Cinder Kitten

90 Worgen Druid
Katrina nearly wipes Louisiana off the map, Blizzard helps get donations with the Cenarion Hatchling.

Sandy does very extensive damage to the eastern US, Blizzard helps get donations with the Cinder Kitten.

Nothing persuades people to help others like a cute little pet.

I might give a damn if people weren't holding on to their money until the pet gets released. They aren't doing it for charity they are doing it because they want something out of it. Truly sickening.

Welcome to Earth, you must be new here.

Seriously though, terrible things happen every day. Charities are around 365 days a year. Some people donate, some people don't. The Cinder Kitten is just a way for Blizzard to get the ones who normally don't donate to charities...to donate.

Be disgusted with mankind if you must, this is still a good thing.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
11/09/2012 12:23 AMPosted by Xanzül
Or you could donate now and then buy the pet later? Oh wait that option means you don't get anything the first time which is clearly the point.

Most of us have a limited amount of money available for charitable donations. Any money we donate later through the pet is money that's not being donated now.

Our total donation may very well be the same with or without the pet (although I don't doubt that some people will buy the pet with money they wouldn't otherwise have contributed). For those of us who were planning to donate the money anyway, the pet is just a bonus. But because of the lack of preorders, that bonus is creating a perverse incentive to hold on to our donations until the patch instead of contributing now.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Priest
11/09/2012 12:10 AMPosted by Shiá
I don't know why they don't just release it right away, the sooner its out the sooner people can get the help they need from this

aren't they only getting like 9% of the charity funds..?

The actual amount that goes to helping the people in need is about that much. Not only that but they are very anti gay/lesbian. With that I'm curious why blizz chooses redcross....
Reply Quote
1 Blood Elf Warrior
It doesn't matter when the donation gets "processed". The money will be going to the Red Cross general fund which goes to help everyone. It just that the Sandy victims are the main thing they are working on right now.

The donations from this will just go back in to replenish what they have spent.....so yeah its a great thing but time isn't a huge deal when its a monetary donation.
Edited by Pooz on 11/9/2012 1:14 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I have only purchased one vanity pet. That was the Little KT since it was on sale. I intend to purchase this for the full price due to the charitible nature of it and due to the fact that MY EYES BLEED FROM THE CUTENESS!!!!

This will make a perfect companion for my female Gnome priest.
Edited by Rheema on 11/9/2012 1:41 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Definitely buying this!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
11/09/2012 12:50 AMPosted by Arlie
The actual amount that goes to helping the people in need is about that much. Not only that but they are very anti gay/lesbian. With that I'm curious why blizz chooses redcross....

I'm not exactly a huge fan of that either with red cross. But people still need help. :(

And I know some people will say "well then why don't you just donate money in your spare time? Why get a pet?" I'm way off on the other side of the country. Can't perform manual labor. And really have no experience in that kind of help. I'd be dead weight. My intentions would be good but I'd be a waste. All of my old clothes are very tiny so I doubt they'd be of much use. Any money I spend on WoW is my moms since I'm unemployed.

It's why I like these little charity pets. Ten dollars might not seem like a lot but I'd like to help SOMEHOW. ( Also I'll admit I would've bought this adorable cute monstrosity even if it wasn't charity. Kittens are my one of my weaknesses )
Edited by Rosenivy on 11/9/2012 2:22 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Here's a thought - Why not make an item int he store for the kitten for people to donate, and just have you 'buy a account flag', sio that when the pet is released it just pops into your mailbox like the collector's edition pets and such ?
Reply Quote
81 Night Elf Druid
11/09/2012 03:36 AMPosted by Reihaido
Here's a thought - Why not make an item int he store for the kitten for people to donate, and just have you 'buy a account flag', sio that when the pet is released it just pops into your mailbox like the collector's edition pets and such ?

This!
Reply Quote
11/08/2012 08:09 PMPosted by Zarhym
It will be the first pet I buy from Blizz.

<3

Me too the panderan monk and baby KT were gifts from a friend. I am just fine with the pets in game but I will buy this one. Thank you blizzard for doing something so kind.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
11/09/2012 03:36 AMPosted by Reihaido

This. Preordering. Genius.
Reply Quote
100 Blood Elf Death Knight
either way, i am looking forward to it.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Priest
Just let us preorder them now and patch them in later. <3
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
I'm trying to remember. I seem to recall getting the MoP preorder pet early before MoP even came out. Couldn't Blizzard just do something similar with this pet? Have our accounts marked for "hey they bought this pet. ship it to them at a designated date" kind of like what happened with the quillen mount and pet?
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight

My uncle lived in the path of the storm. Any way I can help the effort, I will.

How about just donating to the red cross?

Already did.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
EDIT: Seems a lot of people have the idea of buying an account flag. It sounds like a great idea, barring technical limitations/legal limitations. I'm all for it!
Edited by Darkke on 11/9/2012 5:57 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
11/08/2012 07:57 PMPosted by Zarhym
Unfortunately, it's not at all a trivial process to build a "fast patch" to get the Cinder Kitten in the game before 5.1 is released.

Yes, of course we understand the technical challenges and will patiently wait for the release as mature adults and thank you for making it a charitable cause.

On the other hand...

OMG Cinder Kitty!! Cuteness overload!! Need it now!! :D
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
Why not setup a preorder/donation tracking thing for the cinder kitten where payments can be taken now (to provide the maximum benefit for afflicted Sandy victims), and the kitten code received as soon as 5.1 drops?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]