Forcing players to AFK until they are geared

90 Pandaren Monk
Getting beat down in a few hits is never fun in PVP. Dont let me hear "But I try anyways" because that is just crap. What's fun about trying when you die in a few hits anyways? REMOVE HONOR CAP BEFORE WE REACH MAX LEVEL ALREADY!
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
convert all your justice into honor so you don't have to endure the beat downs in bgs.
Reply Quote
41 Gnome Priest
Go buy the Contender's pvp gear.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
Everything dies in a few hits. Regardless of gear.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
11/09/2012 11:45 AMPosted by Christhemity
Everything dies in a few hits. Regardless of gear.

So very true.

Keep at it Cunli dont get discouraged.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
It does get frustrating gearing up. Not saying I've done it this expansion, but I've done it in many other seasons on many of my characters. it sucks hitting the cap and being outgeared and getting owned.

That said, I dont even BG enough while leveling to make it worth it. Its 10x faster to just quest to 90 and start your BG grind there. Even while leveling in BGs there are always ppl who outgear you

11/09/2012 11:43 AMPosted by Healstime

This. Not saying my gear is good but I basically hit 90 and bought everything. It was pretty cheap, cheaper then trying to stay ahead of the pack while leveling and keeping up with BG heroes every 5 levels.

Get the JC rings/neck (they dont have resil but they are cheap and level 90 blues), get the crafted set made. I have the helm too but I used my engi goggles instead. Get some decent enchants and a weapon crafted, it makes a big difference in starting your PVP life at the level cap
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Death Knight
I dont think its fair that the programmers take time from their schedules to visit you at your house and put a gun to your head and force you to do this sort of stuff.

tehy never visit me.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
11/09/2012 11:41 AMPosted by Chunlî
Getting beat down in a few hits is never fun in PVP. Dont let me hear "But I try anyways" because that is just crap. What's fun about trying when you die in a few hits anyways? REMOVE HONOR CAP BEFORE WE REACH MAX LEVEL ALREADY!

There is crafted PvP gear that can help players get off on the right foot. Actually participating in a Battleground increases your team's likelihood of winning (even under-geared players can CC, heal, or even just act as speed bumps - if you genuinely believe that you can't help in other ways, damage you are taking is still damage a team mate isn't taking). By participating, a player can accrue honorable kills, which nets more Honor. Under-geared players can also make a point of sticking with larger groups - there is safety in numbers, and getting lost in the crowd can help you stay alive long enough to make a difference.

There's a handy little guide on things you can do to give yourself an edge over on Arena Junkies.

Facing the challenges involved with PvPing versus more well geared players is something that nearly all players face in Battlegrounds. There is never call to violate the terms of service and put your account (and any gear you've acquired by exploiting) at risk by AFKing in Battlegrounds.
Edited by Daxxarri on 11/9/2012 12:41 PM PST
Reply Quote
86 Orc Hunter
11/09/2012 11:43 AMPosted by Healstime

What I do is buy the cheapest pieces except maybe 4 (including rings, neck, back). Then my first honor reward go towards replacing those missing slots. You will have more than enough money to afford this from levling to 90.

Honestly, WHY get farmed all day when you're sitting on the gold to change that. WHY put yourself through that misery?
Edited by Petwru on 11/9/2012 12:39 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Mage
really, the only broken part of BGs is at low levels. a player in full Heirloom can, and WILL, three-shot any player with no Heirloom gear. and since they don't have exp turned off, they fight against people trying to level up via BGs, since some might not like questing and others just hate dungeons.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I have only 5 pieces of pvp gear which to about 46% resilliance. I normally own healing meters (i pvp heal because I enjoy it) (lawlhealing meters) but anyways i was more wanting to point out that I contribute usually 8+ million healing done over a good bg (I think that's a bit of a low ball number to be fair). It's not a small amount of healing that I put out emaning that my team is alive longer meaning we are more likely to win :).
Reply Quote
81 Night Elf Druid
What about all those Bot stories I keep hearing about? I don't usually pvp anyway, but I did want to go for some acheives at some point. I'm kinda leery of going near a BG till all that mess is cleared up.
Reply Quote
Fighting other players who out gear me helps me improve my skill level a little bit more each time.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Rogue
CtA IoC get your free honor
Reply Quote
Community Manager
11/09/2012 12:45 PMPosted by Roarakin
Fighting other players who out gear me helps me improve my skill level a little bit more each time.

I realize it's not for everyone, but I find this particularly compelling. Sure, it's fun on occasion feeling like a wrecking ball, but nothing matches the rush of taking down an obviously more well-geared player via superior skill or tactics.
Edited by Daxxarri on 11/9/2012 12:49 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
11/09/2012 12:49 PMPosted by Daxxarri

I realize it's not for everyone, but I find this particularly compelling. Sure, it's fun on occasion feeling like a wrecking ball, but nothing matches the rush of taking down an obviously more well-geared player via superior skill or tactics.

Or as is in my case, with dumb nub luck :)

I find that even more satisfying actually, knowing a poor pvper like me actually beat a geared player, it's happened, not often, but it has happened.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
11/09/2012 12:49 PMPosted by Daxxarri

I rarely encounter those situations now due to the large amounts of bots on my team =(. Normally the enemy team is steamrolling us because we don't have real players.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warrior
11/09/2012 12:34 PMPosted by Daxxarri

There is crafted PvP gear that can help players get off on the right foot. Actually participating in a Battleground increases your team's likelihood of winning (even under-geared players can CC, heal, or even just act as speed bumps - if you genuinely believe that you can't help in other ways, damage you are taking is still damage a team mate isn't taking). By participating, a player can accrue honorable kills, which nets more Honor. Under-geared players can also make a point of sticking with larger groups - there is safety in numbers, and getting lost in the crowd can help you stay alive long enough to make a difference.

There's a handy little guide on things you can do to give yourself an edge over on [url="http://www.arenajunkies.com/news/539-mists-of-pandaria-level-90-pvp-preparation/"]Arena Junkies[/url].

Facing the challenges involved with PvPing versus more well geared players is something that nearly all players face in Battlegrounds. There is never call to violate the terms of service and put your account (and any gear you've acquired by exploiting) at risk by AFKing in Battlegrounds.

Playing the part of "speed bump" is hardly fun.

And account at risk for AFKing? That made me laugh. Tell the other half of the team chillin out that as well cause its happening alot. Which ruins the game for the rest of us so yeah lets see some action on those afk bots. Not just words.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]