Forcing players to AFK until they are geared

1 Pandaren Rogue
There is never call to violate the terms of service and put your account (and any gear you've acquired by exploiting) at risk by AFKing in Battlegrounds.

Botting is against to the ToS, yes, but just AFKing in a battleground? lmfao
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Or you could finally make Honor/Conq BoA so we can not be miserable while gearing up our alts for pvp.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
11/09/2012 12:56 PMPosted by Seraphimilim
There is never call to violate the terms of service and put your account (and any gear you've acquired by exploiting) at risk by AFKing in Battlegrounds.

I've seen groups of people on my previous server bot and acquire gear for years then proceed to get 2200 each expansion in arena the same week. Yet they are still playing and nothing has been done to them. I've provided blizzard with a ton of evidence against this crew too including numerous screenshots and reporting them while they are actually botting. Instead of Blizzard banning them I was temp banned for calling them out in Trade chat on the server.
Reply Quote
35 Orc Warrior
I will take getting 1 shot by a PLAYER any day over this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7t3NBu_E3Bk&feature=youtu.be
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
And account at risk for AFKing? That made me laugh. Tell the other half of the team chillin out that as well cause its happening alot. Which ruins the game for the rest of us so yeah lets see some action on those afk bots. Not just words.

Hit the nail right on the head.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
Daxxarri, I fully agree with you when you say an undergeared player can heal, damage, cc, or even act as a minor speedbump and still help their team win.

I wish people who botted would realize this instead of buying bots and exploiting the game to farm their honor. Late night hour bgs, bots make up more than half a team's players because there are so many.

Does Blizzard accept that there is a bot problem and understand that something NEEDS to be done about it?

Even though now, detecting a bot can be hard since some bots act about the same as a very very underskilled player, does Blizzard have any plan to:

Make BG queuing style different as to where bots won't be able to join?

Have Blizzard employees examine BGs in progress especially late at night to identify bots and/or people reporting bots(Detecting bots may be difficult, but when the entire team is running to the same places or even afking it is EASY to tell)

And PERMA ban accounts that have had a bot run on them.(which is the only fair solution to it. It may not be the best fiscal/business solution due to the lost subscriptions to this problem but this practice of botting is ruining the game(plus those players who get banned will most likely still buy another account anyways))

A response to this would be really nice.
Edited by Bojanglin on 11/9/2012 1:05 PM PST
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
Reminds me of classic WoW. Normal geared players were speedbumps to raid geared players. We still had fun PvP-ing though.
Reply Quote
11/09/2012 12:56 PMPosted by Seraphimilim

I love reading something like this, when its apparent by just queueing in a BG that botting is the real issue. So, say you are losing a BG, so you decide to just bail on it and go do something else to cool off from losing. You're violating TOS since you left your keyboard and character in game? Ridiculous.
Edited by Ðreamin on 11/9/2012 1:05 PM PST
Reply Quote
22 Worgen Priest
11/09/2012 12:34 PMPosted by Daxxarri
There is crafted PvP gear that can help players get off on the right foot.

Please tell me you're joking.

Not only is the crafted pvp gear pretty much garbage to begin with (it'll turn you from a wet paper towel to a wet paper bag) but it's not exceedingly common from my experience. You geniuses had the bright idea to make that trash cost harmonies to buy. Good luck finding a crafter who effectively threw away 8 harmonies to get all of the pieces you'll need instead of using them to make useful gear for themselves or sell in making gear useful for others (476 epics ring a bell?).

It's absolutely staggering how out of touch blizz is with reality in this game sometimes.
Edited by Howlyberry on 11/9/2012 1:07 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Troll Shaman
Even under-geared players can CC, heal, or even just act as speed bumps

Well said! I agree with this 100%. I learned SO MUCH about when to use CDs and good macros to make and strategy in general while I was a speed bump (ungeared healers in battlegrounds are like those speedbumps that have been driven over so many times that the paint is gone and they're getting flat).

I do like the idea of being able to get honor gear before 90 perhaps...but then again...I learn something new every time I queue and I'm just above base resil. That's just personal preference, I guess.

FWIW, when I'm able to keep a flag carrier alive with 10 stacks the Flag Carrier debuff while I'm geared, I built up the ability to do that thanks to the experience of keeping myself alive while taking 100% of the damage dealt to me (before base resil was put in game). I really think it made all the difference.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
11/09/2012 01:05 PMPosted by Ðreamin
So, say you are losing a BG, so you decide to just bail on it and go do something else to cool off from losing. You're violating TOS since you left your keyboard and character in game? Ridiculous.

Then how would you get: http://www.wowhead.com/achievement=161
Reply Quote
22 Worgen Priest
11/09/2012 01:02 PMPosted by Ariendel
Reminds me of classic WoW. Normal geared players were speedbumps to raid geared players. We still had fun PvP-ing though.

I pvped in classic. I pvped a lot.

Depending on which class you were, which class you were fighting, and how good you were, you could be far more than a speed bump. My massively geared rogue could get fairly easily kited to death and murdered by hinters and frost mages in much worse gear if they had a clue, but then my crap geared hunter could kite most melee for days and laugh at their inability to get close enough to actually one-shot me.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
11/09/2012 01:09 PMPosted by Howlyberry

I pvped in classic. I pvped a lot.

Depending on which class you were, which class you were fighting, and how good you were, you could be far more than a speed bump. My massively geared rogue could get fairly easily kited to death and murdered by hinters and frost mages in much worse gear if they had a clue, but then my crap geared hunter could kite most melee for days and laugh at their inability to get close enough to actually one-shot me.

PvP right now feels like classic pvp in blues and MC gear vs T3 geared teams. Depending on which class you play... The BoE gear does next to nothing it seems when it comes to stopping that from happening.

Some of the changes I find very strange. For example hunters kept all of their get out of melee range abilities while no longer needing to get out of melee range. Why? They had a giant weakness that was melee range, and they had a bunch of tricks to stay out of melee range. That giant weakness is gone but they still have all those tricks to get away.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
11/09/2012 12:55 PMPosted by Cellnine
And account at risk for AFKing? That made me laugh. Tell the other half of the team chillin out that as well cause its happening alot. Which ruins the game for the rest of us so yeah lets see some action on those afk bots. Not just words.

We are constantly working to ensure that PvP is fair and fun, and it this is an important issue to us.

It is a great help to us when players use the reporting tools that we've included in the game, though. It seems that use of the AFK reporting feature has dropped off considerably, which is unfortunate, because it really does play a direct and active role in our investigations. Ultimately, cynicism doesn't help us catch the offenders. And yes, I realize that bots will clear the AFK flag by getting into combat. Rest assured that the reports can still help.
Edited by Daxxarri on 11/9/2012 1:22 PM PST
Reply Quote
11/09/2012 12:34 PMPosted by Daxxarri
There is crafted PvP gear that can help players get off on the right foot. Actually participating in a Battleground increases your team's likelihood of winning (even under-geared players can CC, heal, or even just act as speed bumps - if you genuinely believe that you can't help in other ways, damage you are taking is still damage a team mate isn't taking).

On my server, buying half of a crafted resilience set would cost me twenty thousand gold. How should I get off on the right foot if the right foot requires my entire savings to stand on?

Being a "speed bump" for a month might get you honor faster but it certainly isn't fun...
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
11/09/2012 01:24 PMPosted by Yuyi
There is crafted PvP gear that can help players get off on the right foot. Actually participating in a Battleground increases your team's likelihood of winning (even under-geared players can CC, heal, or even just act as speed bumps - if you genuinely believe that you can't help in other ways, damage you are taking is still damage a team mate isn't taking).

On my server, buying half of a crafted resilience set would cost me twenty thousand gold. How should I get off on the right foot if the right foot requires my entire savings to stand on?

Being a "speed bump" for a month might get you honor faster but it certainly isn't fun...

Buying the 450 pvp stuff would cost you 20k gold? Christ.

Farm the mats, find a BS.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
11/09/2012 01:05 PMPosted by Howlyberry
Please tell me you're joking.

Not, I'm not joking, nor were the other players who suggested it as one of several options. It exists, and it can help plug gaps in gear while earning points for better gear. If the concern is walking into PvP and getting steamrolled until you can earn Honor or Conquest gear, it's still a step in the right direction.

Edit: Somewhat off-topic, I'm already regretting glibly using the term 'speed bump'. It's much more than that - getting in the face of the enemy, playing smart, using interrupts, and generally being a nuisance can actually have a significant effect on a battle, even if the player falls in the process.
Edited by Daxxarri on 11/9/2012 1:32 PM PST
Reply Quote
1 Orc Warrior
The crafted pvp gear is a joke, i just logged on my DK and my pvp resil is about 50% (with 2 pieces of pvp gear and rest crafted). The base is 40%, that 10% will not suddenly make me worth a spot and i will still get globaled.

Remove the honor cap so that people leveling thru BG's can get a decent amount of gear when they hit 90. OR let people buy level 90 pvp gear when they are not level 90, so that people leveling thru BG's don't get honor caped and have nothing to spend it on.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
What purposes do the Honor/Conquest and Justice/Valor maximum limits serve?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]