Anyone else run into this person?

90 Worgen Death Knight
I'm farming Fool's Cap in Dreadwastes when all of the sudden I get the first whisper in the screenshot. I realize the person that sent this to me is on their mount about 15 feet away from me while I'm picking an herb. The only assumption I can make is that this person felt that the node I was herbing was indeed their node. I reply and keep on farming. About 10 minutes later I see this very same person picking an herb in front of me so I continue flying and then pick the very next herb in line. I mount up and move on to the next herb when this person basically parks on me and whispers me again. I reply with the "how old are you" line and then I get their crazy response. This person literally exploded over the fact that someone else decided to farm herbs in the same general location (giant area) as him / her.

Whoever you are - please calm down, relax and just enjoy the game. As the Pandaren would say, "Slow down".

NSFW language - <link>

-Edit, working link > http://tinypic.com/r/5zquu1/6
Edited by Nucleus on 11/7/2012 5:51 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Use imgur, tinypic is scary.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Death Knight
That was actually what I used initially but the link didn't work properly.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
Ignore list is such a wonderful tool , besides farming anything is a competition , so if you beat his !@# , the more the better.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
hahah warcraft farming is srsbzns

I get a kick out of people that think certain things in the game are theirs.
Yes I tagged that rare mob before you, it's now my kill I dont care how long you were staring at it. Yes I hit that ore node before you, your name wasnt on it, first come first serve.

The mentality that people have...well i saw it first therefore its mine...is all over this game.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Priest
Shaming the waggle!

I remember when you could ninja an herbing node from someone as a tauren druid (hated losing that when I faction changed.) Now that's a d*** move and I got plenty of angry whispers on that one.
Luckily, the time they took to log over and tell me off put enough distance between our rounds that it was no longer an issue in their eyes and I got a chuckle.
Threatening someone over an herbing node is pretty silly and to Mr. Priest, be careful. Blizzard doesn't usually take those threats lightly. You're luckiy Mr. Puppy didn't report you. Move ahead in the zone and call it good.

Kids these days...
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
It's the entitlement flu from into Pandaria and it is spreading.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
This is nothing more than an occupational hazard when you're playing for the Alliance.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
It's the entitlement flu from Cata and it is spreading.

fixed it for you
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
As far as nodes go, get Mist Piercing Goggles, they add nodes that really are just for you. All's fair in farming. With rare mobs it's common courtesy stretching back to the beginning of MMO that you bow out to someone who'd spent their time camping. It's not a bad thing to feel entitled if you spent hours or days camping. I at least give them a chance, if they are afk for more than 2 min and don't make a move then they weren't really that dedicated to the camp. Maybe I'm too old school, but a lot of drama can be avoided by being a decent person in & out of game.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
As far as nodes go, get Mist Piercing Goggles, they add nodes that really are just for you. All's fair in farming. With rare mobs it's common courtesy stretching back to the beginning of MMO that you bow out to someone who'd spent their time camping. It's not a bad thing to feel entitled if you spent hours or days camping. I at least give them a chance, if they are afk for more than 2 min and don't make a move then they weren't really that dedicated to the camp. Maybe I'm too old school, but a lot of drama can be avoided by being a decent person in & out of game.

All's fair, I don't care if you've been there camping for 2 seconds or 2 years, if I'm on the hunt for a rare and I have a chance to tag him first, I will.

Furthermore, if you're battling a rare that I need for my achievement and you're struggling, I will not assist you in your kill and instead wait for you to die so I can have a chance at it. I'd expect the same treatment from anyone else.

I will not kite mobs on to you, I won't grief you, but I'm not going to "bow out" just because someone I don't know (especially if you're Alliance) got there before I did. If I did that, I wouldn't have a single rare item in this game. You get rare mounts/achieves/etc. in this game by being opportunistic, not by standing by while 10 people before you have their turn to get it.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
I hear you, and I can honestly go either way. Take a rare hunter pet, like Skoll, if I was looking for him and someone is camping I'm not going to stay and wait hoping to tag him first. However if its Time Lost Proto Drake, Im not going to sit right next to someone but there are other places to wait on it's path. And no, I'm not assisting someone who bit off more than they can chew and they don't get a 2nd chance. To me it seems like people who go overboard with the ninja looting/tagging and griefing players are taking out their RL frustrations in a place where there are no real repercussions. If I was at a newspaper machine on the street and getting change from my pocket to get the last one, you wouldn't shove your way in front of me to grab it yourself, because the repercussion of that could range from getting chewed out to a broken nose, but in a game with the protection of anonymity you can be as big of a scumbag as you want. So I choose to play while being courteous to others, and I do just fine playing that way.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]