Farewell WoW, MoP = RIP (continued)

90 Blood Elf Paladin
Following from last page of:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7004037136?page=1

Finally ready to call it quits, realized today after almost 8 years of playing that I just didn't enjoy the game anymore.

MoP ruined this game for people like me, I have a family, and I cannot and WILL not be forced into doing dailies across all my toons or hell even ONE toon in order to progressively gear my characters.

The new loot system for LFR, Sha, etc is completely unbearable, constantly seeing 28g pop up across all my toons gives me ZERO incentive to continue grinding out the casual content I am used to.

And its not like I havent given it time, I leveled nine classes to 90, and going through the same content over and over wasn't so bad, its the point where you get to 90 and you are pigeon holed into grinding dailies over and over or PVP'ing (which I do NOT enjoy). So I canceled today, which is saying alot because I play alot and used to enjoy this game massively.

Some will flame me, blizz will probably close the post, but truth be told, if they don't address these things soon there will be many following suit.

There is definitely legitimacy to your post, and we've been reading a lot of the feedback players have been sharing lately as we evaluate our endgame progression systems. Even as World of Warcraft evolves over each expansion, and as happy as we are with the experience we crafted for Mists of Pandaria, we always know we can do better.

Having said all of that, I'm just not personally sure we can design a game that's going to feel fresh and rife with content every time you login, if the expectation is that the average World of Warcraft player will have nine level-90 characters less than two months after the expansion's release. I really don't mean this as a judgment of how you choose to spend your time, either. But when considering everything you said in your post -- you mention needing time for family and enjoying casual content -- your noted (or implied) play time really sticks out.

Another sticking point is you brought up being forced to either do dailies or PvP. Why? Looking only at progression of character power at 90, do you not want to do scenarios, dungeons, or raids? What pushes you into reputation progression such that you feel you have to do it x9 and burn out on the game?

It looks good as is on paper but application is another matter.

Do I want to spend my time doing dailies for Mounts, Tabards, Recipies and Gear Echantments? Yes. Will I be more likely to do them anyway for Valor and a second chance at raid drops even if I'm not interested in any of the vanity items? Yes!

Do I feel jipped everytime both my normal roll and coin roll drop 28 gold(which may or may not even cover repairs depending on group)? Yes... Is it worse because I know that despite running Dungeons, Dailies, and LFR it will be weeks before I can even think about getting Valor items to augment disappointingly low drop rates(scenarios don't drop good enough gear to worry about)? God Yes! And it's like a slap in the face that you can only hold 3000 VP knowing you'll be maxed before you can even spend it.
Reply Quote
If it's dead let it rest in peace.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Monk
It didn't die though. It capped.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I'll probably be cancelling for a while as well. I don't mind running through dungeons multiple times for rep, but doing these dailies is killing the fun for me. I always liked the option of tabards and/or dailies. The rest of the expansion has been great however (aside from LFR loot). I loved the music/atmosphere of pandaria, so I leveled a monk hoping they would have reputation tabards back in by the time I hit 90 on the monk.

Sadly that doesn't look like it will happen.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
It's not dead, just ran out of room.
Reply Quote
11/12/2012 06:40 PMPosted by Amorloran
yeah but is a RIP thread...just let it happen no need to discuss it.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
11/12/2012 06:41 PMPosted by Därkly
It didn't die though. It capped.

Yeah it capped and it even attracted a blue post. :)

Quoted it, cause it also covered the OP's post. didn't translate well between threads though.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
You get honored with the Klaxxi just by finishing the quests in the Dread Wastes. The "I CAN'T SPEND MY VALOR" complaint is bull!@#$.
Reply Quote
58 Night Elf Death Knight
6 weeks left on my AP (I got it late), then i am out too.

Dailies are not fun, and before people say "wah don't do them", when the reward for "optional" content is too great, the content no longer is optional. 489 VP gear is far better than 5man gear, far better than LFR gear, so its too great a reward.

Already cut my playing back, hardly logged in for a week now, can't wait till my AP ends so i don't have to keep paying for the game
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Monk
I like how that thread exploded with activity after he posted in it.
Reply Quote
58 Night Elf Death Knight
11/12/2012 06:45 PMPosted by Melenia
You get honored with the Klaxxi just by finishing the quests in the Dread Wastes. The "I CAN'T SPEND MY VALOR" complaint is bull!@#$.

Yeah cause the ONE entire item you can buy at Honor will totally let you spend all your VPs.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
For the first two weeks I made sure to do my dailies every day. Then, I just stopped. I tried leveling one of my druids up to 90 and I made it to 89 and then stopped. I love leveling. It's my favorite part of the game, but I just can't bring myself to push through it right now.

I don't want to say it and hopefully I can find some way of getting myself out of this rut, but I might have to take a long break due to being burnt out. It hasn't even been two months and I'm already dragging way behind. Even after I was done with my dailies and switched to another toon, I found myself logging out because I just didn't want to play anymore.

I know dailies are 'optional', but I'd like to, at least this expansion, be in the raiding loop.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
11/12/2012 06:44 PMPosted by Arhagon
yeah but is a RIP thread...just let it happen no need to discuss it.

Personally I have no opinion on the OP's choice to quit, but the reasons he stated 'are' valid and deserve discussion. The only way we'll help the content of the game get better is by pointing out bad content and hoping it will be fixed. That and I don't feel quite disgruntled enough to post in the BUG forum that these coins might as well be vendor trash.
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
11/12/2012 04:30 PMPosted by Zarhym
Another sticking point is you brought up being forced to either do dailies or PvP. Why? Looking only at progression of character power at 90, do you not want to do scenarios, dungeons, or raids? What pushes you into reputation progression such that you feel you have to do it x9 and burn out on the game?

I feel like I'm piling on to this paragraph, but this rather large emphasis on dailies and reputation grinding also poses another problem: minority factions on PvP servers are essentially pushed out of progression, unless they can play the game during the majority faction's "down time".

My server is sitting at a 1:0.22 ratio (Horde to Alliance) according to Wow Progress (if those metrics are off, or if somebody has another source for them, please let me know). Half of my raid team has already canceled their subscriptions, and the rest of us can't really find the will to log on just to be ganked constantly while doing what is necessary to get in to raiding efficiently.

I honestly have no problem playing on a PvP server in the first place. I like the edge it gives to world exploration and leveling. But when you go to a quest hub and you're lucky to see an allied player out of the 10 to 20 standing there? It's just discouraging.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
I am struggling to have fun with this game. I don't want to quit, but mother of all that is mighty, this game is becoming a chore. Controlling how fast players complete content by making dailies mandatory is horrid. I can't even bring myself to want to level an alt because I know the hell that is waiting for it. And let's face it, double rep is not THAT great of an incentive when you are only getting a 100 rep for a quest completion in the first place.

Now I get Valor capped before the end of the week just from dailies so I have no reason whatsoever to run dungeons or do scenarios. I'd love to do one just to break up the monotony of the dailies but I am exhausted by the time I am done with them to even queue.

There is no reason for me to PvP. It isn't balanced, it was never balanced and it never will be balanced. So unless you are the flavor of the month class (Warriors) then it really is no fun to get global'd.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid

Yeah cause the ONE entire item you can buy at Honor will totally let you spend all your VPs.

Two items, and it's four weeks worth of Valor to buy them. If you can't get Golden Lotus to honored within four weeks of starting heroics, you don't need Valor gear for anything anyways.
Edited by Melenia on 11/12/2012 6:52 PM PST
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
There is definitely legitimacy to your post, and we've been reading a lot of the feedback players have been sharing lately as we evaluate our endgame progression systems. Even as World of Warcraft evolves over each expansion, and as happy as we are with the experience we crafted for Mists of Pandaria, we always know we can do better.

Having said all of that, I'm just not personally sure we can design a game that's going to feel fresh and rife with content every time you login, if the expectation is that the average World of Warcraft player will have nine level-90 characters less than two months after the expansion's release. I really don't mean this as a judgment of how you choose to spend your time, either. But when considering everything you said in your post -- you mention needing time for family and enjoying casual content -- your noted (or implied) play time really sticks out.

The trick to providing fresh content every time a player logs into the game is to ensure they are interacting with unpredictable humans instead of predictable NPC mobs. Dungeons, scenarios, raids, and PvP all provide interaction with unpredictable players that keep things interesting. I can run the same dungeons for months without getting bored since you never quite know what will happen. My tank will never d/c on a quest or daily to cause an interesting situation of the rest of the group trying to survive. My healer and I will never run in opposite directions out of fire causing the healer to be out of range. Quests just don't have any of the interesting things that happen in group content.

Dailies right now provide rewards so much better than dungeons and scenarios that there is no purpose running dungeons or scenarios after the first weekend you're 90. It's smarter to just prioritize the VP upgrade of your worst slot instead of chasing a 463. Having to queue and drop until a dungeon with upgrades pops also makes dungeons insanely unattractive as a gearing path.

Raids are great, but there's no purpose to running LFR more than once a week. That only takes an hour or two for the entire week, which isn't really enough content to justify sticking with the game. And once you get past LFR, you get into the social expectation that you are doing your dailies if you want to raid.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]