Cinder Kitten

100 Blood Elf Death Knight
I live in NY, and still have friends/family with no electric, and in some cases so much damage they can't even go home, so this issue is definetly important to me.

I understand you can not patch the game to get the pet put in immediately, but what about opening up pre-orders? The money collected is needed sooner rather than later, as you are correct this is very time sensitive.

Please consider placing a Pre-order link for this in-game item, I think a number of players would be interested in using it.

I would preorder two of them as soon as the option became available.

Mos Def.
Reply Quote
94 Tauren Druid
Now if only there was a spare $6bn knocking around that hadn't been squandered on something pointless...
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
IIUC?

If I Understand Correctly
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
11/08/2012 08:15 PMPosted by Chargrilled
Mr floating skull, why do we not have a sha of happiness pet? :c

I'm still waiting on the shark from LK-Beta & Lil' Alexstrasza to be added...

& the Skeleton marionette, & cluckers...
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Shaman
11/08/2012 08:07 PMPosted by Novijen
It will be the first pet I buy from Blizz.

You and me both. I have friends up there that need all the help they can get.

This is a good thing you're doing, Blizzard. :)
Reply Quote

<3

OMG WHAT A GREAT IDEA
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
I live in southern Connecticut and I didn't lose power but most of my state did. Trees were down and flooding was everywhere. I live on the coast and it was horrible. I am definitely going to be adopting this pet the second it is out.
Reply Quote
That said, we were extremely anxious to get the announcement put up asap, as we recognize the time-sensitive nature of this charitable cause and wanted to make sure you all were at least made aware to expect it. :)

pre purchase available? ehh? ehh?
Reply Quote
100 Human Priest
Hey me too maybe we are neighbors :O
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Hunter

I would preorder two of them as soon as the option became available.

I agree with this. I'm sure it's not as simple as we think but it would be great to be able to preorder this little guy so we can get the money out there sooner and simply wait for the patch to arrive to have him.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
11/08/2012 08:00 PMPosted by Adelaide

Keep in mind we have to patch the game to get the pet added, which is what we're doing with Patch 5.1. Unfortunately, it's not at all a trivial process to build a "fast patch" to get the Cinder Kitten in the game before 5.1 is released.

That said, we were extremely anxious to get the announcement put up asap, as we recognize the time-sensitive nature of this charitable cause and wanted to make sure you all were at least made aware to expect it. :)

He's so adorable! Thank you all very much for your enthusiasm around adopting the little fella in the name of supporting the Red Cross, a truly remarkable organization helping to repair lives in the wake of Sandy.

Yay for adorable yet uncuddleable kitties.

Still waiting for baby talbuks.

Yay for quoting entire quotes and re-quotes.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
It reminds me of Staghelm's cat form in FL... except SUPER CUTE

{◕ ◡ ◕}
Edited by Shinodafan on 11/8/2012 9:02 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Troll Mage
11/08/2012 08:59 PMPosted by Chargrilled
That's the idea silly

Wow, that kind of response gave me a real adrenaline rush.

...no?
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
ETA = Estimated Time of Arrival

...anyone wanna take a stab at FUBAR?

I use ASAP sometimes for important things, As Slow As Possible.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
ETA = Estimated Time of Arrival

...anyone wanna take a stab at FUBAR?

!@#$ed up beyond all recognition.

That and SNAFU are my favorite acronyms.
Reply Quote
100 Human Death Knight
11/08/2012 07:57 PMPosted by Zarhym
I don't know why they don't just release it right away, the sooner its out the sooner people can get the help they need from this

Keep in mind we have to patch the game to get the pet added, which is what we're doing with Patch 5.1. Unfortunately, it's not at all a trivial process to build a "fast patch" to get the Cinder Kitten in the game before 5.1 is released.

He's so adorable! Thank you all very much for your enthusiasm around adopting the little fella in the name of supporting the Red Cross, a truly remarkable organization helping to repair lives in the wake of Sandy.

Could the kitten not be added to the store and we simply get it in our mailbox when the patch goes live?

That way we could purchase the kitten now get it later and it helps the people sooner.
Reply Quote
85 Gnome Warlock
I have to say for all the grief people give blizz, going back to the days of Ezra visiting via make a wish, they have often done some pretty charitable things. Of course it most often goes unnoticed. I know everytime I ride my ashes of al'ar I remember the story behind it, and feel a little bit better about my $15 a month.
Reply Quote
11/08/2012 09:26 PMPosted by Hâte
I have to say for all the grief people give blizz, going back to the days of Ezra visiting via make a wish, they have often done some pretty charitable things. Of course it most often goes unnoticed. I know everytime I ride my ashes of al'ar I remember the story behind it, and feel a little bit better about my $15 a month.

Whats the story behind ashes?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]