Cinder Kitten

90 Pandaren Hunter
this is my response to the no ETA on the cinder kitty
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Azz-6oT08c
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
The Cenarion Hatchling was for the tsunami in Japan. Katrina happened before WoW even had its first anniversary. In fact, I don't even think there was a Blizzard store at that time.

Get your facts straight.

The store was around. Where else would they even sell the hatchling? Other pets have happened on that store before the Cenarion Hatchling came out.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
this is my response to the no ETA on the cinder kitty
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Azz-6oT08c

Awesome
Reply Quote
100 Pandaren Rogue
11/08/2012 07:57 PMPosted by Zarhym
I don't know why they don't just release it right away, the sooner its out the sooner people can get the help they need from this

Keep in mind we have to patch the game to get the pet added, which is what we're doing with Patch 5.1. Unfortunately, it's not at all a trivial process to build a "fast patch" to get the Cinder Kitten in the game before 5.1 is released.

That said, we were extremely anxious to get the announcement put up asap, as we recognize the time-sensitive nature of this charitable cause and wanted to make sure you all were at least made aware to expect it. :)

He's so adorable! Thank you all very much for your enthusiasm around adopting the little fella in the name of supporting the Red Cross, a truly remarkable organization helping to repair lives in the wake of Sandy.

Why not do some kind of pre-order then? Allow the pet to be ordered today so donations can start flowing to those that need it sooner and when 5.1 hits then the pet would be active for accounts that got redeemed the code?
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Death Knight

Keep in mind we have to patch the game to get the pet added, which is what we're doing with Patch 5.1. Unfortunately, it's not at all a trivial process to build a "fast patch" to get the Cinder Kitten in the game before 5.1 is released.

That said, we were extremely anxious to get the announcement put up asap, as we recognize the time-sensitive nature of this charitable cause and wanted to make sure you all were at least made aware to expect it. :)

He's so adorable! Thank you all very much for your enthusiasm around adopting the little fella in the name of supporting the Red Cross, a truly remarkable organization helping to repair lives in the wake of Sandy.

Why not do some kind of pre-order then? Allow the pet to be ordered today so donations can start flowing to those that need it sooner and when 5.1 hits then the pet would be active for accounts that got redeemed the code?

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7006246177

Already been suggested! Please check out my main discussion thread about the topic of preordering the pet. In which I discuss how the preorder will give more time to the development team and expedite any fund raising money from the pet.
Edited by Mælstromedos on 11/9/2012 6:52 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
It will be the second pet I buy off the store after the Japan tsunami relief one.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
11/09/2012 12:50 AMPosted by Arlie

aren't they only getting like 9% of the charity funds..?

The actual amount that goes to helping the people in need is about that much. Not only that but they are very anti gay/lesbian. With that I'm curious why blizz chooses redcross....

Um, no (as far as the amount).

http://www.bbb.org/charity-reviews/national/human-services/american-red-cross-in-washington-dc-679/financial

Any BBB Accredited Charity has to use at least 65% on the actual programs. From 2011 reports, they are in the 90's percentage wide, with 4% going to admin, 4% going to fundraising. Even the President of the non-profit has a far more modest salary than most well-known charities out there.

As far as being anti-LGBT, don't blame the Red Cross for something that is actually a federal ban from the FDA.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
The Cenarion Hatchling was for the tsunami in Japan. Katrina happened before WoW even had its first anniversary. In fact, I don't even think there was a Blizzard store at that time.

Get your facts straight.

The store was around. Where else would they even sell the hatchling? Other pets have happened on that store before the Cenarion Hatchling came out.

Hurricane Katrina hit in late 2005. We weren't even in BC yet.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock

The Hatchling was for the japan tsunami though.
Reply Quote
88 Human Death Knight
11/09/2012 07:19 AMPosted by Rosenivy

Tsunami was during Cata.
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/2717672

I plan on buying two of the Cinder Kitten. One for me, one for a friend.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
11/09/2012 07:19 AMPosted by Rosenivy

I was correcting someone who said the hatchling was for Katrina.
Edited by Musubi on 11/9/2012 7:25 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight

Tsunami was during Cata.
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/2717672

I plan on buying two of the Cinder Kitten. One for me, one for a friend.

That's my plan too. Not sure which friend but it will only be one.
Edited by Nelaniena on 11/9/2012 7:38 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
11/09/2012 07:24 AMPosted by Musubi

.........................*derp moment. Sorry*
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Hunter
11/09/2012 07:24 AMPosted by Musubi

hey hey play nice now FG
Reply Quote
Bit of a different question: If you have multiple accounts on your battle.net, do you need to buy a pet for each account to use, or is one pet good enough?

Before the whole battle pet thing, you needed to buy for each account....but I haven't gotten a store pet in a while so, I dunno if anything has changed in that regard...
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I completely forgot about those!

Later tonight I must try them. I only did the one at 85 it was okay did not get anything other then the tabard. But that is okay with me hehe
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Warlock
11/08/2012 07:57 PMPosted by Zarhym
I don't know why they don't just release it right away, the sooner its out the sooner people can get the help they need from this

Not sure about others, but I am willing to prepay for it now and wait for it to arrive from Pandaria in order to help my friends back east :)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]