Gratuitous bragging thread!

100 Human Paladin
Well for starters, this IS a bragging thread. You don't go into a bragging thread and complain that there's too much bragging going on.
I'm not complaining about the bragging. If I was, I would've started posting here a long time ago. You may not have noticed, but I haven't commented on the progression scene of Anvilmar for quite some time now. The only reason I'm on here now is because of the "significantly less raiding" remark.

Thirdly, it's not that we're kicking Voracity so much as we're poking fun at the people who've been trash talking us for a long time. MM came out of the gate putting us down and trying to discredit us
No, MM did not. One single player spoke frankly in our own guild forums. He was only in Voracity for a month or so. In that same thread, other guildies disagreed with his assessment.

Voracity treated us during Cataclysm I think people felt entitled to do some trashing back.
Not sure what either guild had to be proud of. Neither of us attained any meaningful progression kills throughout Cata.

It's like you guys live in a little bubble where you're unable of having a fun competitive atmosphere without taking yourselves so seriously.
I'm more than capable of doing that. I pretty much single-handedly started the trash-talking trend on Anvilmar back during Sunwell.

It's never a genuine congrats on progression, it's always some sort of back handed compliment trying to knock us down a peg.
Usually perpetrated by some rogue troll alt that does not represent Voracity in the slightest.

Lastly, most the members of AA and MM don't even know each other well enough to dislike each other. We have no idea why you guys started trashing us on your forums when you formed MM except that you must have been the core that disliked us in Voracity in the first place.
You got that from one single player in MM who has barely played with Voracity for a month?

We don't know though, from our point of view you guys broke off and decided you were already the best on the server, fact is though
This is where the aforementioned Shoulder Chip starts to rear its head. One rogue opinion from a single player =/= an entire's guild attitude.

...Voracity was only #1 on Anvilmar during ICC25, and that was after the top 2 guilds broke apart. That's the only time Voracity was ever competitive on Anvilmar
It started during Ulduar10/25. I was in Stoic at the time. They fell apart. I hopped on Voracity after spending 2 months failing to rebuild.

I wouldn't say noncompetitive. Top 250 US through most of Cata as a 25man raiding team isn't horrible.

some 3+ years ago and as for MM, you guys have never gotten ahead of us, so I'm not sure where the attitude comes from except maybe...
There is no attitude. You took one comment from a single player in MM and applied it to the entire guild.

The only thing I had a problem with (and the only reason why I started to post again) is the "significantly less raiding" comment that was made, especially since there are already places that have shown how many pulls you made on certain bosses. 74 (that we know of) attempts on Elegon, 104 attempts (that we know of) on Spirit Kings and you're already trying to brag about how you raid 'significantly less' than other guilds? Again, good kills, but stop pretending that you're in a different league.
Edited by Purifiedtart on 12/12/2012 4:56 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
http://i.imgur.com/dC12A.jpg

this thread
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I guess your non random spirit kings is better than our kill?
Reply Quote
Hey I never mentioned MM in that original comment. I said certain other guild that was putting down our progression.

Also it hasn't been just Jerry. But anyway like I said, I don't think the members of both guilds actually know each other well enough to genuinely dislike each other. Hell I pretty much only know you Tart and I've never had any problems with you.

But if you remember, someone said we wouldn't be taken seriously until we killed Spirit Kings. How is that not having an attitude? Another member of MM who doesn't know us personally, who's never beaten us in rank (at least on this server), telling us we're basically not a real guild in his eyes. Not only that but apparently you guys were keeping track of our repeat kills and putting those down too. He actually put us down for killing Sha only as many times as WEEKS IT'D BEEN OUT.

It's like driving around in a car, some kid comes up on a bicycle and makes fun of you for not being a nascar driver. Of course the guy in the car will be thinking "WTF". Even if that kid gets a sweet !@# car the next week, we'll still have that mental image of some kid saying something dumb.

Either way, it's not that AA thinks we're anything special. We're what I would call the higher end of middling. Wonder what that says about the rest of the realm ;p
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
12/12/2012 04:56 PMPosted by Drumstix

Did I brag about anything pertaining to my guild this expac?
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
http://i.imgur.com/dC12A.jpg

this thread

http://i.imgur.com/C2oeX.jpg
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
12/12/2012 05:00 PMPosted by Patrix
Either way, it's not that AA thinks we're anything special. We're what I would call the higher end of middling. Wonder what that says about the rest of the realm ;p

It says that nobody on this server has 'significantly raided' more than anyone else.
Reply Quote
12/12/2012 05:04 PMPosted by Purifiedtart

It says that nobody on this server has 'significantly raided' more than anyone else.

Except MM. Because they raid significantly more than we do. Other than them, I completely agree.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
12/12/2012 05:01 PMPosted by Purifiedtart

You are pointing out our attempts in comparison to yours. Just want to make sure you don't miss the fine print. ( not bragging, just observation)
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Except that MM doesn't. But tyvm for the skewed perspective.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
You are pointing out our attempts in comparison to yours.

Just for the record, how many of those attempts was Meng last in the order? I'll subtract those attempts from the overall record, mmmk?
Reply Quote
12/12/2012 05:10 PMPosted by Purifiedtart
You are pointing out our attempts in comparison to yours.

Just for the record, how many of those attempts was Meng last in the order? I'll subtract those attempts from the overall record, mmmk?

2. The 2nd time we got the perfect combo we killed it. Just for the record, how many times did it take you guys with the nerfed combo mmmk?
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Priest
There's no way to know that because we had several wipes before we got past Subetai. The times we reset are all sub 1 minute attempts that were always Zian or Meng second. We did not start resetting until after we had the first guy down, because we viewed it as a waste. I still considered those real attempts for this.

17 resets logged.
Total attempts in which I know we get Meng last (we killed Subetai) -- 3 (could have been more, but these are all the ones I know)
Total attempts overall -- 68? Again, IDK this number for sure either, because the api on that is terrible at the moment. They started counting our wipes from Cintrik, a recruit we picked up, but our OT's dps alt has 68 attempts.

The total attempts that I could see where we got Subetai second that are logged around just around ~20. I can't be certain of that number either. Again, these included ones where Meng was third.
Reply Quote
Alright, 3 then.
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Priest
2 was the number of times we got it on kill night. We got it once the night before. He never spawned, but we could see him.
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
2. The 2nd time we got the perfect combo we killed it. Just for the record, how many times did it take you guys with the nerfed combo mmmk?

I don't consider the 'perfect' combo to be that much more difficult than the second best combo. As long as Meng isn't last, then any other combo isn't that bad compared to the 'perfect' one. But whatevs, now we're just discussing minor details.
Reply Quote
100 Draenei Shaman
12/12/2012 04:24 PMPosted by Purifiedtart
^ Once again, a female gamer trying to post some PC, UN-style, "keep the peace", wishy-washy, 'don't want to offend anyone' -type post.

I hate your face.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Warrior
12/12/2012 04:24 PMPosted by Purifiedtart
^ Once again, a female gamer trying to post some PC, UN-style, "keep the peace", wishy-washy, 'don't want to offend anyone' -type post. Have some balls and show some hate, damn it!

your mother is a hamster and your father smells of elderberries
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Monk
Hey I never mentioned MM in that original comment. I said certain other guild that was putting down our progression.

Also it hasn't been just Jerry. But anyway like I said, I don't think the members of both guilds actually know each other well enough to genuinely dislike each other. Hell I pretty much only know you Tart and I've never had any problems with you.

But if you remember, someone said we wouldn't be taken seriously until we killed Spirit Kings. How is that not having an attitude? Another member of MM who doesn't know us personally, who's never beaten us in rank (at least on this server), telling us we're basically not a real guild in his eyes. Not only that but apparently you guys were keeping track of our repeat kills and putting those down too. He actually put us down for killing Sha only as many times as WEEKS IT'D BEEN OUT.

It's like driving around in a car, some kid comes up on a bicycle and makes fun of you for not being a nascar driver. Of course the guy in the car will be thinking "WTF". Even if that kid gets a sweet !@# car the next week, we'll still have that mental image of some kid saying something dumb.

That was me the only reason why I said anything was AA trolling us for not getting any progression outside of what we had in Voracity in a thread while I was to say we were a work in progress just give us some time. At the time AA only had 1 Elegon kill and a normal Sha kill even with a significant gear advantage. Again I was just trying to make a funny joke to a funny comment that Drumstix made, it was not intended to start that mess that Badglad created. At the time AA had a much higher gear advantage on Sprit Kings, a fight that requires alot of personal responsibility and alot of resetting anyways, which was basically the first real test that tier. I mean I understand reset kings but when you go three weeks without a kill yet your bragging when your only 1 heroic boss ahead, against 2 guilds that have been having issues, its kinda like WTH if your going to make statements atleast put some progression or better yet just let me and drumstix make our statements to each other and go on (he have been doing this since Cata). Like Badglad making promises on killing two bosses this week doesn't that kinda show that AA is playing with a chip on their shoulder or on a little bit of a high (which is kinda acceptable since they hadn't had a server first since T11 BWD).

Yet did you notice I came back like a man and said congrats on the Spirit Kings kill? Also on your server first was I not the first person to publicly give you guys a thumbs up? When we started MM I didn't want the Voracity chip on the shoulder to carry over, which apparently it did. Yet the same is true about not knowing us. Yes I was ahead on rank on this server against AA, I raided with Roshambo and helped them get their two server firsts. Did I rub it in your guys face, nope because I know what happened on Spine and did I not make a comment to that person saying you really dropped the ball for your guild at the time?

My issues with AA is coming into our recruitment threads while in Voracity and trolling it to the point the mods had to delete it twice and we made the decision that it wasn't in our best interest to post in our own server thread (which was kinda sad) and how members of your guild was trolling Googster and Roshambo as they were working on Heroic Rag. Let them be and don't try to disrupt a guild trying to do something, especially when they have never done a thing to anyone on this server and are a great bunch of people. I would also suggest talking to Badglad and a few others to tone it down, like I said at the time the progression wasn't that much different and lets be honest we were trying to get back on our feet.

But for the most part I like most of the people in AA, Ivy is a unique but good hearted person. I really liked working with Sinclair in alt raids and we have a friendly relationship. I loved screwing with you guys and the AA boxes flying overtop of it or doing something where I wasn't actually touching the boxes. Usually I don't condone random trolling but I like how Patrix always hits the acceptable targets. Me and Drumstix liked to be sacrastic to each other on the forums but I never had an issue with the guy and usually I smile when I read one of his posts (which is what I did on his Zing post, it just got out of hand past that point), while I know me and Throbb had a slight fallout because I called him out for trolling we have been on friendly terms since then and even though I have been ragging Badglad in this thread atleast he knows how to PVP when I did randoms with him and atleast knew how to put together a decent pug.
Edited by Ryxas on 12/12/2012 9:36 PM PST
Reply Quote

You have nothing to brag about.

@Ryxas: don't be a !@#$%ing ^-*!. You always come crying to the forums the moment you sense that you can stir up drama in between AA and anyone else just to boost your personal ego. Inb4 "lawl I don't care, it's just a game" response again.
Edited by Asmodejj on 12/12/2012 9:49 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]