Storyline: How Blackwater PvP Came To Be.

90 Human Death Knight
Back in the Day where Horde. Ruled Shattered Halls Considerably More so then now, where the ratio was 5-1... and alliance pvp in this server was non existant to say at best....

During this period Shattered halls was going through some changes. Alliance on the server were down and beaten... there was no life support.. And Wintergrasp earned its title of hordegrasp.. as horde continually dominated. and prided themselves on keeping it from alliance.

As Blizzard Found a new method of generating more money, A Great Exodus happend, as alliance from guilds such as snake iz mafia, and vini vidi vici , gave up as well as the few alliance pvpers on this server all Changed to horde side, bitter and resentful of there alliance counterparts they found a new home with horde.

I a newly young 80dk by the name of leonerasdk found myself in constant loss after loss of wintergrasp battles.. tenacity was a constant factor... and the wg battleground channel was frought with constant argueing as alliance tried to find an effective strategy. against collossal odds, by this time horde had reached there peak, with fresh troops, from alliance and a already winning strategy, there seamed to be no end.. to the horde machine.

What started my idea of forming the guild of blackwater I found myself meeting people who no matter the odds believed that wintergrasp could be won, these people and I formed a bond... tired of the constant bickering and lack of solutions we decided on a strategy that would counter the horde heavy hold on wintergrasp.... and we all agreed apon a time thus was formed a group of 80's alliance who were fed up of the horde braggards, and started a night raid.. full of any and all willing alliance who were tired of the 2 week droughts of wg...now starting a wg premade was not enough we needed an effective strategy....

From the Many many Defeats the Strategy seemed all the simple.. Alliance were predictable on how we assaulted wintergrasp, and that is to attack from the east.. Horde knew this strategy, and allways pressured east,allowing for some elements to take broken,westpark,eastpark.. and choke us east... so knowing the movements in which horde used... the decision was an easy one.. get a raid of 40 people and assault from the west....
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Continued.....

First WG PREMADE.
During this period.. alliance involvement in Wg Was little to none.. nobody believe that winning wg was possible.. not with the moral so low.. so 40 min prior we began to plan... at first.. everyone scoffed at the idea.. as moronic,and useless, and by the time 9 min prior to match we only had 12 people in the raid.. but those 12 were ready to try anything for a win... so our plan was simple, destroy the cannonz and west to get rank... while the horde massed east .... everyone was ready.. and in position.. and then wg started.. we all were in position, Harley and I took out the cannonz to the west while the horde massed east.. the few others got ranking by killing unsuspecting horde on west.. the others watched and continued to ignore our pleas to mass west, we all massed with 4 tanks, while rest provided support... by this time the horde had taken sunken and were working there way down south to finish the match.. we encircled and navigated through the swamp.. to avoid horde detection. and finally made it to the wall, there were no horde anywhere to be seen, we cleared the first wall, ground support leading the charge, while seiges followed carefully behind. still no horde spotted us.. by this time we felt encouraged that our strategy would work. all thewhile those alliance on the EAST already given up hope began to argue, as allways... and then we hit the second wall, by this time the element of suprise had worn off, as our little defenders fought 4-1 odds to buy us time.. we cleared second wall, by this time our gunners blasted the last door.. our shouts erupted the chat.. and the argueing turned into encouragement as they saw our 4 seiges clear the second wall.. then we made it to the final door, all 4 up the horde desperately trying to stop us all alliance defenders holding there ground... then we broke through.... With cheer and applause lighting up the chat room... we have Captured Wintergrasp., And from that point on alliance momentum had changed.. for wintergrasp.. And For Alliance.. As wishy washy as it seemed.. I remember going back in trade as somone announced we captured wintergrasp, disbelief and shock soon turned into raids and a momentum change for alliance...

This story is 3 years old :D but figured it would make a great topic.. I am Definately Looking Forward to seeing other guilds storylines on how they formed! ect so Make a thread :) would love to read
Edited by Leonariasdk on 11/1/2012 6:24 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Priest
Let me add the horde side of it:

After months and months of continuously face rolling the alliance in winter grasp and gearing out all of our alts trade chat looked like this:

"LFM winter grasp"
"No one wants to do that again. Let the alliance have it"

/Blackwater PvP was founded.
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Hunter
I miss those WG days. I wish everyone still did it everyday. </3
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
I'm guessing you guys were the ones that stopped my raid group from getting to kill Varian. I guess it was good enough getting the other 3.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid

Word ^

Not really a grand story for my guild. It's been around since the baby days of SH though. I joined back in '07, and it was pretty large at the time. Over the years, people moved on or just quit and never logged back in. I took a break for a month or so, and when I came back, there was apparently a pretty bad fight with the guild leader and some members and there was only a handful of people remaining. The guild reigns were eventually handed to me, and I tried a couple of times to get it back up and going, but didn't have much luck with all the other bigger and more successful guilds on our small server.

In the end, our guild was pretty much just a group of good friends. We never raided, did rated BG's or all that other fancy stuff the big dogs were doing, but we had one hell of a good time and loved hitting towns for some world pvp action. (I'm sure you remember a couple of those, Leo =P)
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight

Word ^

Not really a grand story for my guild. It's been around since the baby days of SH though. I joined back in '07, and it was pretty large at the time. Over the years, people moved on or just quit and never logged back in. I took a break for a month or so, and when I came back, there was apparently a pretty bad fight with the guild leader and some members and there was only a handful of people remaining. The guild reigns were eventually handed to me, and I tried a couple of times to get it back up and going, but didn't have much luck with all the other bigger and more successful guilds on our small server.

In the end, our guild was pretty much just a group of good friends. We never raided, did rated BG's or all that other fancy stuff the big dogs were doing, but we had one hell of a good time and loved hitting towns for some world pvp action. (I'm sure you remember a couple of those, Leo =P)

I also learned never lead a raid against natman... it never works :(

<3 :D
Edited by Leonariasdk on 10/30/2012 3:27 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Thanks Btw Natman :) for contributing to the the tread.... Did they just hand it over to you?.. and whats become of gnuttyskull?
Edited by Leonariasdk on 10/30/2012 3:29 PM PDT
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
10/30/2012 01:51 PMPosted by Äcornsmasher
I'm guessing you guys were the ones that stopped my raid group from getting to kill Varian. I guess it was good enough getting the other 3.

oddly enough we think of varian like horde think of garrosh or me for that matter, Overrated and in desperate needing of a beatdown,
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
Cool story, albeit a little annoying to read lol.

Back in wrath I made a historical post like this about most of the major PVE guilds from BC which was pretty interesting, although I've forgotten most of it. I'm sure its long gone by now but it is nice to have some new history on the server.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
10/30/2012 03:29 PMPosted by Leonariasdk
Thanks Btw Natman :) for contributing to the the tread.... Did they just hand it over to you?.. and whats become of gnuttyskull?

Yeah they pretty much just gave it to me. I've passed it to someone else just recently though, since I'm not on anymore. I kinda hate to say it, but Gnutty is done with WoW (or so he tells me). We're all pretty much on Gerd Werz 2, but I'm sure in due time we'll be back in this game. For the moment though, we're having a pretty good time in it (it's still got that new MMO feel to it like when you first started WoW).

In fact, if you've got time to blow, I've been putting clips up on teh yewtewbz of our retarded shenanigans in the game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lt6zEU7aIto&feature=plcp
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
10/30/2012 03:31 PMPosted by Leonariasdk

oddly enough we think of varian like horde think of garrosh or me for that matter, Overrated and in desperate needing of a beatdown,
You do got a point. I personally hate Garrosh because he is way too power hungry. I still try to stop the Alliance as much as I can though so we don't look bad for the Horde. I don't know Varian's story at ALL. I just wanted the achievement. XD
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Nice post Leo. A bit vanglorious but informative for those who were not there. You might consider letting folks know that you did not act alone though.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
11/01/2012 04:48 PMPosted by Darmand
Nice post Leo. A bit vanglorious but informative for those who were not there. You might consider letting folks know that you did not act alone though.

Very True.. But keep in mind this was at the very beginning, a week after v3 did a full guild transfer to horde.. thats when we started running em... and the majority of the people that were there at the begining are pretty much gone... Albeit Harleyryder still around, which in my opinion "one of the main reasons why it was so successfull ".. It was a vastly unpopular thing, alliance were set in just rolling east not trying to change things up.. people pretty much laughed at the idea.. so we didnt have many supporters... started during the late night hours... midnight ect... eventually moved more towards day. Altho I openly admit Darmand you sir have defended my actions at the very beginning and I to this day applaud you for it... you led many wintegrasp premade successfully also.. those that did are pretty much OLD GUARD, !@#$ goes down you guys are the one to look too... there was also looney, rock , I really wish Darmand I could remember the rest of the people that helped start it... Because it made one hell of a story.. Im just trying to connect it to the beginning of bwpvp.. This is good history for those that are new to server :).
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Let me add the horde side of it:

After months and months of continuously face rolling the alliance in winter grasp and gearing out all of our alts trade chat looked like this:

"LFM winter grasp"
"No one wants to do that again. Let the alliance have it"

/Blackwater PvP was founded.

Lol I remember Horde Would Send Spies to see if we were running premades.. just so they can try to stop them.. Horde prided themselves on keeping wg from us... so I dunno about all that.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Shaman
Doubt the spies were anything but a creation of your imagination, however, I do recall the good times of hunting masses of Blackwater pvps with just Meowcat and I back in Wrath... especially around the DMFaire when you'd gather a mob of your guildies.

My favorite memory was around end of Wrath when I joined up with two guildies from Lok Kosh (don't remember names) - one was a Hunter, and the other the infamous Ret Pally which had a massive bounty on her head because of the number of Alliance she had killed...

You guys attacked the three of us with 10+ players and we managed to wipe out half the group, and still survive. . . It was quite exciting.

Now, world PVP is quite dead on the server.. people just don't seem to care anymore. A sad sad thing.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Doubt the spies were anything but a creation of your imagination, however, I do recall the good times of hunting masses of Blackwater pvps with just Meowcat and I back in Wrath... especially around the DMFaire when you'd gather a mob of your guildies.

My favorite memory was around end of Wrath when I joined up with two guildies from Lok Kosh (don't remember names) - one was a Hunter, and the other the infamous Ret Pally which had a massive bounty on her head because of the number of Alliance she had killed...

You guys attacked the three of us with 10+ players and we managed to wipe out half the group, and still survive. . . It was quite exciting.

Now, world PVP is quite dead on the server.. people just don't seem to care anymore. A sad sad thing.

no figment of my imagination, quite real infact.. one of the former horde fanboys is a good friend of mine.. :)
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight

no figment of my imagination, quite real infact.. one of the former horde fanboys is a good friend of mine.. :)

as to your 2nd post about wiping out half of our raid... with just 3, I dunno about that.. but I do have some exciting screenshots of a 10 man raid solo'ing 50+ horde infront of org... got plenty of those.. I figured since we were bragging about how good we think we are.. I would mention it.. as well as us dropping garrosh 9 times, early afternoon and late night hours.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Death Knight
I remember When Zouxlol the mage somehow managed to get above the mailbox in IF and no one could reach him despite several tries and he just kept killing everyone that was tagged for pvp...that was hilarious
Reply Quote
10/29/2012 02:24 PMPosted by Leonariasdk
I a newly young 80dk by the name of leonerasdk found myself in constant loss after loss of wintergrasp battles.. tenacity was a constant factor... and the wg battleground channel was frought with constant argueing as alliance tried to find an effective strategy. against collossal odds, by this time horde had reached there peak, with fresh troops, from alliance and a already winning strategy, there seamed to be no end.. to the horde machine.

holy crap leo you still know how to make me laugh.
miss you sometimes xoxoxo
#likdisifucryeveritim
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]