Gnomemind - Warlock PvP Guide

90 Human Warlock
Found this guide very helpful, sticky requested. If I may though I personally have found it very difficult dueling spriests. Could you recommend a spec/strat against them?
Reply Quote
83 Blood Elf Warlock
11/10/2012 03:02 PMPosted by Malefîcium
To quickly find any section simply hit Control + F on your keyboard and enter the sub section.

I was never aware of being able to do this... Tanks!
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
11/25/2012 09:29 PMPosted by Necralos
Found this guide very helpful, sticky requested. If I may though I personally have found it very difficult dueling spriests. Could you recommend a spec/strat against them?

I try to save my healing cooldowns for when I get really low and use my sacrificial pact on cooldown, then after they get low I pop every cooldown when trinket is down in a pet stun. If they go invisible afterwards I knock them back to prevent casting into another fear. I may put out more detailed duel information another time.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Do you have any tips for 2v2 demo/healer mirror matches? I was in a game me(demo)/holy priest vs demo/rshaman and it just seemed impossible to get a kill on the shaman with just fears and wrathguard stun. If we CCed the shaman and went on the lock, with a combo of his own defensive he just wouldn't die, and we couldn't CC the healer long enough.

I know the abundance of fears on our part doesn't help with CC chains, but I feel like we should have been able to have done something different. And I know you were streaming demo/priest once.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
/ bump

what happened to the 3s team? and what effect does 5.1 have on the Demo lock?
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Do you have any tips for 2v2 demo/healer mirror matches? I was in a game me(demo)/holy priest vs demo/rshaman and it just seemed impossible to get a kill on the shaman with just fears and wrathguard stun. If we CCed the shaman and went on the lock, with a combo of his own defensive he just wouldn't die, and we couldn't CC the healer long enough.

I know the abundance of fears on our part doesn't help with CC chains, but I feel like we should have been able to have done something different. And I know you were streaming demo/priest once.

One of the things I would recommend is using the priest to also go aggressive on a target with your cooldowns while dropping a psyfiend to relieve pressure. It's kind of hard to kill a shaman but not impossible. Another method you can really do is rotate fear / mind control on the shaman and kill the warlock. Try to seperate the imps and the rest of the cooldowns so you can use the imps to force his defensives. If you CC the shaman constantly while staying on the warlock they will start needing to pop things.

In all reality though in 2v2, shamans are a great bane for warlocks and priests. This is a more well rounded version of your composition and the best way to take advantage of your assets is to mind control or CC the healer often.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
/ bump

what happened to the 3s team? and what effect does 5.1 have on the Demo lock?

I'm playing a bit more freely there are a few reasons that the 3's disbanded for now that I really don't wish to go over at this time. We're having fun messing around with multiple people though and it also makes it easier to get content for videos, my destro one has been stuck for a while since the lack of the 3v3 aspect however now it's back in progress.

5.1 has made it so we don't really use auras as much on dispell / mage teams. It can be spell stolen and dispelled and for 150 demonic fury and 1/2 the affect it's actually not worth it.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
bump...is their any blue for our forums? pretty sure theirs more then enough requests for this to be stickied.....
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
11/29/2012 06:33 AMPosted by Áz
bump...is their any blue for our forums? pretty sure theirs more then enough requests for this to be stickied.....

Blizzard doesn't care about the warlock forum. ^^
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
3rd page :(
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Good guide Gnomemind. There is a lot of good stuff in your 1v2 video as well with positioning and using your portals effectively as well as mitigating double dps burst.

I dinged 90 a day or two ago so I have horrific gear and lost a lot of games in 2s and 3s just to try and start getting conq points. When you have crap gear the toughest thing I found was a.) surviving the opening 30 seconds and b.) bursting someone down.

GoSac made all the difference with my crap gear getting people down in 2v2. My strategy was mainly kite the melee (its always melee) out of LoS from their partner and chip away at them till around 50% health and then go for a kill. Throw a focus blood fear on the healer if they try to come within range to heal. Also when you have crap leveling blues and greens - Dark Bargain is amazing. Being able to soak up the opening burst (without trinketing), teleporting away and using a healthstone or dark regen is game changing.

Demo is pretty tough with crap gear but I really enjoy the play style and the added utility you get with Meta.

Cheers,
Mad.

P.S. This post really should be a sticky!
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
sooo now with the chaos wave nerf is it still better them destro?
Reply Quote
87 Undead Warlock
Bumping for more sticky requests. Great guide. I just switched from affliction to demo, and I was having a hard time finding good info on the spec till I found this thread. Keep up the good work!
Reply Quote
Which would u recommend in arenas grimiore of sup or sac?
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
good job.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
Any strategies vs frost mages cause they seem to kick my !@# everytime i duel them
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Good guide Gnomemind. There is a lot of good stuff in your 1v2 video as well with positioning and using your portals effectively as well as mitigating double dps burst.

I dinged 90 a day or two ago so I have horrific gear and lost a lot of games in 2s and 3s just to try and start getting conq points. When you have crap gear the toughest thing I found was a.) surviving the opening 30 seconds and b.) bursting someone down.

GoSac made all the difference with my crap gear getting people down in 2v2. My strategy was mainly kite the melee (its always melee) out of LoS from their partner and chip away at them till around 50% health and then go for a kill. Throw a focus blood fear on the healer if they try to come within range to heal. Also when you have crap leveling blues and greens - Dark Bargain is amazing. Being able to soak up the opening burst (without trinketing), teleporting away and using a healthstone or dark regen is game changing.

Demo is pretty tough with crap gear but I really enjoy the play style and the added utility you get with Meta.

Cheers,
Mad.

P.S. This post really should be a sticky!

Welcome to the dark side! Warlocks are still fun even after the nerf and yes surviving can be a struggle.

12/03/2012 05:08 PMPosted by Áz
sooo now with the chaos wave nerf is it still better them destro?

Yes chaos bolt is still really hard to get off. However i'm nearly done with a video. I need some music for 3v3 destro.

12/04/2012 09:29 AMPosted by Fearulol
Bumping for more sticky requests. Great guide. I just switched from affliction to demo, and I was having a hard time finding good info on the spec till I found this thread. Keep up the good work!

Thanks! it actually motivates me a lot to see bumps and questions etc.

12/04/2012 06:15 PMPosted by Shoryuuken
Which would u recommend in arenas grimiore of sup or sac?

Right now sacrifice. Simply for the extra damage is almost necessarily now. However if you are playing with a high burst class supremacy is still really good.

12/04/2012 07:53 PMPosted by Darthlazar
Any strategies vs frost mages cause they seem to kick my !@# everytime i duel them

I will be working on duel guides soon, I want to finish 1-2 more videos first.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
demo or destro now?
Reply Quote
90 Undead Warlock
bump....i really would like to know the reason this isnt stickied yet. like i know their are blues looking at our forums....
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
12/07/2012 07:11 AMPosted by Áz
bump....i really would like to know the reason this isnt stickied yet. like i know their are blues looking at our forums....

I've actually decided to stop working on this because of the lack of blizzard caring. I thought if you put a lot of effort into it they would at least acknowledge it however this is not the case. I'm most likely quitting wow as I haven't even logged in a while simply because this game is dying with non caring employees.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]