Gnomemind - Warlock PvP Guide

90 Human Warlock
The following information below is a PvP guide for Warlocks.

To quickly find any section simply hit Control + F on your keyboard and enter the sub section. For example, [10] or [16]

[1] Introduction
1.A Introduction to me as a player
1.1 Demonology
1.2 Affliction
1.3 Destruction

[2] Gemming
>2.1 Demonology
>2.2 Affliction
>2.3 Destruction

[3] Stat priority
>3.1 Demonology
>3.2 Affliction
>3.3 Destruction

[4] Talents
All based on a team scenario with healers. I go into further details down below in the catagories and you pick the appropriate ones you want for duels.
T1 > Dark regeneration all specializations.
T2 > Howl of terror, Death Coil, Shadow Fury all specializations.
T3 > Dark Bargain, sacrificial pact, soul link.
T4 > Unbound will, blood fear.
T5 > Grimoire of service, Grimoire of sacrifice Destruction, Grimoire of supremacy.
T6 > Archimonde's Vengeance,kil'jaeden's cunning, Mannoroths fury.
Look below for a closer explanation as to why in the appropriate sections.

[5] Macros / UI layout
[6] Addons
[7] Viable compositions

>7.1 2v2
>7.2 3v3

[8] Usefull tricks and tips

[9] Frequently asked questions

[10] Glyphs

10.1 Demonology
10.2 Affliction
10.3 Destruction

[11] In depth guide to rotations and spell priority
11.0 General
11.1 Demonology
11.2 Affliction
11.3 Destruction

[12] Positional awareness
12.1 Dots
12.2 X's
12.3 Assisting your team
12.4 Baiting burst

[13] My keybinds
14.1 Demonology
14.2 Affliction
14.3 Destruction

[14] Pet's
14.1A Imp
14.1B Fel Imp
14.2A Voidwalker
14.2B Voidlord
14.3A Felhunter
14.3B Observer
14.4A Succubus
14.4B Shivarra
14.5A Felguard
14.5B Wrathguard
14.6A Infernal
14.6B Doomguard
14.7A Abyssal
14/7B Terrorguard

[15] Pet management
[16] Enchants
[17]Videos
17.1 Demonology
17.2 Affliction
17.3 Destruction (coming soon)

For the most recent glyphs and talent choices that I am using, please visit my armory!
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/windrunner/Gnomemind/advanced
*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*

[1] Introduction
1.A Introduction to me as a player.
Hello I'm Gnomemind and I'm a Multi glad experienced player. I have many accounts but direct links to my gladiators are.
(Priest)
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/cenarius/Kazisgud/advanced
(Paladin)
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/windrunner/Theia/advanced
(Shaman)
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/windrunner/%C3%BFjil/advanced
(warlock) Not quite gladiator but working on it this season. As of 10/13/2012 Where I'm writing this guide I'm already 2343 3v3, 2150 2v2. 2200 RBG.
Update: For a few weeks i'll be helping friends / family in 3v3. Once I have finished up I will return to my gladiator push.

2nd Update: I have returned to my gladiator push and I am currently 2347 59-20 with a 75% win loss ratio.
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/windrunner/Malef%C3%AEcium/simple

My whole family loves arena and we frequently love to switch up what we play to get a different experience and perspective. Although I've had this warlock for a long time and have been semi competative with it, I've never really pushed for gladiator with it. This will be my first season trying.

1.1 Demonology

Demonology focuses on the damage of pets more then any of the other talent trees. Most of your burst, overall damage and fury will come from your pets. Most of the tree I feel is based on controlling your opponents and keeping the enemy team up with corruption and doom (if they can't dispell it). When the time is right the Demonology warlock can pop his imp swarm, a possible second pet, his dark soul and spam chaos wave + touch of chaos and put out a large amount of damage. Demonology uses a fury type resource familiar to warriors. We can use things like aura's and knock offs with cenarion swarm the enemy and play utility until our burst phases.

1.2 Affliction

Affliction focuses on the damage over time effects. It's strength relies in applying 3 dots to all players in range and trying to control them inbetween re applying or applying their damage. Most of Afflictions burst comes from applying haunt, which can be free on corruption procs. Or casting malific grasp / drain soul. Affliction warlocks can still use pets and I would recommend doing so for the extra control. The less a healer can heal your damage over time affects the more he has to spend time catching up on the damage you have dealt. Affliction uses a soul shard type resource with a maximum of 4 to cast haunts, re summon pets or instantly apply 3 of your damage over time debuffs.

1.3 Destruction

Destruction focuses on big numbers and high amount of burst. The favorite of the moves being Chaos bolt. Chaos bolt with back draft is a 2 second cast that can unleash over 150,000 damage in a single hit in arena when it isn't being mitigated and all cooldowns are used. Although it can be hard to get off, simply finishing one of these spells is rewarded. Another strength is the fast cast times and the spell havok which allows you to cast on multiple targets. Destruction has an ember type resource with the possibility of 4 maximum embers. Each ember can be used to either cast 1 chaos bolt, 1 shadowburn (execute), 1 Ember tap, (20+% heal) or an instant pet re summon.

[2] Gemming

Currently testing a more aggressive stance on warlock where I am running with 58% resilience and 49% pvp power. This has been feeling very comfortable with the amount of pressure I put out in par with my defensive cooldowns

If you want to be a defensive player and you die frequently I would recommend this.

Pvp Power > Resilience > Intellect > Mastery
(pvp power is only better when you can double the intellect counterpart or for socket bonuses)

This is because you don't want to sacrifice too much damage by removing pvp power, however after that resilience reduces the amount of damage you take by a flat %. This will greatly increase your defense without sacrificing all of your damage.

>2.1 Demonology

If you want to be a very offensive player and you are confident in your aggressiveness I recommend this.

Pvp Power > Intellect > Mastery > Haste/Crit > Pvp Resilience
(pvp power is only better when you can double the intellect counterpart or for socket bonuses)

The reason for this is because Pvp power and mastery increase your damage by a %, Intellect also increases your overall damage and increases spell power, boosting the other stats more. It's more effective getting Pvp power after you have gained a large amount of spell power after that, intellect is not the best stat. The higher these statistics are the better your damage will scale. You should also be able to achieve these stats with basic pvp rare gear and 1 normal or heroic weapon.

>2.2 Affliction

If you want to be a very offensive player and you are confident in your aggressiveness I recommend this.

Pvp Power > Intellect > Mastery > Haste/Crit > Pvp Resilience.
The reason why this is the same as demonology is because with affliction mastery affects the the majority of your dot damage. This allows the warlocks gear and how many enemies he has to amplify the amount of he damage he does greatly. I will always recommend more aggressive play and these stats in pvp since affliction currently does the least amount of damage you do not want to sacrifice any more.

>2.3 Destruction
With destruction Gemming you will also see another close resemblance in gemming.

Spell Hit (6%) > PvP Power > Intellect > Mastery > Crit > PvP Resilience.

The reason for this being is that Pvp power, intellect, Critical strike chance and mastery all increase nearly every spells damage. I would value Mastery however if you can get it point for point with the pvp power. Mastery increases nearly every warlock spell and is the greatest benefit. Critical strike chance comes second for better crits or ember generation.

[3] Stat priority

In this section I am only referring to reforges and what stat priority you want. You should be able to attain the hit rating from simply reforging or getting the appriopriate pvp gear.

>3.1 Demonology

Hit 6% > Mastery > Haste/Critical strike chance

>3.2 Affliction

Hit 6% > Mastery > haste/Critical strike chance

>3.3 Destruction

Spell Hit (6%) > Intellect > PvP Power > Mastery > Crit > PvP Resilience

[4] Talents
Each tier of talents gives you 3 choices we'll be going through some spells and explain when to use them.

T1 >

Dark regeneration is the best undisputed pvp spell in this section. It allows for the greatest healing possible to stop burst and increases your survival greatly.

T2 >

Howl of terror = This talent is best used when facing a team that like to clump up or rated battle grounds. Some examples are are cleave teams like warrior, dk, paladin. Or Rogue feral druid. This talent can also be great in 2v2 when facing double melee dps.

Mortal coil = This talent is great in duel scenarios or random bgs. Having this gives you another control not on DR and another 15% heal. If you are a duel or bg fanatic I will always recommend this for you.

Shadow fury = A talent to assist you in controlling far away enemies or another spell interrupt at a distance. This is also greatly used to peel melee from team mates in conjunction with fear spams. If the enemy does not clump up often and you need another range interrupt, I recommend this.

T3 >

Dark bargain = The undisputed the best against every cooldown blown on you. The simple reason why is many classes have a huge amount of burst. 100k+ hp from soul link and sacrificial pact 180k healing isn't enough to usually cover the damage burst you will take from warriors, hunters, mages. Dark bargain not only makes it easier for healers but it reduces the damage by 50%, gives you an 8 second immunity and then puts it on you in form of a dot. Allowing you to self heal as well if needed.

Sacrifical pact = A wonderful talent that can be used when you have great confidence in your team mates ability to peel and heal you. This is a very aggressive defensive cooldown. It allows you to over extend more often and puts less pressure on your positioning. It's a 1 minute shield that can go up to 240,000 damage absorbed which can be used during fears / stuns. I personally prefer this talent when playing with higher rated players.

Soul link can be a great talent when used in junction with sacrifice. I personally don't use it very often but I have seen a few destruction warlocks with it. Again this requires that you have much confidence in your healers and team mates as this provides the least mitigation on damage, yet increases your self healing greatly since we are all % based.

T4 >

Unbound will = Blood fear is nice but it reduces the amount of peels and control you have over the enemy team. Personally I would rather have a second 1 minute trinket for me AND my pet in 5.1. Burning rush unfortunately can't compete with either. This talent is more used for defense play since you lose aggressive instant fears on healers.

Blood fear = This can be more usefull then unbound will. The only time I would recommend this is when you are confident in your team members to survive. This is great for an aggresive play but terrible if your team lacks defense. The trade off is instant fears on healers to get kills over being able to spam fears and a trinket on the dps to peel.

T5 >

Grimoire of service = This talent provides a secondary stun, silence or dispel upon a pet summon. This is greatly used for aiding your ability in controlling the enemy team while your damage over time spells kill their players. This can be used for aggressive and defensive play style.

Grimoire of sacrifice = The best destruction talent. This increases your major damaging spells by a flat 30%. Combined with intellect / mastery / critical / pvp power the amazing scaling between them increases your chaos bolt to very deadly damage that can 1/2 health players in a single shot if properly aligned with cooldowns.

Grimoire of supremacy = I use this personally a lot more lately in conjunction with affliction and demonology. The reason why is with affliction you get an AOE mass dispell that helps in removing ring of frosts from team mates. Another reason is glyph of demon training gives your wrath guard another 20% hp boost. Meaning greater sacrificial pact shields.

T6 >

Archimonde's Vengeance = The best talent for affliction, this provides another damage over time spell if they attack you. This is also greatly used for when both dps focus you. Place this on a dps and you can counter pressure with dots and a team mates help.

Kil'jaeden's Cunning = This talent can be used for any of the specializations but is clearly the weakest. All though being able to move while casting is great the ability pull players out of stealth or huge aoe radius can be very beneficial against rogues are teams like to clump up maybe keep members in combat. I must say though that there is a place for this. If you have other means of pulling them out of stealth or combat and you aren't doing rated battelgrounds, the ability to cast while moving can be amazing with starting a chaos bolt cast and going behind a pillar until it's about to finish then moving out. The same could be said for various drains or helping to stop knock back effects from interrupting you. Chasing down healers or dps would be easier as well.

Mannoroths fury = Probably the best talent for destruction warlocks since rain of fire helps prevent flag captures and take splayers out of stealth. Demonology wise it increases the range of hand of guldan, chaos wave, hellfire, all of your curse auras and any improved version of the spells or infernal summons. Destruction it increases the range of your Fire and brimstone spells and rain of fire. This makes it easier to draw out stealth players from the arena or keep players in combat. This spell is amazing in rated battle grounds and against mage / rogue teams.
Edited by Malefîcium on 11/18/2012 10:51 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
[5] Macros / UI layout

Some of these macros I have the item types out, you can always change this and use a faster way to macro it and it allows you to not have to switch out the name after you get upgrades.

/cast (number)

Gloves: 10
Trinket1: 13
Trinket2: 14
Cloak: 15

So here is my UI and my key layout.

http://imgur.com/FcVlP
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/202/wowscrnshot101012103032.jpg/

Forgive my terrible paint job but if you follow the numbers I'll help explain some of my keys / macros.

1) These are my symbiosis and Pet heal / pet return keys. Y and T
My T macro is:

/cast Health Funnel
/petpassive
/petassist

This heals my pet, returns it to me and puts it back on aggressive so I don't forget. Sometimes I do need to spam this key yes.

2) on the right are the grimoire of service pets. The imp for a self dispel on shift 1, the felguard for another stun with shift 2 and last the felhunter for an instant silence on shift 3. Very rareily do I take out my felguard for just extra damage. Mostly for the stun but I'm not sure which I prefer.

3) My self heal keys. Although you will dark regenariotion on alt 1 and health stone on shift C. I also have the combined version just incase I need extra heals on alt W. The macro is this:

/cast Dark Regeneration
/cast Healthstone

4) My I'm going all out macro. This enables all of my burst, now remember sometimes I only use this to spawn impowered imps for pressure and actually keep saving fury until the next time it comes around or so forth. I use my fury a lot for knock backs and escapes. So it can also be used to pressure more with imps. This macro is:

#showtooltip Malevolent Gladiator's Badge of Dominance
/use Malevolent Gladiator's Badge of Dominance
/cast Dark Soul: Misery
/cast Dark Soul: Instability
/cast Dark Soul: Knowledge
/cast Imp Swarm(Glyph)
/petattack

5) Somtimes I run with an imp If I face a heavy caster CC team like frost mage warrior holy paladin who like to CC my druid. This macro on Alt ` allows me to instantly dispel my druid if he gets CC'd.

/cast [target=bescheiden] Singe Magic(Special Ability)

6) My fel guard stun, I replace this with my imp special if I have my imp out. Allowing me to stun my target, focus or dispell anyone whome I target in my group. These macros are:

/cast [mod:shift,target=focus] Axe Toss(Special Ability); Axe Toss(Special Ability);

/cast Singe Magic(Special Ability)

7) My command demon move, This allows you to felstorm or have the imp heal you, succubus back last. It's very simple and I was thinking of doing more with it but I haven't yet in the macro. Keybinding this has stopped me from having a bug where it didn't update command demon to my new pet.

/cast command demon

8) My corruption, which is also used to send my pet in and attack the target I want it to attack. This allows me to keep burst on my target without having to press another key or anything and let's me switch my pet easily. This also uses devour magic on cooldown if I have a felhunter out to make sure the person i'm attacking is dispelled as often as possible.
9) isn't on there but it's this fear macro, it allows me to fear my focus or my target depending on shift.

#showtooltip Fear
/cast [mod:shift,target=focus] Fear; Fear;

#showtooltip Corruption
/cast [mod:shift,target=focus] Corruption; Corruption;
/cast Devour Magic(Special Ability)
/petattack

These are the ones I use for demonology, some other macros are below.

#showtooltip Haunt
/cast [mod:shift,target=focus] Haunt; Haunt;
/petattack

#showtooltip Unstable Affliction
/cast [mod:shift,target=focus] Unstable Affliction; Unstable Affliction;
/petattack

#showtooltip Shadow Bolt
/cast [mod:shift,target=focus] Shadow Bolt; Shadow Bolt
/petattack

#showtooltip Agony
/cast [mod:shift,target=focus] Agony; Agony
/petattack

#showtooltip Curse of the Elements
/cast [mod:shift,target=focus] Curse of the Elements; Curse of the Elements;
/petattack

#showtooltip Dark Soul
/use Malevolent Gladiator's Badge of Dominance
/cast !Metamorphosis
/cast Grimoire of Sacrifice
/cast Dark Soul: Misery
/cast Dark Soul: Instability
/cast Hand of Gul'dan
/petattack

/cast [mod:shift,target=focus] Command Demon; Command Demon;

#showtooltip Fel Flame
/cast [target=mouseover,exists] Fel Flame; Fel Flame

#showtooltip Sacrificial Pact
/target arena1
(replace 1 with 2 or 3 for other enemies)

#showtooltip Dark Regeneration
/focus arena1
(replace 1 with 2 or 3 for other enemies)

[6] Addons
The addons I use are:

Castbars - Allows me to maneuver and enhance enemy / pet / focus / own cast bars
Gladiatorlosa - Tells me when the enemy uses which spells
Gladius 5 - Tracks trinkets and CC's for me,
Interrupt Bar - Tells me if an interrupt is available on the enemy team or how long the CD is.
OmniCC - Displays a graphic counter over my moves to tell me how long I have left for the CD.

[7] Viable compositions

The general rule for warlocks is that you want a team that has the ability to peel for you in some way or another. Atleast 1 other member has to really compliment you or it will be harder for you to survive burst cleave teams like TSG.

>7.1 2v2 - Some viable partners are, Any shaman spec, Any druid spec, Any Priest spec and any mage spec. ret paladins, holy paladins, warriors, rogues, DPS monk

>7.2 3v3 - You want at least one of the following in your comps otherwise you are lacking peels. Boomking / Resto druid, Mage, Hunter, Warrior, rogue, paladin ret or holy, death knight.

[8] Usefull tricks and tips

+When you enter metamorphosis, your teleport ability changes to a new ability that costs 40 fury. What this means is that you can actually cast two teleports on separate cooldowns when you are playing demo.

+All imps/Guardians/Infernals are affected by mastery (Dark Soul:Knowledge is great)

+You can use Demonic leap to cross rivers and quickly escape battles. You may also leap - they follow you, Demonic Circle: Teleport and leap the opposite direction to make a clean escape.

+Sacrifing your pet gives you 20% more hp when you also have the soul link talent.

+All warlocks heals are % based.

+Spamming hand of guldan and demonic lash should allow you to keep up a constant shield every 10 seconds in Dark Apotheosis

+Unbound will also removes magic effects, I would rather remove combustion and sacrifice 20% hp then leave it up!

+Using rocket boots and jumping off a ledge with demonic leap does put you right back on that ledge

+Going in demon form gives you a secondary portal on a seperate timer. You can retreat twice as often using this.

+Dark Apotheosis turns your fear into a sleep affect that you can damage through!

+Using a 2hander turns your Dark Apotheosis attacks into a stab, using a wand turns it into a shadowbolt melee cleave

+Using Demonic leap while not in a stance will put you into demon form

+Switching into a demonic stance and using an aura will affect all nearby enemies, you can also switch out of this stance keeping the aura for the duration of the remaining duration.

+Casting havok on one target and mortal coiling another actually mortal coils both targets! This can be a great way to peel for your allies by just fearing both dps for 3 seconds and getting a heal out of it!

+Infernal summon, chaos wave, Hellfire, carrion swarm are all affected by mammoroths fury and it's 500% increase to range.

+Sacrificing a pet will allow you to gain 1 move from the respective pet.
Imp: Dispell
Voidwalker: 30% hp 30 second last stand. (health increase)
succubes: charm(channeled)
felhunter: silence
felguard: charge

+Using the voidwalker ability and adding a 30% increase to your health also increases the amount your healing spells heal you since it's all % based.

+Unending resolve also reduces the damage taken from Dark Bargain.

+Using glyph of falling meteor you will not die when you get sent or fall into the abyss.

+The only way to escape falling endlessly when you fall into outland abyss is to que for a dungeon.

+When you kill a player or NPC in demon form you gain back demonic fury.

+The improved fel hunter pet doesn't dispell the buff, it steals it. Mages can steal this back.

+Your improved imp has a mass dispel when out.

+ Combining glyph of demon training, wrath guard and sacrificial pact gives you a greater personal shield on a 1 minute cooldown.

[9] Frequently asked question.

1) Do you know of a macro using Grim of Service to Summon a Felhunter to Spell Lock your focus instead of current target?
(A)
/cast [@focus] Grimoire: Felguard

2) Just a note about your all out macro - can you activate your engineering gloves and your on-use trinket at once.

(now on a partial cooldown as well, you can use either engineering thing but i still prefer this)
(A) Only with rocket gloves! This allows me to pop my rocket gloves then my dark soul then my imps. Allowing an extra 42000 damage burst.

/cast Dreadful Gladiator's Felweave Handguards
/cast Malevolent Gladiator's Badge of Dominance
/cast Imp Swarm(Glyph)

3) I notice you'll often go into Meta with around 500 fury. The way I've been doing it is PvE style where I wait until 800+ fury and then go in Meta. Problem with that is obviously it takes forever to build all that fury up, esp in 2s. Any mininum fury you try to have when bursting?

(A)If I think I have enough fury to pressure to pop their cooldown to what I want or to kill, i'll do it. There is no mimimum / maximum in pvp. Just can I complete my goal. However, I try not to go under 300 if I don't have to. And I try not to stay capped at 1,000. If I do i put doom on everyone and keep going.

4) Why no Dark Apoth glyph? I'd think that would be better for your survivability than Glyph of Demonic Circle.

(A)I feel like dark apoth is nice but it's hard to switch from pure defense to pure offense. I would also much rather portal sooner as 4 seconds of taking less damage could be a lot better then 15% less damage taken for 4 seconds. I may consider this more in the future.

5) Why Shadowfury? Wouldn't coil or howl be better because you already have Felguard and druid stuns?

(A)Shadowfury allows me to hit healers or dps at range in an aoe. In my video you'll see me shadowfury the healer into a fear often from a cyclone.

6) How do you deal with people killing your pet? Maybe it was the healer I was playing with but it just seems to die too easily without Soul Link. And Demo doesn't have out of the gate burst so they have time to kill pets.

(A) well we have an instant respawn and another one for 200 fury every 2 minutes. I try to just work around it. If they are killing my pet I recall it and my healer heals it. But to be fair, if they are killing my pet. They aren't killing me and the fury used to bring it back is more damage then what they used to kill it.

7) How many targets do you need for Hellfire to be worth it?

(A) I try to go for 3 minimum but 2 works if I already have doom / corruption on both targets and don't want to spend hand of guldan because I am about to burst.

8) Best Fury building rotation/priority? I know keep Corruption on as many targets and use HoG, but is Fel Flame your primary filler or is it worth it to go for Shadow Bolts/Soul Fires?

(A) I like corruption / hand of guldan hell fire for mobility demo fury but I will cast soulfire if I am left alone and have enough procs.

9) Soul Fire in or out of Meta? Wild Imps in or out of Meta to build fury?

(A) I almost never soul fire in meta. Touch of chaos can't be interrupted. I usually pop it before meta.

10) Hey just started lvling my warlock and i decided to go with Grimoire of Sacrifice and would sacrifice my Fel Hunter to get Spell Lock but I can't seem to find a macro like the Fel Hunter one where it would silence my target if I didn't have a focus target but if I had a focus target it would silence him if someone could help me out I'd be more then happy, thanks.

(A) /cast [mod:shift,target=focus] Command Demon; Command Demon;

This works for me.

11) What pet does the most damage? How can I get the most burst with pets?

(A) The felguard currently does the most pet damage, followed be the felhunter. To get the most burst at the cost of over all damage. Grimoire of service is the clear talent, just pop your mastery(if demonology) or your second strongest pet when you are bursting.

12) Would you change any of your glyphs or talents for RBGs or even normal BGs? Specifically when you don't have a dedicated healer? I currently am doing normal BGs and eventually plan on playing RBGs as my friends don't like to do arena. I have a couple friends who like to heal but they aren't always on.

(A) When I run without a healer I do like to go death coil just so I can stay alive longer. I don't change my glyphs however as I feel the glyphs still apply to what I am doing. Since I focus so much on Control > Damage with affliction and demonology it allows me to live longer in bgs. When I feel like seeing big numbers I go Destruction to where I'm already setting everything for the burst.

TL:DR The only thing I change is getting death coil and sacrificial pact. I really like those two.

13) How do you deal with DKs? I can't do anything. 2 Anti magic shells? I spend my time dying on the run, its ridiuclous. Any tips?

(A) Is anti magic shell up? Yes > pop dark bargain. Am I under 75% hp? Yes > Pop self healing.
Is anti magic shell up? Yes > pop dark bargain. Am I under 75% hp? Yes > Am I under 50% hp? Pop self healing / unending resolve.
Is anti magic shell up? Yes > pop dark bargain. Am I under 75% hp? No > Is Shadowfury up? Yes. > Spawn imps. Get 35% fury and shadowfury, double chaos wave touch of chaos spam with mastery / trinket.

Is anti magic shell up? No > Spawn imps. Get 35% fury and shadowfury, double chaos wave touch of chaos spam with mastery / trinket.
Edited by Malefîcium on 11/22/2012 8:55 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
[10] Glyphs
10.1 Demonology
Glyph of health stone, The healing over time works wonders with dark regeneration. You also recieve a bigger healing increase.

(optional)Glyph of Demonic circle, a lot of people prefer dark apoth however you lose fury getting out of the form. There is a lot of damage you can avoid with demonic circle while keeping your burst capabilities up.

Glyph of imp swarm, amazing burst dps on call. Combine this with your dark soul and you have a little army to do a whole lot of damage even if you get interrupted.
Glyph of demon training Combine this with sacrificial pact and you get a lot of nice self defense on a 1 minute cooldown

10.2 Affliction

Glyph of health stone, The healing over time works wonders with dark regeneration. You also recieve a bigger healing increase.

(optional)Glyph of curse of soul swap,So the way it works is that if you swap, you get a 30 second cooldown. However if you don't have it on cooldown you can dot up 4 people with soulburn and the swap.

(optional)Glyph of Unstable affliction Using this gives you increasing damage over all. In a lot of occasions the silence is preferred, however if you have no issue keeping up damage over times on the target and have great control over the healer this can apply a lot of pressure. My current crits for this have been around 48,000 so far. On both the target and the dispeller. An instant 100,000 damage is no laughing matter upon dispells.

Glyph of soul shards, An extra soul shard is what this glyph gives. With one more shard to play around with you have the oppertunity to do more burst with haunt or soulburn. It also allows you to summon more pets if yours keep dying.

(optional)Glyph of siphon life If you are playing soul shard heavy with soulburn swaps to every target and then focusing down pets to get another 4 shards and keep repeating this process, this glyph can be great for you as it allows a lot of self healing. You can deal out a large amount of damage and minimize the potential spell cleaves have on you.

10.3 Destruction

Glyph of conflagrate, this allows you to slow the enemy with conflagrate without having immolate up. using this glyph gives you a much easier time controlling melee or slowing heals from running away from you. I highly recommend this.

Glyph of burning embers, giving you the possibility of a 4th ember allows you to pool more chaos bolts, more ember tabs and more shadowburns if necessary. Having this glyph provides less need to burn embers right away just because you are ember capped.

[11] In depth guide to rotations and spell priority
11.0 General:

Warlocks have always been a fun class to play. Recently they have added a few more utilties that enhance the survivability, adding a few more options in specializations like demonology and destruction. Even though we don't have the best damage, we certainly are not the lowest and we can be difficult to kill. There are many things that I ask myself while i'm playing to make sure I always have the best rotations going or the best overall damage output. While making sure that my team mates are safe.

Some general rules to a warlock that I feel are universal is when to do damage and when to control, who to control, how to control.

[When to CC]
<If you do not have a pet stun in this guide, an instant pet summon felguard stun or shadowfury can replace it. In some cases shadowfury is superior since it can aoe stun 2 dps>

{1}Do I have my damage over time up? No > Place your damage over time spells on the targets. Is your dps ready to burst? Go to step {5}

{2}Do I have my damage over time up? Yes > Have I feared him twice in the last 8 seconds? No > Fear the healer for pressure. Go to {5}

{3}Do I have my damage over time up? Yes > Have I feared him twice in the last 8 seconds? Yes > wait 10 seconds to fear the healer to provide extra pressure. Go to {5}

{4}Do I have my cooldowns up to do damage? Yes > Have I feared him twice in the last 8 seconds? > No > Fear the healer and prepare with a follow up CC coordination with your team. > Pop all cooldowns on target when ready > Is it my turn to CC? > Yes > Place a death coil or stun on the healer. > Fear him > Go back to {5}

{5}Do I have my cooldowns up to do damage? No > Go back to {2} Yes? Is my team rate ready to burst? Yes > Go to step {6} No? > Go to step {1}{2}

{6}Do I have my cooldowns up to do damage? Yes > Have I feared him twice in the last 8 seconds? > No > Fear the healer and prepare with a follow up CC coordination with your team. > Pop all cooldowns on target when ready > Is it my turn to CC? > No > Keep dpsing until 1-2 second before your dps cannot CC him anymore > Can he still CC? No > Place a death coil or stun on the healer. > Fear him > Go back to {1}{2}

{7}Is my team mate dying? > No > Do step {5}

{8} Is my team mate dying? Yes > Fear the dps that can't escape it (Gladius will say who doesn't have a trinket) > Do I have death coil / stun up? Yes > Stun death coil the other DPS. Did he get away? Yes > Go to step {5}

{9} Is my team mate dying? Yes > Fear the dps that can't escape it (Gladius will say who doesn't have a trinket) > Do I have death coil / stun up? No > Are they casters? > No > Rotate fears on both dps for 2-4 second peels allowing the dps to get away. Did he get away? No > oops!

{10} Is my team mate dying? Yes > Fear the dps that can't escape it (Gladius will say who doesn't have a trinket) > Do I have death coil / stun up? No > Are they casters? > Yes > Place 1 fear on the melee, after 2-3 seconds place it on the caster and chain fear him. Did he get away? Yes > go back to {5}

Some other things to recognize is that you can play with sacrificial pact for a one minute shield on cooldown or a 3 minute dark bargain shield. This can change if you can be swapped to a lot or if you can be bursted down with massive cooldowns fast. It's kind of a transitional change depending on if you are fighting a caster cleave or a melee team. For heavy avatar mode melee's I recommend using dark bargain. For heavy caster teams I recommend using sacrificial pact as you can use it while stunned and stops a lot of the initial burst. Simply turning pillars or porting back can stop a lot of damage from casters, melee however have many ways of closing the gap. Really it's all a preference but it's just some insight if you have problems dying often.

11.1 Demonology

Demonology has a specific priority which makes it a lot stronger, this is something I want to cover in the in depth guide on demonology.

Your number one priority should be corruption on every target, you only play doom if you know they won't cleanse it or if they can't like a paladin healer. Otherwise you want to keep hand of guldan on your dps target for damage and extra fury gain unless you are pressuring within the next 30 seconds. Sometimes I only like to use 1 hand of guldan just for this. Inbetween doing all of this and if you can't get / just got a fear off. Feel free to hellfire or soulfire for fury.

The burst aspect is very global cooldown heavy, I use a specific sequence to get the most damage. First I pop my Dark soul macro stated above that pops my rocket gloves, dark soul, wild imps. After I decide on if I want to do extra damage with my pet or if i want to stun, if I don't want to stun and want a silence instead I summon a felhunter. If I do want a stun I summon the fel guard which is also great to pop when there is a lot to aoe.

After launching my pets in arena I try to double chaos wave and get a fear on the healer if he isn't controlled. Since chaos wave takes a second to actually damage the target it makes it a great primer to fear and apply instant burst. One the healer is feared or if I feel I can do enough damage I spam touch of chaos. If I know I won't score a kill by draining all my fury or if it's not worth it to pressure I simply drop out of demon form to have more for the next fight.
When it comes to rated battlegrounds I try to summon my infernal only to get a mass stun off, I am not so focused on the damage. I heavily rely on my pets and spells to CC and then focus on my burst. I personally enjoy the control aspect over anything else a warlock does.

Don't forget that you don't need to use your imps just to burst, you can use them to collect fury and do a mini pressure. Since your imps do a decent amount of damage they are great to put out when you have nothing else or just something to try to bait defensive cooldowns. Never forget that you can knock off enemy players from bridges maps or just to interrupt them.

One reason why I really love demonology is that If you go demon form you have a seperate timer when you go demon form on your portal. Meaning you can use your portal twice in a row, like 2 different charges.

11.2 Affliction
I wanted to play a little more affliction before I made this guide and I spent quite a bit of time in 3v3, 2v2 and rated bgs with affliction right before typing this out. Affliction is strong in my eyes. The only thing I don't really like is how fast away the dots ticked when you are applying them to 3 or more targets. Because of this I have decided to take the everlasting affliciton, this simply allows me to keep damage over time on all my enemies and still have control available. Although it is reduced damage, it's very helpful.

I cherish soul shards for affliction and only use them to make sure I'm not capped out at 4 or I have a big burst going on. In pvp scenarios I try to put up UA, corruption, agony and curse of elements in that order on all my targets. Then on the kill target I try to place a single haunt. If I get a free proc I try to re apply the haunt to the current or still same kill target. When all my damage over times are ticking I focus on fear control. Placing a single fear on a healer and forcing him to trinket if he has one, or simply run away for 8 seconds is huge. That is 8 seconds of damage he has to catch up on. Possibly popping cooldowns to be able to catch up. When I try to pressure without bursting I cast malific grasp, or when I try to burst flat out I pop my mastery / trinket place my dots and spam haunt until I can't anymore. Then I try to apply malific grasp until 20% and switch to drain soul. This allows me to apply a huge amount of damage in what I feel is the shortest amount of time. If I can't cast I try to fel flame targets to keep up dots. This is my view on affliction so far. All though it doesn't guarantee you kills, if you play as affliction make sure that you play with classes that have a good way to finish players like mages or warriors. You just can't put the finishing touch.

11.3 Destruction

Destruction has been one of the funner specializations for me to play with. When you grab an orb in the temple bg with berserking you can get close to 500k+ crits. Granted you might get one shot if they catch up to you as well, probably one of the funner battle grounds but I digress.

With destruction I try to keep havoc on cooldown at all times, in fact I rarely use it to do 2 chaos bolts outside of battlegrounds and world pvp. This is because casting a conflagrate into a havok, then immolate and double incinerate gives you a lot more embers. This also allows more pressure chaos bolts or self heals. My average priority is to keep rain of fire up if there are more then 3 targets, keep immolate up on my kill target and incinerate as often as I can in between. I only fel flame to kill totems or to keep immolate up while moving. Occasionally as well when I am being pressured but I usually try to fear during that time.

A great trick I also love is to spam immolate and incinerate on a target right in their face, if they interrupt me i can cast a free fear or chaos bolt. When I see an opening to burst I make sure I can try to fear the target so they can't drop anything to escape, double conflagrate for 2 fast chaos bolts and hit them as often as I can. If you are not interrupted this could flat out kill someone followed with incinerates. You can't really rely on chaos bolts, however the damage from them if you get them off could very well win you game. The higher the arena ratings the more difficult this will become, yet not impossible as I still get them off against gladiators.

[12] Positional awareness

In this section we'll go over some basic things that you should always remember when fighting in an arena. We'll use the circle of blood arena as an example.
The link to the map is below.
http://imgur.com/MXT39

[12.1] Dots

The many dots on the map in different colors represent places where you could stand. Every spot is great for line of sighting or quick escapes by turn of a pillar or a corner that can break line of sight from casters.
The black dots on the map represent dead zones, places where you would probably prefer not to stand unless you have no choice. If there is a moment of time you can re position or if you are moving in or out of a position remember that you want to stand somewhere where you can see your ally and heal / be healed while avoiding or attacking the dps.

[12.2] X's

I've marked out some great spots for this, we'll start off with the brown X's. On either side we can see that the players are able to attack each other yet the healers cannot be interrupted unless the other dps comes in close and drags his healer also into the open. Most of the time this is a bad situation, You can't apply too much pressure and the first person to move out puts themselves at risk of exposing their healer and giving up territory. One of the ways to break out of this type of engagement is to control the DPS and expose their healer while yours re positions out of the way.
The blue X's show a place where you could easily lay down your portal, attack most of the map and be able to jump off if you are in trouble, not only that but your healer is hard to get to and he can heal you. If you jump and the DPS follow you all you would have to do is portal right back up and your healer could just turn the corner to avoid their line of sight.
The Green X's show your healer or yourself standing up top while the other is below. This can be great when they are pressuring your healer. If they are a melee class they would have to travel pretty far to get most of their CC's off on you. It's also harder to make a switch to you and as long as you peel for your healer you should be fun. Ultimately though you do not want to get caught in this position. It's usually more dangerous for your healer to be exposed then yourself.
The main goal of position is to stand in a spot where you can survive, and deal an optimal amount of damage. Always communicate with your healer and figure out if he is safe, if he can keep you alive and communicate if you can dps.

[12.3] Assisting your team

Another bain of a warlock is fear pathing or your healer turning a corner with DPS on him. This is often very dangerous as if you are not close enough you are unable to apply any form of control at all. I always recommend my healers that if they are on him to run towards me yet away from there. This allows him to bring the DPS to me so I can fear / stun / knockback / Havok double mortal coil or howl of terror any amount of CC I have them away from my healer. I have always preferred the run through me method.

[12.4] Baiting burst

Finally I want to cover how to bait a burst. One of the many things you can do is place yourselves inbetween the enemy teams. This means That whoever the dps is focusing, the target moves away from the enemy healer. The farther he goes the more the healer has to come out to heal his allies who are on the hunter. This exploses him to crowd control and you can counter attack one of his DPS if you have landed such controls. Mastering this technique will gain you a lot of rating if you are a beginner. It's something that I still also use often in 2v2 and 3v3 for melee teams.
Edited by Malefîcium on 11/18/2012 8:35 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
[13] My keybinds

13.1 Demonology

1 = hand of guldan
2 = shadow bolt
3 = corruption
4 = soulfire
5 = curse of elements
shift Q = curse of enfeeblement
e = Dark bargain / sacrificial pact
q = demon form
z = imp swarm
b = howl of terror, mortal coil, shadow fury
n = drain life
F = fear

CTRl-1 = Gloves
h = Life tap
y = symbiosis
T = health funnel
` = banish
Alt ` = banish focus
Shift W = shadow ward
alt 2 = burst macro
Shift R = focus
alt 1 = Engineering belt
alt 3 = Engineering belt
alt Q = Engineering belt
Shift G = trinket
Alt E = Felhunter
Alt W = dark regen / health stone macro
Alt X = unending resolve
x = carrion swarm
Shift E = demonic leap
R = hellfire
j = create HS
k = SS
shift C = use HS
Mouse up = Fel flame
Mouse down = Fel flame

Shift X = portal
alt A = demonic gateway
alt d = sacrifice et
alt S = summon infernal
alt z = bandages
control F = soulstone
control R = mount

S = command demon macro
shift 1 = target arena 1
shift 2 = target arena 2
shift 3 = target arena 3
alt down/up = lay portal
shift H = dark intent
f1 = Focus arena1
f2 = Focus arena2
f3 = Focus arena3

13.2 Affliction

1 = Haunt
2 = Unstable affliction
3 = corruption
4 = Agony
5 = curse of elements
q = Malific grasp
z = Soul swap
n = drain life
F = fear

CTRl-1 = Gloves
h = Life tap
y = symbiosis
T = health funnel
` = banish
Alt ` = banish focus
Shift W = shadow ward
alt 2 = burst macro
Shift R = focus
alt 1 = Engineering belt
alt 3 = Engineering belt
alt Q = Engineering belt
Shift G = trinket
Alt E = Imp
Alt X = unending resolve
x = Soul burn
Shift E = Drain soul
R = Rain of fire
j = create HS
k = SS
shift C = use HS
Mouse up = Fel flame
Mouse down = Fel flame

Shift X = portal
alt A = demonic gateway
alt d = sacrifice et
alt S = summon infernal
alt z = bandages
control F = soulstone
control R = mount

S = command demon macro
shift 1 = target arena 1
shift 2 = target arena 2
shift 3 = target arena 3
alt down/up = lay portal
shift H = dark intent
f1 = Focus arena1
f2 = Focus arena2
f3 = Focus arena3

13.3 Destruction

1 = Immolate
2 = Incinerate
3 = Conflagrate
4 = Chaos bolt
5 = curse of elements
q = Fire & brimstone
z = Flames of Xoroth
n = drain life
F = fear

CTRl-1 = Gloves
h = Life tap
y = symbiosis
T = health funnel
` = Havok
Alt ` = Havok focus
Shift W = shadow ward
alt 2 = burst macro
Shift R = focus
alt 1 = Engineering belt
alt 3 = Engineering belt
alt Q = Engineering belt
Shift G = trinket
Alt E = Felhunter
Alt X = unending resolve
x = Banish
Shift E = Shadowburn
R = Rain of fire
j = create HS
k = SS
shift C = use HS
Mouse up = Fel flame
Mouse down = Fel flame

Shift X = portal
alt A = demonic gateway
alt d = sacrifice et
alt S = summon infernal
alt z = bandages
control F = soulstone
control R = mount

S = command demon macro
shift 1 = target arena 1
shift 2 = target arena 2
shift 3 = target arena 3
alt down/up = lay portal
shift H = dark intent
f1 = Focus arena1
f2 = Focus arena2
f3 = Focus arena3

[14] Pet's

To understand which pet to use we have to know what each pet does. The following are spells that each pet has and in which scenario we would use those. All of the pets have 90% Aoe damge reduction and use an energy source based resource. Pets with Grimoire of supremacy do an additional 20% damage and have 20% more HP. Some of these numbers won't be correct for you as it is based on spell power. All of these numbers are used with 20,000 spell power.

14.1A Imp

Blood pact = Increases party and raid members stamina by 10%

Cauterize master = Burns the Master's wounds, dealing a small amount of damage, then restoring 12% health over 12 sec.

Singe magic = Burns harmful magic off the target, removing 1 harmful spell from a friend.
Auto-Cast:
Cast upon master when he is stunned, silenced, polymorphed or feared by a magic effect.

Flee = Escapes to the master. Removes all stuns and roots.

Firebolt = Deals 22,211 fire damage to a target. Master gains 8 demonic fury

14.1B Fel Imp

Blood pact = Increases party and raid members stamina by 10%

Cauterize master = Burns the Master's wounds, dealing a small amount of damage, then restoring 12% health over 12 sec.

Sear magic = Burns harmful magicc of the target, removing 1 harmful spell from up to 3 friends 15 yards of the target.
Auto-Cast:
Cast upon master when he is stunned, silenced, polymorphed or feared by a magic effect.

Flee = Escapes to the master. Removes all stuns and roots.

Firebolt

These pets are based used against heavy magic controlling teams. I prefer to use this against mages and hunter teams when affliction. I nearly always use this pet against hunter teams on every specialization because it helps me dispel my healer out of traps.

14.2A Voidwalker

Disarm = The Voidwalker strikes at the target's hand, disarming their weapons and shield for 10 sec.

Shadow Bulwark = Temporarily grants the Voidwalker 30% of their maximum health for 20 sec.
Auto-Cast:
Use this ability when below 20% health.

Shadow Shield = Encases the Voidwalker in shadow energy, reducing physical damage taken by 60% for 30 sec.

Each time the Voidwalker is struck, a blast of Shadow damage is released, dealing 1034 Shadow damage and reducing the power of Shadow Shield by 20%.
Auto-Cast:
Use this ability when being attacked.

Torment = Torments the targets soul dealing 7,346 shadowstrike damage. Master gains 10 Demonic fury

14.2B Voidlord

Void shield = Encases the Voidlord in shadow energy, reducing damage taken by 60% for 30 sec.

Each time the Voidlord is struck, a blast of Shadow damage is released, dealing 1034 Shadow damaging and reducing the power of Void Shield by 20%.

Auto-Cast:
Use this ability when being attacked.

Disarm = The Voidwalker strikes at the target's hand, disarming their weapons and shield for 10 sec.

Shadow Bulwark = Temporarily grants the Voidwalker 30% of their maximum health for 20 sec.
Auto-Cast:
Use this ability when below 20% health.

Torment = Torments the targets soul dealing 7,346 shadowstrike damage. Master gains 10 Demonic fury

The only use I have found for this pet in arenas so far is to sacrifice it gaining a 30% increased hp. However even then I rarely used it. Great against double melee teams in 2v2 that can't magically trap your partner.

14.3A Felhunter

Shadowbite = Bite the enemy, causing 12,392 shadow damage. Master gains 12 demonic fury

Spell lock = Silences the enemy for 3 seconds. If used on a casting target, it will counter the enemy's spellcast, preventing any spell from that school of magic being cast for 6 seconds.

Devour Magic = Purges 1 beneficial magic effect from the enemy. If an effect is devoured, the felhunter will be healed for 6,121 and gain 60 energy.
Auto-Cast:
Use on the felhunter's current target

14.3B Observer

Tongue lash = Lick the enemy, causing 541 (+ 50.6% of SpellPower) Shadow damage. Master gains 12 demonic fury

Clone magic = Steals 1 beneficial magic $19505leffect:effects; from an enemy. If an effect is devoured, the Observer will be healed for (2115 ( + 20% of SpellPower) + (($SP * 0.5) * 0.3)) and gain 60 Energy.

Optical blast = Blasts the enemy with lasers, dealing 150 (+ 14% of SpellPower) Shadow damage and silencing the enemy for 3 sec.

If used on a casting target, it will counter the enemy's spellcast, preventing any spell from that school of magic from being cast for 6 sec.

These pets are best used against spell casters when affliction or destruction if you decide to run with pets. They are also the best sacrifices. They allow you to lock out burst or self healing effectively allowing your team mates to live longer or help guarantee a kill.

14.4A Succubus

Seduction = Seduces the target, preventing all actions for up to 30 sec. Any damage caused will remove the effect. Only works against Humanoids.
Auto-Cast:
Cast upon targets who stun, silence or fear their master.

Whiplash = Deals 455 to 528 (+ 46% of SpellPower) Shadow damage and instantly knocks back all enemies within 5 yards.

Lash of pain = An instant attack that lashes the target, causing 22,211 shadow damage. Master gains 12 demonic fury.

Lesser invisibility = Gives the succubus lesser invisibility for up to 5 minutes. This spell can only be used out of combat.
Auto-Cast:
Reapply when the succubus leaves combat.

14.4B Shivarra

Bladedance = An instant attack that lashes the target, causing 969 (+ 90.7% of SpellPower) Shadow damage. Master gains 12 demonic fury.

Fellash = Deals 455 to 528 (+ 46% of SpellPower) Shadow damage and instantly knocks back all enemies within 5 yards.

Mesmerize = Mesmerizes the target, preventing all actions for up to 30 sec. Any damage caused will remove the effect.

Works against Humanoids, Beasts, Dragonkin, Giants, Mechanical and Undead targets.

Auto-Cast:
Cast upon targets who stun, silence or fear their master.

These pets are very usefull for destruction, I have not tried them as demonology or affliction however their knock offs can be game changing on maps which allow it. These pets can make it easier to control more targets.

14.5A Felguard

Axe toss = The felguard hurls his weapon, stunning the target for 4 seconds.

Felstorm = The felguard recklessly swings it's weapon, striking all nearby targets within 8 yards for 100% weapon damage every 1 second for 6 seconds. The felguard cannot perform any other abilities during felstorm.

Legion strike = A sweeping attack that does 130% of the Felguard's weapon damage divided among all targets within 6 yards.

The Felguard's current target is also wounded, reducing the effectiveness of any healing received by 10% for 5 sec.

Charge an enemy, instantly causing 150% weapon damage and increasing the Felguard's movement speed by 30% for 6 sec.

Auto-Cast:
Use anytime the Felguard's target is further than 8 yards away.

14.5B Wrathguard

Mortal cleave = A sweeping attack that does 195% of the Wrathguard's weapon damage divided among all targets within 6 yards.

The Wrathguard's current target is also wounded, reducing the effectiveness of any healing received by 25% for 5 sec. Master gains 12 demonic fury.

Wrathstorm = The Wrathguard recklessly swings its weapon, striking all nearby targets within 8 yards for its weapon damage every 1 sec for 6 sec.

The Wrathguard cannot perform any other abilities during Wrathstorm.

These are the primary demonology pets. They provide the best damage and their stun is simply amazing. They also provide some very large shields to allow you survive if talented so. I use this in nearly every arena match.

14.6A Infernal

Summons a meteor from the Twisting Nether, causing 1005 to 1132 Fire damage and stunning all enemy targets in the area for 2 sec. An Infernal rises from the crater, under the command of the caster for 1 min.

The Infernal deals strong area of effect damage, and will be drawn to attack targets near the impact point.

Best used in rated battlegrounds, it can stun a large group of people upon summon and provide a passive AOE to keep players from capping the flag.

14.6B Doomguard

Summons a Doomguard to attack the target for 1 min. Doomguard will cast Doom Bolt until it departs.

Sends a shadowy bolt at the enemy, causing 914 to 1009 (+ 90% of SpellPower) Shadow damage. Deals 20% additional damage to targets below 20% health.

Best not used in RBGS as the infernal is far superior.

14.7A Abyssal

Summons a meteor from the Twisting Nether, causing 1005 to 1132 Fire damage and stunning all enemy targets in the area for 2 sec. An Abyssal rises from the crater, under the command of the caster for 1 min.

The Abyssal deals strong area of effect damage, and will be drawn to attack targets near the impact point.

Best used in rated battlegrounds, it can stun a large group of people upon summon and provide a passive AOE to keep players from capping the flag.

14.7B Terrorguard

Summons a Terrorguard to attack the target for 1 min. The Terrorguard casts Doom Bolt until it departs.

Doom bolt = Sends a shadowy bolt at the enemy, causing 914 to 1009 (+ 90% of SpellPower) Shadow damage. Deals 20% additional damage to targets below 20% health.

Best not used in RBGS as the Abyssal is far superior.

[15] Pet management

To move your pet you can arrange it's spells through the spell book and spell bar. Each slot starting from left to right has a control key bound to it.

Control + 1 Activates the first slot all the way through 0.

You can also change these bindings through the Game menu > Key bindings > Action bar functions > Pet Action Button 1 - 10.

You may also using the macro commands to bind pet actions into your spells here are the ones I use. For more macro's refer to the Macro section of the guide.

/script SetRaidTarget("Malefîcium", 3)
/script SetRaidTarget("bescheiden", 2)
/script SetRaidTarget("qtzlol", 7)
/cast corruption
/petattack

/cast Health Funnel
/petpassive
/petassist

Pet action button 2 = Shift ` + Control `

[16] Enchants

The enchants I feel are best for warlocks are I feel pretty universal. These are the ones I run and they are the best version I am aware of so far.

Shoulders = Greater Crane Wing Inscription
Cloak = Superior Intellect
Chest = Super Resilience
Bracer = Super Intellect
Weapon = Jade spirit
Off hand = Major Intellect
Gloves = Superior Mastery
Leggings = Greater Cerulean Spellthread
Boots = Pandaren's Step

[17]Videos
17.1 Demonology

+Gnomemind - Always prove them wrong.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AjsqKBjRlTU&feature=youtu.be

+Gnomemind3 - Flying solo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1J-ClmIqxE

17.6 Affliction

+Gnomemind1 - Affliction Chronicles
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fM_ofLy-lcc&feature=youtu.be

17.6 Destruction (coming soon)
Edited by Malefîcium on 11/17/2012 1:35 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Want to get notified faster on more content?

https://twitter.com/Hfmario
http://www.youtube.com/user/Sc2Yosho?feature=mhee
http://www.twitch.tv/htomario
Edited by Malefîcium on 11/17/2012 11:16 AM PST
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Hmmm..perhaps a guide?
Reply Quote
100 Human Warlock
Yay its back :) sticky requested.
Reply Quote
91 Undead Warlock
You never mentioned haste for destro, and also I would say I don't agree with those stat weights. IMO haste=crit>mastery as you will want to be building more embers faster, as opposed to getting bigger CB's.

It does increase your overall damage, albeit very slightly, but its not enough to outweigh crit and haste as ember generators. Destro's damage is based on spending and building resources, and so mastery falls behind when you consider this. Mastery increases your ember generation not at all, and crit is better than haste for building embers most of the time, however if you get to stand and cast, they are the same.

I started this season reforging the way you've said, but i soon realized that I was just nerfing myself outside of CB. Just my 2c as a die-hard destro fanboi.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
You never mentioned haste for destro, and also I would say I don't agree with those stat weights. IMO haste=crit>mastery as you will want to be building more embers faster, as opposed to getting bigger CB's.

It does increase your overall damage, albeit very slightly, but its not enough to outweigh crit and haste as ember generators. Destro's damage is based on spending and building resources, and so mastery falls behind when you consider this. Mastery increases your ember generation not at all, and crit is better than haste for building embers most of the time, however if you get to stand and cast, they are the same.

I started this season reforging the way you've said, but i soon realized that I was just nerfing myself outside of CB. Just my 2c as a die-hard destro fanboi.

Spell Hit (6%) > PvP Power > Intellect > Mastery > Crit > PvP Resilience.

The reason Why I prefer this as stated above as well, is because mastery increases ALL of your damage, not only that but your self healing as well. I don't have a problem generating embers in arena between rain of fire and havoc incinerates / fel flames. Not only that but with the patch conflag will also generate embers, to be honest I'm drowning in them. I value Mastery more for the flat % increase when haste only really increases your mana regen and GCD slightly.

As for as critical strike goes it's great but it doesn't really scale as well as mastery, it's also not a %increase it's a RNG increase. It's awesome when you crit yes but the benefit for going crit over mastery actually hurts your over all damage greatly. I can get around 20% critical strike chance going all for it but I drop nearly 15% over all damage. You lose a lot of amplified damage for this and it's actually an amazing hit to your damage. You will also see this as why most PvE guides state mastery over anything else.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
updated with a better quality on the demonology video. Working on affliction next.

+Gnomemind - Introduction
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AjsqKBjRlTU&feature=youtu.be
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
It's still a little choppy frame-wise but much better.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
11/10/2012 05:43 PMPosted by Restorata
It's still a little choppy frame-wise but much better.

I can't fix the choppy part yet, I haven't figured out how. The rest I have though! Working on the affliction one now.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Update!

12.2 Affliction

+Gnomemind1 - Affliction Chronicles
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fM_ofLy-lcc&feature=youtu.be
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Why were you using the Hand of Gul'dan glyph in that video? Is there some upside to using it that I am missing?
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
11/10/2012 09:18 PMPosted by Kafka
Why were you using the Hand of Gul'dan glyph in that video? Is there some upside to using it that I am missing?

When you hit an area i have a chance to control more where it hits, not only that but a grounding totem or spell reflect / deterrence doesn't completely stop the damage. This way it just hits everything else too.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
I started using it in RBGs, and I'm liking it. If anything, the animation of a targeted of Hand of Gul'dan makes me happy.
*with Man Fury
Edited by Kafka on 11/10/2012 10:57 PM PST
Reply Quote
100 Troll Warlock
your profile shows u using glyph of demon hunting
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
11/11/2012 12:13 AMPosted by Soulreåver
your profile shows u using glyph of demon hunting

Yup, trying it out in 3v3. Having a hard time finding it usefull. I'm thinking maybe if I am being focused and my cooldowns are down? It's hard to say.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Looking forward to the Destro vids. Have been struggling with it in 3s when focused by melee
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
11/11/2012 05:16 AMPosted by Czarkasm
Looking forward to the Destro vids. Have been struggling with it in 3s when focused by melee

I'm thinking the destruction part might be a 2v2 / rbg mix. Currently pushing the main 3v3 team a little bit in rating.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]