blizzard is very aware of the catalystic nature of a blue post and have chosen carefully when/where they do it.

People constantly complain there is not enough of them and your initial thread is the reason why.
90 Human Warlock
11/06/2012 01:49 AMPosted by Vâlyse
Well, then, it's a good thing they have the option to do LFR, isn't it?

I personally think LFR is great, while all the dailies are a bit tedious. (But I do them.)

The disingenuous part is when someone doesn't enjoy LFR / dailies, and tells you he hates being given the choice to either do something he does not like, or fall behind his peers while others benefit from upgrades.

This is a legit complaint, and the answer to it is "That's how it is for now, sorry".

The answer isn't "You're imagining things", or "Your feelings are misguided". That's not an answer, that's disrespect for your customer.
100 Human Paladin
When some of your players are telling you that they don't like LFR, or dailies; and that they don't enjoy being forced to do them in order to aid their progression in normal and heroic raids; then the honest - and correct - response is this:

"We have analyzed the preferences of our player base, and we have come to the conclusion that most of our players enjoy the presence of LFR / dailies / insert feature more than its absence. Even though it isn't as challenging and compelling as raiding with friends, experience has taught us it is better that we offer something for players to advance their main characters, rather than nothing. It is true that this creates incentives which mean that if you choose to not do LFR / dailies, your gear level, and therefore your perception of your status within your group, can be somewhat lower. It is true also that if your whole group chooses to not participate, your group progression will be slower. However, we believe that most of our players prefer this to the alternative, which is that there's no way to continue progressing your character after you're done raiding. We cannot have it both ways, so this is how it's gonna be, for now."

To an extent, we did see the above, in blue posts other than Draztal's.

In Draztal's posts, however, we are seeing lots of this:

"You aren't forced to do LFR / dailies. The problem is in your head. Raids are tuned for heroic gear. Your evening of wiping at 1% is imagined. Upgrades are optional."

This is straight, bold-faced lying, and is a discredit to the blues.

well said.
90 Human Warlock
11/06/2012 01:56 AMPosted by Jeremaiah
People constantly complain there is not enough of them and your initial thread is the reason why.

I'm pointing out that there's blue posts, and then there's blue posts.

Ghostcrawler's I generally like. I hate the state of PvP in this season, and he still managed to write a blog to which I grumbled and said, okay, fine.

Draztal, meanwhile, is just plain arguing with the customers. He's not informing the players of anything useful, except that apparently he knows how they should perceive and experience the game more than they do.
100 Orc Hunter
He should just have quoted Illidan, nobody would be mad.

After all, THEY ARE NOT PREPARED.
71 Human Warrior
The disingenuous part is when someone doesn't enjoy LFR / dailies, and tells you he hates being given the choice to either do something he does not like, or fall behind his peers while others benefit from upgrades.

This is a legit complaint, and the answer to it is "That's how it is for now, sorry".

The answer isn't "You're imagining things", or "Your feelings are misguided". That's not an answer, that's disrespect for your customer.

Isn't it, though? How, exactly, should they fix this "problem"? LFR is there for those who want to do it. If you don't want to do it.....Don't do it. I guess I don't really understand what people expect Blizzard to do here.

If people are feeling pressured by their guilds to run LFR against their will in order to gear up, the problem is not LFR. The problem is that they are in a guild that is too hardcore for them. The solution is to find a guild that is more compatible.

EDIT: I didn't see anything inappropriate in the blue posts you linked.
Edited by Vâlyse on 11/6/2012 2:09 AM PST
87 Blood Elf Death Knight
I can tell you've never worked in this type of industry. I see no issues with his responses.

Quite frankly, it's only common sense to run LFR in order to have some sort of progression. You can have the chance of having an upgrade and it's a nice time to practice some strategies, and to learn.

Customer is not always right.
100 Night Elf Hunter
I don't see anything wrong with what he wrote at all. There's a difference between talking straight, and being rude.
100 Human Paladin
As one of the people who leapt into this discussion thoroughly - my comment to Zarhym back on the NA forums got a response which seemed to lead to the thread in question... I would like to chime in.

The OP needs to chill out and calm down.

Yeah, I certainly feel as though Zarhym and Draztal are a different sort of wow player than me, and I strongly disagree with a large quantity of what they have to say. Sometimes I feel like they really miss what matters to me as a player. Draztal in particular is someone who has absolutely pissed the living daylights out of me in previous forum threads and I have definitely looked at his posts and wondered how he and I could be playing the same game.

And doesn't that make him.... an interesting CM to have around?

CMs are there to foster discussion. Just because you personally disagree with them never makes their points invalid. These are discussion forums for a reason. We have CMs who discuss things with us. They aren't here to nod and agree with everything that you say. Haven't you ever come across a discussion where you actually engaged someone else in conversation and learned something from it? I know that I have enjoyed learning from discussions which we have had with the CMs (particularily the ones whose opinions differ from ours).

Also, let's all keep in mind that the CMs are not developers and they do not make design decisions. Their discussion with us here is not God's Word From Above About How The Game Works. They are there to engage with and monitor and improve the community in the forums. Part of how that works is that they talk to us - and they talk with us, and they discuss. Engaging with the community on hot button topics like LFR and grinding are something postive for them to do even if your feelings are like, super hurt, that they had the gall to politely disagree with you.

Blizzard forums are better with Draztals, who are well spoken, passionate, eager to discuss, willing to listen to players, and who will point for point engage us in conversation on the topics that matter most to us.

Sure, it's all over the front page of MMO. That's where it should be. We got a lot more interesting discussion out of his posts on very hot button topics - that he was not afraid to tackle, despite knowing it would hit every button for a ton of raiders like me. In addition I have seen him, unlike most posters on these forums, reflect quite clearly that he has carefully listened and responded to peoples' concerns. If wow forum posters are butt hurt that he had the gall to disagree with them, that is a personal problem and not a game problem.

So get off their case. The forums are much more interesting with his blue posts, no matter how wrong I think they are, than with drivel such as this.

The only problem with Draztal is that he posts on the EU forums so I can't go fight with him. :(
90 Draenei Priest
11/06/2012 01:23 AMPosted by Biblo
I take it you've never worked in the service industry.
90 Draenei Shaman
Man, just stop being a whiny little girl and the Blues will stop treating you like one. I've never seen a blue post that wasn't helpful in some way. Maybe they don't answer EXACTLY what you want, but they are not bloody psychic! They don't know what you want to hear. So shut the hell up and give them a break already!
MVP
100 Night Elf Priest
How this works:

Complainer: "I want <x> changed"

The blues: "We aren't changing <x> because of <y>"

Complainer: "This is terrible unprofessional service! I'm a paying customer!"
Community Manager
Thank you for taking the time to voice your concerns.

To provide feedback on the European community team, forum moderators, or MVPs, please email cmfeedback-en@blizzard.com. For feedback on the North American team, please email wowcmfeedback@blizzard.com.

Please note that while emails sent to the address will likely not receive a response, but each one will be read and handled accordingly.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]