Cinder Kitten

1 Human Rogue
[quote]It was just the most appropriate adjective to use without digging into a Thesaurus or breaking the Code of Conduct myself. ;p

Bahahahahahha.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Death Knight
Im from New Jersey, infact i was born in Point Pleasant, a place that was hit really really hard i spent my time growing up in Seaside Heights and having fun in New York city, my friends and family were without power for a long time i already made my donation and due to my current situation (being half way across the country) i cant be there to help and rebuild, i applaud blizzard for helping with its donation to my home state, so you can take your conspiracy theorist !@# and bring it back home to your mama.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
Glad to see blizz cares about NY. Clearly didn't give a !@#$ when parts of the Southeast were without power for months after teh freak tornado storm last year.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
You sold out and now people are jaded. The fact you all still have dead servers online strictly to promote paid transfers says it all. (don't know the facts but thats what I see)

Pretty sure I can make up stuff too.

You even admit your making up stuff and since you're "jaded" your viewpoint is biased to seeing things in a poor light.

This is not place or time to be complaining about a company who's going to donate all the proceeds to charity.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
Good for you, Blizzard. I certainly will be buying this fiery little guy when he becomes available. I'm glad you are taking the proceeds and donating it to the people who need it most. Major props to you. :)
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
Hey guys I don't know if you're aware but you can make donations through iTunes, so if you're in a hurry to make a donation but don't know where to start that's a good starting point. It's just on the homepage of the iTunes store, on the right underneath the "new music" box.

11/09/2012 06:31 AMPosted by Sariax
Why not setup a preorder/donation tracking thing for the cinder kitten where payments can be taken now (to provide the maximum benefit for afflicted Sandy victims), and the kitten code received as soon as 5.1 drops?

^Do that Blizzles

But anyone finding fault in this is a sociopath and needs to go to jail.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
There should be a pre-purchuse for the cinder kitten. Pay the $ 10 and it gets donated right away, while we get the kitten in our mailboxes when the patch comes out! It would be just one more thing to be excited about!

I agree. infact i don't even mind if they give us a half-assed done job..THEN update it later.I would understand.The faster those guys get help the better and i know when blizzard opens up the pet, the floodgates of payments will open, heck I'd be more worried about the payment system buckling out of all the payments than anything else lol.

ALSO

thay don't have to tie the pet to patch 5.1, after all such huge content patches require time, testing, q and a's responses from ptr etc.We know it's gonna take time.I also know people currently have alot to do with all the faction farming and alt leveling to be done.So yeah in general , i don't think people are dying to see 5.1 out now....but i do know some people could sure use that redcross money.
Edited by Sinzia on 11/11/2012 9:50 AM PST
Reply Quote
Honestly the fact that they're supporting the Red Cross is a big reason for me NOT to buy this. I get that they're a big organization and all, but they have a really sketchy reputation with how they handle money and how little of the money they receive actually goes to the people who need it.

Also, yes, as the European boards have pointed out, none of this money will go to Cuba, which was devastated on a whole other level compared to NY/NJ.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
Because the kitten was not designed to be a charity issue until Blizzard decided to milk the issue for popularity sake.

If they actually cared about getting money to the Red Cross in support of the hurricane they would:

1) Already have something available.
2) Not be announcing it BEFORE the weeks it is going to take for 5.1 to be launched.

It's a pretty !@#$ty thing to do in order to 'look good' and although many people might think of me negative for saying it, they are just looking for a tax write-off and public karma.

You should not wait to support the hurricane relief effort with this marketing gimmick and instead donate directly to the red cross RIGHT NOW. People need support RIGHT NOW.

www.redcross.org

And make sure to look at donating blood every 60 days as well. Blood is very important and I can not stress that enough.

I am grateful that when they do get around to accepting donation purchases that they will raise a fair amount of money for the Red Cross and that is a wonderful thing, but they should get on the ball a bit quicker, that is the nature of an emergency.

If YOU actually cared about getting money to the Red Cross in support of the hurricane YOU would:

1) Have already donated to the Red Cross

2) Stop whining incessantly that the little, unimportant digital item you demand NOW isn't available yet and do option number one peacefully.

I live in NY and though I did not lose power, many people I know did. While many still are without power, fuel, and shelter, you complain about not having a new set of pixels to follow you around fast enough. You'll get your pet, impatient one.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid
Because the kitten was not designed to be a charity issue until Blizzard decided to milk the issue for popularity sake.

If they actually cared about getting money to the Red Cross in support of the hurricane they would:

2) Not be announcing it BEFORE the weeks it is going to take for 5.1 to be launched.

It's a pretty !@#$ty thing to do in order to 'look good' and although many people might think of me negative for saying it, they are just looking for a tax write-off and public karma.

I'm actually really happy that our business practices are nowhere near as cynical as you portray, though it literally makes me sick to my stomach to even read this. If you want to know some background (so you don't have to make it up yourself), the Cinder Kitten was already being set up as a charity pet prior to the hurricane. Once Sandy hit we recognized that we needed to change our plans. But, by that time, it became difficult to do much to change the timetable for getting this pet in the game and on sale. Anyway, with that context, to your points:

1) Already have something available? Like, we should have backup "disaster" pets in the game just waiting to be sold when the next disaster strikes. Tell me how that would be any more difficult for you to spin in some cynical way.

2) I already explained why we announced it. While the pet isn't available yet and the Blizzard Store isn't prepared to take the transactions, we need people to know we're doing this. If an adorable little pet is going to encourage a greater number of donations, I don't see the value in presumptively tearing down Blizzard for cynical PR, nor do I see the value in some of the other posts in this thread belittling people for needing to get something in return for a donation.

It's a situation that's mutually beneficial for Blizzard, our customers, the Red Cross, and those who need disaster relief. If all you want to do is find a way to spin this into some cynical ploy on anyone's behalf, I seriously want you to leave this thread and not come back.

i loved you before zarhym. now im sure i love you even more.
Reply Quote
90 Worgen Druid

You should not wait to support the hurricane relief effort with this marketing gimmick and instead donate directly to the red cross RIGHT NOW. People need support RIGHT NOW.

www.redcross.org

And make sure to look at donating blood every 60 days as well. Blood is very important and I can not stress that enough.

I am grateful that when they do get around to accepting donation purchases that they will raise a fair amount of money for the Red Cross and that is a wonderful thing, but they should get on the ball a bit quicker, that is the nature of an emergency.

oh so do you yourself actually donate money to the red cross, or do you always take indirect ways like this pet purchase for example to get money there?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]