100% Bots in BGS from 85-90.

90 Night Elf Druid
I'm putting this in general discussion because this affects all of us.

I've played in BGs the past two days, on the horde team there are at least 90% + bots in the whole team if not all of them.
Here is a screenie of them just chilling out at Mines:
http://imgur.com/WfStn

I dont particularly see this as a problem because I see this as free xp and wins while they sit at one node. The main problem here is that people just CANNOT BE F(8(*&@# lvling. Blizzard either should reduce the amount of experience per level or make it fun in some different way. I'm not entirely sure if it will be beneficial for them to ban every single person out there who bots, which I believe the numbers will be reaching past thousands.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
All you can do is report them via tickets and make sure you include:

Names
Their server
What Battleground
Battleground time
Map (if known)
Any other details you think important

Personally, I'm a fan of perma-banning. 3 strikes and you're out. There's another gaming company who, while people think are very harsh, does this very effectively and they keep their player base under control.
Reply Quote
90 Troll Rogue
Lol, this rogue was in a guild in FM and I would say 80% of the guild population is botter.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Paladin
Only thing i miss about going horde is actually winning random BGs. So many bads. Glad i prefer to pve than pvp.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
All you can do is report them via tickets and make sure you include:

Names
Their server
What Battleground
Battleground time
Map (if known)
Any other details you think important

Personally, I'm a fan of perma-banning. 3 strikes and you're out. There's another gaming company who, while people think are very harsh, does this very effectively and they keep their player base under control.

I'm sorry, that wont do much at all. All blizz need is for a GM to go into a few BGs and it is obvious who is botting. It would take a few AVs and you've got a large number of botters gone. This is game ruining
Reply Quote
87 Dwarf Hunter
Thanks for starting this thread Zylaar. This is a something that most of us that PVP are thinking. Strangley enough the same thing is happening on the Alliance side as well. It seems to be we PVP'ers don't actually count anymore. (Just check the gear stats, and the fact that there is nothing gear wise that sets us apart from your average PVE player). I mysef PVP all day as do many.

Sad thing is that the majority of our losses come from the fact that AFK'ers whom takeup spaces that would normally be taken by actual players who would help us WIN or LOSE are being taken up by these non players.

Seems that I keep seeing the same names cropping up that are AFK as well.

Horde or Alliance, I have toons on both sides. All, call them the same thing and this is BOTS. I've seen them running into walls and keep running, they set other players on follow, and do nothing to help us iether win or lose the BG's we play. We all complain as to how many BOTS we have each game (the number seems to be growing). I have seen as many as 6 BOTS a single BG. (For the uninformed a BG is a Battle Ground Instance).

Blizzard couldn't give a damn about this unfornately, so the issue will never be resolved. As long as they get their monthly membership fees they are happy. Myself, if I were someone that actually mattered in the scheme of things (unfortunately I'm not) would perhaps look at how many times someone was kicked from a BG for being AFK. At a certain point or number of kicks I would look at perhaps giving out a 3 day ban as a warning to stop doing it.

So I think its up to you... Blizzard HELP STAMP OUT INTENTIONAL AFK'ers..
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
Yes it is sad and blizzard has acknowledged it in a previous blue post, hopefully its just a matter of time before people get punished.

How much time will it take for blizzard to act?

Probably years. Who knows bro.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Mage
Absolutely support getting these people banned. I've pvped so much since vanilla but bots have completely destroyed BGs recently. Now I only pvp at lower levels.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Myself, I've had enough.
Been playing / paying, for 4 years and now I have canceled my repeating subscription.
Blizz has unfortunatly become like there current PvP content...To many bots and not enought real people. Blizz has grown to big over the last few years and have not kept up on thier support staff side of the buisness.
Blizzard use to be a great company, sadly, not any more.
Blizzard's new moto...MONEY, MONEY, MONEY, screw the quality, let's take more MONEY!
Reply Quote
87 Dwarf Hunter
Trebon I agree 100% with that statement. I've only been paying and playing for 3 years but have noticed a serious degradation in their online support. You'd think that with amount of profit they are making on this game that as they grow so would their support staff. Not the case it seems.

Try lodging ticket these day's and get an instant minimun wait time 2 days, maybe if your lucky they contact ya before then but don't count on it. When we as players have a valid complaint such as I believe these are. WE are told "Put it in the forums" and then what...

This Afk'd players is getting beyond a joke. PVP wins used to be determined by the skill of the group as a whole, though we all must admit some work harder than others because of skill or better understanding of how the BG is played to obtain the win.

Even this isn't working now because when a full third of the team is AFK or have set the other playing toons on follow, how can the group PVP effectively.

I think its come down to what side has the least AFK players that will determine who wins. I think if nothing is done about it by the powers that be, then pvp as we know it will cease to exist. I'm not sure about the rest of the readers, but I strongly feel that Blizards inaction may be an intentional way to erradicater PVP side from the game.

Some may think this is a crazy statement, but my reasoning is as follows;

1. Players with mutiple toons are being bogged down with a multitude of daily quests so they can get better gear for their PVE gear. (WE all need them as we need to make money flasks, repairs and food all cost gold). I have level 5 90 toons each with separate professions. This means means i have over 100 daily quests to do just to be able to use my toons proffesions effectively. Gives me a hell of a lot of time for PVP doesn't it.

2. PVP players nolonger get a PVP weapon and must PVE to obtain one. Anything worth getting, has to be obtained after we get a certain item level. Lucky us if we get 7.5k Conquest we can get our first PVP weapon and just check its item lvl a joke I think.

2. Valor can't be traded anymore for conquest. So its arena or consistant PVP.

3. Finally, don't get me started on these mote of harmony. Yet another way for us to be minimising the time we spend doing our beloved PVP. Because we have to spend hours running around Pandaria killing npc's just to get them.

Add it all up and read between the lines, After reading this do you really think Blizzard cares a single bit about the PVP aspect of this game. Of course they don't. If they did they would have stopped the growing numbers of AFK'ers in these Battlegrounds.

A shame actually considering the profiut they would have made on the "World PVP Championships".

Thanks for reading.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Team with less bots win!!!!!

This is the true fact. Blizz does not take care of the random battle grounds. Bots make up 3/4 of the teams. Blizz is diff. lacking in tech support and taking care of this issue.

If you BOT you should be banned, it is cheating.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Death Knight
I like random BGs...grins and I think we should get an achievement for killing bots...since that all there seems to be these days
Reply Quote
49 Night Elf Hunter
Some may think this is a crazy statement, but my reasoning is as follows;1. Players with mutiple toons are being bogged down with a multitude of daily quests so they can get better gear for their PVE gear. (WE all need them as we need to make money flasks, repairs and food all cost gold). I have level 5 90 toons each with separate professions. This means means i have over 100 daily quests to do just to be able to use my toons proffesions effectively. Gives me a hell of a lot of time for PVP doesn't it.2. PVP players nolonger get a PVP weapon and must PVE to obtain one. Anything worth getting, has to be obtained after we get a certain item level. Lucky us if we get 7.5k Conquest we can get our first PVP weapon and just check its item lvl a joke I think. 2. Valor can't be traded anymore for conquest. So its arena or consistant PVP. 3. Finally, don't get me started on these mote of harmony. Yet another way for us to be minimising the time we spend doing our beloved PVP. Because we have to spend hours running around Pandaria killing npc's just to get them.Add it all up and read between the lines, After reading this do you really think Blizzard cares a single bit about the PVP aspect of this game. Of course they don't. If they did they would have stopped the growing numbers of AFK'ers in these Battlegrounds.A shame actually considering the profiut they would have made on the "World PVP Championships".Thanks for reading.

I absolutely agree with the above statements, I hate that i have to do 2-3 wks of dailies to receive a pve weapon because there are no other options for pvp weapon. Makes me sick that this is the new wow, I've been playing wow for 6 years now, and I hate that pvp has been so hammered, and the bots are incredible, you would think WOW would provide an option for pvp weapons and a faster way to get rid of the bots in the bgs. Hopefully they read the forums.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
1- Sorry, but just to help you out here.. i dont mean to correct you in any mean way at all.. just to inform you that you can get 16 motes of harmony from farming when you are exalted with the tillers (doesn't take long). plant the songbell seeds and voila there you go.

2 - I personally dont think it is that ridiculous to have to farm for conquest weapons at all! The Ilvl is not the issue here. yes the damage seems to be lower then our higher PVE weapons but you need to take into consideration the PVP power you obtain from it, REALLY makes a difference.

3- I've been playing since vanilla, no it has not become harder to obtain gear.. trust me it is a piece of cake now compared to how it used to be.

Hope this helps ? >< :)
Reply Quote
19 Troll Hunter

I'm sorry, that wont do much at all. All blizz need is for a GM to go into a few BGs and it is obvious who is botting. It would take a few AVs and you've got a large number of botters gone. This is game ruining

Supporting this !!!!
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Sorry but blizzard isn't going to ban people just of a few bots in bgs. You don't see bots in RBGs, Raids or even end game dungeons so that's not affecting blizzards end game focus which is what this game is about. The bots come and go because that guy who is botting will only bot till he is leveled or has the gear he wants, so banning a player cause of a few days of botting is not smart business move which is what blizzard is about. No one will miss you guys, cya.
Reply Quote
53 Worgen Druid
I've only seen 6-10 max bots don't really bother me unless its wsg cause one extra player helps....
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
thats weird i thought ur SS was showing them defending mines...hum...
Edited by Tëmpö on 3/7/2013 12:01 AM PST
Reply Quote
I have played since near release. I haven't played continually but I have played in every expansion and have capped both Horde and Alliance on 4 different servers without ever paying to transfer (starting lvl 1 from scratch).

The Grand Marshall weapons and HWL weapons came later, and you had to be the current HWL or GM to obtain them. It was insanely difficult so you are just plain wrong to think it is more difficult now to obtain PvP weapons.

But this thread is about the Bots. Back then Farming bots were a huge problem, now it is BG bots. I wish they would take this seriously as it absolutely is CHEATING.

I can also tell you that the in-game customer service has become far less personal. I think they probably had too many lame pointless complaints that wasted a lot of time and therefore money. Whatever the reason, it feels like we have less of a voice than ever in the history of the game.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]