Cinder Kitten

90 Blood Elf Warlock
11/09/2012 09:13 AMPosted by Worldpvp
Glad to see we are worrying about cinder kitty vanity items while conquest points are bugged ^_^

Cute things beats pvp everytime
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
As a resident of Northeastern NJ, I applaud your efforts. We're getting reports in from friends in Staten Island and the Jersey Shore that FEMA is straight up denying claims right now and also is not reliably distributing recovery packages.

As such, we packed up a rented 4WD SUV, drove over, and handed out items in Staten Island by hand ourselves this past Tuesday.

This was not just food and stuff. It was small bilge and sump pumps to help people clean out their houses so they can at least access the dry portions of their homes (the upstairs.)

Most Americans can't even fathom (I sure as hell could not) what it looks like, it's complete devastation in places.

Many still don't have power. I got lucky and only lost power the night of landfall for about an hour. My FiOS never went out (Shameless plug).

If Blizzard is going to give this money to the Red Cross, more power to them. The Red Cross has been there SINCE LANDFALL and have been doing as well as they possibly could considering how unsafe it still is and how undermanned they are.

I am considering buying 5 of these kittens and giving them to friends simply to help support outside of our now daily shipments to Staten Island of groceries, blankets, clothes, and food.

Awesome Story!
Reply Quote
1 Pandaren Rogue
I live in NY, and still have friends/family with no electric, and in some cases so much damage they can't even go home, so this issue is definetly important to me.

I understand you can not patch the game to get the pet put in immediately, but what about opening up pre-orders? The money collected is needed sooner rather than later, as you are correct this is very time sensitive.

Please consider placing a Pre-order link for this in-game item, I think a number of players would be interested in using it.

I've already donated, am considering donating blood, and I would still preorder this if they gave us the option.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
11/08/2012 08:00 PMPosted by Adelaide
Still waiting for baby talbuks.

I support this.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
11/08/2012 07:57 PMPosted by Zarhym
He's so adorable! Thank you all very much for your enthusiasm around adopting the little fella in the name of supporting the Red Cross, a truly remarkable organization helping to repair lives in the wake of Sandy.

Question--does the Cinder Kitten behave like a camp fire, similar to Lil'Ragnaros? If not please add that in. :D
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
As a resident of Northeastern NJ, I applaud your efforts. We're getting reports in from friends in Staten Island and the Jersey Shore that FEMA is straight up denying claims right now and also is not reliably distributing recovery packages.

As such, we packed up a rented 4WD SUV, drove over, and handed out items in Staten Island by hand ourselves this past Tuesday.

This was not just food and stuff. It was small bilge and sump pumps to help people clean out their houses so they can at least access the dry portions of their homes (the upstairs.)

Most Americans can't even fathom (I sure as hell could not) what it looks like, it's complete devastation in places.

Many still don't have power. I got lucky and only lost power the night of landfall for about an hour. My FiOS never went out (Shameless plug).

If Blizzard is going to give this money to the Red Cross, more power to them. The Red Cross has been there SINCE LANDFALL and have been doing as well as they possibly could considering how unsafe it still is and how undermanned they are.

I am considering buying 5 of these kittens and giving them to friends simply to help support outside of our now daily shipments to Staten Island of groceries, blankets, clothes, and food.

I plan on buying 5 or 6 as well. I wish I lived so much closer so I could help the people who need it, but alas... I am stuck in Michigan without the funds to get out there. I could help the hospitals and shelters :( Patient Care Technician/Nursing Assistant. I have all monday through friday off next week D:

But I will buy this pet and at least help out, even if it is only a little bit.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
I am donating because its a good cause. I can wait for my kitten. Blizz was very generous to make this pet for charity when that wasn't the original intention.

Thanks blizz! :)
Edited by Dalkin on 11/9/2012 10:19 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock

I plan on buying 5 or 6 as well. I wish I lived so much closer so I could help the people who need it, but alas... I am stuck in Michigan without the funds to get out there. I could help the hospitals and shelters :( Patient Care Technician/Nursing Assistant. I have all monday through friday off next week D:

Even though we can't be there physically for our friends and loved ones affected, every little bit will help them :)

so about the preorder deal, is it ready yet?
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Death Knight

Even though we can't be there physically for our friends and loved ones affected, every little bit will help them :)

so about the preorder deal, is it ready yet?

I emailed wowcmfeedback@blizzard.com my thread about it so hopefully they are working on something.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
11/08/2012 06:50 PMPosted by Bubblykiss
whats an ETA?

It's an acronym.

Not an acronym, it's an abbreviation. An acronym is an abbreviation that can be pronounced like a word. NASA, FEMA, NORML are all acronyms.

*Rainbow* The more you know
This PSA was brought to you by the letter Q and the number -∞
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
Not an acronym, it's an abbreviation. An acronym is an abbreviation that can be pronounced like a word. NASA, FEMA, NORML are all acronyms.

*Rainbow* The more you know
This PSA was brought to you by the letter Q and the number -∞

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_HscBWJhNQ

This helps too.
Reply Quote
81 Night Elf Druid
DO WANT NAO!

Hai there little fire kitteh, I'm gonna hug you... OWOWOWOW IT BURNS!!!

It's ok fire kitteh I can't be mad at you.

Please let us preorder this NAO! SHUT UP AND TAKE OUR MONEY! Or to go old school.

I'll pay 50$ for one!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
11/09/2012 10:31 AMPosted by Kittyamazing

I like to think it's the Sha of Happiness in a reincarnated form. Maybe something like Doctor Who.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
11/09/2012 10:33 AMPosted by Rosenivy

I like to think it's the Sha of Happiness in a reincarnated form. Maybe something like Doctor Who.

That's it, I'ma name mine Doctor Kitty.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
11/09/2012 10:35 AMPosted by Ikinai
That's it, I'ma name mine Doctor Kitty.

I rarely name my pets. I can never be that clever.
Reply Quote
23 Tauren Druid
I live in NY, and still have friends/family with no electric, and in some cases so much damage they can't even go home, so this issue is definetly important to me.

I understand you can not patch the game to get the pet put in immediately, but what about opening up pre-orders? The money collected is needed sooner rather than later, as you are correct this is very time sensitive.

Please consider placing a Pre-order link for this in-game item, I think a number of players would be interested in using it.

Pre-ordering is a superexcellent idea! Would buy x5!
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Priest
ETA = Estimated Time of Arrival

...anyone wanna take a stab at FUBAR?

umm Blizz staff?
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid

Pre-ordering is a superexcellent idea! Would buy x5!
w

Quercus is correct...

If the pet isn't ready for release then why not just do a pre-release purchase ability, so that when it is it will just show up on the accounts that have purchased it.

That way the money is available to help the victims of Sandy and the players will have the pet as soon as it is available without having to make the purchase then, and potentially be told that the server is too busy to process their orders on the date of release.

Just saying...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]