Do any of Blizzard's employee's fish?

(Locked)

90 Goblin Rogue
I know most of the fanbase doesn't enjoy fishing in game, I am one of the exceptions. Anybody working for blizzard enjoy fishing or was it put into the game as just a filler proffesion?

EDIT: Fixed the title for clarity.
Edited by Kincayd on 11/11/2012 11:19 AM PST
90 Human Warrior
I wouldn't know but..why are you looking at me like that?
90 Draenei Death Knight
I enjoy fishing in RL and enjoy it in game...sighs..and I am just as useless
90 Night Elf Druid
I like it, actually.

Grinding rep with Nat Pagle is irritating and I decided long ago that he can die old and alone because the grind really wasn't making our relationship seem so 50/50, but fishing itself is fine.

I find it hard to believe that among the thousands of people working for Blizzard, there are not at least a few who feel the same way. : )
90 Pandaren Monk
I'm not sure I've ever seen a reasoning for the introduction of fishing, but it used to be fairly required for cooking, perhaps it was initially added to help cooking, which was definitely not added as fluff.

That said, I enjoy fishing in game but not irl.
31 Goblin Rogue
11/10/2012 12:36 PMPosted by Kincayd
I know most of the fanbase doesn't enjoy fishing in game, I am one of the exceptions. Anybody working for blizzard enjoy fishing or was it put into the game as just a filler proffesion?

Just because you don't enjoy this don't assume the majority is with you on this. I have never seen a survey...come to think of it, I can't remember any "I hate fishing" posts.
90 Gnome Warlock
MVP
If you actually get to work for blizz, You really don't fish in wow, You have moved onto bigger and better things like flirting with the hottest models around the globe and inviting them on your million dollar fishing adventures, not sure if they get much fishing done there either.
90 Goblin Rogue

Just because you don't enjoy this don't assume the majority is with you on this. I have never seen a survey...come to think of it, I can't remember any "I hate fishing" posts.

And i quote

11/10/2012 12:36 PMPosted by Kincayd
I am one of the exceptions.

Next time try reading the post before commenting on it?:) have a nice day.

EDIT: Also this made me chuckle
11/10/2012 12:51 PMPosted by Darkbargains
If you actually get to work for blizz, You really don't fish in wow, You have moved onto bigger and better things like flirting with the hottest models around the globe and inviting them on your million dollar fishing adventures, not sure if they get much fishing done there either.
Edited by Kincayd on 11/10/2012 1:12 PM PST
90 Tauren Death Knight
This is a silly question I think you know the answer to....
90 Human Paladin
Fishing is pretty bland it has not changed at all since launch. It could use a revamp for sure to make it more interesting. Most annoying thing is the way you cast. I am this awesome angler who has caught over 10k fish and at level 600!!! But I cant even remotely cast in a straight line for a 10 yard cast :(
90 Gnome Warlock
MVP
The only thing I would like to see with fishing is to incorporate Archaeology dig sites into them, so for instance, If you find a pool u can fish it has a chance to be a digsite as well, doubling your chances of getting fish and artifacts simultaneously
55 Worgen Warrior
11/10/2012 12:41 PMPosted by Greenbird
I wonder about that too. It's been a very long time since I fished, but I know once you've cast a few hundred times your aim should be alot better than what it shows in the game.

You spill your beer while pulling in your line.
90 Goblin Rogue
11/10/2012 01:44 PMPosted by Darkbargains
The only thing I would like to see with fishing is to incorporate Archaeology dig sites into them, so for instance, If you find a pool u can fish it has a chance to be a digsite as well, doubling your chances of getting fish and artifacts simultaneously

This would be a pretty nice little bonus, and a bit of incentive for fishing (Or archaeology fans) to do the other proffesion in a more approachable way. I for one cant stand archaeology and would like to be able to level it through fishing.
90 Draenei Death Knight
If there is a pool near my digsite...I will throw a line in as well
11/10/2012 12:49 PMPosted by Ryr

I hate fishing. Absolutely loathe it. I'd rather level blacksmithing a second time than fish.
90 Draenei Priest
I'd be curious to compare the amount of fishing lines cast in-game to the amount of phishing e-mails sent IRL.

-_^
90 Gnome Warlock
MVP
What I mean is you can Fish up artifacts too
71 Dwarf Shaman
I rarely ever fish in game, to me it is tedious and non rewarding. Then again I am biased do to all the fishing I did in wrath and never got that sea turtle. I imagine that if I had caught it, I would think otherwise.
Community Manager
An FYI, starting a thread with over-generalizations tends to foster discussions disagreeing with the initial over-generalization instead of the main topic.

Having said that, I fish. Fishing is something extra to do. It can be a calm and relaxing interlude between the hustle and bustle of running dungeons/raiding/scenarios.

Do what you find fun. If you have feedback, let us know.
This topic is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]